Not to sound retarded, but I just noticed they aren't even landlocked

Not to sound retarded, but I just noticed they aren't even landlocked.

Why doesn't someone just build a raft and paddle away before turning back and landing on the South's shore?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NA6f9AH2xRg
youtube.com/watch?v=MgPOvb9WEaE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>but I just noticed they aren't even landlocked.
Are you literally retarded?
You though NK was a landlocked country?

OP is retarded but i want to hear legitimate discussion of his topic. go ahead

this made me think

I knew they weren't landlocked but the concept of North Korean beaches and a North Korean shoreline never entered my brain.

All I thought of North Korea was Pyongyang and people starving in rural areas.

Why can't they just paddle away?

Their navy might be shit, but they do have a lot of patrol boats running up and down their coast.

because if one person does run away or boat away their entire family is killed or sent to a concentration camp
>typical muzzie brit thinks of himself more than his family

Firstly, how would they procure a raft or even the materials to build one? These people eat literal fucking grass because they're so poor.

Secondly, how would you avoid the intense patrols constantly guarding the coastline?

Thirdly, how could you decide between a third-hand concept of "freedom" described to you in whispered tones and the lives of your loved ones, since they're all getting executed once you're found missing?

North Korea doesn't want them to get away.
South Korea doesn't want them.
China sends them back to Korea.
Japan will accept them but they will deal with extreme racism.
Philippines is a shithole.
Vietnam accepts them, but is only decent to live in one of the cities.

>South Korea doesn't want them.
you literally get an apartment rent-free for five years if you're a North Korean defector.

>true
>false
>false
>really fuckin false
>true
>vietnam is a shit hole

>build a raft and paddle from NK to Japan/ Philippines/ Vietnam
sounds legit
russia is a lot nearer and less dense/ patrolled btw

I wasn't aware either. I barely know how the map of Asia looks and have a better grasp on Africa and the Middle East.

It's just that you're probably live closer to the west cost

Sharks.....

The currents would kill them if they tried going passed international waters.
Plus they're starving on land, do you think they'd survive out on a raft with even less food?

you share a border with them

You would need the musculature of an Olympic swimmer/rower to paddle that distance, and even that's at a push. You're talking about malnourished farmers with very little means of traveling around.

Don't they have the fear that if they escape then the family that still lives there will be either killed or imprisoned?

he probably lives in churkaville or western russia,and probably doesnt live near volvostok

Because using a raft to cross hundreds of miles in the Pacific is fucking suicide.

>Doesn't want to sound retarded
>Didn't realize a peninsula isn't landlocked

Holy shit your education is worse than mine

The Norks don't want them to get away, they'd have to go far enough outside of the shoreline to not be seen by Nork outposts which is kind of suicidal, and they've all been brainwashed into thinking the outside world is even shittier than North Korea

you just can't stop thinking where 'nam is

IF you disappear by running away, North Korea kills all adults then puts the kids into hard work prison camps and ensures that the next 2 generations are also born in prison and have to work.

yeah well we know Nam isn't landlocked dickhead

Defector and refugee aren't the same thing. They want military or government officials who can provide them with intel (in exchange for that apartment). They don't want some farmer.

>>Why doesn't someone just build a raft and paddle away before turning back and landing on the South's shore?

Why would they want to do that?

youtube.com/watch?v=NA6f9AH2xRg

Norks have coastal patrol boats that will shoot anyone trying to escape via boat.

They're like PBR Streetgang.

>they don't want some farmer
They help all of them fąm

Everybody is in the military..
There are outposts everywhere.
China just sends them back..

>people who try to flee the country will be executed without trial.

Are you thinking of South Korea?

youtube.com/watch?v=MgPOvb9WEaE

I think it's because the north is so brainwashed, they don't want to leave. Literally think the leader is god.

>There are outposts everywhere.

who's that cutie to the right,ill give her citizenship

You have just discovered that the "muh super poor miserable population" is a meme sold to you by (((them))) and that most of the so called 'defectors' are paid liars.

>Kumgang

>Korean Peninsula
>Peninsula

>These people eat literal fucking grass because they're so poor.

Please, they call Michigan a Peninsula and its not surrounded by ocean.

>what are sea patrols
>what is a police
>what is a dictatorship
really gets the nogging jogging

Is that a dog pretending to be a chicken?

Norks have never seen a chicken, dog think will confuse long enough to escape.