What is this flat earth meme and do people actually believe that the earth is flat...

What is this flat earth meme and do people actually believe that the earth is flat? How many of you don't believe in the moon landing? Is there any evidence to back any of the claims that it's fake and it's a flat earth?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KvAk9718Jo8
universetoday.com/117843/how-did-we-find-the-distance-to-the-sun/
www-spof.gsfc.nasa.gov/stargaze/Svenus1.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=hlJmBe1eeQA
youtube.com/watch?v=xciCJfbTvE4
youtube.com/watch?v=Qr6Vcvl0OeU
eoimages.gsfc.nasa.gov/images/imagerecords/57000/57723/globe_west_2048.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=vvmPjdDDDS4
youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hello?

its not really that its flat

more so that its not a sphere

usrs

the truth it's a very effective subversion technique to keep extremely intelligent anons predisposed to engineering away from aerospace technology.

it's successful because flat earth is really fun and it's basically correct cause the earth is so huge.

It's mostly just shills and trolls who keep making these threads.
In case you're unaware, the flat earth bullshit has a long history on the internet, and 95% of the people who were involved in it were trolls. It was never a real thing, until the reactionary assholes who are willing to believe in any conspiracy theory decided that it made sense to them.

No. It's an engineered meme designed to discredit plausible conspiracies about corruption abuse of power by associating conspiracies with lunatics.

youtube.com/watch?v=KvAk9718Jo8

he covers it fairly well in 6 minutes and is 100% accurate (he is using humor to get normies to understand it, it's a triple play - he believes, and pretends he doesn't believe while pretending to believe for laughs)

Fpbp

honest question. If the sun and the moon stay perpetually in the sky, but merely rotate around the world disc, why would i not be able to see the sun, albiet far away, during the night? With nothing but ocean between me an it, wouldn't i make it out?

Calling it bullshit because dickless Brachiosaurus.

>mfw this probably happened and nobody will ever believe it

This

9pbp

Wouldn't this punch a hole through the disk ?

hey don't post questions that destroy the theory. The meme is to pretend you're a flat earther OR post dumb questions so people who pretend can destroy your arguments and lurkers think that the earth is actually flat

Who the fug knows - private space exploration can only tell.

That doesn't work though because if the earth is flat why can't Sarah Palin see Russia from her house?

Prove the earth is round, without trying to convince me to accept your beliefs.

It's impossible in person.

You can prove a lot in person, but proving the earth is round takes A LOT of time, and a lot of travel.

That's why is fun to troll that the earth is flat, becuase the truth is youre just accepting someone elses beliefs as your own, becuase youre too fucking lazy to prove it to yourself.

why don't you see high altitude airplanes from the ground? big things get smaller as they are further away.

in every conceivable way there is a possible explanation for a flat Earth model (this is why it was believed for many thousands of years), if you

REJECT:
>observational astronomy data and astrophysics research

this is not that crazy, all of our distance measurements of astronomical objects outside the solar system come from a ratio relationship with the accepted distance of the sun. all of apparent magnitude (brightness) measurements come from a ratio between different stars. that's all astronomers can measure, with those values actual brightness can be determined and plotted along a graph of stars called the main sequence, stellar evolution chart. which is not well understood.

>the moon missions and space programs
world government conspiracy required

>recent private enterprise missions and satellite data
world corporate conspiracy required

it's very important to understand that a fully committed flat earther CAN explain everything to you except the above 3 things which they must reject as false.

astronomy is not a science like say the building of a bridge is a science of stress and dynamic forces, tension under load etc. it is very much in it's infancy, since the information you can get from the universe is only light.

there really is legitimate room for a plasma or electric universe and for gravity to be a dud theory. which is why conspiracies about it get poopooed so hard, it would invalidate hundreds of years of careful work and study.

Incase your missing the point, if you'd actually spent a month doing Eratosthenes experiment, or travelled into space, you could tell flat earthers to fuck off, you've seen the proof.

Basically everything you know is just a belief you've accepted from someone else, becuase youre lazy.

Stop being a faggot, start proving things to yourself.

>why don't you see high altitude airplanes from the ground? big things get smaller as they are further away.
the light from the sun is enough to illuminate the entire sky of a hemisphere. Even if the disk would be too small to decipher, the light from it would be intense enough to see an effect, presumably.

Mariana trench?

>universetoday.com/117843/how-did-we-find-the-distance-to-the-sun/

>www-spof.gsfc.nasa.gov/stargaze/Svenus1.htm

of course all of the people involved since the 17th century were Freemasons.

it illuminates the maximum visual distance of the sky. a torch at night does not illuminate the entire forest, up close there is a focused beam, then there is diffuse illumination in the immediate vicinity, then as you go further and further away it shrinks until it is not visible. this is a well known property of light, it spreads out from a source following the inverse square law, as it divides itself there are less photons there until there are none left to be detected.

if you want to understand the flat earth model it's quite simple, the sun is just a bright diffuse torch in the sky which illuminates the portion of the Earth it is near.

in the geodesic model of the earth it is simply a larger diffuse torch, further away, illuminating the portion of the Earth facing it.

if you built a giant atmospheric reflecting mirror it would create perpetual darkness underneath it. the flat vs globe argument is more of an attack of the physics of fusion, is it a plasma effect that can be achieved at far lower temperatures, is it a nuclear effect that requires impossible to attain pressure and temperature.

it's becoming popular again in part due to the lack of success of manmade controlled fusion reactors. back in einstein's day there were competing models for all of these things, the plasma physics guys basically have been ignored since then.

the flat earth model with a rejection of gravity and an accepting low temperature fusion can explain observations. they then use various fringe ideas like Elohim/Yahweh in the bible used plasma ships to fly around in the sky, relativity is a conspiracy to keep people from discovering free energy, all of physics has been stagnating for about 100 years, etc.

>like there wouldn't be an industry
>like it wouldn't have been discovered by some dickfuck trying to get to india
>like that dickfuck wouldn't tell EVERYBODY for reputation because it's one for the books

If it existed, it would have been discovered during the exploration age, and instead of flat earthers we'd have hippies telling us we're killing our planet for mining the underside.

I for one wish op's pic was real, it would make space colonization development a hell of a lot more economical.

Flat earthers are not smart people, don't ask them questions only non-retarded people can understand since it will short fuse their brain :-j

>2017
>still believe theories from the 1600s.

wew lad. get your brain our level.

There are no videos of Earth from space.

NASA "accidentally" destroyed all video documentation of Moon landing because they needed to reuse the tapes likes some fucking hobos unable to make/buy new ones.

All imagery is fabricated in Photoshop.

Antarctica is off limits.

Definitely something shady going on.

It's like a memory corruption/ feedback loop

>believe something is right
>lack of evidence to support this belief
>make assumption on why that is
>now that you have validated your data through self assumption, you can use this data as a basis for further work

and it repeats.

The reason you can't disprove them is because after a certain point they've invested so much time they don't want to abandon it and they use that time investment as further validation that they are correct. Most of the time this is all done subconsciously, and because like sjw's they have the luxury of living in a first world and therefore no matter what they believe it won't be threatening to their life or survival.

It's only recently that sjw's have decided to bring outsiders into the habitat, and because they associate it with the rest of their time investment, it is by relation the correct thing to do, and as they use resistance from others as proof that what they're doing is right, they double down.

It's why you never internalize an external ideology as your core world view.

THE REAL QUESTION IS, IF THE EARTH IS FLAT, WHO LIVES ON THE OTHER SIDE OF IT?

Does a pin-pong ball punch a hole through the palette?

Fine, but then how do you argue for the intensity diminishing, but the solar disk not shrinking. In fact, the solar disk often seems large at the horizon before setting then it does a the apex. If the sun is merely movie away from us, shouldn't a sunset look like a slowly shrinking circle at sea, staying at the horizon until it becomes a pinprick, then disappears? Rather, we see a disk falling beneath the horizon, maintaining the same apparent size.

We need to investigate flat earth.

You faggots need to just watch some Chris Hadfield videos. He made a bunch of videos and tweets from space. Explain how they float around at 0g. He's published tons of pictures of earth taken from the space station.

It's a disinfo campaign to keep people from discovering the real shape of the world

>reactionary assholes who are willing to believe in any conspiracy theory decided that it made sense to them.
I know a peckerhead just like that.

Clearly the reptilianians controlling us

hahahahaaaaa

imagine something like this.

Because Russia doesn't exist. The U.S.S.R. never fell.

this of course only makes sense if we define e-w as circular and north in and south outwards

Assuming a relatively regular orbit, should this change in axis be spread out throughout the entire arch of the suns path along the sky. The resulting image would be a sun that is become more and more collapsed throughout the day. And again, even if flat, the sun should be diminishing in size.

More over is the sun is flat like this, and following this movement, the tilt eventually show the opposite side of the sun, rising and slowly expanding into a perfect circle. Is this side believed to be dark?

To be fair, back when flat Earth came out in the news, I researched it non-stop for a couple of months, came up with my own theories, looked at people performing experiments, etc. and I decided that they make a lot of good points that can't be disproved, and gave me a good freak out when I realized that the Bible states that the Earth is flat and circular.

After a while, instead of looking into the evidence for and against FE, I looked at the timing and the media's reporting on it. What was the point? They got everyone's favorite nig to come out and have a rap battle over it while everyone in the audience just laughed like "how ridiculous hahahaha".

Things like this, whether or not they're true, seem significant. People are still posting about it on Sup Forums and elsewhere.

This single video at 2:20 is what still leaves some doubt in my mind that the Earth is a sphere

youtube.com/watch?v=hlJmBe1eeQA

(samefagging cuz forgot info)

93 million miles away (((they))) said

or 4,000?

>How many of you don't believe in the moon landing?
I don't know if we landed on the moon or not because we might've secretly landed on it, it's impossible to prove that something didn't happen
However what I do know is that the broadcasted and advertised moon landing is confirmed as fake
youtube.com/watch?v=xciCJfbTvE4
youtube.com/watch?v=Qr6Vcvl0OeU

there is no light with which to see those details, all the light is coming from the sun.

the horizon line is the sun's shape, the collapse occurs visually as sunrise and sunset, the sun is not dipping below the horizon it is travelling far enough away for it's light to no longer reach you, visually it disappears from view- the horizon is just something far away from you. it appears to rise up and dip down during a day because it's moving on a flat plane above you and is self illuminating on only the downward facing side.

>tfw the horizon might visually appear curved because of God's view distance slider

All very valid points that I'd like to have answers to

>tfw an isometric universe would clear up all these disputes

I'm not a flat earther, but NASA are proven to photoshop images of our planet
Here you can see how clone tool is used on one of the most famous pictures of earth, it's on NASA's official site and it's on the first page of google images - eoimages.gsfc.nasa.gov/images/imagerecords/57000/57723/globe_west_2048.jpg

Where did it come from though?
Flat Earth literally wasn't a (somewhat widespread) thing until a like what, a year ago?
Probably the CIA/MI5/Mossad testing out new mind control programs

>mind control
Rather discreditation
You tell people about the jews, nice and clean, and then throw in the flat earth, reptilians or other crap and you instantly get treated like a tinfolier. They want to make the real jewish conspiracy to be on the same level as nonsense about the hollow moon or UFO abductions

nah it's always been around, it just gained popularity through social media. remember modern education is about deconstruction, deconstructing the accepted shape of the Earth is very appealing to the black minority because there arent enough token astronauts for them to think NASA was worth a shit.

so it spread through rappers (who always talked about illuminati, mind control, secret societies) and then through some d list celebrities. it gained enough popularity because the internet is a vast library, and flat earth shit dates back to the 1800 and 1700s, since bible thumpers were around then also and wanted the literal interpretation of the bible to be true and the scientists version to be made up.

flat earth 200-300 years ago was what teaching creationism in schools is today. all we have is theories, teach all theories equally, and so on. it's making half hearted comeback, it doesn't matter what shape the earth is most people are so uninterested in the natural world around them they could be living inside a cube- as long as they got to fuck, drink, do drugs and look forward to those activities they would be satisfied with anything.

this is the type of social degradation you see right before collapse, people sense it and stop caring.

youtube.com/watch?v=vvmPjdDDDS4

but then this was all known in 1949.

I'm well aware flat earth has been around for ages. I was more curious on the recent popularity of it.

>it just gained popularity through social media. remember modern education is about deconstruction, deconstructing the accepted shape of the Earth is very appealing to the black minority because there arent enough token astronauts for them to think NASA was worth a shit.
I guess this explains it well enough, thanks. I didn't know it was big in the black community lol.

also a little bit of this too

also this (failed utopia)
youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM

So, how bout that genocide?