*takes your job*

*takes your job*

I'm okay with that. As long as I take it's pay check. Who wouldn't want to send their robot to work while they drink all day?

This will be great for white suicide rates

Good riddance. I can go back to being a NEET.

>implying I didn't build it
feels good to be an engineer.

It's pretty depressing not working

Spend your time writing and when you get bored, work out, and then keep writing.

>Implying my stock portfolio doesn't include companies that make robotic machinery and automation systems,

Never tried it but it looks fun

*takes bitch*

This
After the military they somewhat broke my ass. I got what is essentially neet bux for life and I thought it was the sweetest deal ever and had planned on bumming it out for the rest of my life just living off of that because I easily could. I went about 3 months before I lost my mind and decided I needed something to do.
I can't stand to be doing jack shit.
I'll probably kill myself the day I'm old enough that my body can no longer work, I'll know what comes after that.

Yeah robotics factors for 0.001% of all engineering jobs so I doubt it, and it sure as hell isn't a strong industry in australia. Enjoy building shitty estates and cars for the chinese.

That's why Capitalism will fall. Capitalism is build on jobs and people's money, when all jobs will be taken by robots, people won't have money. Let's just hope communism won't for once cause famine and millions of deaths.

those titties

It's way cheaper to just turn people into robots for most tasks. You also need people to fix the robots, and manually inspect goods etc. We are like 20 years from being anywhere near full automation.

do you even post-scarcity bro?

delet this

General contractor here. Don't think so

I aGayest thing iv seen all week and im in Sweden.

Go write your little novel while the men work, hunny.

It won't be in manufacturing since most of those jobs were sent overseas. We have a warehouse economy here. The day robots run warehouses and take over white collar jobs then we're fucked

lol thats hand operated, sage this shit

Touche op, I guess we won't need all those shitskin immigrants.

Develop floss robot operating systems.

*takes your job*

I'm a machinist. I've worked with lathes build pre ww1 that are still running like a champ, high tech autamation that gets updated every other week and everything in between. I'm not knocking mechatronics, it's a wonder and is needed progress to move production forward, but I don't forsee putting a lot of people out of work. You still need reasoning skills, experiance, forsight (and no machine is even close) and most machines require a lot of care and attention as well. it's up to the human to tell the machine what needs to be done. The only jobs that machines are going to take over are the ones don't require any of that, the repetitive assembly lines, they're basically a step up from McDonald's slaves, and in America today they don't really make up that much of production, because it's still a lot cheaper to ship out the work and pay some one next to nothing to do those line jobs, See --> than it is to buy an expensive machine to do the same job.
I have no doubt that technology has the potential to progress far enough forward to reneder me useless in my profession. But I don't see it happening in my life time. And I don't see humanity lasting long enough for that to happen.