Where were your Grandparents doing during WW2?

If your Grandparents lived during WW2,what did they do.?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q7vbi6c6ePQ
youtube.com/watch?v=O13h2A4v6kQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

babby

My Grandfather on the male line did fight in ww2 with the Luftwaffe.He flew pic related.His wife worked for an ammuniotion company.

He took part in the reeintegration of danzig.Was stationed in Czechie for half an year and later fought om foot in the eastern front.

Grandfather served in the Royal Navy fighting against Kriegsmarine.

At the last days of the war his unit retreated from the soviets and was caught by the british,where he was unable to get to his family which was in Soviet Zone.He didnt saw them for ten years and was later completely cut off from them,because he was trapped in west zone and could not enter DDr

He was a tail end Charlie (rear gunner) for a Wellington bomber. Partook primarily in the bombings within Germany so fair play. The other side of the family were richer and owned a ammunition manufacturing plant so they didn't have to fight.

grandmother lived in a small Italian village under Mussolini, fled to England just as war was ending
Grandfather (her husband) was a polish man taken and put into the Nazi army. Was a communications dude (the guys who carried radios and sent morse) watched his friend gettign blwon up. Captured by the brits and released in england post war.

other grandparents were young children in England so no action

I whished our nations had never fought.

Kill nazis

So do I, but it was pretty amazing historically speaking, and if your ancestors stopped getting into such predicaments then we wouldn't have

My othe Grandfather was too young to fight,but his older brother died in Romania(supposedly) shot by a partisan on the last 4 days till he had "Fronturlaub" .

Both grandfathers were Marines that killed Japs One grandmother was a seamstress and the other worked in a pharmacy

beated germans in guess the jew

On an italian cruiser in the Mediterranean

In WW1 my great grandfather was a band member who lost his arm in the Somme during battle. The another relative went over the top of he Somme, a bomb went off by him and he go shrapnel in the arse and got sent home (still got the shrapnel that hit him) and another relative was a stretcher bearer who went over the top and was never seen again. Assume he was vapourised, saw his name on the large memorial in Belgium when I visited. Got his death certificate.

My grandparents were kids

hiding as a child, watching soviet tanks roll over the village

Killed japs

Maternal grandfather was mafia
Maternal grandmother was not born until 1949
Paternal grandfather left spain to get away from Franco
Paternal grandmother was daughter of nazi officer and secular jew, father died, mother remarried and moved here on refugee status or something

Fought each other during operation dragoon.

One was aboard pic related sinking Japanese ships.
The other ran to Canada and lied about his age to join the military. He was a machine gunner in the European theater.

Nazo officer and a jew.Sounds interesting.Do ypu know their story.

He died in Stalingrad

studying in the university, it was a calm life in south america during ww2 according to them

my Grandparents brothers defended our country during the Winter War and Continuation War, my maternal grandfather had 3 brothers in the war and so did my paternal grandfather. Everyone survived. My paternal grandfather's family provided the finnish army with many horses too that were not used in combat ofc, but in transport and such. My grandfathers themselves where too young to fight so they stayed home.

Grandpas uncle was an Italian Admiral
Spent most of the war using his fleet to carry back plunder from Greece

Only one.
He was a cartographer so he had a cushy job making military maps.
Mostly Denmark and Norway.
My parents still have his pictures.
Looks like he had a nice vacation.

Literally lynching niggers

My grandfather served in the Latvian Waffen SS Legion

My grandmother emigrated from Holland to America just before war broke out. Much of her family remained there during the occupation, though.

My granddad lived close to Moscow and was drafted just in time to help repopulate Germany after we took Berlin.

Grandpa fought the Germans in Gloppedal. Eventually he and fellow soldiers were captured, and imprisoned, but he was released after a couple of months.

He killed italians.

Got conscripted as "Hungarian" citizen from Southern Slovakia, fled to Soviets in early 1943, fought in the ranks of Red army for 6 months near Voronezh and Kharkov, later joined Czechoslovak army corps and fought in Ukraine and Czechoslovakia. Died in 1993 as 72 years old.

One French translator, the other in Pacific setting up places for planes to land.

Grandpa was an army mechanic. My grandma was in high school writing letters to him for some kind of pen pal program.

My great grandfather spend most of it in the Far East. He had to use his bayonet against Japs more than a few times apparently.

My other Grandfather was an officer in the Royal Navy, seen a lot of the world. Very intelligent man, could solve problems in the blink of an eye.

Both of them survived the war and lived a full healthy life with lots of children.

They were all around 10-14 years old. My grandpa spent a lot of time smuggling food (meat) from farms to his home with his dad. Dodging the NSB partols in the Netherlands.

Ambidextrous Danish Navigator
Pic Related

The story goes: her mother was jewish, but didn't get why people didn't just say they weren't or just convert, ended up meeting a party member at a family party who was an aquaintence of her cousin, fell in love and married, party member knew she was jewish but didn't care cause poontang, they ended up having my grandmother before the invasion of poland, her father was sent to france and ended up getting killed in a car bombing, her mother and her found out and left for england then moved here and remarried
My grandmother genuinely hates French people, and I would assume this is why

Shot Japs

My grandpa was stationed right near iwojima and slayed japs. Other grandpa was in Korean War.

My grandfather had a trucking company.
At the morning on September 1st 1939 a couple of guy from the Polish Army Cracow knocked on his door and said the war has started 3 hours ago and they are confiscating every truck he has to transport troops to the front.

He never got these trucks back.

My other granddad had a german bomb dud fall straight through the roof and fall on the kitchen floor, when they were eating dinner. I would probably shit myself.

There is a cemetery like 100 meters from my home, there are some old graves, all shot up to shit, bulletholes everywhere. They are left like that purposefully, as a reminder.

>grandpa got killed while going back home
>Other grandpa was comfy as fuck, living like a jew. He was a plane maker and selling shit at home on his spare time

:(
youtube.com/watch?v=q7vbi6c6ePQ
here's a great speech Göring did after the loss at Stalingrad

Maternal grandfather was a deck gunner on the USS Saratoga shooting at nips trying to kamikaze his fleet.

Dad's side was some sort of business related to the OSS but I don't know what exactly... it wasn't too exciting. My dad's whole side have been spooks but I broke the mold I guess.

Killin Natzis.

This. Two of my grand father's older brothers died in the war though. One of them was named Adolf.

One grandfather (mothers side) was in the US Navy, was in the battle of Okinawa, the other grandfather (Father's Side) was in the Battle of Bulge

>grampa served in WW2 demolishing bridges across europe and building them in egypt
>used to kick muslim kids off of the docks into the sea who pickpocketed him and his mates
>muslim kids would send their dogs through the perimeter minefields to try and find a path to sneak into their base to steal the tires off their trucks
>once a dog got blown up so high it went over the fence and landed on his commanders tent
>was training to deploy to Japan before America dropped the nukes, he would have most certainly died if the invasion went ahead since he'd be one of the first on the ground trying to destroy the nips bridges and roads
>got a german POW as his servant but the guy liked him so much he gave him his lugar as a parting gift once the war was over
>served in Israel when it was being established and almost got killed in the King James hotel bombing if he didn't happen to be outside at the time
>had to dig his dead friends out of the rubble that were murdered by backstabbing jews who werent being given a country fast enough for their liking
>hated jews ever since and warned my father to never befriend them as they'll always betray you and used to warn me as a little kid whenever we were in a jewish establishment to be careful
>so he survived WW2 unscathed but got PTSD from jewish terrorism which gave my dad emotional problems which gave me emotional problems
>literally every single problem in my entire life has been caused by the creation of Israel and the nature of The Eternal Jew

Grandfather was one of triplets, turned 15 (avaliable for war) 10 Days after war had ended, grandmother was in the Hitlerjugend and lived in a big city, Hagen, which was bombed nearly daily

Flew C-47s for supplies until he was shot down in North Africa. Spent the rest of the war in Egypt where he got his worst war injury from hitting a camel while racing motor cycles in the desert drunk.

Other grandfather carried a Springfield in Europe but wouldn't talk about it otherwise. He had a few medals though so who knows what he did

grrat grandfather on dads side. one rolled navy i believe. step grandfather fought on the ground in the battle of the bulge. heavy armor and artillery from what ive heard.

great gpa on moms side fought in japan, air force i think. always called my little bro "tank". he died way back, but apparently he never liked the japanese. bomber aircraft was a big thing from what i rmember when it came to him.

Killin comunist catalan faggots.

My grandpa on my moms side served in US Army in North Africa and Italy.

On my dads side he was a fighter pilot in the pacific front stationed in Alaska. Cool story but when the Japs made an attempt to invade Alaska we shot down the first zero and during that mini battle my grandpa was shot down over the Aleutian Islands.

One of my grandfathers was a Gebirgsjäger (mountain troops), the other was too young to fight in the war.

Don't think my grandparents did much during the war, grandfather was a miner. Great grandfather was involved in WW1 from more or less day one though, even made it through the Somme.

Grandpa was machinist in the nortraship fleet. Torpedoed thrice, survived. Hated ze germans, but hated norwegian gubmint and royals even more for fleeing the country after having let the commies disarm it as a primer for red revolution in the preceding years

Great-Grandfather was part of the Eisenbahn, he built the railways to supply the eastern front and also Auschwitz

My grandfather was sent to a German concentration camp.

grandpa was digging pits in Auschwitz for (((animals))) under forced labor, later sent to paint some bridge on Elba
funny how he was payed very well with reparations after the war, i guess it pays off to assist in the solution

I'm older
Mother's father
>1st Infantry Division from 1938 (he volunteered before the war) until 1947. Infantryman with a stack of medals, never wounded.
Father
>US Army signal corps as a German translator. His German was flawless since he was a native speaker
Father's father
>junior officer, Grenadier Regiment No. 8, Imperial German Army, WWI
According to family lore my grandfather met Hitler as a messenger during service and remembered him as being 'intense'.

one was a manager in a tank trap factory in Britain

one was a religious conscientious objector tortured in jail here

Tested nukes in Nevada/Bikini Atoll. Still have his security clearance badge. I really regret not being able to have him in my life for long.

Both my grandfathers fought, One of them stormed Normandy , fought at the battle of the buldge fought in the Pacific.

my paternal grandpa's one brother got anally raped by germans and died somewhere in eastern poland (old borders). grandpa himself was young but helped to comrade stalin in a collective farm.

my maternal grandpa got his ass handled to him in ukraine, but he didn't die. he came back and married.

Was he also put on the nazi rollercoaster with 200 other unlucky kikes and survived because bureaucracy?

My great uncle was in Indochina killing Japs before he became a PoW in the hellfire pass. When the transport ship he was on was bombed and sank, he survived by hanging onto floating rubble. When the war ended, he escaped death again because he missed his plane, which crashed and killed everyone on board.

Grandfather were both going to college/ uni. Only the last year of the war was uncomfy

Grandmothers were going to school

grandfather (corporal) stationed at beach fortification shot a u boat biked back to hq to report and told war was over grandma smuggled resistance news papers while grandad hid in coal basement to prevent being send to eastern front

MY great Uncle was an agent with the US State Dept as well as Defense Intelligence (you never actually "leave" that position... just change cover jobs)

He was there as well. He was in Palestine and Israel for years on and off. Spoke fluent hebrew. ALWAYS warned me about the kikes as a little kid.

My mom thought he was just being an old-fashioned anti-semite racist... but when I grew up I learned everything he said about them was 100% true.

>My great uncle was in Indochina killing Japs before he became a PoW in the hellfire pass. When the transport ship he was on was bombed and sank, he survived by hanging onto floating rubble. When the war ended, he escaped death again because he missed his plane, which crashed and killed everyone on board.
Unfortunately he's the only family member I know a lot about in WW2. I know my great grandpa was in D-Day but not much more than that.

Neither of my grandparents were around back then. My great-grandfather served in North Africa, Sicily and was stationed in Germany post-war. My great-grandmother was in her teens when the war was ongoing. She was German.

My father's father served as an engineer in the U.S. Army, during WWII. I believe he was stationed in Italy.
I'm not sure what my father's mother did during that time. She may have just been a simple housewife.
My mother's parents were both children during WWII.

youtube.com/watch?v=O13h2A4v6kQ

they were fucking dying

>grandma smuggled resistance news papers

Muh resistance. Seems like literally everyone has a grandmother/grandfather that was in the resistance.

Fighting against you faggots in Bosnia.

>dropping bombs on German factories
and
>beating commie fucks up at Texas ATM

Fought in the war then stood down when they were ordered to turn against Germany, fled the Soviet scourge for a few years, lost everything they had and 3/4 of their relatives to the gulag and local extermination camps and managed to go off the radar. Now their grandson watches in both amusement and bewilderment as the west imposes, through the same Marxist ideology, the literal import of the third world and considers it poetic justice...

My Dad's Dad was a mechanic that worked on planes. He was sent from the US to a British air base for it.
He actually met my Dad's Mom while stationed there.

Granduncle killed jews and russians in belarus.
Granddad killed fench and americans in france.

And yes my granddad survived and died in 80s while my granduncle died in the war.

Grandmother was born in 1939 in Germany. It's a shame she never got to experience the good years of the Third Reich.

>getting his ass kicked in Wehrmacht/missing in action
>getting his ass kicked in Volkssturm/almost being executed
>died giving birth
>died on flight from east prussia

I'm just glad it was totally worth it. See pic related.

Killing nips in GuadalCanal, The Philippines, Iwo Jima, and training to invade japan before they were atomized

My grandfather was a German WWI vet. I still have his service medal. He was a truck driver in civilian life and when WWII started, so he was put in the Wehrmacht reserves and. Didn't talk at all about what he did or where he was, but a lot in the family didn't talk about that time.

Mom's side Canadian RAF bomber. Grandmother was a nurse on my dad's side for the US

My grandparents traveled around Germany shitposting on any public bulletin boards they could find.

Pacific theater.

Great Grandfather fought in the Heer in France in 1940 and died on the Eastern Front. Came from a farming family.

Most were too young, early teens during the war. One was a British sniper in North Africa and later Italy though.

T. Brit in Kosovo

>maternal grandmother: still a child, living on a farm in East Prussia
>maternal grandfather: no fucking clue
>paternal grandmother: still a child, living on a farm in East Frisia
>paternal grandfather: still a child, living on a farm in East Frisia
Glorious son of peasants

my grandfather was a filthy sozi and currently votes fort SPD, even met schulz personally.
my great-grandfather was a full-on SS-er, shame I don't know more about him

I'm pretty sure most who fought on both sides would look at Europe today and despair at what it's become.

Did he fall out of a guard tower?

worked like nothing was happening

My grandfather was part of the resistance, mostly publishing illegal newspapers. He narrowly escaped the Gestapo twice, and fled to England. While he was on the run, he had to take a boat across a fjord, but it got shot to pieces by British aircraft, as they apparently mistook it for a German transport.

Artillery Air Observer in the European theater.

He flew around in the back of a Piper Cub (pic related) doing reconnaissance and crunching the math to call in artillery strikes on ze jermans.

Great grandfather was a Wehrmacht Officer. I'm not one of those contrarian "lol, Hitler" "Nazis so great" fags but I'm still proud of him. He may have done terrible things but he kept his family safe and thats something great in my book. Family had it good until the Russians came, my grandmother had to hide under attic floorboards to avoid being raped along the rest of the girls (she was twelve at the time).

My grandfather followed his father's footsteps and became an officer of the second Republic.

This was all from my mother's side. I'm not in the military, but I can tell you if some fuck showed up with an army to Threaten my family, gave me a gun and a rank and told me to shoot someone because they arbitrarily don't like him, I'd do it, and shout "Heil Hitler", too.