What does Sup Forums know about the opioid crisis?

What does Sup Forums know about the opioid crisis?

From Wiki:
>In the U.S., addiction and overdose victims are mostly white and working-class.
>Geographically, those living in rural areas of the country have been the hardest hit as a percentage of the national population.

What's going on?

Other urls found in this thread:

globalresearch.ca/the-spoils-of-war-afghanistan-s-multibillion-dollar-heroin-trade/91
globalresearch.ca/a-conspiracy-theory-that-became-a-conspiracy-fact-the-cia-afghanistans-poppy-fields-and-americas-growing-heroin-epidemic/5533673
washingtonsblog.com/2015/09/the-real-afghanistan-surge-is-in-heroin-production-and-tripled-opium-cultivation-since-the-us-military-arrived-un-and-us-government-documents.html
thedailybell.com/editorials/wendy-mcelroy-us-government-guilty-of-creating-heroin-addicts/
jesus-is-savior.com/Evils in Government/War on Drugs Scam/cia_drugs.htm
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/8600847.stm
reuters.com/article/uk-nato-russia-afghanistan-idUKTRE>62N56U20100324
aldeilis.net/english/bush-will-not-stop-afghan-opium-trade/
dol.gov/agencies/ilab/resources/reports/child-labor/afghanistan#ENREF_6
cfr.org/iran/afghanistans-role-irans-drug-problem/p11457
mintpressnews.com/global-war-terror-created-heroin-epidemic-us-afghanistan/218662/
breitbart.com/national-security/2017/02/01/afghan-heroin-eradication-drops-90-percent/
nbcnews.com/news/world/heroin-use-grows-u-s-poppy-crops-thrive-afghanistan-n388081
thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/10/05/suboxone-creator-said-its-pills-killed-kids-to-make-1-billion.html
theweek.com/articles/541564/how-american-opiate-epidemic-started-by-pharmaceutical-company
motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/how-big-pharma-hooked-america-on-legal-heroin
dailystormer.com/profit-from-pain-whos-behind-americas-opiate-epidemic/
killtheheroinepidemicnationwide.org/forum/forum/heroin-and-opiate-drug-addiction/heroin-news/6528-the-opioid-epidemic-is-a-symptom-of-toxic-greed
breitbart.com/big-government/2015/10/03/doj-mexican-cartel-used-middle-eastern-honor-system-launder-u-s-currency/
newsweek.com/how-halt-afghan-drug-trade-follow-money-315631
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_transnational_anti-crime_and_anti-drug_activities#The_nexus_between_the_drug_industry_and_hawala
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran–Contra_affair
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

H got cheaper and easier than pills. Ergo, junkies wind up turning to H.

Turns out H is a really effective way to ruin your life. It happened to a least a few kids I know of from my mostly white quiet small town, so probably it happened to a lot more of them I never heard about.

>from my mostly white quiet small town

yes, this seems to be the trend

>what's going on?

Subhuman whites can't into personal responsibility nor moderation, no one forced them to take drugs.

Subhumans gonna subhuman I guess

Right, so what you have to do is ask yourself about the distribution networks. Pop quiz: what demographic do you think is probably being the conveyor belt?

Now, it's understandable in a small quiet town that kids are going to be really bored and turn to drinking and smoking dope and whatever else to pass the time. However, even during the period where crack and coke were around, most people would snort some lines or maybe get a crack rock once in a blue moon just for shits and giggles. But whom did you go to to get a crack rock? The guy who was messed up enough to be an addict and venture into a nigger crack den to get it.

So I regard this as being very much an overssupply problem.

Big pharma hands them out like candy and it feels really good taking them

The more I think about it the more it just seems like it's due to our society being morally bankrupt and weak.

I ruined my life because of heroin. It's a hell of a good time for awhile tho.

I was formerly addicted to Opioid pain killers.
Started taking them for pain relief. Within 6 months was taking 3-4 times my required dose daily.
Was seeing 3 different doctors and getting 3 different prescriptions filled.
Admitted what was going on to one of my doctors after I was experiencing really bad constipation and stomach ulcers, as well as stomach ulcers from taking so many pills on an empty stomach.

Was recommended and encouraged to enter rehab/detox.
Said fuck that and went white knuckle cold turkey. It sucked. Real bad for weeks.
Never taken any pain medication since, even though I'm in chronic pain every day.

It is really easy to get addicted. Even when you need to take the medication - Just don't. Not worth the risk imho.

Pain is better than addiction.

bump

Heroin takes care of itself - either the user beats the habit or they die. I don't see anything happening with it other than prices go up as the wall makes it more difficult to smuggle

This is a key component as well. When I was going to high school in said town, there was even still a bit of a healthy stigma about the fraction of kids who would smoke pot at parties and stuff.

Not like these were the horrible dregs of society, but enough that you and a handful of others would nip out into the woods to pass a joint around and then have to not act obnoxiously afterward.

I think the normalization of prescription drugs broke down a lot of social barriers about the amount of drug use that could be regarded as acceptable.

Gaving done opiates it's probably the closet thing to selling your soul that I can think of, feels amazing, but destroys your life, and once your off it, you never stop thinking about it because nothing seems better

Never ever do it

I live in Washington state. In some areas (Everett) you can't go into public bathrooms after 8 pm due to so many overdoses happening.

Source: buddy who was an EMT there

>Pain is better than addiction.
amen

>What's going on?
natural selection.

Funny enough, none of my friends have ever done heroin. Maybe I am sheltered. Worse than the opiate epidemic is actually the chronic pain epidemic. I can think of a few people I know who are on long term opiate pain medication, and it's gotten so much more ridiculous the past few years. Do you want to know the real cause of some of this opiate hype? I am not including street heroin, I am talking just about doctors in the US and their prescription rights. It is because if they have a patient go to rehab after a Vicodin or Valium prescription, they are on the book financially for the rehab, sometimes multiple visits. This can end up costing $100,000 per year for rehab. Doctors are being told numbers like (one in ten become an addict from opiates so for every opiate you prescibe be prepared to get sued 5 to 10% of the time, as not every junkie will get a lawyer)

I know more people who suicided from poor healthcare in particular severe and untreated pain (Crohn's disease in all cases, I have it too) than I know who have been to rehab or done anything illegal regarding their opiate prescription from the doctor. The level of persecution is ridiculous, makes me glad I don't currently get much pain, for me the crohns went into remission.

My mom admitted to me that she became addicted and was self-medicating with alcohol after her Rx ran out

Now she's on an anti-anxiety med and is trying to clean herself up.

I don't know how to help except try to substitute marijuana for these other substances. Kinda seems like pouring gasoline on the fire. Right now I'm just trying to be supportive and listen.

>Started taking them for pain relief.
WTF? What kind of pain requires taking opioids for 6 months?

My grandmother is doing remarkably better now that we got her unhooked from oxycodone to manage her sciatica pain. She's like actually pleasant and happy now rather than looking spooked and always counting out her pills.

I am probably very cold hearted, but i have absolutely no symptoms for addicts and junkies. In fact the heroin junkies bother me the most, since so many people (media, lawyers, etc) have been trying connect it to doctors over prescibing pain killers. I've never had a craving for opiates so perhaps I don't understand addiction. But yea all these stories I hear about Street heroin overdoses? It gets conflated with actual chronic disease patients, like me and my friends, who are at the mercy of how threatened our doctors feel by forces such as the DEA, FDA, lawyers, etc who are all telling them the street heroin epidemic is their fault. No feds, the street heroin epidemic is because of the war in Afghanistan and generations of weak and destroyed families and individual psyches too, here in America.

The wall will do very little to curb the flow of drugs, much of which enter the US through legal border crossings.

Over 95% of heroin in the US comes from Mexico and South America, not Afghanistan.

A friend of mine just passed away from an overdose. I'm fucking tired of burying friends over this shit.

>Worse than the opiate epidemic is actually the chronic pain epidemic.

this was my thinking as well. you have so many people living severely unhealthy lives ending up with "chronic pain" from being a fatass or eating like shit or never exercising who are now expecting painkillers to desensitize themselves to the natural consequences of their actions.

>I know more people who suicided from poor healthcare in particular severe and untreated pain (Crohn's disease in all cases, I have it too) than I know who have been to rehab or done anything illegal regarding their opiate prescription from the doctor.

Nicholas Taleb said something about this idea in one of his books, that in some cases going to the doctor actually increases your risk of mortality.

That is a good example, even the elderly even for skeletal problems can get off opiates and actually get a quality of life improvement. I agree that chronic pain treatment is problematic, but yea since I have literally had multiple friends suicide or try to suicide due to unmanaged pain and there was nothing subjective about their pain, the CT/MRI and colonoscooy and surgeries all show scar tissue and the causes of pain. I guess my point is that doctors aren't being helped much by the policy pushed and I would imagine there are many others like me who have a healthy fear of opiates and thus just use them for things like after a surgery, while in the hospital, etc. Even then now doctors are being stingy with medication doses because they are told everyone becomes an addict and street heroin is cheaper.

Do you know how insulting it is for doctors to now assume every patient is an eventual heroin addict? This is the kind of Jewery mindset that destroys nations. The lawyers are just as much to blame for this opiate hype, at least with regards to doctors being told they will get sued for rehab costs.

They're comfy af

It wouldn't be as much of a problem if you could buy morphine at walmart

Military gives wounded dudes morphine and icy then cuts them off without support and label any attempt to seek help "drug seeking behavior." Dudes find cheap heroin on the streets and pay their ops NCO to keep them in the loop for any upcoming pee tests.

*Oxy

>Do you know how insulting it is for doctors to now assume every patient is an eventual heroin addict?
I have a doctor in the family and he regularly has to screen out the people who are just shopping for pain pills.

But my rule of thumb is that any time you have a problem that chronically requires lawyers and the application of the legal system to resolve, you have a society that can't figure out how to get along sensibly on its own -- in other words, one that is coming undone.

How did it ruin your life? I did heroin IV for 5 years and when I got into debt I just realized I needed to quit that shit and did it.

americans get hydrocodone for pulling out their wisdom teeth, kek. in some cases even oxycodone

Whites suffer higher rates of depression

globalresearch.ca/the-spoils-of-war-afghanistan-s-multibillion-dollar-heroin-trade/91

globalresearch.ca/a-conspiracy-theory-that-became-a-conspiracy-fact-the-cia-afghanistans-poppy-fields-and-americas-growing-heroin-epidemic/5533673

washingtonsblog.com/2015/09/the-real-afghanistan-surge-is-in-heroin-production-and-tripled-opium-cultivation-since-the-us-military-arrived-un-and-us-government-documents.html

thedailybell.com/editorials/wendy-mcelroy-us-government-guilty-of-creating-heroin-addicts/

I was addicted to morphine.

Today, over a year later completely clean, I am still tempted. I still think about it on occasion. I think of that feeling. Its better than sex. The craving is lessened, but it never goes away. You'll never forget how good it was.

every day for 5 years or once in a while for 5 years?

depression doesnt exist

All I got was some tylenol with codine. I don't know how it the world I should have needed a whole bottle of it unless something had gone very wrong with the wisdom tooth job, but at least it just amounted to some spare rainy day fun pills rather than something with much addictive potential.

There is no point to white life. Your foresight will never be rewarded. You will never have kids. Or a car. Or a house, or any of the other things white society told you that you needed to be cool and significant.

And the worst wound is that we remember better times. We used to own houses and cars. Our parents had kids. Whites older than 40 remember pensions and free state education.

We want society to fall apart because only whites can build and maintain it. If we walk away, it collapses, and we can renegotiate our social contract with the blacks and browns.

Pretty much every day, with maybe 10 week long attempts to quit here and there

Is invades Afghanistan in 2001 every year after that opium production has been up
Not just in taliban areas most irradiation projects are just for show or against people not under gov control areas.

2. Surprisingly millions has been invested into afghan pharma industry what's weird is 95% make drugs that aren't consumed domestically most are shipped to India and Pakistan and sold as cheap generics.
Money for these pharma companies is coming from western parent companies and god knows where else ( I don't have resources to chase paper trails wish I did)
3. Now if we have a huge us investment into Afghanistan and a massive rise in the use of pharma opioids and heroin like there's clearly a connection same thing happened in Vietnam and to the soviets in Afghanistan in the 1970's if you invade a country you have to balance the budget somehow either thru resources like oil or well you figure it out... We know the CIA runs coke is South America you really think they're not ative in the biggest drug market in the world where they also control militarily

Hope your problems get better, buddy

This guy gets it

They hand those out like candy at doctors offices, i was at the dentist a week ago and some fucking dentist bitch gave a prescription of hydros to a guy.

Every time we have a major war, the heroin epidemic rises.
>its almost like the cia is smuggling in heroin from war zones using the military as transport
Bur our government wouldnt do that to fund black ops would they?

jesus-is-savior.com/Evils in Government/War on Drugs Scam/cia_drugs.htm

>The heroin epidemic advancing on Russia
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/8600847.stm

>NATO rejects Russian call for Afghan poppy spraying
reuters.com/article/uk-nato-russia-afghanistan-idUKTRE>62N56U20100324

aldeilis.net/english/bush-will-not-stop-afghan-opium-trade/

dol.gov/agencies/ilab/resources/reports/child-labor/afghanistan#ENREF_6

cfr.org/iran/afghanistans-role-irans-drug-problem/p11457

mintpressnews.com/global-war-terror-created-heroin-epidemic-us-afghanistan/218662/

breitbart.com/national-security/2017/02/01/afghan-heroin-eradication-drops-90-percent/

nbcnews.com/news/world/heroin-use-grows-u-s-poppy-crops-thrive-afghanistan-n388081

Seems like we need to return to the good old days of opium bars.

You want sum opium m8? Give you good price, or we'll blow your country up.

Shouldn't that result in a physical addiction to it?
>tfw can't get hooked on perscription drugs cause doctors here don't prescribe it

It doesn't for you sub 90 IQ robots

Not surprising Russia's always been a big market plus it's super close to the origin source and those guys love getting fucked up

didnt read past this post as it is the only legitimate answer. stop making excuses for this shit, if you do pills or shoot up heroin its your fault not the gubermints.

Of course. You'll get physical withdrawal after 1-4 weeks of daily use. For someone who is completely opiate naive it takes closer to 4 weeks, but if you've used in the past, quitting just a 1 week binge will be uncomfy

Oxycodone was originally advertised as a "non-addictive alternative" to many of the opiates prescribed before it's creation. Throughout the 90s and early-mid 00s doctors were giving it, among other opiates, out like tylenol. Consequently, many people got addicted. When their doctors took them off their prescription for one reason or another people started going to the streets to get them.

The street price for prescription opiates like oxycodone can be as high as $1/mg depending on supply and demand. That's a lot. The high prices of pills eventually drive many people to go for the comparatively much cheaper heroin, which just ends up fueling addiction even more.

Drugs are just a part of human culture. There's evidence dating back thousands of years of humans getting fucked up on one thing or another. I don't see that changing any time in the near future.

Kill yourself syrup nigger

Lmao Americans are so fucked up

Fat shit stained heroin using burguer eating no bidet dick mutilated fucks

Not anymore. Now there's a wigger house on every street capable of getting it themselves. Shits crazy easy to make compared to something like growing weed if the chemicals are available

>I don't see that changing any time in the near future.

Yep. If we could solve the drug problem we would have solved the self-abuse problem which means we would all be living perfectly moral lives.

It's mostly depressed females, child rape victims who turn to heroin to cope, and the guys who want to fuck them (by being the provider).
Seen it countless times.

disease patients who get better retain their desire for opiates.

thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/10/05/suboxone-creator-said-its-pills-killed-kids-to-make-1-billion.html

theweek.com/articles/541564/how-american-opiate-epidemic-started-by-pharmaceutical-company

motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/how-big-pharma-hooked-america-on-legal-heroin

dailystormer.com/profit-from-pain-whos-behind-americas-opiate-epidemic/

killtheheroinepidemicnationwide.org/forum/forum/heroin-and-opiate-drug-addiction/heroin-news/6528-the-opioid-epidemic-is-a-symptom-of-toxic-greed

The VA tried to give me opioids once, I really hated the feeling and dump the rest in the trash. I'd rather live with the pain then feel like a piece of shit.

Not just that, people that are prescribed it, develop a physical dependence and a doctor not following the guidelines on how to ween someone off of the drug, they suddenly stop dispensing, so the patient turns to illicit use because withdrawals aren't pleasant. Not common but it's one of them.

I don't understand the obsession with heroin anyway, I've done it a couple of times (black tar heroin) and prescription opiates and the high isn't worth the nasty withdrawals. Give me benzo's anytime, now those I can understand people getting hooked on.

>mfw was addicted to Zopiclone and Lorazepam

is your pic supposed to imply that the moab strike was actually targeting poppy fields?

Had kidney stones and was in a lot of pain. Doc gave Oxi pills, much more than I actually needed. Started to get addicted after I kept taking them after the stones passed.

Realization hit that I was addicted and switched to hard liquor to ease the withdrawal. Swapped one drug for another.

Now trying to get sober.

this is probably the first time the US has engaged ISIS militia in afghanistan, obviously they were protecting the poppy fields there. The MOAB collapsed the CIA funded underground tunnel killing about 100 ISIS militia. Maybe even more

Nope. I view opiates as disgusting and they suprress my appetite and cause nausea, two things I already have on a daily basis. Actually as someone with a chronic disease which almost killed me once already (septic shock) I am much more likely to go to the ER if I am in pain before taking ANYTHING even Tylenol or Ibuprofen. If you have ever had a GI bleed, stomach ulcer, perforation, or crohns/colitis, you would understand that abdominal pain

As for craving of opiates, funny enough the only one I miss is Tramadol because it has some kind of NMDA and serotonin levels function and it has a very clear effect on improving mood. It's still dangerous for many reasons opiates are, altho technically it's an opioid and synthetic. Anyway my fondness for tramadol is more cerebral and less endorphin, altho I am sure it is both. It's the only medication I've ever taken that really works for depression (at a low dose). People who misuse medications might as well go get HIV too, I have no respect for heroin junkies. Maybe that is why I think of it as a last resort.

>wake up in america
>get addicted to your medicine that cost you 800 dollars per dosage and still pay 1100 dollars per month to obama/trump care

I wish I could get some. I liked to use the pills on the weekend instead of drinking. Feels better and calorie free.

It's a multifaceted problem but it boils down to:

>CIA took over afghan poppy fields and increased production
>They use heroin money to fund black-box operations
>middle class america is dying and people are depressed
>depressed people find solace in feel-good addictive opiates
>nothing to live for so why not do these peelz
>peelz expensive, switch to cheap CIA heroin

Not so long ago they were passing out percocets, codeine and oxys every time you went to the doctor and complained about pain.

You buy buy acetaminophen with codeine from the back counter of your pharmacy, as much as you wanted. Tons of people got hooked, myself included.

I kicked that codeine about 10 years ago and have had doctors try to push it on my 3 times since, even after I explained that I was addicted to it.

Taper down and kick that shit. It will steal your soul.

>Fun fact: Certain individuals are likely to experience ototoxicity with opiates.

I took codeine for back pain, and it worked a fucking treat; great stuff.

But...after a couple of years, my ears started to ring, and apparently, for some people, opiates can cause deafness, sometimes instant, complete hearing loss.

Sacared me at the time, so now I just live with the pain - There isn't a day goes by though that I dont think about the blessed joyous release from pain that codeine brought.

You enjoying those 8000 migrants that just came to Italy in the past few days?

I used to ship your nurofen plus's here online. Biggest bang for the buck when it came to codeine. At my peak, I was choking down up to 40 of them a day.

Chronic skeletal arthritic pain in most of my body's joints. Caused by an auto-immune disorder that affects the ligaments, cartilage, bone cells and fluids in the joints.

When my condition first started the pain, swelling and discomfort was unbelievable. Sudden onset in my early 30's. Almost out of the blue. Regular over the counter pain medications do literally nothing.

They didn't prescribe me opioids for the first 3-4 months of my initial treatment. Once I did start on Opioids and very strong anti - inflammatory drugs I showed immediate signs of pain reduction/ improvement in activity. The doctors seemed to take on a "any improvement is a win" type of attitude and wrote me prescriptions like blank cheques.

Eventually through counseling and will - power I've learnt to simply tune out the majority of the pain. When you're in pain 24/7, you do just get used to it. I honestly have no choice but to just deal with it and get on with it.

If you've never experienced chronic, every second of every day, can't sleep uninterrupted for more than a couple of hours in row, at times teeth - clenching, wanting to scream out, involuntary grunts and sharp exhalations of breath from simple movements, constant fucking pain... coupled with intermittent chronic fatigue and your entire former life (career, relationships and finances) deteriorating rapidly around you...
Well. Honestly. You've got no fucking idea boy. To you it's a concept. An idea. An imagined interpretation. To many people out there. It's our ever present, constant, unending reality. You want an idea of what I feel like all the time? Run 5 miles, do a days work of heavy labor and then have someone hit you in the knees, hands, feet and lower back with a brick.

breitbart.com/big-government/2015/10/03/doj-mexican-cartel-used-middle-eastern-honor-system-launder-u-s-currency/

newsweek.com/how-halt-afghan-drug-trade-follow-money-315631

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_transnational_anti-crime_and_anti-drug_activities#The_nexus_between_the_drug_industry_and_hawala

>Informal money transfer systems to support clandestine activity, including terrorism, drug trade, and intelligence collection

>The intelligence community and the United States Department of the Treasury attempt to control hawala used to finance terrorism.

>There are claims and counterclaims that the US may have used groups involved in drug smuggling in an effort to destabilize Iran.

It would be a shame if someone took advantage of this situation for off-the-record funding of illegal activities. Good thing there's no historical precedent for that happening.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran–Contra_affair

>codeine
>blessed joyous release

A million times this. I had not one but two discs slip in my back a few months ago. Caused pain which was sometimes unbearable. Doctor offere me pain medication. I'm an AA fag,a nd I know that shit would take me down a road I didn't want to go down. I said "No thanks". The pain sucked, but it motivated me to actually get my ass off the couch and do somethign about it. I've dropped 20 pounds (could still stand to lose another 30... that's the goal anyway) and have been stretching religiously and strengthening my core, and the problem seems to be working itself out. Real pain is a hell of a motivator.

Doctors threw drugs at patients and got them hooked. It's their own damn fault, though. Addiction is a choice, not a disease.

I got caught up in some shit and got felony charges.

I've known multiple people that have fallen prey to the opioid crisis. Very sad.

Only time I get opiates is whenever I have to go to the hospital or dentist. Speaking of though, I'd fucking love some oxys right now. Oxys are the shit.

They really do, it's a joke. When I got my wisdom teeth out they gave me enough percocet to last like three weeks. The pain stopped after a day.

That must have been a fun 3 weeks. I once with to the dentist for an abscessed caused by a bad filling and they gave me 15 10mg percs. Nodded a good 3 days straight.

White Americans know, consciously or otherwise, that their future is doomed. So they turn to heroin, like commieslavs turned to vodka.

You're a working man's Nietzsche.

good on you, user. im sure many could be inspired by your integrity.

I sold em.

I did that the first time to pay for the antibiotics and percs. But when the filling needed to be replaced/redone, I just ate them.

Should have swallowed them m8, they make you feel so fucking good.

You're such a stupid fucking bootlicker.
Most of the problems commonly associated with heroin would vanish with legalization and regulation. Fucking idiot.

A wall would free border patrol resources to inspect more trucks, so that maybe instead of 45% of cargo making it through, only 20% make it through. THat can make a big difference.. but then again, I don't expect the wall to be fully built

I had a poo urgent care doctor try to prescribe me percs and antidepressants (forget which one) during a five minute visit. I went for an ear infection. The main was meh, codeine would have sufficed. Never even met the man before. The antidepressants were because he noticed I bite my nails.

>main
pain*

There isn't an alternative.

>bite your nails
>here's an antidepressant
Wtf? He's an urgent care doctor, not a psychiatrist.

Opioid use for pain taken longer than about 2 weeks actually makes pain worse and creates a dependency. Heroin is ironically easier to get for opioid addicts once a doctor cuts them off. So doctors get patients hooked, and the street supplies them when their Rxs run out.

This is a severe health crisis, and death rates are doubling and tripling in some places.

I never understood the addiction to morphine. I got it all the time while i was in the hospital. Granted doctors regulated my doses so I never had had really high doses. But it just felt like a pain reliever. Just like a slightly stronger ibuprofen or Tylenol

>someone who has never been addicted to heroin
Heroin is in practice legal where I live, I mean you can get busted, but police never go after buyers. Criminalisation does make it expensive and thus unsustainable, but being addicted to heroin is fucking shit no matter the price.

You won't give two shits about getting somewhere in life, you wouldn't trade 0.1g of dope for sex (no matter the price), because opiates absolutely kills your sex drive and test-production.

You won't give a shit about love and companionship either because you already have that from heroin.

You won't feel the need to work out because if you're high all the time you already feel 100% content with life.