Homeschooling

What is Sup Forums's experience with home schooling?

Anyone been homeschooled?

Any parents currently homeschooling or have homeschooled in the past?

We all know that public schools are terrible but is homeschooling any better?

Was homeschooled up until highschool

It's pretty great
You go at your own pace and are given opportunities to learn what you want
And a lot of communities have homeschool groups so you aren't losing out on socializing
When I got into highschool I tested higher in about every subject

And of course it goes without saying that I was spared a (((public education)))

I went to public school. I wasn't bullied or anything, but hated it all the same. I always felt too mature compared to the other kids in my classes (AP and advanced mostly). I hated the childish nature of social interactions. I'm in my final year of uni now; it's sad how similar uni is to high school. I hate it too and am eager to get my diploma and leave.

Why did you go to conventional HS?

Sex with the teacher is the best

My parents figured it'd be easier for me to get into a better college if I went to HS
It was a private Christian highschool so still a step up from public schooling

My mom pulled me out of school because of some dispute she had with a teacher at a PTO meeting. I was home schooled for grades 3 and 4 because my mom wanted to prove to herself that getting an education degree wasn't pointless. She spent a bunch of money buying too many books, and sucked as a teacher. For two years I had no schedule and learned very little. When I finally returned to school I was behind the curve.

Its probably good but you have to throw in some sort of physical and social element in with it, at least every other day. Homeschooling can be a lot of isolation. Public school is getting just unacceptable though, too many traps to fall into that degrade the educational experience.

There are a lot of social programs for homeschoolers
My homeschool group took several trips
We even went to cape Kennedy

Homeschooling needs to include a mandatory English component.

It makes children that are unable to have regular interractions with human being.

I'm 100% against it.

That being said i live in a country where the public education is good, at least better than in the US

into farting sounds for 5 minutes would educate you further than 12 years in public schooling.

Yeah, even the small-ish town that I'm from there are "homeshool clubs" that meet at the rec centre every other day for social interaction and physical activity.

You're out of your element frog
There's entire communities you can have your children interact with
If the children are getting jilted on socializing
It's the parent's fault

Really because I could say the same thing about public schooled kids. They tend to lack conversational skills from my experience and are generally retarded in everything else too.

Yup
Mine met at a church
We even had permission to grow veggies there for 4H

What are you talking about? I was never homeschooled yet I hated having to interract with anyone.
I was always that "creepy weird guy" with 0 friends.
Still am.

Public schools are essential for certain social skills. All you have to do is supplement public education with your own education. Help you kids do their school work. Expand on ideas they studied that day. Raising kids takes work.

Homeschooled till collage. My parents taught me to think for myself and I had a couminty of friends. It's the only place I ever saw bible bangers and tinfoil hippies get along and agree about politics. It's pretty surreal to hear them agree, even if it was on vaccines and chemtrails

Funny thing is since I thought for myself I ended up not being a leftist like my entire family. So my parents think they failed me, by teaching me to think and learn from history.

I'd rate it 10/10

IDK about you but after 8 hours of mind numbing "learning" in public school, the last thing I wanted to do when I got home was to learn other things.

One of the most brilliant young men I've ever encountered was entirely homeschooled. He completed the high school curriculum in Texas by age 15, and was working on a Masters at Duke at age 20, when I met him. He only supported homeschooling for children under the circumsance that the parents have an excellent general education. Sadly, unless you're extremely well educated in a myriad of subjects (such as a physician or a lawyer might be) you're probably better of deferring some of the responsibility of educating your child to teachers. If you have the means to do it, put your kids into a private school and provide them with supplentary education at home.

it's god awful but it's better than public school.

OH MY QUAD-DUBS.

Homeschool is infinitely better than public school, no matter how bad the parents are. Teachers will ALWAYS be worse.

SHIEEEEEEEEEEEED

I think this is the typical homeschooling experience desu

I know some Bible bangers that raised all 3 of their kids through homeschooling. Some crazy middle aged Polish lady and not so crazy Italian dude that always talk about the governments shenanigans and her 'Christian Science' she gets from some magazine.
All of her kids are legit big mouthed autist that like legos and shitty create your own world kind of things. They're not particularly bad people just very arrogant about their Christian Household/belief system.

Look at all these leftist countries that try to criminalize parents that homeschool.

Homeschooling is the only answer.

My cousins are being homeschooled and they are incredibly smart.

Choice

I was homeschooled untill college, and it was fucking awesome. I got better grades than the public schools, and I was able to go at my own pace and learn basicly what I wanted to learn. Whenever I'd talk to kids in public schools, I would always cringe at how cucked they were. I'm so fucking thankful that I never even stepped inside of a (((public school))) once.