A food tech startup that has raised $118 million in venture capital — including from some of the most prominent...

>A food tech startup that has raised $118 million in venture capital — including from some of the most prominent investors in Silicon Valley — is facing questions over its flagship gadget.

>Juicero charges $400 for a machine that presses juice from its proprietary juice bags and that requires a smartphone app. The problem? Users may be able to squeeze the bags for free using their own bare hands.

www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/news/2017/04/19/juicero-juicer-machine-use-hands-vc-funding.html

>Doug Evans, the company’s founder, would compare himself with Steve Jobs in his pursuit of juicing perfection. He declared that his juice press wields four tons of force—“enough to lift two Teslas,” he said. Google’s venture capital arm and other backers poured about $120 million into the startup. Juicero sells the machine for $400, plus the cost of individual juice packs delivered weekly. Tech blogs have dubbed it a “Keurig for juice.”
bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-04-19/silicon-valley-s-400-juicer-may-be-feeling-the-squeeze
youtu.be/5lutHF5HhVA

Interview with founder Doug Evans:
sonima.com/meditation/mindful-living/doug-evans/

Instructions:
youtu.be/-i0UugILBJg

>Also it costs you $5-8 per packet for about 200ml of juice, it has DRM so you have to use each packet within the week and make sure you mail back the used packets

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-i0UugILBJg
youtu.be/5wBTdfAkqGU
youtube.com/watch?v=qczImf93M_E
youtu.be/viejY6UZ5Bk
medium.com/@Juicero/a-note-from-juiceros-new-ceo-cb23a1462b03
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>>>Also it costs you $5-8 per packet for about 200ml of juice, it has DRM so you have to use each packet within the week and make sure you mail back the used packets
And you have to rinse out the bag before you send it back. Check the instructional video
youtu.be/-i0UugILBJg it's fucking hilarious.

Can someone edit these three images together

>Each bag have a QR code, which is necessary for the Juicero juicer to work. Juicero wanted to learn from mistakes Keurig has made, and one problem Keurig has said that other companies are making pods for its coffee maker and stealing profits. Juicero's QR codes prevent any other companies from making Juicero-like juice bags for its machine. The machine won't work if it doesn't recognize the product it scans.

Consumers and investors these days are idiots and buy literally anything when it's looks fancy enough and has a app

That guy is walking nazi propaganda about kikes

what is the point of such a machine

Looks pretty high tech, what's the markup on these, 5000000000000000% ?

>Doug (((Evans)))

if this guys isn't a crypto-jew than nobody is

This, who the fuck would buy this shit in the first place?

Consumerism utopia is beautiful, isn't it?

Lol. It will fail. Its a fucking scam and an obvious one.

Democrats, duh.
Who else buys this shit?
Middle America isn't retarded enough to buy it.

Democrats are composed of
>the 1% richest people on the planet
>nignogs who try to be cool and progressive
So guess who buys it.

The only technology involved is what prevents you using someone else fruit. Its literally nothing.

GAS THE JUICE
FRUIT WAR NOW!

Literally watch Jude Suss. This is literally the plot of Jude Suss. The Jew does not invent or help. The Jew seeks non-military conquest and extragovernmental taxation. In Jude Suss, the Jew wins a custodial concession for a network of already existing roads. He uses that to impose a tax scheme, ostensibly for the upkeep of the roads, and to control movement and infringe on property.

They raised $118 million dollars, they will fail all the way to the bank

>DRM on bags

Only liberals are detached enough from reality to buy something like this.

It has been going strong for the past couple of years , until news reports of the superiority of hands to the juicero surfaced yesterday

>“enough to lift two Teslas,”
This is how these people think, constant ebin inventor memes.
>I'll invent a ridiculous juicing machine and become the next Henry Ford of juice, the mike Tyson of free market capitalism.

Nice try doug

Couldn't I just... buy juice?

Its aimed at people that are too rich to hand squeeze anything. You are judging this with your middle class eyes.

Its a toy.

This is how the globohomo elite see technology. They don't think of it in terms of freedom and accomplishment. They are only aware of it in terms of controlling people and permanently abolishing freedoms that had always been taken for granted up to that point. These are the people who take for granted that DVDs need to have regions.

wow thats a huge insult to the diverse team of professionals who created Juicero you racist

Cutaway

How would people know how much you spent if that juicer isnt sitting in your kitchen?

I don't understand, why do you need to squeeze juice from a bag? Why not just buy the juice in a carton and pour it out into a glass? If it's about drinking fresh juice then why not just use one of those old juicing machines where you put fresh fruit in the top and it crushes/juices it out the bottom?

>capitalism...it just werks

The entire state of California is mentally retarded.

>California solutions

I coined that term here in Hong Kong and a lot of people know what it means nowadays. It means something stupid and retarded for no good reason.

youtu.be/5wBTdfAkqGU

That's too much of an hassle if the juice isn't extraordinary. I think washing the bags makes it a chore, they should just have antibacterial capsules you can place in the return box. Or make them biodegradable so you can just chuck em.

>Also it costs you $5-8 per packet for about 200ml of juice, it has DRM so you have to use each packet within the week and make sure you mail back the used packets

That might be the stupidest shit I've heard all year.

The benefit of Juicero is that you get a bag full of random juice plus fruit chunks that are waste products from other fruit companies and are cheap.

>Tech blogs have dubbed it a “Keurig for juice.”
So "tech blogs" are the same as "comics journalism" now where they just relentlessly shill whatever they're paid to shill instead of actually reviewing things.

>comments are disabled for this video.

I dont think we will need to wait for civilization to collapse. I think we will be killing and eating the people that buy this juicer when everything is still perfectly fine.

It's like pirating shit, if you try to stop it people will find a way around it and you'll look like an asshole. Bad PR.
You get a shitload of pulp and it's a big mess because you have to clean and throw the excess away. Everything is sticky and it's annoying. This product is actually not bad, but it's way too expensive when people can just squeeze the bags.

>It has been going strong for the past couple of years
Constantly soliciting new venture capital isn't "going strong."

Kek, what a Jewish way to reinvent the wheel
>looks at pic
>tfw

wew

How diverse? Were both Sephardic and Ashkenazic jews behind this kikery?

and they gave this fag 100 million dollars for something that was obviously not going to pan out. when you see things like this you assume there must be some kind of high level con at work.

>uses whiteys inventions to scam funds, investors and customer out of money
>literally zero contribution to humanity
>le jewish high le iq le inventions xD!!!
>le success le breads le jelllicy xD!!!

Juice is bad for you wtf.
Completely removes the pulp/fiber which makes is so the sugar is absorbed way quicker.
>shill-and-con valley

If you couldn't just squeeze the bags, why not just cut it open with a knife?

I think that's the problem, I'd understand if like the bags were full of normal fruit and the press was pressing the fruit inside to get juice, but it's not. That's what makes this manipulative. It's a perfect example of using a black-box system design in order to trick consumers by having their mind fill in the blanks.

Then design a better machine that filters out the pulp FFS. The people that buy this sort of shit are retards that want to eat/drink fresh food, but then buy plastics bags with cut up pieces of fruit that have been refrigerated for who knows how long. Just buy the fresh fruit yourself and use a fucking juicer.

>You get a shitload of pulp and it's a big mess because you have to clean and throw the excess away. Everything is sticky and it's annoying. This product is actually not bad, but it's way too expensive when people can just squeeze the bags.
You still have to clean and throw the excess away with this machine, and on top of that you have to mail back the old packets.

>This product is actually not bad, but it's way too expensive when people can just squeeze the bags.
It is, who cares about a $400 machine if it does its job well. Paying $5-$8 for a 200ml of juice on the otherhand is what is so jewish.

I just bought a gallon of apple cider for $4, what now?

There is pulp in the pack.
Its not just a juice box

Wow, now THATS a merchant.

>raise 118 million with fake tech
>have to mail back used packets
>machine that presses juice is literally wi-fi connected
who buys this shit?
wtf

obviously not all scams fail, but jesus, they really didn't even think to test and squeeze that shit out by hand? fucking ridiculous, especially the amount of money involved in this shit

What

Juicero? More like Jew-cero amirite?

one thread was enough, sage

Strong enough to make the scam artist, I mean founder a wealthy man

Nah, it had bits of vegetables and fruits inside the bag. I'm guessing they are softened so that's why hand squeezing is the same shit as pressing it with the machine. I think the development team fucked up and made it unnecessarily strong and expensive.

Haha oh man. Real funny!
Jewcero lmaoo, Ill have to tell my friends. To whom should I credit this nugget of comedy gold?

Some marketing and goys will buy that shit up

I literally looked two videos away from the Juicero demonstration video and found something better.

youtube.com/watch?v=qczImf93M_E

>Only buying disposable bags
>Use your own fruit
>No DRM

Literally the only thing that's special about the Juicero is that they added DRM. Jew business at its finest.

>paying $400 for a machine to squeeze juice out of a bag for you

What the fuck? I get some people like juice freshly squeezed from fruit, but from a bag? Why not just buy it from the supermarket?

It isnt particularly strong, it is made out of thin sheet metal. My Kitchaid mixer on the otherhand is like 1/4" cast aluminum and still runs great 45 years after it was made.

Top kek, reminds me of this Simpsons episode

youtu.be/viejY6UZ5Bk

Why are companies allowed to tell the end user what to do with their product? Why should they be able to dictate what type of packets you use in their juicing machine? How is this supportive of a "free market" at all?

I ask this as a pretty liberal person who hates corporations.

>evans

The same people who would pay 400k for a (((luxury))) condo in my college city when houses cost around 250k

>who buys this shit?

The people who buy Alexa, and those amazon buttons.

I have no fucking idea what this shit supposed to be any why I need a smartphonee to get some grape drank. why the fuck is this kike in the position hes in probably making more money than all posters in here combined?

(((Jewcero)))

Why do people not just eat their fruit and drink water?

>Enough to lift two teslas
that's my favourite part, everything has to revolve around their idols

To make money. Dumb Americans will buy anything if you create hype large enough. Note how the words "Steve Jobs" and "Teslas" were used.

God that is horribly overdesigned.

A coffee pot moves water with no moving parts. Get on their level.

You're right. You know what these idiots should have done is just made a cold press machine with refillable bags without any Jew marketing. I'd imagine restaurants would definitely buy it, especially larger version. Shit I would buy it if the bags were refillable and if it was marked down 250$ bucks.

>$5-8 per 200ml of juice
>have to accept package from post
>have to send it back
>have to buy $400 press
>have to do all theat shitty DRM shit
>wait for press
>its not even fresh on arrival
>its not even close to fresh after a week

vs

>mailorder bottle of fresh juice to your home for $2-3 per liter
>have to accept package from post
>as fresh as it can be on arrival
>already ready to drink

>So she doesnt waste the hard-earned money she spent on them. I bet Jews laugh themselves to sleep.

>QR code on the inside

Is this guy just an autist who's fascinated by QRs?

>Juicero is offering all of its customers the option to return their juicer for a full refund within the next 30 days, even if they bought it as far back as when the product launched a year ago.

JUST

its good torture device that can also make juice

Business ideas, and surprisingly well-funded ones appear to be getting ever more stupid and vacuous.

Can almost guarantee the next billion dollar startup will be something along the lines of:

"PHOTO APP that blah blah blah SHARE blah SOCIAL MEDIA blah INSTANT blah blah THE CLOUD blah blah blah FRIENDS."

If this is the kind of crap that people with millions and billions are investing in... It's all so predatory, like trying to horn in on someone else's racket under the pretense of providing value while simply being another middle man.

Telsa cars are the same way with electricity.

I think that liberals think that if you act busy enough you somehow save energy.

yes, stupid, because steam rises

Very much on point, mein Führer!

people on that side of the country truly are retarded, I hope they get nuked by NK just based on this juicer, I hope non of the red counties are harmed.

Oy vei, the goyim are supposed to be using the app!!!!

HELL YEAH

FUCK YOU, SAN FRANCISCO

Just get a €100 juicer and blitz it a bit less. Then you get nice pulpy juice. Cleaning these things is less complicated than cleaning a juicero bag. You dont have to post anything wtf!

>like trying to horn in

hone*, dunno if you're a phoneposter but I feel obligated

That's not how it works at all, you idiot.

Also, steam doesn't rise. It convects, moron.

Capitalism .. Fueling grand visionaries that propel humanity forward to new heights...

/s

That's nothing, this fine lady scammed silicon valley out of billions.

but horn in is correct

medium.com/@Juicero/a-note-from-juiceros-new-ceo-cb23a1462b03
>The first closed loop food safety system that allows us to remotely disable Produce Packs if there is, for example, a spinach recall. In these scenarios, we’re able to protect our consumers in real-time.

> $400 "Juicer" extracts "juice" from "proprietary juice bags"
teh fux?
is this like the morons who buy a k-cup "coffee maker" that merely re-hydrates fucking INSTANT COFFEE at 50x the price of real coffee?

cucks gonna get cucked, cant rescue a faggot from cocks, OP is a faggot, etc...

Me. I told it to him. Pls gib Sup Forums gold.

Seriously though. There is no way in hell any goy in this planet gathers 120m investment for this blatant scammy shit. But it's a fucking conspiracy theory and people need to find a explanation for this weird phenomenon! The world has gone collectively insane.

LOL what a bunch of useless shit.

Ok, I think I see what the original idea was but obviously it went horribly wrong at some point.

This is a very compact screw-driven press, which can do a very good job at juicing things. The problem is the packs.

I bet you the original device had packs you could load with your own (PLANT_MATERIAL_NAME), because it simplifies any kind of cleaning. Somewhere in the development cycle, (((Someone))) decided they couldn't sell the device in enough numbers at the price they chose, so they went with the DRM juice packs.

TL;DR - The machine is fine, just an (((idiot))) decided they couldn't sell it for what it actually costs and tried to make up for it with DRM.

>it's a press that squeezes a bag of juice into a cup
why the fuck do you need the press
what does the press do
it's just a $400 capri sun pouch opener

>is this like the morons who buy a k-cup "coffee maker" that merely re-hydrates fucking INSTANT COFFEE at 50x the price of real coffee?
Corporations are fond of these machines, last two places I worked at had them.