How old were you when you realized that religion is for stupid people?

How old were you when you realized that religion is for stupid people?

I felt like that for two years and found my way back to God

When I was 13, then I grew out of my atheist phase.

If the suns that low to the ground the sky shouldn't be blue.

0/10

I too, grew up and started worshipping Aten

The older I get and the more I learn, the more I believe in Jesus.

TIP TIP TIP

Indoctrination will do that.

Christians: 0
Atheists: 0
Leafs: 1

Religion is literally mental sickness. Culture and heritage does not need delusion to work.

fuckin' excellent!

now ask me how old I was when I realized I was wrong faggot

sage for fedora slide thread

3 edge 5 me.

Same, but i did not go back to the same beliefs, my God is Voltaire's God. And a bit of Espinoza's, he's an ex-jew so he's fine.

this. also i never touted atheism like a fucking faggot

religion is a necessity of a moral society

I believe there is a "Creator" or a "Source", and I definitely know there is life after death, but I believe all religion is man-made and doesn't correlate at all to what actually happens after we die.

i see it more as a necessary bridge between living in caves and playing on our iphones

Rejecting indoctrination will do that

What do you lose by believing in God?
So you'd risk burning in Hell, just because I makes you feel smarter than those "damn christian assholes"?

>History of science

>your social better tells you how the world is
>you obey
>the end

>muh pascals wager

How do you know youre worshipping the right god? or even in the right way? You are risking etetnal damnation right now by not accepting Muhammad as the last real prophet.

how high is this risk? is it 50/50?

It's not for stupid people.

When i was at my dad's funeral clutching my cell phone with the chemical contents of the human body, i found that it offered me no solace. But when i looked at everyone who believed he still existed in heaven, i felt envy towards them. I too wished i could believe i would see my dad again.

I don't think there's anything stupid about that desire.

>risk
by believing in your god, you're assured 100% chance of burning in the abyss while I bask in the glory of valhalla

Believing yields a 50% chance of nothing and 50% of heaven.

Not believing is 50% nothing and 50% hell.

Humans need to believe in something greater than themselves.

Post-Modernism exists because god is culturally dead. That's all Nietzsche was trying to say.

Religion is the death of intelligence. Fuck off.

7 maybe...

14. Then I grew up. Can someone bombard this fag with fedora memes?

Is that why most atheists believe in anti-science like warp drives?

Is that why they believe we live in a computer simulation?

Not quite correct
Certain religions would punish you for believing in a false religion but not for having no religion at all

>14 y/o super edgy atheist phase started
>now still an atheist but I'm not trying to get reaction out of le stoopid christians or "debate" them

>t. Low IQ runt
"The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will make you an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you." -Heisenberg

>God, an omniscient and all powerful being can't tell that you're using him like an insurance policy

You forgot that you can conduct tests to prove what you are told is correct.

Go do a test to prove that God exists and show us the results.

>Religion is the death of intelligence

you dumb ass frog. if your country was christian, it wouldnt be filled to the brim with muslims

I've never said such things like God didn't exist. Religions have nothing to do with him and they are ideological virus that need to be exterminated.

Not an argument.

Cool table, saved.

>muh lack of digits
Behold unbeliever

>wanting to be so stupid and indoctrinated that you -literally- reject an observable fact of reality

Religious people are all strikingly immature at heart. They can't cope with the reality of the world or the ramifications of their own actions, and so need to believe in some contrived magical sky man that will pat them on the back and tell them it's all okay so that they can sleep at night.

Kek has forsaken me

spirituality is healthy.

atheists are all depressed faggots.

You think you have no beliefs that wouldn't fail that test? Horseshit.

religion is for your ditzy mom to make friends with other ditzy good willed moms that wake up at 5 am to cook for their husband before he leaves for work. Not everyone can be smart user, why do you want to deny our mothers happiness? The only alternative is going full blown retard SJW looking for conflicts because there's nothing in their life; religion gives them that something so they don't need to look for conflict as is human nature for the imbeciles.

You can be stupid with or without religion.
The wise use it as a tool.

But religiosity is the norm for Man. How could it be the "death" of something if both of those things have always been around?

Was there no intelligence until there was Atheismâ„¢?

Glad to see a rise of atheism on Sup Forums

I'd like to see a secular right wing community, because I have the fucking atheist + faglords.

I respect that some people need religion to cope with tragedies that occur in their life or around them. Some people are so mentally fragile that they need to pray to some magical thing in the sky to make their lives less stressful.

It brings most of them happiness, and I'm ok with that.

For me, I was an edgy atheist teen. When I grew up, say 20 years old, I just stopped caring.

The existence or lack thereof of a greater being stopped mattering to me. It was irrelevant in my daily activities. So I don't believe in a god because I just don't care about whether or not it's real.

I grew up into a traditionalist pagan

So this is what you do with your one single existence? Yell at people online over pointless issues? Let me guess, you believe that space travel will save us from all our problems?

source: something your pastor said

>This fine specimen of Christianity believes that science is a dogma
You can't make this shit up

Do you think we still believe the Earth is flat and that the Sun orbits us?

praise kek

Atheism became a horrible thing when it became a religion.

Underrated

>i was destinied to go to hell by god

why?

I didn't believe in Christ when I was younger, but the more I learned, the more it made sense that with God, ANYTHING is possible!

You're thinking of reality tv

Pic should be continued with
>Football

If you draw your morals from religion (let's say Christianity for arguments sake), then you must agree and adhere to every single word in the Bible. If you don't then what that implies is that you are capable of cherrypicking parts of the Bible you agree with, and ignoring the parts you don't agree with. If you do this, then you clearly get your morals from somewhere that isn't the Bible. Because of you did, surely you'd agree with everything in the Bible, because as far as you're concerned; everything in the Bible is moral.

I think its the idea that fundamentalists have to ignore science for the word of God.

Islam is not that stupid, no matter how many times is claimed here as the ultimate garbage, If we would seek for the revelation most close to God, that would be Islam.

We should understand, that while pagan religion seek for basic understanding of the world, Christianity seek for cleansing of a evil and pervert conscience (and this is why is so popular)....Islam is looking for justice.

And this is why is so hated, especially in western societies, where religion is just a way to keep alive, dead inside.

Space travel won't save us from anything, and neither will prayer, neanderthal-tier religious dogma, or being a smug I-Just-Got-Out-Of-Sunday-School 17 year old white girl on a cantonese rug weaving message board.

Space travel WILL give us a chance to learn from our mistakes and start anew on a different planet. A planet that we won't fuck up and murder each other on because we believe in different Magical Skymen.

Sounds like the more you wrecked your pathetic life the more you needed to believe that someone loves you and everything is going to be ok.

Atheism doesn't kill.

Those are far more effective than evidence for your dumb beliefs.

Can't remember, a long time ago

However I keep my beliefs to myself just as I wish everyone else would. Religion or lack of it should be a private matter

"Delusion" is representation of million years humanity development. You can't throw it out because some Jews was way to free with they texts.

Fuck off

What do you mean by this?

Ants have no god yet they seem to get on fine without killing each other.

Because the sun is fueled by the blood of innocents.

It did under communist regimes

we truly are in the best reality

10 or 11
then again at 59

16 when I was an edgy fucktard like you. Then I realized most of science is just guessing using previous guesses as data. There is more to this universe than can be observed. You are not Him, never will be like Him and can never understand Him. Even if we live in a matrix as our ancestors alluded to, He is still God Almighty.

around 14

religion is fucking retarded. its so incomprehensible that adults ACTUALLY believe that shit

>from the sky
This is why atheists are autistic. They can not even comprehend the idea of something that is greater than perceivable reality. So their autism makes them think that people are talking about the sky or space or whatever else.

Literally ZERO imagination. They're barely even human. More like animals.

>Portugal
Pic related, kek

>1 post by this ID
saged

The lumières are the main culprits of all the degeneracy affecting the West today. It all started with them, and their desire to end oppression and make (((self-determination))) a reality.

>French
>Forgetting the French Revolution

sometime in my early 20s, when the logic started to really settle in.

pic related was the straw that broke the camels back for me
but I had been learning about psychopathy for years and it became increasingly obvious that religion exhibited psychopathic traits

so Commies never killed anyone? Atheist ideologies are as irrationalistic and violent as theist ideologies because human nature itself is irrationalistic.

t.atheist

Islam is literally nothing more than a handy dandy codex for how to rule people with an iron fist. If a bunch of delusional fucks will submit to God, they'll submit to anyone, especially someone waving a scimitar around screeching that they are descended from some pedophile that talked to god.

The only purpose Islam serves is projecting muslims' anger towards non-muslims and keeping their women in line. Out of the three abrahamic religions it's the most bullshit.

>there is more to this universe than can be observed

>then proceeds to claim he knows about the things that cannot be observed with our current technology

>Him
Kek

How old where you when you realized the Earth is FLAT, and they lied to us about it being round?

The Earth is Flat, thus there is a God.

The lumeris don't have anything to do with anything. Endless Space 2 doesn't come out for another month so I don't see how they could be behind anything.

Think about hell not as underworld, it's a state of internal crush and suffering of meaningless soul.

Sup Forums has always been fairly atheist heavy or focused on meme religions like Gnosticism.

There have always been some Christians here, of course, but I've seen a small rise in numbers in recent years, though I'll admit a lot of them are contrarians motivated primarily by the fact that it's kind of edgy to be le devs vvlt and that kind of thing.

"Fundamentalists with their own particular interpretation of one holy book of one religion" =/= "Religion".

Many scientific discoveries have been made with almost a primarily religious motivation, to say nothing of ethics, philosophy, and art. The line that "religion" (as if such a concept even exists in any meaningful way) is inherently "anti-science" is simply nonsense.

>Forgetting the French Revolution

>being this retarded

>Space travel WILL give us a chance to learn from our mistakes and start anew on a different planet.

Oh, there you go with believing in things without evidence!

Guess you're just as stupid as a religious person.

>I'm so much smarter than everyone that's ever lived.
>Even though I don't read as much as them.
>And don't go through their hardships.
>And don't respect my elders or listen to them.
>And don't follow as hard rules as they do.
>And don't know anything about my ancestors.
>And have no respect for anyone or anything except myself and my own whims.
>And everything I do know (which is little) is entirely based upon their experiences and knowledge.
>And they built everything I have and did more with less than I will ever do.
>But I am smarter than them.
>Because someone else built a cell-phone, that makes me smarter than everyone who came before.

Atheists are so fucking ignorant that is infuriating

regardless of what position you take in this discussion your argument is fucking moronic. delete it.