What is the best form of justice and why is it jury nullification?

Have you ever done it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uqH_Y1TupoQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm exempt from jury duty, so no.

>exempt

Illegals get out REEEEEEEE

Felons cant be on a jury

Once I helped hang a jury along with two other people. He was a young black man. I don't know if he did it or not but the prosecutor was shit, and he put on a shitty case. The guy was accused of firing a gun into a nigger party. The witnesses all gave conflicting testimony. I was genuinely surprised how quickly the others were ready to say guilty. One even said, "well he was arrested so he must be guilty." I'm happy to put anyone in jail who's guilty, but there needs to be some sort of evidence. I held out for three days and said, there's no evidence. Hate me all you want. My conscience is clear.

I don't.

My love of due process overturns my disdain of nigs.

???

Jurors have to say guilty when laws are broken right? They can adjust the sentence though. Or is the American Justice system that different from how it generally works in Europe?

The jury can recommend a sentence, but they are only bound to delivering a verdict of guilty or not guilty. The sentencing is left to the presiding judge

explains everything
youtube.com/watch?v=uqH_Y1TupoQ

july nullification is racist because it was used by all white juries to convict innocent black men for rape for being 50 feet within a white woman and to get white people off the hook for lynching black people

it's disgusting it still exists in 2017

Thank you for performing your civic duty, fellow citizen.

>Hero polack goes on DOTR spree
>get summoned for jury duty
>"not guilty!"

meme it

Served on a jury once. Old nigger was driving drunk. We found him guilty, he almost certainly lost his CDL as a result. Feels good.

>Jurors have to say guilty when laws are broken right

Nope. Read the Constitution.

Jury can say guilty or not guilty, regardless of the law.

America is the greatest country on Earth.

Doesn't simply having knowledge about Jury Nullification make you exempt from jury duty?

The thing is, laws don't come from on high. Legislation is passed by a representative government. You act like this is the people standing up to the government when it's actually the people standing up to their own fucking legislation.

Thus, jury nullification makes no sense.

1. This is illegal
2. This is obstruction of justice

Have fun in federal prison

Whoops forgot Jurors=/=Judges. Judges have autocracy here and are bound by a shit-ton of laws.

Good. I wouldn't wanna be judged by a dindu.

It's non of their business to know.

Under the Anglo system, judges determine the law, juries determine facts.

What are you on about? You think that jury nullification is a way to wrongfully convict niggers? It is actually a way of BEATING the charges.You are probably the dumbest person who has ever posted here.

Street justice

Yeah in Berkeley

No, but during jury selection both sides will excuse you very quickly. They don't like wild cards.

>this is nigger mentality

You are the reason for juries. Even though I hate niggers, I also hate injustice. If the evidence says guilty, then vote guilty. If it does not, then acquit.

Underrated post.

Jurors can technically say not guilt or guilt no matter what.

There could be DNA evidence, video proof and 5 consistent witnesses of a 50 year old raping and killing a little girl and the jurors can still come back with"not guilty"

Also:

>So the jury who usurp the judicature of law, though they happen to be right, are themselves wrong, because they are right by chance only, and have not taken the constitutional way of deciding the question. It is the duty of the Judge, in all cases of general justice, to tell the jury how to do right, though they have it in their power to do wrong, which is a matter entirely between God and their own consciences.

>To be free is to live under a government by law [...]. Miserable is the condition of individuals, dangerous is the condition of the State, if there is no certain law, or, which is the same thing, no certain administration of law, to protect individuals, or to guard the State.

>[...]

>In opposition to this, what is contended for? – That the law shall be, in every particular cause, what any twelve men, who shall happen to be the jury, shall be inclined to think; liable to no review, and subject to no control, under all the prejudices of the popular cry of the day, and under all the bias of interest in this town, where thousands, more or less, are concerned in the publication of newspapers, paragraphs, and pamphlets. Under such an administration of law, no man could tell, no counsel could advise, whether a paper was or was not punishable.

I misread your post user, my apoligies.

I thought you were in favor of hamstringing someone who's innocent which is fucked up no matter who does it

getting twelve retards from pol on a jury will never happen, especially since admitting you go on pol or Sup Forums in general in public is retarded

>It makes not sense
By that logic no law should ever be changed

The other major thing you are forgetting about the modern system is all the checks we have because we know no one is infalliable, which is what you are assuming about repressitive parliament. Jury nullification is a check on the legitrative systems

You only need 1 to hang a jury.

The best situation is when a Grand Jury becomes aware of its true power (rather then just the bullshit the presiding judge and prosecutor tell them). A Grand Jury has the power to investigate (with subpoenas power) any crime which has occurred in its jurisdiction. A Grand Jury that starts to investigate corrupt politicians (against the desires of the district attorney/prosecutor) is called a "Run-away Grand Jury" because the DA has lost control of it.

Mob justice is nigeria tier

He was arrested though.
he must have been guilty.

False.

“If the jury feels the law is unjust, we recognize the undisputed power of the jury to acquit, even if its verdict is contrary to the law as given by a judge, and contrary to the evidence… If the jury feels that the law under which the defendant is accused is unjust, or that exigent circumstances justified the actions of the accused, or for any reason which appeals to their logic or passion, the jury has the power to acquit, and the courts must abide by that decision.”

—United States v. Moylan, 4th Circuit Court of Appeals, 1969, 417 F.2d at 1006.

This is why you'll never be an American.

That does not dispute what I said. I wasn't challenging jury nullification. Jury nullification is still a jury, or juror, exercising their power of determine fact. They could do it in the name of an unjust law, or because they don't like the way the defendant looks. They are still rendering a non-guilty verdict, which is a statement of fact. They are not determining what the law IS by rendering that verdict, they are simply choosing to ignore the facts that the evidence presents DESPITE the law.

Laws are made a class of professional liars (politicians) bought and paid for by the oligarchs funding their campaigns.

On September 23 the all-white, all-male jury (both women and blacks had been banned[80]) acquitted both defendants after a 67-minute deliberation; one juror said, "If we hadn't stopped to drink pop, it wouldn't have taken that long."

---by a class--

It was a woman who said that on the first vote.

After a few days of fighting, another young woman broke down crying saying, there's too much crime in the city. Someone has to be punished. This is true, and it blew my mind. She started babbling about her car getting broken into. She was sitting right next to me. We were sitting at tables arranged in a large square.

Most people didn't seem to care at all. They were like, fuck it. Guilty. I just want to go home. It was me and two senior citizens who held out and the judge finally called it a hung jury. People were angry and pissed. But there was no evidence

>there was no evidence

Yeah but her can, man.
Also he was arrested.

Creative interpretation is something leftists do. The law must be followed, to the letter.

I can't argue with this sound logic.

cuck

Why would I waste my time on a jury? claim to hate whatever race/religion the defendant is and not waste time/money.

is there anything I can read about this? I've never heard of this

the law isnt infallible or situation dependent