Elon Musk

Where did this guy come from? I never heard of him more than a few years ago now he is into electric cars, space and brain melding. Whats his story?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commercial_Resupply_Services
youtube.com/watch?v=uMWmYJOa-BM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He made paypal, then became a slick-sleeved con-artist. Now he relies on huge NASA subsidies and government gibs, while being a meme. His meme stock is a complete bubble, and he treats his employees like dogshit.

what we have here is an idiot.

not an argument; provide explanation

PUTANG INA BUMP

>pay your employees shit, fire them if they try ot unionize
>give them never ending impossible quotas for unrealistic growth
>boast about future revolutionary goals with tech that's impossible to accomplish but sound nice
>only have your brand survive off of the image of the company your space-travel corporation
>get overhyped with stocks with nothing to show for it

He's the Steve Jobs of the car-industry. If he succeeds, his products will probably become like Apples' too (as in, being inferior and overpriced compared to some of their lesser-known competitors). Liberals like him because he's the 'abstract-science-guy' who vouches for universal basic income, Libertarians initially liked him (I'm not sure if they still do) because he went against the argument people use for government intervention into the markets by citing space-travel funded by them, as his space company attempts just that.

He has advanced multiple markets, including online payments, electric/autonomous vehicles, cheaper access to space. Just because people are stupid enough to invest in a company that clearly isn't doing that great, doesn't mean what the man has achieved is any less significant.

This faggot should probably work on making his company profitable, or justifying Tesla's absurd market price.

of the 7 statements made in that post
>1 was factual
>2 were opinions
>4 were false

The intern requirements for SpaceX are insane. Very few students will have the required qualifications. They basically want someone who already has like 3 years of experience plus a bunch of off the wall knowledge about fuck all related to the position. It's ridiculous.

It's market share is higher than GM or Ford but they haven't matched sales to either. They still haven't turned a profitable quarter and still haven't issued a dividend. That is a textbook bubble. The only people who still jump on his dick are le-rebbitors who should probably fuck off back to rebbit.

in a not so distance future no car company will be able to compete with tesla because they locked themselves into the terrible dealership model that tesla is free of.

that means tesla will be able to sell cars at lower margins then anyone else, all things being equal.

I've heard rumors that his father is actually redpilled as shit. Elon was also nearly beaten to death by niggers in capetown when he was a child, so he might be hiding his power level.

Yet they still are fully staffed, its a high turn around. They hire right out of college because they know you want to work for them and will work your ass off. Then you get tire and get the experience you need and leave.

that's because everyone wants to work there. Jobs at spacex are in very high demand so he can basically set whatever requirements he wants and he will find someone to fit them

he's part of the paypal/ebay/google early dotcom bubble bust crew.

asking what's so special about him is the same as asking what's the big deal about youtubers like smosh or iJustine, etc. they rode the wave first

He's a euro trash scam artist lightening the wallet of Ted Talk audiences.

He made big money in the private sector, so now he leverages it to get the government to pay for his pet projects to the tune of tens of billions of dollars. He's officially too-big-to-fail, with the awkward part being that his SpaceX projects appear to be working and viable. Will his reusable rockets ever pay off the debt the US government incurred financing the program? Not a chance in hell. But I guess the argument for it was to create cheap and reliable rocket technology that could be mass-produced for the private sector to come. So he's effectively the face of hidden government spending with the veneer of private sector papered over it.

Also:
Fuck the very idea of brain-machine interfacing in this age of wholesale (((government))) spying.

Someone needs to develop impenetrable cyber defenses and tell the government to go fuck themselves, refusing to build in the mandatory NSA backdoors. They'd be a hero.

Okay, but that doesn't matter if costs can't be sufficiently reduced on the production of their cars. I'm not familiar with what model you're talking about, but if it were that restrictive, somebody would just start company that sold more convention cars free of that model.

Also, dealership make 2 to 3 percent on the sticker price on the car, which isn't excessively high, and the model exists for a reason.

heh, next you're going to say Mark Cuban isn't a genius businessman ;)

South Africa

Can someone give me a Quick Rundown of this guy?

Maybe at the intern level but many experienced lads have copped onto Musks game. He pays great money for a year long contract, milks them for every last bit of knowledge they have gained whilst working for government agencies and private competitors and then kicks their ass out the door.

Musk hasn't done very much of anything innovate himself at SpaceX, it is all cobbled together from knowledge and tech other companies developed. He's a Steve Jobs, he skates on by on other peoples genius whilst he collects the accolades, he's all mouth and no trousers

>somebody would just start company that sold more convention cars free of that model.
you mean like tesla?

HMMM

Musk is the poster boy for corporate welfare. He produces nothing but flammable toys for rich moonbats, 90% of which is paid for by taxpayers. When it comes to sucking on gubmint gibs, he's the ultranigger.

The smartest thing he did was build the infrastructure for electric cars. He created the defacto standard for charging. Even if he never produced another electric car in his lifetime, he could life off the money coming in from other companies licensing his charging tech.

More about the rumors and the nigger thing user ?

That's literally how 100% of "innovators" work these days. The age of Tesla and Henry Ford are long gone.

I meant to say conventional cars. Again, if this model was as restrictive as you say, all car companies would stop doing it. Do contracts prevent that? That would be surprising. In any case, if wasn't bleeding money every single quarter or it had a higher margin than the other companies, I would say your speculation might have a strong basis, but that isn't the case, so I won't say it.

Steve Jobs didn't do shit and was an asshole. Musk, at the least, believes that what he's doing will advance the human race. He drank his own cool-aid and only hires people that will drink it too, then he makes them work for shit pay and shit hours because he knows that the people working for him are overly passionate and he can get away with it.

I mean, fuck, the dude's list of pursuits is pretty awesome even if some of them don't work out.
>Increase solar cell usage (fuck the environment, I just want it to be cheap enough that I don't have to pay a fuckhuge energy bill)
>AI
>Brain Computer Interface.
>Space exploration
His cars aren't revolutionary but they are pretty nice.

Steve Job's was a faggot with no good principles, Musk is a rich dude that's obsessed with human advancement to the point that he's throwing money away on cool projects that may never succeed.

Probably not the best businessman but an interesting guy with goals that I find admirable.

he's going to end humanity and lay the foundation for sentient machines.

>treats his employees like dogshit.

This. I wanted to move across the country to Sparks to work as a mechanic at his battery plant, till I saw the company kool aid you had to drink to work there. This ol northeast union boy wouldn't fit well there.

basically he made paypal with a partner ( he was steve jobs to wozniak )
sold it
did cocain for 10 years and here we are

surprised more ppl don't look at it like this

I've heard it does suck working @ space x, but the pro is you're launching rockets and that's "the dream job" for a lot of people. Just like working at disney is the dream job for a lot of people so you can get paid shit and Disney loves it.

the acquisition community as a whole is the biggest government handout in the engineering community. but it's only a couple 100M not the billions of medicare medicaid

markets assert the present value of companies based on expected lifetime cashflow

key-word: expected, an expert con-man can convince investors and eventually the markets that his company is on the right track without providing much evidence, google eike batista

elon musk is not a con-man, he revolutionized payments with pay-pal and became a billionaire, his self-driving electric tesla cars are already on the street, space x already landed a rocket on the ocean for reuse

it doesn't matter that he is being subsidized, a lot of innovation is subsidized in some way, what matters is investors see the autonomous vehicle for what it is: the greatest revolution to logistics since the invention of the locomotive and there is no way, if you are thinking really long-term, that you'd bet on GM over Tesla, and that's what driving the present value of his companies

>Do contracts prevent that?
Yes

thats the fucking point and thats why tesla has the market value it has, because it survied the startup peried where every car company ever tries to kill it.

This. Elon was beaten up by niggers in Pretoria a lot as a kid.

I agree somewhat but what grinds my gears is that SpaceX poaches the best and brightest who have been trained up at great expense by someone else over the course of years, pumps them dry and discards them. He is not willing to invest in people and whilst exploiting the work of others is profitable it does not make him the grand innovator and private market hero he likes to portray himself as. His space program only exists because governments did all the true heavy lifting when it comes to developing people.

>meld brain with computer
>given enough time, computer will enslave you for eternity

That is Hell. Why would you risk that

ZImbabwe wanted to kill this.

No idea all I know is he's a con artist

He's from south africa

he is definitely hiding his power level, he is technology advisor to donald trump

And as the guy this guy was replying to forgot to mention, Elon also has a cult of idiots who hang off every word he says. He's essentially the modern day P.T. Barnum.

>join the space x brainnet collective consciousness server

>start shitposting in it

>union boy
Your right you wouldnt fit in, you would have to do actual fucking work

TOP KEK

>not wanting your soul to live forever as a digital entity in the net

imagine the happenings we'll see in the year 40.000

>huge NASA subsidies

compared to the Space Shuttle cost and the monopoly ULA had those subsidies are real tiny.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commercial_Resupply_Services

you act like SpaceX isn't providing a service at a reasonable price compared to the alternatives.

now about Tesla and that battery shit I have no comment on.

Again, I think there is an inherent advantage to the dealership model, or at least not using this model isn't as much of an advantage if it's considered that people are less likely to buy cars if they can't easily try them out.

Also, I can't find anything online that says car companies are contractually compelled to sell cars this ways, only legally, meaning whatever would prevent them from selling cars to the consumer would also prevent Tesla, and if Tesla can do it so can they.

To me, this would be like taking some petty indie developer that only produces a few games a year, doesn't actually make a profit on those games, but because they only sell them directly to the consumer, they're more highly valued than Ubisoft and Activision.

I guess time would tell if I'm right or wrong, but if I were investing, I would seriously consider short selling or buying long-term puts.

> slick-sleeved con-artist.
He conned the whole world by building rockets and cars just to trick people into investing in his company. The most devious ruse of recent memory

globe earth shill

Checked!

>now about Tesla and that battery shit I have no comment on.
tesla is doing what is available to every other car maker out there. just none of them are doing it because they are told not to by big oil

People work really hard when they actually have purpose, so it's no wonder mediocre employees expecting just another job get screened out pretty quickly.

>Also, I can't find anything online that says car companies are contractually compelled to sell cars this ways

This is an argument from ignorance. You are saying that because you are ignorant of something, then it must not be.

he is just a batshit crazy rich person

>just none of them are doing it because they are told not to by big oil
The fact that Tesla isn't profitable probably helps as well.

Saudi Arabia can suck a dick. Canada will take a hit from quitting fossil fuels too, doesn't mean we shouldn't develop EV's. Then again, we didn't stake our entire future on manipulating the world.

Oh, so you want to be a smart ass? Then I'll say your statement was a bare assertion without evidence.

this

car dealerships must be one of the first examples of lobbyists infiltrating and corrupting the government to pass laws that benefit them while hurting competition

youtube.com/watch?v=uMWmYJOa-BM

tesla makes a profit on each car sold and has higher margins then most other car companies.

the reason its 'not profitable' is because they are still building out factories that every other car company has already built.

They arnt losing money, they are converting money into infrastructure.

He's not wrong, a global government will happen eventually.

>Oh, so you want to be a smart ass?
well at least one of us is smart.

It's certainly not going to be under the USA or the EU, I can tell you that much.

>you act like SpaceX isn't providing a service at a reasonable price compared to the alternatives
He's providing a taxi service but the way his marketing wank comes off you'd swear he was the next Von Braun. Also the only reason his prices are so low is because he is not doing anything novel, rockets are a cheap investment compared to the true cost of investment in the people who design and build them

Truth. I work for the Air Force doing space procurement. SpaceX is a scam. We are subsidizing them heavily and they keep pushing back our launches.

Scientologists recruited him to carry out Operation Blue Beam.

>hire right out of college because they know you want to work for them and will work your ass off
LOL
>people with no work experience working their ass off.

>rockets are a cheap investment compared to the true cost of investment in the people who design and build them
I love how everything you just said was the exact opposite of reality

truly an incredible skill

He's a great African American

Because the interns are the ones doing all of the bitch work that is sent to NASA and the air force to fulfill contractual requirements

We need a phrase for these Singularity-type con artists

He's got the looks and aspirations of a Bond villain.
Same with Gloogle and Facestain.
Bond villains and nobody seems to care.

>He produces nothing but flammable toys for rich moonbats
Seems like most people I see driving those around LA are Chinese. Maybe its a good thing a US company is bringing some of the money back from China.

While Tesla does have much higher gross profit margin than GM, so does Daimler, but nobody is going to value it more than GM. The gross profit margins of Tesla are high, but that would necessarily decrease if they actually made more affordable cars.

Not an argument :D

you don't have to be profitable to have immense value

if tesla cars are to become the leading brand in personal vehicles for the next 100 years (which is what markets are forecasting) then it's alright to operate the first 25 years on the loss until you get past economies of scale barriers and figure out your monetization model

same reason youtube is still around without ever really being profitable, because no one can imagine a world without it and making money is just a matter of proper management down the road

heck, microsoft is still among the top 5 most valuable companies on the planet

Please fuck off back to plebbit. Its bad enough that you all suck his dick there. Go spread your cancer somewhere else

It's in his biography...1wk in the hospital. But they were called "bullies" not "niggers"

This is bullshit, Tesla barely breaks even with each car

>you don't have to be profitable to have immense value
Eventually, you do.

Amazon is not profitable

I keep getting job offers for Space-X at $50hr full time.

Should i work for this meme of a man?

What's more valuable, the knowledge and expertise required to design and build a rocket or the actual rocket itself?

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be in somebody else's movie?

This world is sort of like Elon Musk's movie, starring Elon Musk.

Unions are shit and stifle progress. They should be fired you commie fuck.

Actually, he is right, and their gross profit margin is actually very high. But Lamborghini and Porshe's gross margins are higher than GM, Toyota, Volkswagen, etc., but nobody would value them higher because their market is much smaller.

Fuck you nigger, Musk is the best chance I've got to live out my cyberpunk fantasy

He was a nerd in South Africa and got bashed by niggers everyday, even got his head caved in when he was young.

All that lead to him trying to be the best of the best to get away from niggers. His end goal is to pretty do what Bill Gates has been doing and trying to create some virus or vaccine that sterilizes niggers and indians.

>Elon Musk
>ELON MUSK
>Think its a fake name or pseudonym or an attempt to stand out by having the fucking ugliest name ever
>Its his real birth name

ELON
MUSK

Unless the USA completely fucks up it very likely will be under the USA, in one way or another.

The ideal gobal government would have a zero tolerance policy for shit cultures, hopefully straining out the shit parts and leaving every race and culture on the planet a shining beacon of humanity,

This guy stole all my ideas. Fuck him.

It actually is. Made more than 2 billion last year. That makes its market value still very dear, but its investors expect it to perpetually dominate online shopping, which is probably true, but the price might be still too high, which is why it isn't even higher.

>Reusable VTOL rockets aren't novel

He employs dreamers not cucks.

crony commy jew from south africa
parents looted shit outa governmetn there
he came ot usa n set up shop lotting shit outa tax payers under guise of green jerkoff dreams
non of gren tek works for fuck
massive tax paid project to make electric car after jew internet buggery
owes taxpayers 20B
joined total failure soalr energy corp into electric car shitbaggery
now pumping up valuation and having jews who maange union retire ment cash buy his stock!
jew ery ryyy
jew factor 9 mr sulu!

Meet his mother.