STOP ROMANTICIZING THE PAST

Why do people think that everything was better in the past? Not only individuals, society as a whole tends to look at the past through tinted glasses. It's always the 'good old days'.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=otD52qwC9xw
youtube.com/watch?v=Gct8oufhvas
youtube.com/watch?v=_lkKdKBARVQ
youtu.be/RYbe-35_BaA
youtu.be/W8n11y2lxrE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Stop being victim from the past then too.

Believe me, you don't want Hannibal Lecter inside your head.

BUMP

Because it's inherent in Human nature to look back to the past and think that everything was better back then. I guess we only know the worth of something once it is lost.

Fewer niggers and shitskins in the west is good enough for me :^)

Because the past was, in fact, better.

The past didn't have an insane amount of forced "tolerance" required.

I hate how talking with anyone from the current generation means stepping on eggshells to avoid offending them because I called them by the wrong pronoun.

/thread

Stop telling me what to think

In the past all you fags would have jobs and wives and children. You would be making a contribution to the greatness of the state. Now you just live in your moms basement and fap to anime.

the good old days when we didn't have niggers, moroccans and turks. obviously it was better just because of this.

In past even dangerous animals loved dictators. Animals can feel good people.

>Why do people think that everything was better in the past?
Because it was, everything goes in cycles that is about 200-250 years long. It basically got from absolute shit > shit > decent > good > awesome > degeneracy and then it start over on absolute shit again.

And the shit parts are full of wars and economical troubles. So the 50s was better then now (at least for white middle class in the US and most of the west) and the 2150's ish will also be better then now

It quite literally was though.

>da future rulez guise
youtube.com/watch?v=otD52qwC9xw

at least provide some arguments as to why the past wasn't all it's made out to be, otherwise this is a shit thread

Because there's truth to it. Look at the before-and-after pics of places like Detroit.

what I find most amazing about the time before the 1950s is how often kids were raised by people other than their parents

it's an absolute clusterfuck if you're trying to follow census records

Nostalgia in the digital age.

Check out Marshall McLuhan, he viewed us as driving cars and only being able to see the rear view mirror.

for you it really was lmao

White SA's posting on this board trigger the fuck out of me. Insane suicidal maniacs. You should be figuring out how to build a boat, not be posting on an anime board.

You're easily going to die within the next 3 years, figure something out.

Goering and Tito look like brothers I swear lol

In the present in travel cheaply around the world, have friends from at least 20 nationalities, fuck girls from all over the place, get to enjoy places, food and cultures only people would dream about before.

I don't have to pay shit for women or chase them with marriage offers so I can fuck them. I just need to go out and be fun and the rest sorts out itself.

I have entertainment opportunities like no one before us. Movies, music, travel, video games, parties...

I am freer than ever. I can travel anywhere I please, fast and safely.

We live on the best moments... The past was full of wars, violence, hatred.

The present has a majority of civilised people that are out there having a blast, and they they have losers like you.

this works both ways... look at before-after of places like the bay area(especially silicon valley) and Boston

It looked happier, things were cheaper, the music was upbeat and full of energy, there was optimism, and overall it was presented as a much cleaner society. That's why I like idolizing the 1950s.
Nevermind that the red scare and fear of nuclear war was on everyone's minds at the time.

Stop being a faggot Sup Forumstard "future goy".
Humanity survived for more than millenia before faggot ass technology in the present made life comfortable and turned kids into faggots.
So yeah, I much rather like the past, you don't get to understand everything in the world by osmosis, past knowledge is there but you have to understand and not forget it, you dumb retard that can't hold a book.

The ultimate irony is that the neckbearded autistic losers that glorify the past would have been even more bottom of the barrel had they been born in those times.

The 18th century was objectively the peak of Western Civilization. We have degenerated greatly since then by all measures.

This.
Communists and Fascists - specially communists - turned the world into shit.

because things were better in the past. Things don't just magically monotonously improve year after year.

Some use it as a reason to (((whine))) and some use it a reason to get better.

wtf I love globalism and degeneracy now

Congratulations on your low IQ.

This.

You make me think you like this 3 ring circus you call the future... the past was better or at least in my perspective it was since I'm no longer happy user...

I've been there, it was nicer.

NOOOO STOP ENJOYING THINGS

REEEEE

Comparing the 1950's America and their values to America today, I'll take the 1950's thank you.

Because the 1950s were objectively better than our society today.

>no spics
>no fucking muslims
>niggers kept in check
>no feminazis
>kids could play outside at will
>women didn't have to work
>men could get decent jobs that let them raise a family
>social hierarchy was well established and easily climbable
>very little crime
>no reds

Then came the dark times. Then came the liberals.

try and stop me

That's because society has in fact degenerated since the war. I'm not saying society was perfect then, because it certainly wasn't and that was why movements like the Fascists came to be. However, the spirit of man has slowly been rotted away for almost a century now.

Mostly because the past had more white people. When you look at the future, all you see are brown hordes turning formerly great nations into slums, the only people benefiting from it being the new Jewish aristocracy who finally have their consumer slave race.

You could buy a 3000 square mansion in California for $200,000 just 20 years ago.

And all those perfect people from the 1950s ACCEPTED and participated in the degeneracy. You want all the glory of the past without the accountability. 1950s White men were mostly in-charge, and they handed the keys right over, raising a bunch of whores and drug addicts. Shut the fuck up. That generation sucked.

Alright paradise is not real. Fuck off you schoolboy

Because it is an easy idealized society to fall back on.
It's always easier to look back on something and remember the good rather than the bad.
It's much harder to look to the future and figure out how to change it and make it better.

Few things worse than a spanish liberal.

Mexico fucked up by harboring your lefties.

need to re-arrange the 3 lines under 'If there were 1000 people...'. It makes more sense if you say
-20 of them would be Jewish
-10 if them would be in the top 1%
-9 of them would be Jewish and in the top 1%

>And all those perfect people from the 1950s ACCEPTED and participated in the degeneracy.
No, user. They were manipulated and conned into it, or else had it forced onto them and were unable to stop it. How many people fought for segregation? Why was there such a violent social movement necessary in the 1960s? It's because (((they))) were attempting to collapse society. It was all whites could do to stop them as much as they could.

It's because things were objectively better for my parents and grandparents. My grandfather walked to work at a bank, came home for lunch every day and was home by 5:05pm. My grandma never worked a day in her life and raised my dad and his brothers. They bought a new car every 2 years and went on vacation every year. My parents didn't have it as good, but still great.

Just don't worry about it and if they get pissed tell em to fuck off.

Nobody believes past times were perfect, faggot, just better. In the 50s a factory worker could support a wife, kids and buy a house and cars on his sole salary. What do we have now? Niggers and beaners running around while you wagecuck yourself to death for scrap at McCuck Incorporated.

>fuck starting a family and be a family man, everything is about FUN FUN FUN and being a mindless hedonist degenerate!

This is why I hate this faggot millenial generation, it has no real values, just chasing shekels and tinder

>STOP ROMANTICIZING THE PAST
>tinted glasses.
>It's always the 'good old days'.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gct8oufhvas

mate...

The important things were better in the past. People want to bring that back, not romanticise it.

You are too dopey for words.
>he really thinks old timey people never traveled or experienced other cultures
Jesus christ the idiocy.

It often shows in the music.

youtube.com/watch?v=_lkKdKBARVQ

Not going to lie, former Hillary supporter here. In all seriousness, we can't let this women get the nuclear codes.

I've seen Ireland go from 99% Irish to 20% foeign in my lifetime

Yes it is worse

Go fuck yourself.

Not all change is good either.

>55 KB JPGNot going to lie, former Hillary supporter here. In all seriousness, we can't let this women get the nuclear codes.

If Elizabeth the first or Catherine the Great had nukes we'd all already be dead. Mind you they managed to kill off a vast number even without nukes.

America was 90% white. Little to no degeneracy. Only one income was needed to provide for a family. Traditonal gender roles embraced and not this kike shit

Yeah the past sucked

>Why do people think that everything was better in the past? Not only individuals, society as a whole tends to look at the past through tinted glasses. It's always the 'good old days'.

One person could support an entire household, you didn't need a quarter of your life in education to become a wagecuck for a corporation, you had less regulation and more freedom.

These are universally good things that make life simpler and better. The "rose coloured glasses" bullshit is not an argument against the things that were lost. You're just employing whataboutism to say "well, maybe you could have your own house and build your future BUUUUT you didn't have an iPhone, so therefore the past sucked".

Not a fucking argument. You're retarded. You don't understand what people are telling you was better about the past, and you're acting like those things are lost by necessity or irrevocably gone as if by a factor of time.

Wages have been stagnant for low and middle classes since the 1970s, adjusted for inflation. The ability to build a life and own a home, to save money, have all DECREASED, not increased. While you're busy praising that you can buy a smartphone, your social mobility is being lost, the value of education is in the toilet and you can't own property worth a damn.

Millennials are having trouble just getting the fundamentals of life down in time to have kids in their 30s. You think this is without consequence? You think it's an improvement on the past?

Think before you speak you little shit.

>20% foreign

A bit of an exaggeration there mate. Official census figures have us at 8% foreign I think

Grandma was alive for the better part of the last century she says it was great. In fact if you listen to any old people it was better.

Objectively my father was a college dropout who somehow could afford three cars. To raise 5 kids. Had a stay at home wife, a two story house and have 10% of his money to his church.

I have a master's and can barely afford a room .

It's to keep romanticism from the future. Anything to keep a person thinking of the past inhibits personal progress.

Why are there so few science fiction movies with the dates thousands of years from now? The smaller you dream the more control they have over you. It sets your expectations lower than someone who isn't bogged down or stifled from kikery.

Fucking this. Everyone is so damned thin skinned today and it's frustrating as hell. There are so many double standards with it too, particularly if you are openly right wing and have a cock you're open to be called all sorts of bullshit but if you say one rude thing to someone you become the devil.
Fuck this gay earth.

the thing about the past is the beauty of its simplicity, overengineered but still simple compared to the overcomplexity of a planned obsolescence engineered modern world

As an oldfart, and originally from the past, the reason we think the past was better is because, it was.
There were more good-paying jobs, the White population was around 80%, and people were healthier, eating better, non-processed food.
We lived a middle-class lifestyle and my mother did not have to work.
If you lost a job, there was one waiting for you just down the block. Gas was cheap, and teenagers worked to buy things like old cars, cb radios, records, and hip clothing. And you could actually work on your car in your driveway and fix it yourself, it wasn't a shitload of computer-controlled nonsense and "automatic everything" like they are today.

You people are growing up in a globalist-Jew-created depression, and you don't even know it.

1960's - 2000's was the Golden age until the crisis and general degeneracy hit and people started to lose their identities.

Don't be silly goyim. The past was terrible. Rose coloured glasses. etc. You have to keep looking forward. Ignore the fact that women have all become coal burning roasties, or the fact that there were more than enough jobs to go around and they all paid enough to save for a house without needing a mortgage. Oyy veyy you don't hate the present because the jews were saved from the shoah do you?

Yeah and the same guys bitch there's no good women.....Well okay then are you a good man? Lol society today sucks. Op it WAS better.... Not just a fantasy.

Listen to Ricky.

People don't think that everything was better before, quite the contrary

>Dad is an alpha male
>Mom is submissive and an excellent mother
>Daughter has a good role model
>Son is reading and also has a good role model

Today it would be like:
>Dad is not present, probably being a hedonistic lazy fuck
>Mom is unmarried/divorced, probably a hedonistic pleasure seeking slut
>kids are half-naked like monkeys with their faces stuck to a tablet watching adult shit

If I don't romanticize I'll just be depressed.

People need to get a more nuanced view of the past and the present.
I mean, there were better things about the past (such as a more homogenous existence, both ethnically and ideologically).
Nowadays living conditions have improved in many ways, antibiotics for starters.
But the main takeaway of history is that people have always been dumb degenerates. That isn't a modern phenomenon.
The church has preached the true redpills since its inception:
>all people are depraved sinners
>the kingdom of heaven will never exist until Jesus returns

>works both ways
>look at silicon valley
So instead of groves of fruit trees and farms, we have millions of people paying 5k/month for crackerbox apartments with 4 families in each.
Bums and drug addicts everywhere, pissing and shitting in public, bringing crime and filth to neighborhoods everywhere they go.
So wonderful and progressive.

Yeah but why should we abandon the things that were good about the past which are completely unrelated to modern improvements?

It's not like slaying the mortgage Jew would simultaneously erase energy efficient refrigerators.

The past was better because you didn't have social interaction from the other side of the world, and you didn't have people making you care about what Muhammad or Tyrone thought of your country and how white should die for the "crimes" they committed. These days you have people thinking it's fine for immigrants to rape and commit crimes because "they didn't know better"

Trips of truth.

Because the mid 40's up to the early 60's in America were literally unironically the peak of Western civilization

>Fun, fun fun, til Schlomo took the t-bird away

It's just nostalgia. There's nothing wrong with having fond memories of happier, easier and simpler times.

I completely agree with you.

Women knew their place and were skinny.

Also another thing the past did way better; buying cars.

Sure cars are actually cheaper than ever before when adjusted to inflation, and the technology has improved plenty.

But the car merchants have figured out how to ruin your shit there.

Like even up into the 90s, you got great big option sheets. You could basically take a model of car, make it as bare bones, or as decked out as you wanted. And then you could buy the trim packages to save a bit of money (like an upsell, incentive buy 5 options, get 1 free).

But if you wanted a base model with the more powerful engine, Or leather seats and the premium audio system with the cuck engine, you could do that.

Not any more. Sorry goyim, If you want the V6 engine you have to also pay for heated seats and a sunroof.

Gee, I wonder what's going to happen with the next generation when they are brought up in such a world (if they'll even exist)

fpbp

As an older fart, I can say that growing up in the 70s was different and in many ways better. Not all ways, but in many. We DID play outside. Our mothers DID stay home by and large. Our fathers DID buy a new car every two years or so. But we also were hard on the environment. With exceptions this was a white persons world. By and for the whites.

Then industrial production shifted and we stopped making things. Now we have an office and service economy. We are now post industrial, but you already knew that.

Well according to stats people were actually happier back then.

Now women are less and less happy and white males are all killing themselves

Sometimes things were better

>muh post industrial meme
No such thing.
The industrial has been moved elsewhere but is still necessary.
There's less environmental regulations where they have been moved so it's harder on the environment.
And now shit needs to be shipped around in gargantuan container ships a dozen of which cause more pollution than every single civilian vehicle on the road.

We've fucked the environment. But people like you are too fucking retarded to look at the big picture and don't realize just how badly we have fucked it.

You have a low iq so you don't care and just have fun. Good for you.

My dad bought a nice little 3 bedroom house in a nice part of Boston for $106k in 1994. The exact same house across the street just sold for $760k.

Yeah but I'm sure your dad makes 7 times as much money now so it all balances out right?

nostalgia

>life is about fucking cheap whores from different countries

no wonder Spain is such a shithole

because it was. stop being a whiny bitch and play with the hand that you were dealt.

My dad graduated high school at the age of 17 in 1975, and started his career as an HVAC technician at Sears the following day. Not soon after, he was cut a low interest check for dirt cheap real estate in which would become an upper middle class neighborhood. He married my mother, attained all his own assets without outside assistance or loans, and got drunk every night after work. He was set up with a 401k, health insurance, and a retirement plan all before the age of 25. Has been able to afford nice vacations and to piss money away. It would be impossible to do any of that in these times. My dad put forth 0 effort and was still afforded all of those luxuries.

youtu.be/RYbe-35_BaA

youtu.be/W8n11y2lxrE