I work on a ohio class submarine and today while i was leaving base i saw some people with signs saying that the ohio...

I work on a ohio class submarine and today while i was leaving base i saw some people with signs saying that the ohio class and trident missles are warcrimes and crimes against humanity.

What do you think about the nuclear force of the US navy in light of recent events in North Korea?

More nukes? Less? Go back to sticks? Does nuclear deterrence really work?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FBLmh1LTn8A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How can they be a war crime if the missiles have never been used in war

anyone remember when north korea launched a missile from their submarine and it blew up?

Thats what i was trying to figure out. Werid part was that it was 2 old white dudes.

GOD BLESS AMERICA.

Your just enjoying your second amendment rights.
SHALL. NOT. BE. INFRINGED.

>Does nuclear deterrence really work?
If it didn't, either Russia or the US would not exist anymore. North Korea wouldn't be a country. India and Pakistan would have engaged in a major war. And Israel would be a distant memory.

Nukes are part of what's keeping the world relatively stable.

>people with signs saying that the ohio class and trident missles are warcrimes and crimes against humanity.

>How can they be a war crime if the missiles have never been used in war

The Trident equipped SSBM Ohios have not been used in war, but the USS Florida (which was converted to be a Tomahawk equipped SSGN Ohio) did help fuck Libya's shit up. Then again idiots with signs probably have no clue about that.

You are keeping the peace, doing gods work.

The Ohio, Georgia, and Michigan where also converted to SSGNs

>trident missles

>SHALL. NOT. BE. INFRINGED.

That's the spirit, BritBro! Join us!

T R I D E N T
youtube.com/watch?v=FBLmh1LTn8A

Detterence really works. You don't need more as much as you need the overall modernization of the entire system.

Before you roll out Columbia class in 20 years russian Borei class will be no.1 sub.

So 4 SSGNs, each with 154 tomahawks.... Holy Shit!

my dad works at nintendo and he said nintendium is a warcrime so that's why nintendo stopped using it.

>does nuclear deterrence really work?

ever wonder why we havent had a massive global conflict since 1945?

They sure as shit wont be infringed upon.

Yeah your all right. It was a real stupid question.

Nuclear subs are a crime against humanity. Who the hell would want to live in a pressure tube under an ice cap for a month. You submariners are nuts.

>Who the hell would want to live in a pressure tube under an ice cap for a month. You submariners are nuts.

Try 3-6 months bud.

>Does nuclear deterrence really work?

Evidently, otherwise since the end of WW2 we wouldn't be living in the most peaceful period in all of human history (relatively)

M.A.D has reduced the likelihood of all out war between wealthy nations to near zero, presumably in the future we will just go even more the way of insurgent/guerrilla wars as well as cyber warfare

mutual nuclear deterence works to deter rational decisions about whether or not to go to war. As long as a country is thinking and behaving rationally, however nuclear weapons are just another in a long series of ultimate weapons running from battleships to dynamite to longbows etc.

Are you a coner or a nuke? What rate?

Coner, FT

ofcourse it works as a deterrence ,look at russia,litteraly nigeria tier shithole , yet has permanent place in un security council, its does change things alot

Once upon a time EM here but fastboat not boomer fag.

You are doing god's work user.

the us "navy" is a bunch of gay "soldiers" and nothing more.

get back in ur submarine and go underwater

How can they be angry at something that isnt there?

God i wish i was on a fast boat

Nuke em till they glow

Our military is the hard on of the USA. Keep up the good work!
Love,
Texas

Subs are very difficult to detect, they make a credible retaliation force. I would rather reduce the number of nuclear bombers.

Thank you all for the support. Join up and maybe we'll all get to kill some norks

Boomers are pretty neat.

>Subs are very difficult to detect

maybe Gotland-class, but not American subs

Obvious bait is obvious

"
Sweden's Super Stealth Submarines Are So Lethal They 'Sank' a U.S. Aircraft Carrier"

USS Raegan + full command meme group werent able to detect a single Gotland in wargames, as well as then later having an anti sub team with them, the Gotland was able to take down the "sub finding" subs

US sea tech is nothing but big.
It's not smart, its not effective, its not efficient.
It was made years ago under the assumption the chinks and ruskies couldnt do better.

Dude. Having been there and done that I have lots of personal experience on the subject but can't tell you about it. I will say that after the US the only navy with decent ASW is in fact you britbongs but everything on the surface is an undersea wreckage site waiting for a fsat attack to take an interest in it.

Astute>Virginia
Dreadnought>Ohio

The Italian coast guard love nigger dick

HAHAHAHA JFC no. At least not the dreadnought. Had the hms vanguard come in to our port once. That rust bucket looked like it was on its last legs. It was insane that anyone would go out to sea on that thing.

Your submariners are pretty chill tho. But you fucks literally buy all of the jack daniels on base. Like they give your guys a duty truck like an f-150 or some shit and buy LITERAL PALLETS of jack. Its not even the best whiskey we have to offer FFS.

Pic related. Its just in a real sad state.