HAPPENING

IT'S HAPPENING, BRITAIN LITERALLY RUNS OUT OF COAL

UK IS 3RD WORLD NOW LMAO

theguardian.com/environment/2017/apr/21/britain-set-for-first-coal-free-day-since-the-industrial-revolution

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cost_of_electricity_by_source#/media/File:LCOE_comparison_fraunhofer_november2013.svg
dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1350811/In-China-true-cost-Britains-clean-green-wind-power-experiment-Pollution-disastrous-scale.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Coalburners btfo!

The world should be nuclear

>tfw crashing the kraut economy with no survivors

How does it feel to be cucked hans

So just go nuclear and be doubly careful bongs

Nuclear did this not meme wind and solar.

Libshit s need to tell the whole story

God bless the U...K?

Tons of coal left, just not worth to dig it up now.

>Planing to decommission all of your nuclear power plants because of Fukushima

Are the kraits really this retarded?

Meh we've been using renewables for years now, the UK is so far behind with their archaic practices.

>
Burning coal is a traditional German pasttime. It will continue forever.

>BRITAIN LITERALLY RUNS OUT OF COAL
We have one of the largest coal reserves in the world you mong

The article says they are not using coal because alternative fuels have become developed neough in the country to supply what they need without the use of their coal plants.

Not that they are running out of coal.

Jesus Christ OP please, please, listen to me.
If you have the opportunity, kill yourself.

Natural Gas actually did most of this. Nuclear and Renewables are a small part of our energy production.

I thought eurofags had a hard on for le green energy because of le climate change?
Now you WANT us using old collieries and power stations?

Brit on holiday by the way.

>We have one of the largest coal reserves in the world you mong
Then why don't you burn it? Germany burns coal massively!

>they are not using coal because alternative fuels have become developed neough in the country to supply what they need without the use of their coal plants.

Coal is by far the cheapest energy source. By far. Not burning it is just stupid. Nuclear, wind, solar etc. are all way more expensive.

Also, coal power plant can last 100 years and longer, shutting them down in the middle of their lifecycle is a complete waste.

Kill yourself, faggot.

thats a picture of a fucking nuclear plant

>Countries deciding to use energy tech that produces less pollution is a bad thing.
Ok.

Shit changes, deal with it gaylord.
Why the fuck do you give a shit anyway? Who the fuck are you? Some god damn coal industry historian or some shit? Eat a dick.

In more than one way.

>german doesn't give a fuck about coating his country in ugly, depressing, destructive, black pollution
wow it's like an allegory

>Germany burns coal massively!
what did he mean by this?

Really not that much more, even for Germany. This is of course ignoring the societal costs it has burning it (increased risk of cancer for people near the plant, the CO2 it puts out, etc).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cost_of_electricity_by_source#/media/File:LCOE_comparison_fraunhofer_november2013.svg

This, and all the plants should be placed in Africa.

>This is of course ignoring the societal costs it has burning it (increased risk of cancer for people near the plant, the CO2 it puts out, etc).

The earlier people die, the better for the economy. So you should not ignore the societal benefits of coal power plants. They save a lot more pension payments than renewables.

Ah ok then. Not going to bother to argue with someone who is clearly as deluded as yourself.

Goes to show how much the average amerifat knows about energy production besides what airs on MSNBC, CNN and Fox.

>Why the fuck do you give a shit anyway? Who the fuck are you? Some god damn coal industry historian or some shit? Eat a dick.
I am a realist, idiot.

Coal is around. Burning coal in the countryside (not in the middle of a densely populated city) is completely harmless, cheap and good. Why should we expense a shitton of money to build "renewables" if we have proven coal deposits for 400 years at least (not to even mention unproven deposits).

Forgot to attach pic

>be German
>import millions of illiterate shitskins to save welfare system
>kill everyone off before their pensions anyway
>cheap labor forever for coal
>all it cost was entire national identity and history

I thought we were cucked

>Natural gas

> if we have proven coal deposits for 400 years at least (not to even mention unproven deposits).

If everyone on the planet had that mentality we'd literally send Earth towards the highest CO2 levels in its entire history. Already the highest in 3-4 million years.

Also
>solar is a meme
Maybe if you don't understand how fast the market is evolving, sure

Die in a fucking pit of aids you kraut NIGGER BASTARD

They're doing this just to drive up energy costs for consumers. Industry and government are in the business of destroying most wealth and hoarding the rest for the elite. This means the people have nothing left over to fight them with. They want to keep the poor poor. Why do you think they dump all your taxes on Africa and import millions of poor people? Haven't you read 1984?

Looks like Brexit couldn't save all those coal miner jobs.

fucking hell

Fuck off, Shiite

>Coal is by far the cheapest energy source. By far.
Natural gas is very close in US now, dunno about UK.

Lmao fucking Krauts
>Muh Fukushima! Nuclear is unsafe! Ökologie is the future!
>Let's shut down all our nuclear powerplants
>Hey we don't have electricity anymore
>It's okay just buy some from France
>b-but it's nuclear produced
>Yeah but not on our land! So it's green
>Yeah but it costs more
>Don't you care about the planet goy?

>But solar is useless without storage!
Which is also advancing really fast. This graph doesn't even do it all justice - it ends at 2014, where prices were still in the range of 800$/kWh. For comparison, we're starting to see prices in the range of 450$ to 400$ per kWh

Even less justice is done to the cost per actual energy stored - that is, how much it costs to take one kWh, store it in a battery and then use it, rather than the total capacity of the battery - which is also getting smaller as the number of cycles batteries can go through increases.

All the coal migrated to Germany?

Triggered paki. Go clean my car.

While I'm in favor of switching to renewables, "coal free days" are really stupid. Coal plants are much more difficult to turn on/off than other sources like solar, hydro, or natural gas. The only source more difficult to cycle is nuclear. This is why coal and nuclear are generally used for baseline loads while alternative sources fill peak demands.

Moving to all renewables/nuclear is great, as it moves away from the anthracite jew, but arbitrarily cycling coal plants on/off for just a day is dumb.

In fact, we're almost at the point where in many places it starts making more economic sense to self-consume solar power than to use grid power, due to high energy prices, and it's only going to get better.

>being this entitled
That's why your country will stay a shithole even with all this oil money

>can't take a joke
Where are you from?

Medina

>Germany is mad we are not coalburners

>renewables base load

Burn the coal
Pay the toll

سعودي او مقيم؟

سعودي، اجل انت اللي
>can't take a joke

Blessed be the prophecy

That would certainly provide jobs but will the lazy nigger show up?

Yay, no more coal burners!

out of all the "renewabIe" meme energy sources, soIar is the onIy good one.
The onIy thing that annoys me is when peopIe caII it green, its not green, they use rare earth metaIs in the photovoItaic ceIIs, where do you think those come from.

ههه انت اللي عصبت على الصورة
معليش خلاص انتو أجدع ناس

يعني انت مصري؟

I surrender

Why would you, maghrebi?

أحب الحرب السماء

لا لا سعودي بس لهجتكم في الغربية قريبة من المصري فاستعملتها معك

We know Hanz you don't need to tell us.

I feel bad, gomennasai, burger-kun

Google translate fail

Great Britain is practically made out of coal. We'll collapse into the sea before we run out.

This, right here.

We are at the tipping point of long-lifetime solar panels combined with affordable fuel cell tech to store that energy capture. With just a slight push we can virtually take private residences off the power grid, turn them into generating stations that feed the grid instead.

>it's got stuff that's in every other electrical product so it's not good for the environment compared to coal

نعم فعلا. ترجمة سيئة عمدا. هذا هو روح الدعابة.

>so it's not good for the environment compared to coal
when did I say its as bad as coaI spastic, try again.
I'm taIking about wankers who Iike to make themseIves feel good because muh renewabIe soIar power, its not a green energy source, its better than coaI, but its not green.

>we'd literally send Earth towards the highest CO2 levels in its entire history.
It is April and cold around here. Global warming tops out at 5-6 degrees C above pre-industrial revolution levels even if CO2 levels rise to 4000 ppm (from 400ppm today).

Germany has no problem to have hotter summers and nicer winters. We would just be like Spain or Italy. We would have a better cuisine and a lot better wine!

Heck, people are starting to talk about "god" parity - i.e. the transport cost of energy on the grid being higher than the cost of self production. The transport cost is essentially impossible to lower - it's unlikely we're going to see a huge leap in energy transport technology that would lower costs in the next 50 years.

>But the liberal media supports it, so I hate it!
If this is your reasoning, then you should sit down and ask yourself why you care so much about what the MSM says. If the MSM told you to breathe, would you suffocate yourself in contrarianism?

That's not to say there isn't a flaw in how the media portrays renewables. In fact there's several:
1) Portraying wind power as the end game of renewables - spoiler alert, it's not, you can only place it in certain places and then guess what... transport costs. You're just gridcucking yourself if you think wind is going to take over.
2) Portraying renewables in general as a large-amount-of-generation thing in general - this goes hand in hand with above. While solar and storage is still expensive in low quantities, that doesn't change the fact that sticking a long distance grid onto it just makes the price shoot up. Of course, there's corporate interests to stop you from going off-grid, can't have the goyim have any kind of independence.

That's true, solar is the only good renewable long term, I talk about that in this post. Rare earth mineral extraction is overall not as bad as the alternative of continuing to use fossil fuels, if you look at studies analyzing the footprints - of course, you have to trust scientific studies, which I know some people don't, but there isn't really another alternative other to actually get hard data than those.

Plus, perovskite photovoltaics - which seem to have better efficiency and iirc, since perovskite is a pretty common and easy to extract mineral, not very polluting - are starting to become a thing, so long term that problem also has a solution

As far as I know you can't transmit electricity that far away without losing a sizable proportion of it.

because Margaret Thatcher

But you would lose your natural beauty of it being buttfuck cold. It's what your known for. It would be like if Finland lost its cold or Australia lost it's heat.

China. 100% from China.
dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1350811/In-China-true-cost-Britains-clean-green-wind-power-experiment-Pollution-disastrous-scale.html

I wish people would drop the bullshit "renewables" meme. It is like calling a financial system that trends to consumption an "economy".

Recycling is more energy intensive than processing ore, as ore has a consistent composition and weak bonds. If you take a product and break it down to its original materials you use vastly more energy. There are more toxic elements discharged in this process than coal or nuclear. Solar/Wind are the dirtiest and highest carbon-emitting forms of power. Also, cover up valuable land and are a shit fluctuating energy source.
Quite obviously a scam that only Germans would go all in on.

Burning natural gas to produce electricity should be criminal. What a waste.

who dropped all this spaghetti
what a mess

American education, our miners got btfo by Maggie and or Colombian coal prices did in the 80's

Looks nice, right?

We have a lot of coal to sell. Buy pls.

shat out of allahs anal

>tfw you'll never speak a language that literally only your compatriots can understand

Allah is most great. Mohammad is his messenger.

There are still issues with full grid independence - namely, winter time means way less energy production, which means either more solar is going to be needed (i.e. excess production in summer, not to mention nearly triple the cost) or long term storage. These issues are probably going to get solved within the next 10 to 15 years as well (most likely by the first method - it's completely within the realm of possibility that even being that inefficient is going to be worth it in terms of lower prices).

I'd be weary about the generating into the grid part - energy distributors like to impose conditions on energy generation (mostly for self-preservation reasons, though they push narratives like "you're going to upset the grid" into it), so you're going to have higher costs. This might change in the future.

1) What does recycling and solar wind have to do with one another?
2) Provide source for your claim that solar is dirtier than coal per energy produced, since every study (comparing hard values, not lib-tier feels) I've seen indicates otherwise.
3) What is roof solar
4) What is storage

But Arabic has more than half a billion native speakers

>mfw Sup Forums is literally more diverse than (((diversity)))

inb4 newfag

Not true

Europeans have Slavic

Good luck understanding those faggots

P.S. h-have we b-become the jews, lads?

when your country is so small it could be powered by 3 fags on pedal powered generators.

my opinion on soIar at this point is its the future of energy, especiaIIy with space traveI etc, but it isn't there yet.

Another thing environmentaIist Iosers aIways ignore that drives me up the waII is that for the vast majority of countries in the world, renewabIe energy isn't economicaIIy viabIe at aII, there's no way they can afford it over coaI at this point, yet greenie Iosers get aII prissy about it anyways.

Case and point, there's a bunch of protests here in AustraIia about a new coaI mine that may be opening.
It won't be used for our power pIants, its for India. India can't afford renewabIe alternatives, it can't even afford basic Iiving conditions for aII its citizens Imao. So it has two options, this mine in AustraIia with state-of-the-art equipment designed to minimise emissions, or some shitty mine that has way more emissions in some African shithoIe or something Iike that.

Greenies are such spastics.

cant they just burn korans? it's not like the country isn't infested with them

oh, is that a clean air violation?

Yes, but the rest can never understand pure Saudi arabic.
For example: عن الهياط بس

Other GCC are my compatriots too so they're cool.
خليجنا واحد

Underrated

Investment in the metal sector has been stagnant for decades. All solar installations are metal heavy. You are getting close to hundreds of kilograms of extremely obscure metals like Lanthanum for a house installation. Not to mention copper and nickel.
The metal reserves that are left are being rapidly depleted and not replaced. As energy prices rise, lower grade ore is removed from reserves, shrinking them faster.
In other words, your graph is a joke. The cost of the system needs to at least double, just to pay the cost of the metal it contains going forward. If you want to roll out these systems to more people, you will need to increase metal prices by around 5-10x. Bankrupting the entire planet in the process.
Stop wishing graphs into existence.

what?
Most sIavic Ianguages are mutuaIIy inteIIigibIe dude.