>can't defeat Germanics
>gradually absorb them into empire
>Germanics retain autonomy and protect borders
>Germanics love and adopt Roman civilization
>western emperor is weak
>Germanics overthrow western emperor and pledge loyalty to eastern emperor
>Germanic carry on Roman civilization
>Roman civilization flourishing
>Muslims invade and conquer 2/3 of Roman civilization, including the wealthiest parts of North Africa and the Levant
>Muslims cut off trade to Europe, depriving them of papyrus and food
>dark ages begin in West
>Eastern part of empire continues for 1000 years until, it too, is conquered by Muslims

Know your history. Respect your forefathers. Seek revenge.

Other urls found in this thread:

civilization.org.uk/dark-age/mohammed-and-charlemagne
youtu.be/t_Qpy0mXg8Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>American education

West Rome fell into one of the biggest traps of Empire, military over extension. West Rome was fighting wars on all sides and couldn't afford to defend itself so it withdrew itself until it was nothing.

East Rome was burned to the ground by the Fourth Crusade, sending it into a 200 year on and off civil war. It was so weak the Ottomans came in and took it and were the ones that restored Anatolia to peace and prosperity. Muslims literally returned East Rome to peace and prosperity.

>Marxist education

It must be so embarrassing to have your narrative obliterated in the first post

>completely legit flag
>secular education
most people filter those flags, he's a refugee. ignore them. he has simply a "secular" education with an obvious commie slant against anything theological or its history. wait til we get a new pope. the communists probably think their ways align with aspects of Sharia enough they can simply pay jizya. boy are they wrong, and we don't have to save either in the end. Wait til we get enough supreme court justices to convince them a "Submit" ban is no different than a commie ban.

sorry yank but I actually read history, I know books are rare in your homeland but give it a go. Maybe even start with the Fourth Crusade against the Byzantines, the actual event that they never recovered from.

Americans are so ignorant, its both funny and saddening

The jews destroyed Rome from within. Bring back the Byzantine Empire.
>Know your history. Respect your forefathers. Seek revenge.
I try everyday

i don't trigger like commies. the military taught me to be controlled in my responses to win hearts and minds while being selective of the right opportunity to make that guy blocking me not exist. It seems your strawman was addressed, and your insults mean nothing proxyfag. Please say something new or let grownups plan the new pope.

>Muslims cut off trade to Europe, depriving them of papyrus and food
my noodle is baking

So, I exposed you to a historical insight that you were previously ignorant of and, instead of enlightening yourself, you attack the messenger.

And us Americans are the uneducated?

>its a lolbertarian
oh sweety pie, I think reddit might be a better site for you. Dont take it too personnel honey boo

Egypt was the breadbasket of the empire.

Antioch and Alexandria were the wealthiest cities in Roman civilization.

Try moving beyond your narrow view of history.

That's not a historical insight, it's historically incorrect. Anatolia had been in roughly 200 years of civil war on and off thanks to Christian Europeans literally burning it to the ground and depopulating major cities. It weakened East Rome to allow the Ottomans take it over and it was the Ottomans that restored Anatolia to peace and prosperity, returning it to Superpower status for hundreds of years to come. It was literally the muslims that returned Anatolia to greatness again. Anatolia went into a slow economic decline beginning in the 1600's because the Silk Road died out, which was the main source of economic wealth for the Ottomans. To say that muslims killed Rome is to ignore 90% of what was going on between Rome and other Christian Europeans, as well as Atilla. You can't just make up a historical theory using greentext you fucking idiot

ok so you're a brainless grunt that thinks people should respect (or fear?) their veteran-ship. congrats on not getting baited, but you're still a fag

>you have to stop reading wikipedia drivel shlomo.

>dark ages begin in West
>Eastern part of empire continues for 1000 years until, it too, is conquered by Muslims

I was attributing the fall of western Rome to the Muslim invaders, not the Germans

You are talking about the eastern empire half-a-millennia later

And Anatolia is merely a geographical location. Not a civilization.

What exactly is your point, Kike?

INTERESTING THEORY

but West Rome died out over a hundred years before Muhammad was even born

Sometimes I'm really shocked at the stupidity that's present on this board. I expect better. Maybe I'm naive.

>loves judging others
>assumes a mention of veteran status is some respect demand yet constantly talks about education or lack thereof in others
>sees no irony
i'm setting context for the culturally indoctrinated by marxist propaganda. I do find it hard to believe you don't realize you're going to lose the upcoming war. Do not forget proxyfag this is a Christian board of peace, and there are no basements in my part of california.

WRE fell because of infighting and invasion. It became a warrior's world, full of chaos, with no strong secure empire to foster great minds. A shit ton of knowledge was not passed down as it had been before, and was lost until the Renaissance.

Wrong

The western emperor was deposed but western Roman civilization continued to flourish

In fact, the senate in Rome would continue to exist for centuries after "the fall" of western Rome.

You are pants on headed retarded or a total ignorant even for a burger.

Wake up, fool

please please please take your theory to /his/ and try to discuss this idea with them. lmao

Ostrogoths literally sacked Rome and was ruling the old territories in the 500's. Muhammad still wouldn't be born for another 100+ years. So are we still blaming the Muslims for ending Rome? Or perhaps it was the Ostrogoths, you know, the people that actually sacked Rome and were ruling post-Roman italy? holy fuck I can't believe you're still trying to defend this

ok tough guy lmao

are you frantically googling Roman history in a desperate attempt to prove Muslims destroyed Rome before they even existed?

It wasn't the Ostrogoths or the Visigoths. It was Odoacer, whose tribal allegiance is unknown. Later, the Eastern emperor would hire the Goths to overthrown Odoacer. Later still, the emperor would attack these Goths, leading to the Gothic wars which is the cause of most of Rome's physical destruction.

All of these people believed themselves to be part of Roman civilization and we're trying to uphold Roman civilization.

The notion of antagonistic Germans attempting to destroy Roman civilization is a false meme.

Islam, was the eventual conqueror and destroyer.

Wake the fuck up.

Shut up and learn, moron.

>Germanics love and adopt Roman civilization
lol

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about

I guess the Jews have taught you well

civilization.org.uk/dark-age/mohammed-and-charlemagne

He's still trying to argue Muslims destroyed Rome almost 200 years before Muhammad was born

You're a fucking idiot. Truly.

kys

I'm going to keep bumping this thread so more people can see this. It's autism to the levels Sup Forums has never seen.

yeah I'm the idiot for not agreeing Muslims destroyed West Rome before Muhammad was born. Is there something about time travel the muslims aren't telling us?

>Muslims literally returned East Rome to peace and prosperity.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA tou fucking americans crack me up

Yes bud, I realise as a Cypriot it is hard to understand, but your once great Byzantine Empire was destroyed by the Fourth Crusade and spent about 200 years in civil war. The Ottomans conquered Anatolia and restored it to peace, stability and prosperity. So strong that they threatened all of Europe. The 200 year stretch between the Fourth Crusade and Ottoman take over anarchy. It was the Ottomans that fixed it.

But, monotheism did destroy Rome. It makes little difference which version. Submission to the fire giant is still submission to the fire giant.

BUMP

everyone come read how this guy here thought Muslims destroyed West Rome before Muhammad was born

>I watched bow tie faggot and now let be pretend to be an expert on Roman history

Watch this.
youtu.be/t_Qpy0mXg8Y

Well, here it is.

Anatolia was anarchy since the sasanid invasion. Home to warlords such as Osman even before the crusades

>>Germanic carry on Roman civilization
>>Muslims cut off trade to Europe, depriving them of papyrus and food
Please educate yourself.

ehhh not really. Rome still had its old religion by the time the Republic turned into Imperial Rome. The last generation of Romans in the Republic Era would continue to pay lip service to 'Roman values' but by this point it was just that, paying lip service. If you read the contemporaries, everyone is saying the only important Roman still hanging on to the old values is Cato the Younger. He died with Republican Rome.

Imperial Rome would keep growing while it was Christian but eventually it fell into one of the biggest traps of Empire, which was over extension. It became more costly to protect itself than the tax revenue it was earning, so it kind of just slowly imploded.

yes i've seen it. He's a physicist, not a historian. Also his comparison of Muslim vs Christian wars is a meme. Christianity spread through Europe through the sword exactly the same way Islam did. but he conveniently left that off his map because he decided to compare apples and oranges (crusades vs every single muslim battle ever). It's a meme video done by a guy who should stick to his field

Roman civ didnt stop in 476 fucking idiot. The roman way of life continued under the Germans. Dark ages started with the rise of the caliphate

No there wasn't any anarchy in Asia Minor. There was death caused by turk invasion.

>le Desu Vult
STOP LARPING

>The roman way of life continued under the Germans
No it did not. Charlemagne barely knew Latin, couldn't write and his ability to read is questioned while the eastern emperors were fluent in greek and latin.

The general consensus among historians is that West Rome ended in 476.

Muhammad was born in what? 650? ergo. Muslims didn't destroy Rome

Charlemagne lived in germany. Not in Italy and not in Rome

The state ended. To acquire legitimacy the new rulers tried to Romanize and the senate lived on in Italy.

The main part of his empire was in France but still the only educated man in Western Europe at the time was the Pope.

>Muslims literally returned East Rome to peace and prosperity.

yes they literally did this. Anatolia was in anarchy for 200 years following the Fourth Crusade and the Ottomans conquered it, made it the core of their Empire, the most powerful and wealthiest Empire in the world until the Silk Road died.

It is quite ironic actually. One of the reasons for the italian renaissance is because after the fall of Constantinople all the byzantine scholars fled to Italy.

Nigger Karl the Great was the guy responsible for spreading Latin again after it started failing, he also spread literacy and education in general, Google the carolingian renaissance.

PS: he also spread christianity, you stupid fucking gypsy

One of the reasons for the "anarchy" you talk about is because of turkish invasions in Asia Minor.

History is full of these funny ironies. Mongols depopulated Persia by 70%-90% but they're largely the reason the Persian language survived and hasn't really changed in 1000 years. Basically, they set up a dynasty following their conquests called the Ilkhanates, who got their hands on a Persian Epic called the Shahnameh. Something like 1/3 of the books surviving from 800 years ago are copies of the Shahnameh made by the Mongols. If not for this than Iran would almost certainly be speaking Arabic or Turkish right now as those would have been the languages adopted by the government and court

Another irony of history is that ultra-conservative Judaism was almost extinct during the rise of Hitler. WW2 and their migration to Israel saved them and revived them. Hitler saved Orthodox Judaism and the Hebrew langauge

Anatolia was by then being turkified slowly, which isn't exaclty a positive thing because we all know what Turks are. Also it became a gigantic shithole, you even see the effects nowadays. The only prosperous parts were Constantinople, parts of the Aegean and Egypt, and even then the native populations were treated harshly if they were Christian. Not to mention that most of the wealth the Ottomans gained was with a harsh tax imposed on the Christian populations of the Ottoman Empire just for their war funds,k they contributed absolutely nothing to the world other than death and misery

>The roman way of life continued under the Germans
The eastern Roman empire survived for over 1000s years, you know.

Does this refute anything I said? Byzantium was the most advanced nation at that time. Also Charlemagne only spread the nicaen form of Christianity because he attacked arian Christians.

Not at all. The Seljuks had been invading Anatolia from beforehand (they were the reason the First Crusade was launched), however the Seljuks were very hands off and left people alone. The Anatolian areas under their rule remained Greek and Armenian. It was the Ottomans that began Turkifying Anatolia.

also didn't notice you're an aussie here, my bad

Yes and?

>Hitler saved Orthodox Judaism and the Hebrew langauge

Yea i know.

ok homos. I'm off. It's obviously this faggot here is sperging out somewhere and flipped his plate of tendies because history didn't turn out like his worldview.

so long!

>The Anatolian areas under their rule remained Greek and Armenian.
Wrong. After the Nicaeans began focusing on reclaiming Greece and Constantinople, they left their eastern borders unguarded which meant that the Turks would began raiding and settling without being opposed. Why do you think the Ottomans sprang up suddenly in an area near the Bosphorus despite there having no Turks in the first place?

How can you say that the Germans continued being Romans when the Roman empire already existed even after the fall of Rome? The HRE were larpers.

The Roman way of life in Italy continued for several centuries after 476