Majored in CS at Stanford

>majored in CS at Stanford
>4.0 GPA
>had internships at Google, Facebook, and Uber each summer
>Can't find a job for the life of me
>my liberal cousin got a job making $130,000 as a "Diversity Engineer" at SpaceX

Why oh why did I fall for the STEM meme? Just fucking kill me.

Other urls found in this thread:

everydayfeminism.com/2017/04/cissexist-say-never-date-trans/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sounds like you fell for the trying to be successful as a white male meme.

So much bullshit in this OP.

I looked up what an old friend was up to just last night. He's a software engineer at google. Funny thing is he's only been programming 2 years and I can tell from his github that he's not very good. His solutions to some of the euler problems were hilariously bad.

Only thing that makes sense is he got the job because he's a raging SJW. One of his side projects had some political theme so he probably just talked about bernie sanders during his whole interview.

Should have went geology

The mining industry is still full of good ol boys
make up to 200k with a masters
around 100k with a bachelors

the leaf............................................................................................................................................................................................................makes a good post

this thread is fake and gay

>geology
get out rocktard you make nothing

>CS
>STEM

LOL

honestly i wouldn't doubt it..diversity engineer is a real thing

same with articles like this everydayfeminism.com/2017/04/cissexist-say-never-date-trans/

Check disabled Hispanic with "other" gender on your job applications. If they question you tell them to check their privilege. Guaranteed job.

No, you fell for the CS meme. I don't want to come out as an ass, but remember how a few years back they were pushing for those areas?

Now don't let me wrong, there are some good private and some decent public sector jobs for areas in CS, now they just want to offshore all those jobs to India and Asia cheaply.

I studied EE, a bit easier to find internships depending on what your focus area is. If you have proficient programming skills it's a nice plus. Places I have had internships they have been cutting the number of CS students, it's also a very saturated degree program.

You may have to move around before finding a decent job that will take you. May not be easy now with the federal freeze but it depends which sector you choose to work for. I had to work some shitty IT jobs before I got the jobs I wanted, you'll find something, you'll need to show you're more qualified than the shitskins and "i wanna make vidya gaymes xdd" people.

>Falling for the Stanford meme
Is OP a cuck or what?

No one is going to hire the CS grads at Stanford, the whole point is those grads start companies with Stanford MBAs, which get acquihired 2 years later

How did you not know this?

Every cs grad without a product or company is a fucking joke, and he SJW engineers get cushy retard jobs inside Facebook and google working on literally splash pages for holidays while the acquired companies scale their products

Git gud

bullshit

Wtf is "Diversity Engineer"?

>everybody on this board has a phD in a STEM field and is being held back by diversity

Lmao k faggot

You seem knowledgeable at your CS job. I have a question, how much does the H1B visa system fuck over white Americans? I've listened to a podcast and I learned that poos and shitskins stay in entry level jobs. Screwing over Americans.

Trump is cracking down on H1B.

After working in IT for a while, they eat up those jobs. You could have Indian guys with Master's degrees working for IT, because they simply don't know how to actually move up and go somewhere else.

And there's the quote now saying, "they are unwanted, underrepresented, etc.". They're full of shit. HR knows they can be decent to have, now just to fit their diversity quotas. They almost never negotiate their wages, and they will work overtime whenever asked.

I built custom PC's for some of those guys too, the decent ones at least. They legit don't know what they're doing half the time, make me wonder how the hell they ever qualified for those jobs.

because nobody told me :(

I have autism and my parents said I have to go to school so I can get a job. How am I supposed to know all these things?

Nice shitpost

someones jelly :3

of quartz you are

>CS
Well, make something out of it
Put to use what you learned there
If you didn't learn anything useful, why do you think people would hire you just because of a piece of paper you got with no useful skills to go with it?

What the fuck did you learn about CS in Stanford?

I didn't really learn anything. All the classes were too easy so I got A's while smoking weed and playing videogames all day.

I want to die. Why is life so horrible? And the worst part is I don't get any girls.

Believe it when I see it. Lost my CS job five years ago and now I'm too old for anyone to want to hire. So it does fuck all for me. Plus, I haven't touched a line of code since then.

look up soil scientist salaries

What's the last 2 classes you remember attending?

Networks and Algorithms

No job? Too many Pajeet H1b's doing jobs Americans won't do

It's always good to see villains like Zuckerberg lose, at least, so take pleasure in that much.

That's entry level
You haven't majored in anything you little shit

that's not entry level, those were 4000 level classes.

Big time. Some companies let Indians choose who to hire and they will only hire other Indians. That's how they multiply like cockroaches in those organizations.

What's really annoying is how they suck up to everybody above them and piss on everybody below them.

or I guess that explains why I'm having trouble getting a job. I guess my education wasn't as good as it was supposed to be.

Pajeet is getting his walking papers with Trump in charge. Trump is already moving against H1B as we speak, hates cucks like Zuckerberg, and will make tech jobs great again.

Butthurt, greedy tech companies have already threatened to move to Canada and shit, but Trump will simply tax them into oblivion so any profits from selling out Americans will vanish.

wtf is diversity engineer?

Do you even have a B.S. in CS?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHARSTYARESMTHE FUCKING BELIEVES IT

Sounds like you fell for the b8

Yes.

Nice trips
If you really can't find a job, consider becoming a CS professor somewhere.

>EE/CE/CS triple major at MIT, 4.0 GPA
>been programming since I was 12 years old, ran an online business during highschool and worked as a freelance programmer
>internships at google, raytheon, US department of defense, and honeywell
>masters degree in machine learning
>graduated in 2015
>since then the only job I got was a 6 month temp contract for web developing making $14/h

Feel bad man, luckily my backup plan to work as a male model and personal fitness trainer is working

Sorry leaf, but no money or jobs are going north of the border. Look for yourself at the latest developments in Trumps move on H1B. Trump copped out on lots of things, but putting America first is real.

Your education was probably fine although you paid an inflated price for it and you won't use a quarter of what you learned. Besides, in seven-ten years it will all be obsolete, and you'll have to start over. I've been there and it's not fun.

Money is not really the issue, at least on the entry level. The problem is that if you're white and the guy who's interviewing you is an Indian, you might as well get up and walk out. Indians will only hire other Indians.

The Indian that they hire will have gone to some diploma mill there and got his credential after only a year or two. That is, if it's even real. Forged credentials are a way of life over there.

How do you not get an offer from the places you interned? Learn to hide your power level you fucking autists.

This is actually true

>be white male
>go to unheard of college to get CS degree
>graduate with 3.6 GPA
>get junior dev job offer at Bank
>because I went there in person and asked for it

You're full of shit OP.

Because they didn't major in CS and you should stop taking everything that is posted here as a true story

I did philosophy and added CS for the hell of it, and it's funny that staying in the humanities looks better than the STEM meme all the time. Get tenure in history, phi, or such, and publishing bullshit subjective papers is easy and you literally BS your way through classes, show videos, and fucking profit.

Sure beats being a cubicle slave alongside scores of Pajeets, making shekels for your overseers.

The difference is that the people who make it in tech actually enjoy tech. Anyone doing it for the money is an idiot. There's easier ways.

>>Can't find a job for the life of me
Get out of silicon valley. There are other tech hubs looking for talent, and the money they pay you will go further.

Untrue and a 6 on the Kinsey.

No one who gets a 4.0 GPA at Stanford would have trouble finding work in their field. Make your bullshit a bit less smelly.

>What's really annoying is how they suck up to everybody above them and piss on everybody below them.

So like everybody else who did that to them...

It's a fucking cycle, dipshit. Some prick will piss on you while sucking their bosses off, and eventually, when you get promoted, that's all you know how to do as well.

It's not just poos who do it, it's everyone.

How do you get into mining industry?

Physics major at Ivy here

>The problem is that if you're white and the guy who's interviewing you is an Indian, you might as well get up and walk out. Indians will only hire other Indians.

True.

But the same systems exist for white people too. Good ol' boy networks still exist, where unless you play hockey with the boss's kids, forget about standing a shot.

t.guy with an internship who plays hockey with his boss' son.

Other poos in class with better GPAs are still looking...

Did you specialize in anything? Are you good at programming? Do you have a Github with good code on it?

I went to a shit tier school and had no trouble finding a job. How many places have you applied to? How many interviews have you gotten?

>inb4 more to CS than programming

True, most of my career, I really didn't think about how much I made. It was more than I could spend anyway. I was actually a bit embarrassed when they kept giving me raises because I felt they'd expect more from me. But that was back during the defense build-up in the go-go 80's when I started out.

Speaking of which, I believe it's still the case that companies that do contracts for the military have a requirement that all employees working on them must be US citizens. You might have to relocate, but it's better than nothing.

There's no fucking way this is possible.

fake and gay

Do a degree in mining engineering or in mining engineering technology.

Or become a Miner.

Starting is decent at $70-90K. Mid level can be lucrative if you're good. Smart people get absorbed by corporate ($150K+)

Of course we had our suck-ups. Everyplace has a few. The difference with Indians is that almost all are like that. It's like the caste system is bred into them.

>Of course we had our suck-ups. Everyplace has a few. The difference with Indians is that almost all are like that. It's like the caste system is bred into them.

I'm not saying that you're wrong. Poos do that shit and it's fucking infuriating.

But stand in their place and think. Who would you hire? Middle class Billy who had a relatively relaxed life and upbringing, or Raj, who fought and clawed his way from shithole to being something of worth.

Who's gonna be more loyal to you? Billy, who is white, or Raj, who is your skin color?

Who is gonna follow your directions, instructions better? Billy, who subconsciously thinks of himself as above you, or Raj, who wants to please you.

Do you want a wanna be Alpha or a happy Beta?

It depends on where you are. It depends on what kind of business that company does and whether they go with outsourcing as a policy.

Most of the H1-B's work for companies like Cognizent, Infosys, etc. Companies contract with them at fixed price and they supply whoever from Chennai to fill positions. Since they're not employees, they don't have to get benefits and since they're on visas, they're exempt from Obamacare. So they're much cheaper than just looking at salaries.

I'm going into CE. Am I save from The Pajeets?

Nope.

Prepare your anus for the diarrhea shits from eating the curry.

Protip: It's spicy as shit, will destroy anus. Eat sweet food to cool it down.

Ffs I saw that threat this morning and thought "it'll be a shitty forced meme by this afternoon"

I WAS RIGHT. SAGE SLIDE THREADS.

At least try to make it sound believable, instead of just listing buzzwords.

CS majors with 2.5 GPAs and internships at their mayor's offices can get jobs thrown at them.

You worked at Google, Facebook, and Uber each summer?

If Billy or Raj is reasonably bright and I can work with him, I'd hire either one of them, maybe both if I had the reqs.

The chance is that Billy will do a better job because he might have some initiative and use his judgement. Raj will do exactly as I tell him and won't question anything even if I give him bad information.

Do I give a shit about Raj's sob story of a life? Not one fucking bit. And if Billy waltzes in thinking he's hot shit, he'll find out soon enough, and I won't be the only one to let him know.

>4.0 GPA in CS from Harvard
>internships at SpaceX and Google
>released multiple award-winning multi million dollar mobile applications
>can't find a job in IT

>my liberal cousin got a job making $130,000 as a "Diversity Engineer" at SpaceX

This never happened - Musk is too autistic for something like that.

>Do I give a shit about Raj's sob story of a life? Not one fucking bit. And if Billy waltzes in thinking he's hot shit, he'll find out soon enough, and I won't be the only one to let him know.

Who gives a shit what you think? If they did, they'd pay you for it. Rahul gets to make that call, and that's what they pay him for. If Rahul doesn't want to hire Billy and wants to hire Raj, then so he will.

>The chance is that Billy will do a better job because he might have some initiative and use his judgement. Raj will do exactly as I tell him and won't question anything even if I give him bad information.

Some people want obedience, some want free thinkers. Depends on the job, depends on the person. Entry level jobs don't require thinking, not usually.

lel, if you're going for the engineer meme just go for actual engineer stuff. CS in is for plebs anyway, githubs and CS-related hobbies are a must anyways

>This never happened - Musk is too autistic for something like that.

Implying Musk would risk his goals for some false-sense of morality or superiority.

Only thing the guy has at this point is public approval, and the last thing he will do it jeopardize that. $130K/yr for a black tranny is chickenshit compared to the $1.4B he just unlocked.

Tldr: you don't risk billions to save thousands, or cut off the hand that feeds you.

SpaceX is not publicly traded you fucking leaf.

>he fell for the white collar meme

You should've opted for blue. Almost no sjws in sight and companies tend to keep them in offices.

Go fix planes.

I'm planning on studying my CS masters in USA with a plan to go OPT and green card, this should still be feasible right? Or will I have to use the MAVNI program and join the military to stay? Will Trump kicking out the Pajeets mean there is a lot more room for white Brits on OPT?

well do you write programs or not???

i doubt youd have any trouble if you knew how to do that.

clearly you are an idiot if you could not turn any of those opportunities into a job
hahahah fuck you

>SpaceX is not publicly traded you fucking leaf.

Tesla is. Both companies' value to determined by people's faith and perception of Musk.

If mass media shits on him, both go down the drain.

Fucking Alpine niggers. Fuck off to your shitty mountains and fat girls.

Guys i make 255k/yr as a patent attorney and i hate life

>Who gives a shit what you think?
I'm the one hiring and that's one of the things I'm getting paid for. That's why what I think matters.

>Rahul gets to make that call, and that's what they pay him for. If Rahul doesn't want to hire Billy and wants to hire Raj, then so he will.
If Rahul wants Raj for his group, I really don't give a shit. His hire, his problem if he doesn't work out. Why am I wasting my time interviewing then? I got fucking work to do.

Are all Leafs are like this? Good I never had to interview one.

Bullshit, tech internships result in automatic job offers as long as you don't rape anyone or piss anyone off.

Stanford doesn't have 4000 level classes. Undergrad level classes are numbered in the 200s and grad level classes are 300s.

Why?

Companies have to bend over for diversity or get sued so i beleive it

If ur a white male at a big company there is a ceiling and a non white will get ur job if he has decent credentials

>I'm the one hiring and that's one of the things I'm getting paid for. That's why what I think matters.

Good for you. Do what you think is best. idc if you hire either, both can go fuck themselves desu.

>If Rahul wants Raj for his group, I really don't give a shit. His hire, his problem if he doesn't work out. Why am I wasting my time interviewing then? I got fucking work to do.

That's more like it. Tell Rahul to his face how much of a bitch he is. Tell Raj on your way out that he's gotta go back, as well.

>Are all Leafs are like this? Good I never had to interview one.

Rational and having the ability to empathize like a normal human being? Yeah, I think so... Autistic amerisharts won't understand, they're too busy cheering as Paco is deported back...

> had internships at Google, Facebook and Uber each summer
> did not get a conversion offer

$200k attorney here can confirm. Since making money I just get to be lonely in a nicer apartment and with more 0's on the screen when I check my account balance.

So does Sup Forums actually have any evidence of companies hiring non-whites more than whites?

IT is not engineering

>$200k attorney here can confirm. Since making money I just get to be lonely in a nicer apartment and with more 0's on the screen when I check my account balance.

Move out of the city senpai. Move to a smaller town, and find a job there. Money isn't as good, but who cares? You'll save more, eat better, and maybe find better girls.

No point slaving away for big corps. Having a family is important. You won't ever have free time, but fuck that. Unless you have legit hobbies with legit end goals (like mountain climbing and shit), you're just gonna waste it on here.

Back then, one of the things we had a contract for were some systems on Canadian RCAF F/A-18's. Right now, I wish I could go back in time and reprogram the weapon control system to randomly release bombs, hopefully over populated areas.

>So does Sup Forums actually have any evidence of companies hiring non-whites more than whites?

Go to Microsoft's offices. Or Jewgle's. Or Facebooks'. Or Amazon's.

More Asians (chinks and Poos) than anyone else. A lot of white autists too, but it tilts towards Asians.

Heretic
You should be burned at the steak!

>falling for a meme degree
Should've cut your genitals off and studied womens studies because you're clearly too stupid to network

Nice b8

This scenario is an impossibility
You're a LARPing faggot

Haha, I made 150k last year when I begun my job as a chef at a local restaurant! I can't believe people still study years only to make nothing