Why do East Asians Always Have White Names?

Anyone ever notice this?
I work at a university and meet people from all over the planet. Every time I meet someone from mainland China or Korea, their name are always SUPER white. Like, "Cassandra", "Fiona", "Alexander" or "Timothy."

What explains this?

Theories?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Hong_Kong_people
kgw.com/news/crime/deputies-searching-for-man-who-set-dennys-customer-on-fire/432668429
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because they have manners and want to fit in.

So much this.
Because they don't want to tourture there hosts with fucking clicks, grunts and fricatives.

Job applications.

they actually try to assimilate to our culture
which is good
unlike blacks and mexicans and arabs

Because they want to integrate you fucking retarded leaf.

Yup, sometimes you get strange names because the Chinese name translates into stripper sounding name, like Candy or Angel.

They look up to the white man

Because it isn't their birth name.

They change it for college. Was an RA and had a kid whose name was Zong Fang and then changed to Neil half way through the year.

Vivian a cute

Because they're wannabe white cucks. It would be like a white person moving to Africa and naming their white kid Mokumbo Unbenge Stevens or some shit

+ Chinese names can be hard to pronounce, particularly because of tonality. So when they get sick of people fucking up their name a million times they change it.

Knew a girl once who changed it to Apple, lol.

Their parents wanted them to fit in better.

They actually put an effort into assimilating so their children have a real chance at a better life.

they chose their western names, when they start studying english in elementary school.
combine that with their english teachers usually being incompetent as fuck and you get these kinds of names.
I've met chinese with "western" names like rainbow and sunday

I knew a Vietnamese guy named Dong. Changed his name to Doug. heheh

They choose white names because they want to fit in. It's weird because only Chinese do it. All the gooks and japs tend to keep their birth names.
Most of the time Chinese will just choose something that sounds kinda like their birth name.

As an asian myself I can answer this. They believe in so called magic dirt theory and are not aware of racial differences. You can see the worship of the tip of iceberg of western culture such as classical music,adopting western names, and even to some extent conversion to Christianity, but you never see the embrace the the deeper socio economic and political end of Western civ. They do not realize that adopting the culture does not change their genetics or aptitude. Hence why Asians always vote for big government and open borders and why, with the exception of Japan to some extent, that most East Asian countries are socialized.

They adopt Western names as alternatives to their actual names to make life easier for everyone

because they know foreigners make fun of their chinese names.

"LMAO CHING CHONG DING DONG"

>The fucking quotation(s)
How the hell has nobody pointed it out yet? kek.

kinda like how some weebs wish they were called japanese names
the names are foreign and thus exotic to them
or, when they were born here, it's because they're trying to assimilate

their parents are smart

they want their kids to assimilate

they know muhamad is a retarded name in the West

also see black people going full retard with names for no reason

Because they wish they were white.

I don't blame them. They also cling to muh IQ as if their lives depended on it because they need to distract you from the historic white/asian racial achievement gap.

A lot of them convert to Christianity and take Christian names too.I know an Apple from Thailand, a girl named Keith from the Philippines, and a Taiwanese named Helen, and many more. And then I grew up with fucking "Meechi", "La'Derrick" and "Punkin'". Guess what race they were.

Cultural appropriation

All sorts of slant eyes have shitloads of achievements, it's just that their government/societal structure has always been absolutely retarded but that has to do with their religious perspective. As far as their inventions/architecture they've accomplished various feats.

My Japanese name is Kentaro, but you can call me Ken-Sama.

>want mexicans to assimilate
>culture is basically 100% european
>rape culture only exists because youre left fringe wants to protect rapists and murderers from being deported and usa grown gangbangers are not put to death

They have two different names. I went to MoCo and the Asians there are fobs. They have their American name and their birth name. Because it's easier to do things with a name like Samantha in NA than with a name like Xipangua.

It's interesting how they choose their names. This girl I met said she watched a ton of American movies before she decided on Paige.

4, 2, 3, 1

They use two first names, their Asian birth name and a chosen western name for over here. It's actually nice they attempt to assimilate unlike damn near every other non-white immigrant.

Interestingly, overseas Japanese do not usually adopt foreign names. Perhaps this is because so few of them leave Japan so the sample size is tiny compared to Chinese and shit, but factor in Japanese history as being "honorary whites" and superior to Asians and the gaijin name is not good enough for the Nip. Jap names are pretty easy for westerners to deal with too, fuck Akira is a piece of pop culture - compared with crazy tonal shit in Chinese and use of letters like X.

Maybe nowadays

When I was in school back in the 80s and 90s every fucking gook I ever met had dong, dung, tsung, leung, chung, cheung, chong, cheong, etc as a first name. That was just the guys. Koreans and vietnamese and Cambodians. Thankfully all of them took nicknames but there were still some I went to school with for 12 years who never learned a fuckin word of english.

Also big ups to all the Vietnamese people with Ho as a last name. Endless joke fuel. Especially Mai Ho. The bitch who failed drivers ed and spoke no english in 12 years.

P.s. Fuck gooks. They smell.

Cucked by Christianity

This girls are Cantonese. Even Cantonese people in Hong Kong have westernized names, it's something left over from the British.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Hong_Kong_people

/thread

Because they get to pick their own Western name.

Nobody wants to be called something retarded.
So they pick something normal.

Also they probably only know decent "white" names to begin with.

>mfw non white have english name

Kim Nguyen a cute. CUTE!!!

I live in a higher asian populated area relative tot he rest of my state. They have 1950s style names often like Larry or Henry. Hey it's better than some white kid named "Jax" or some horrible shit like that

Most of the time even people born in East Asia comes to the USA or Europe they actually change their original name. If not legally they just tell everyone their name is alyssa or whatever popular girl name.

This is because they actually respect other cultures.

I want mexicans to leave not assimilate.

Generally they don't directly translate like that, the person simply picks a new name.

Literally this not why. You clearly don't know any Asians that moved overseas proxyfag.

Why do east Asians call their children names like tib, top, pin, pof, dip, dom, mir, ist and bur? Because they have absolutely no immigration.

Still way better than white women desu

>bur
Last name of Zum would be good with that name in Norway.

this girl's name is Elly

It all makes sense now, this guy was really just telling us his name!

gooks are self hating and do whatever they can, be it bleaching their skin coloring their hair or changing their name, to become more anglo/aryan.

Why is it they pick a new name it's really old? I've met Bernice, Vivian, Sally, Frank, Bob, Wendy, etc. All of them were Asians

On an unrelated note, many Christian Indian names with Biblical origins

Might as well ask why anyone not white have an english name?
Like I wouldn't want to be named Dong Phuc and then find out it means something else in another language.

I'm asian and my mom and I have irish names, my name has a scottish name.

It's literally only a form of assimilation they're a reverse borg they assimilate into whatever culture they find themselves in to succeed. It's the most redemptive quality of the Gookatron operating system.

We had a Chinese guy called Merlin in our class because that show had just come out and he thought it was a cool and common anglo name. He had an insane study ethic and quickly rose to the top of every class and won all these student awards so his name was a really common occurrence at assembly. He was a chill guy too, obsessed with titties and Spiderman.

Literally they are machines left here by humanoid aliens that had their memories wiped and now they roam the earth doing all of our really hard math for us

Elly has a lovely dick.

He shoulder blades are HOT!

Taught English in rural China for a year. They all had Western names picked out when beginning to learn the language, so theyre often generic or "old". Had one student who changed his name to whomever was President, ie "Bush" the "Obama".

*dad has a scottish name

This is true. Even here we find Asian people with names like Kevin, etc.

My question to you though is,
When is Sweden going to learn to change their own names to Mohammed as an act of good will to their Arabian guests?

More importantly why don't native blacks?

Tyron
Tyrell
Tyree
Jamal
DeShawn
DeAndre
Laquasha
Ladasha
Lasagna
Latrine

It feels like they're having a contest to see who can come up with the most outlandish string of syllables.

Asian here, whats a good American girl name? Not too old though, like Barbie

It's because the Anglo-blacks who have no real independent culture of their own (due to the English being more effective at 'integrating' them in the slavery era) are jealous of the French-blacks who have their own Creole language and Caribbean culture. So they add in the weird hyphens and French-sounding tongue twisters and the 'Le's and the 'La's because they want to pretend to be a cultured Frenchnigger.

Esther

Because they think changing their name is part of integration. They take Anglo names that sound similar to their given names. One Chinese student I know changed his name from Fan Yiming to Jeremy Fan.

Thanks for explaining Koreabro, I was wondering about that for a while.

For example, the guy who set someone on fire in my state (Oregon if you don't have the extra flags extension) is named Deshaun James Swanger.
kgw.com/news/crime/deputies-searching-for-man-who-set-dennys-customer-on-fire/432668429

Their government makes them choose a Western name from a list before they emigrate from ching chong land. A Chinaman from Shanghai actually told me that.

Because asians over niggers

And this French-sounding bullshit originated from my home state, Louisiana.

The odd thing is, I'm Cajun and speak French and all the creole and French-speaking blacks have regular names. I mean, we love giving our kids old-fashioned Anglo names because they were popular at the time and we tried very, very hard to seem normal, so you see Cajuns and creoles/French-speaking blacks with names similar to our's like Percy, Glenn, Irene, and so on. Yeah, they're old fashioned, but they're normal around here.

The blacks who are from the northern part of Louisiana and share nothing with us culturally have some of the most outlandish names you've ever heard.

Are you joking or my fellow Taiwanese countrymen this dumb now? Christ.

>English is lingua franca of world.
>English names are easier for whites/foreigners/potential employers to read and pronounce.
>Actually assimilating.

It's happening to philippines as well.
The mainland chinese, spanish & murricans all influenced the naming conventions here
so you get names like
>juan dela cruz
>david chong
>katherine luningning

Sounds like the difference between authentic culture and trying very hard, like the "muh cultural identity" snowflakes. I wish people would take pride in their own accomplishments instead of looking for automatic self-esteem. Glad that Louisiana French is still alive btw.

Its called assimilation. You know, literally what youre supposed to do if you suddenly show up in a foreign land

why are the names always older.

they're normal, but slightly uncommon.

>Vivian
>Charles
>Eunice
>Walter

What do you mean "happening" in the Philippines as if that is new? Hispanic names for Filipinos has been a thing since the Spanish colonization. From what I hear it is actually becoming less common these days now that there is a more unified Filipino identity.

I want an asian GF desu

>checks flag
>Abu Saladin Al Muhadi Abdeen bin Allal Jazier was behind this post

Knew one black girl who was called Latrine.
Her mother chose it cause it sounded chique.

Every euro knows it means toilet.
Man she had a hard time here.

Go to Munich its teaming with qt's

This is the truth. I work at a bank and 90% of the Mexicans I do business with use fake names for their business. On paper they are John Smith, but in reality they are Jose Sanchez. Americans would rather hire other Americans so I can understand why they'd choose to use a different name.

This is changing. At my school I can tell there are Chinese that resent having western names. It triggers them just like the Queue haircut

Yeah, that word is known to mean toilet in every English speaking country.

The fact that she has not changed it shows how retarded she is.

Man, black women have little to no redeeming qualities.

Fuck off.
Is it really?

>42% french and german
BAGUETTE'D

I want to hold hands with Vivian.

yea Chinese Koreans and Taiwanese mostly i noted.
Usually highly educated expat girls and foreign students.

Which would you prefer?
>"Hello, my name is Kate"

>"Hello, my name is Chingchongnipnongwallawallabingbang

Bonjour, s'il vous plait.

Just saw at the bar an asian fine lady and so naturally as my horny insticts tell me I ask why are you all alone at the corner? So all the sudden a +30 year old man pops up as says she's her fiance fuck off. I say what every normal human being would say, why she is sitting alone in the corner I was just wondering? So the man gets all aggro, which clearly is verbal since I am over taller and more muscular than him. Eventually I say since I like to not punch someones teeth missing instead: Sorry to bother you I guess I was just a bit out of the line. I bet the guy was rich, so the main point here..probably because it attracts rich white guys?
>TLDR Rich White Guys pick them easier

This,it's funny to watch in spain when they sometimes have spanish names.
t.rice burner

From which region do you think did the Franks come from?

Guten tag, bitte.
Should have annexed you, you l i t t e r a l non country.

>Chinese Koreans and Taiwanese
I see. Thanks but I'll pass then.

I've seen a black person named "Da Jzon".

How the fuck do you pronounce that?

this happens in their home countries as well

Already happening
>Be on bus
>Staring at nothing blankly after 10h of wageslaving
>There's a kid and her parents in front of me
>The dad tells his kid to stop making a fuss
>The kid and the parents are all blonde and looking like Hitler's wet dream
>The kid's name was Abdul
I spent at least 20 seconds trying to find a dark haired kid before i realized the blonde kid was the one named Abdul.

They usually have typical Asian names but choose a western name to be called by.

for the same reason that drumpf was changed to trump