What's your best argument for defending Christianity and God? Or at least a good point they can't refute

What's your best argument for defending Christianity and God? Or at least a good point they can't refute.

Up in Washington we're liberal as fuck, and I like to start shit with my co-workers so what do you got?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=y-uuk4Pr2i8
beliefnet.com/resourcelib/docs/44/letter_from_benjamin_franklin_to_ezra_stiles_1.html
youtube.com/watch?v=-0olc3qJjLM
youtube.com/watch?v=oPZyVPATMj0
evangelicalarminians.org/index-of-articles-by-robert-hamilton/
evangelicalarminians.org/robert-hamilton-election-in-romans-chapter-nine/
evangelicalarminians.org/robert-hamilton-the-order-of-faith-and-election-in-johns-gospel-you-do-not-believe-because-you-are-not-my-sheep/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bible is the word of God. There's your argument. Nukeproof and stings them atheists although they will try to laugh it off as "a fairy tale."

If I am wrong about god, I have wasted my life, if you are wrong about god, however, you have wasted your eternity.

db8ing is pointless really. The liberals are so stuck up in their thinking and overflowing with sinful pride that they will do everything they can to not acknowledge your faith and deny it at any cost, even though they KNOW deep down that you're right.

I'm an atheist but I do recognise Christianity as a force for good in the world. Christianity adapts to the culture of its followers, and that is both a strength and a weakness. It is a strength because its values can be mostly agreed to the values of the population. It is a weakness because it encourages tolerance, thereby inviting/accommodating leftists. Just a pro-tip from an atheist to Christians here: stamp out leftists from your ranks.

The best argument to defend God, against anti-thiests specifically, is to call them out for strawmanning what God actually is. Anyone who asserts that God does not exist is asseting that not one of the indefinite number of interpretations of God is real. Even within the Christian community, every single person has a different interpretation of God. That is an extraordinary claim to make and it is one that requires extraordinary evidence.

>Something must have created the world.
>That something can´t be a/the creation of something else.
>That something has to have enough power to create the world (if you are the only thing that exist, you´re fucked for there´s no way you can create anything out of nowhere.
>That something can´t rely on anything else to survive (if you are the only thing that exist, it´s only logical to assume that you can live without any inputs of any kind, such as air, food, etc).
>Since it can´t be a/the creation of something else, it´s only reasonable to assume that it doesn´t have a "day 0" (it was always there).

By that point you are basically describing God, the God from the Old Testament.

Then you use the prophecies from the OT to prove that Jesus Christ it´s the Messiah.

t. A Catholic Calvinist.

>Calvinist

Free will appears 17 times in the bible Heretic
Denial of free will is considered one of the most serious heresies in the early Catholic Church
Not a single church father thought there was no free will.
I make a decree, that all they of the people of Israel, and of his priests and Levites, in my realm, which are minded of their own freewill to go up to Jerusalem, go with thee

> X is the word of God
Is that why Genesis has two contradictory stories on the order of creation, neither one lining up with cosmic/geological/fossil data?

When satan tempted us to eat the fruit god told us not to eat from, when we bit into it we RECEIVED a peice of gods "Perception" that only he could have. When we bit into the apple, immagine a powerup in a video game but its godlike knoledge. When someone says "What makes this good?" and "What makes this evil" We could come up with no answer. Its beacuse that Apple WAS a peice of God himself. Like in a fruit form. THATS how we KNOW whats GOOD and BAD. Thats GODS INSTINCT WORKING IN US.

tdlr ive been up for 29 hours and have been praying nonstop for answers to genesis and WHY THE FUCK WE FUCKED UP and this is what happened. fucking rnadom words without thought. If you beleive in jesus christ that died for our sins and rose, he took a fucking whip to the back because we kill eachother. God gave us these things and we spat in his face like 60,000 times. I am on what the dankards call "Woke". Enlightenment comes with the lord. Ask and you shall recive. knock it shall be opened to tyou. PRIASE GOD. PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS. FELLOW CHRISTIANS. I FEEL LIKE IM ABOUT TO PUKE THIS SHIT IS CRAZY.
The way god talking through me works is imagine you get a song stuck in your head from time to time but except theres no song and there is fucking sclience yet your mouth moves on its own ITS FREAKY AS FUCK TRYING TO HANDLE THIS HOLD ION

>start shit
That's not the point, just love on them OP like Jesus asks us too. Be really informed, be ready to take on those meme strawmen like 'oh what about the crusades?', 'what about evolution?', 'show me physical proof of God, that's right you can't' stuff. Know the Bible, have a strong relationship with the Lord, and be ready for atheist memes.

>Muh early christians
Check:
Rom 8:28-30
Jn 12:39-40
Acts 4:28
Mt 24:31
Luke 18:7
Acts 15:17-18
Rom 8:33
Romans 9:11
1 Cor 2:7
Titus 1:1
1 Peter 1:2
Rev 13:8 (THIS)

Tell them to take a biology course. We didn't evolve, we were programmed.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=y-uuk4Pr2i8

DO NOT LISTEN TO FALSE IDOLS SUCH AS "KEK" OR "MOLOCH", THEY ARE ALL UNDER SATAN AND WILL PREVENT YOU FROM ACENDING WITH GOD. DIGITS DONT MEAN SHIT PRAY FOR FORGIVENESS NOW. GOD IS LOVING AND LOVES US ALL. I BRING A MESSAGE FROM GOD TO THE MASSES. REPENT OF YOU SINS AND BE CLEASED. THIS IS THE ENDGAME. WE SHALL ALL BE FREE OF THIS CURSE OF SIN, LIVING FOREVER WITH THE SON AND THE FATHER. FOREVER AND EVER AMEN

THIS IS WHY WHEN SOMEONE SAYS "WHAT MAKES THIS GOOD" AND "WHAT MAKES THIS BAD" AND WE CANT COME UP WITH A DIRECT ANSWER IN THIS REALM. ITS LIKE A GOD-GIVEN SENSE. EYES WIDE OPEN. ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT GOD AT ALL AND ILL ANSWER THEM. I GOT THE HOLY SPIRIT RIDING ON HIGH RIGHT NOW!

>Rom 8:33
Degenerate

Too lazy to write them out

Figures, probably never read them
no wonder why you didn't show them here
Because they would condemn you

hail satan

>MUH FEELS
There, that's the argument for God, just repeat how much you feel it's true. Because your feelings shape reality.

You desire to know something of my Religion. It is the first time I have been questioned upon it: But I do not take your Curiosity amiss, and shall endeavour in a few Words to gratify it. Here is my Creed: I believe in one God, Creator of the Universe. That He governs it by his Providence. That he ought to be worshipped. That the most acceptable Service we can render to him, is doing Good to his other Children. That the Soul of Man is immortal, and will be treated with Justice in another Life respecting its Conduct in this. These I take to be the fundamental Principles of all sound Religion, and I regard them as you do, in whatever Sect I meet with them.
>As to Jesus of Nazareth, my Opinion of whom you particularly desire, I think the System of Morals and his Religion as he left them to us, the best the World ever saw, or is likely to see;
but I apprehend it has received various corrupting Changes, and I have with most of the present Dissenters in England, some Doubts as to his Divinity: tho' it is a Question I do not dogmatise upon, having never studied it, and think it needless to busy myself with it now, when I expect soon an Opportunity of knowing the Truth with less Trouble. I see no harm however in its being believed, if that Belief has the good Consequence as probably it has, of making his Doctrines more respected and better observed, especially as I do not perceive that the Supreme takes it amiss, by distinguishing the Believers, in his Government of the World, with any particular Marks of his Displeasure. I shall only add respecting myself, that having experienced the Goodness of that Being, in conducting me prosperously thro' a long Life, I have no doubt of its Continuance in the next, tho' without the smallest Conceit of meriting such Goodness.

beliefnet.com/resourcelib/docs/44/letter_from_benjamin_franklin_to_ezra_stiles_1.html

>bible is the word of God
Then why do you retards keep editing the Bible? Why are His words not good enough?

Depends which God you mean.

i would rather be gifted the bright white light of true perception than live like cattle as adonai's playthings.

LUCIFER = SATAN
SATAN = BUDDHA
SATAN = PROMETHEUS

without lucifer sacrificing his place in heaven for us, we would be cattle. meek, meandering, cattle.

thank you morning star, all hail satan

REPENT NOW OF YOUR SINS. WE WILL ALL FACE JUDGEMENT IN THE END. I WILL PRAY FOR YOUPLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIND CHRIST

They're all the same
>inb4 but muh marxist prof said religion is diverse
It's not, it's like races. There are the pure ones, then the mongrels.

HAIL

youtube.com/watch?v=-0olc3qJjLM

>muh jew on stick
If you can't even defend your religion yourself why do you believe it?

t. Styx

This is actually untrue. The tree of the knowledge of good and evil wasn't the tree of knowledge. They ate freely from the tree of knowledge, they were pure in their understanding. Satan gave them knowledge of good and evil. Life is Redpilled by default, Satan convinced them of the first bluepill, that hedonism is favorable to purity in the moral dichotomy of life.

Pascal's wager is incredibly retarded. You need to be really stupid to even humor it.

Depends which Christianity you mean. I consider myself a believer not a Christian, anyone can say they are christain.

Christ is the only example of pure Good. Can you think of any other such example of a person who would be just totally separated from Evil? Any Buddhist or Muslim?

Try your best on my goyim, I'm sort of an atheist/agnostic at the moment, born Jewish.

Bring me under the light of Jesus if you can.

Fucking burger, YOU are too lazy to write them down on your browser.
I´m actually arguing with my philosophy teacher and the Director of the institution and also about to start reading the Catholic perspective on the subject.
And, even if I haven´t that´s still not an argument.
The Bible is all for predestination, God choose the Jews as the CHOOSEN PEOPLE, predestined Jesus to sacrifice, predestined Judas to sell him, but for some reason there´s no predestination.

it's not a proof of anything, but it's absolutely not retarded

“For no other reason does God punish the sinner either in the present or future world, except because He knows that the sinner was able to conquer but neglected to gain the victory.” Recognitions of Clement of Rome. 111. 23, V. 8, IX. 30.

There is, therefore, nothing to hinder you from changing your evil manner of life, because you are a free man.
(Melito, 170 AD, 8.754)

· We were not created to die. Rather, we die by our own fault. Our free will has destroyed us. We who were free have become slaves. We have been sold through sin. Nothing evil has been created by God. We ourselves have manifested wickedness. But we, who have manifested it, are able again, to reject it.
(Tatian, 160 AD, 2.69)

Go bang sticks and rocks together to please your earth spirit.

yea, don't read newer versions kjv all the way

>They're all the same
You're supposed to be putting forth convincing arguments. Not all gods are the same or have eternal damnation punishments.

>That is an extraordinary claim to make and it is one that requires extraordinary evidence.

You call yourself an "atheist", but you have no idea what the burden of proof means. Weird.

I have proved in what has been said that those who were foreknown to be unrighteous, whether men or angels, are not made wicked by God’s fault. Rather, each man is what he will appear to be through his own fault.
(Justin Martyr, 160 AD, 1.269)
· He created both angels and men free to do that which is righteous. And He appointed periods of time during which He knew it would be good for them to have the exercise of free will.
(Justin Martyr, 160 AD, 1.250)
. We maintain that each man acts rightly or sins by his free choice….Since God in the beginning made the race of angels and men with free will, they will justly suffer in eternal fire the punishment of whatever sins they have committed.
(Justin Martyr, 160 AD, 1.190)
· We…have believed and are saved by voluntary choice.
(Clement of Alexandria, 195 AD, 2.217)
· Each one of us who sins with his own free will, chooses punishment. So the blame lies with him who chooses. God is without blame.
(Clement of Alexandria, 195 AD, 2.226)

Let me ask you a single question then, why the fuck do you believe in an old book?

They already have a religion called liberalism, so you're unlikely to change any minds. However, since leftists are pretty much all selfish, materialistic, narcissists, the best thing you can do is to convince them that Christianity is a healthier life (it is) which leads to success and happiness. Just show them how poisonous a life without God can be.

adam and eve ate of the forbidden fruit and realized they were naked. adonai (the same 'god' JUDEN worship, the same 'god' pathetic christians worship and have allowed a dead kike's philosophy of "turn the other cheek" to destroy western civilization in the face of islamic invaders.

adonai never wanted us to be aware, he wanted us to be mindless sheep forever.

i forever trust in the one real God who granted us this perception and further, through meditation and spiritual awakening, grants us the infinite power of our Third Eye.

fuck being sheep, hail satan and YOU WILL BE GOD

youtube.com/watch?v=oPZyVPATMj0

· But man, being endowed with reason, and in this similar respect similar to God, having been made free in his will, and with power over himself, is himself his own cause that sometimes becomes wheat, and sometimes chaff.
(Irenaeus, 180 AD, 1.466)

· I find, then, that man was constituted free by God. He was master of his own will and power….Man is free, with a will either for obedience or resistance.
(Tertullian, 207 AD, 3.300, 301)

· Man is able to both will and not to will. He is endowed with power to do both.
(Hippolytus, 225 AD, 5.152)

· The liberty of believing or not believing is placed in free choice. In Deuteronomy, it says, ‘Look! I have set before your face life and death, good and evil. Choose for yourself life, that you may live.’”
(Cyprian, 250 AD, 5.547)

Man was made with a free will…on account of his capacity of obeying or disobeying God. For this was the meaning of the gift of free will.
(Methodius, 290 AD, 6.362)

Epiphanius: (310-403) ‘if ye be willing and obedient’; “whence, it is plainly manifest and indubitable, that God had granted to man free-will, so that it is in his power to do the good, or choose the evil. For if it be predestined that one man be good and another man evil, then the first is not deserving of praise or the other to be blamed.AgainstHeresies16 Isaiah
Basil the Great: (329-379) Why in short was it receptive to evil? Because it was endowed with free will, which is expecially appropriate for a nature endowed with reason. So the soul is freed of all constraints, and obtains from the Creator a life at its own discretion; and because it was made in God’s image, it understood the good and knows its joys, and has the possibility and power of maintaining its natural life by continuing to gaze on the good and to enjoy the life of the spirit. But it has also the possibility on occasion of abandoning the good. – God is not the author of Evil (Homily 9)

ATHENAGORAS: (177 AD) “Just as with men, who have freedom of choice as to both virtue and vice, so it is among the angels…Some free agents, you will observe, such as they were created by God, continued in those things for which God had made and over which he had ordained them; but some outraged both the constitution of their nature and the government entrusted to them.” – A Plea for the Christians 24.

· For God made man free from the beginning, possessing his own power, even as he does his own soul, to obey the commandments of God voluntarily, and not by compulsion of God. For there is no coercion with God.
(Irenaeus, 180 AD, 1.518)

· Because man is possessed of free will from the beginning, and God is possessed of free will (in whose likeness man was created), advice is always given to him to hold fast to the good, which is done through obedience to God. God has preserved the will of man free and under his own control. This is not merely in works, but also in faith.

(Irenaeus, 180 AD, 1.519)
· Nor, again, does God exercise compulsion upon anyone unwilling to accept the exercise of His skill…. They have been created free agents and possessed of power over themselves.
(Irenaeus, 180 AD, 1.523)

"Burden of proof" depends entirely on which axioms you base your perspective. It's a non-argument when debating the fundamental nature of existence. There MAY (See hard solipsism) be an objective reality but it would only ever be known subjectively and interpreted on unprovable principles. But sure, keep delusionally jerking yourself off with how smart and superior you think you are to everyone else.

It doesn't need defending, God certainly doesnt.

The only thing we need to do for the lost and unsaved is to spread the gospel.

HAVNT GOT A SINGLE RABBI SHLOMO TO QUOTE FOR YOU INTERPRETATION

NOT EVEN ONE

For God
God is the necessary precondition for the origin of the universe
The laws of logic
Natural law
Moral law
For Christianity
That would be the resurrection of Christ

>Not quoting the Bible.
You know that only Scripture has to be regarded as guidance for doctrine, right?
1Cor 4:6
2Tim 3:14-17
Mt 15:6-9
Revelations 22:18-19 (THIS)

Pick one and we can talk about it.

When did we do that?

2 books: evidence that demanes a verdict by Josh McDowell and the signature of God by Grant Jeffrey

Everything you need is in those books, with bibliographies and citations

>Anyone who asserts that God does not exist is asseting that not one of the indefinite number of interpretations of God is real.
Or you know s/he's just refering to the god in question and not every version or every divine entity. Granted for some versions of gods it would be quite idiotic to come out as a gnostic atheist.

> YOU WILL BE GOD

Realizing the man potential for transcendence doesn't imply that "we wuz gods now"...
Knowledge is instrument of order which leads into harmony... Ability to ensure and protect.

Fall for the vice of power is the most retarded thing that you can do.

It's completely retarded, because there are a potentially infinite amount of possible gods with an unlimited amount of contrasting code of morals.

But everyone knows God exists
There is no such thing as a true atheist

According to Church Tradition, the ancient histories say that 1 and 2 Peter was written to the Jews.

1 Peter 1:1-2

Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

2 Peter 1:10
Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

NOT ALL THE ELECT/CHOSEN ARE SAVED

BECAUSE CHOSEN MEANS YOURE JEWISH

2 Timothy 2:10
Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes.

Deuteronomy 14:2 (and another million verses)
For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God, and the Lord hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth.

Another Free will verse
1 Peter 5:2
Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;

Ezekiel 18:31
Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

Rev 13:8

>"Burden of proof" depends entirely on which axioms you base your perspective

Where did you get that bullshit? A so called theologist? The burden of proof is always on the person claiming something exists.

>keep delusionally jerking yourself off

Says the grown man that still believes in angels and demons.

Here are your versus that you do not like to read

Heretic

As it is written
For the Lord hath chosen Jacob unto himself, and Israel for his peculiar treasure.
As Justin Martyr Said

God Bless His Soul

Justin: (100-165) Unless humans have the power of avoiding evil and choosing good by free choice, they are not accountable for their actions-whatever they may be… For neither would a man be worthy of reward or praise if he did not of himself choose the good, but was merely created for that end. Likewise, if a man were evil, he would not deserve punishment, since he was not evil of himself, being unable to do anything else than what he was made for.” (First Apology chap. 43)

And what does this have to do with free will?

Oh, the irony

Can´t believe that only saying that I believe in predestination changed the thread from God to doctrine.

This

>No traditions verse

If it be by the Spirit of the Law, then it is authoritative. If it is not authoritative, then it is the leven of the Pharisees (God bless them)

Predestination is a biblical thing, but not exactly what Calvinist say it is,

Agustine said that one man can be predestined to final salvation while another might only be predestined to initial salvation only

So predestination and freewill can work together and are not mutually exclusive

See molinism

>The bible is right because it's the word of God therefore Christianity is right because of the bible!

/his would be a better place to get arguements

Your name has to be on the Book so you can be saved.
You don´t choose to be or not in the Book.
I don´t necessarily reject the concept of free will, I just know for a fact (The Bible) that there´s a predestination for those saved. It could be that God makes us want to choose a certain choice of action and so, in a sense WE choose what to do, even if the fact that we want to do what we do it was predestined.

Washington is black as fuck, all niggers believe in god, only white people and east asians can be atheist.

I can agree that free-will and predestination aren´t mutually exclusive.
And if you loose your Faith, see: someone born to a christian family but then decide to be an atheist, that person wasn´t predestined to eternal salvation.

You have wasted your life which is the only one you have

I think you are reading your theology into the text.

I believe in predestination but I also believe that predestination and freewill are not mutually exclusive

So God could have created the universe with the foreknowledge of who would accept him or reject him when responding to his grace

The people he knows will accept his grace are those who are the predestined

None of those discredit what the verses I´ve presented stated.

But the New Testament teaches that people who have been regenerate can lose their inheritance

See the Trent horn James white debate

They actually Do I read them

You are reffering to being Chosen before the creation of the world

Jews don't chose to be Jews
ANd Yet God chose Them as His People, as rebellious as they have been

But remember that "(...)Those whom he predestined he also called; and those whom he called he also justified; and those whom he justified he also glorified." Rom 8:30
So He justifies those He CHOOSES.

No, they don´t, and the burden of proof is on you, so you better tell me where is the contradiction, for I´ve read them and I can´t find it.

But also remember those who he fore knew he predestined

And that God wants all to come to repentance and truth
2nd Peter

I highly respect what you believe, but I would argue that those that lost their inheritance were meant to lose it.

So you believe that someone can lose their salvation?

Not very Calvinist of you

Saint John of Chrysostom says

For men have to derive from things their conceptions about them, but to God these things have been long determined upon, and from of old He bare good-will toward us (πρὸς ἡμἅς διέkειτο), he says.Now He justified them by the regeneration of the laver. "And whom He justified, them He also glorified" by the gift, by the adoption.

evangelicalarminians.org/index-of-articles-by-robert-hamilton/
evangelicalarminians.org/robert-hamilton-election-in-romans-chapter-nine/
evangelicalarminians.org/robert-hamilton-the-order-of-faith-and-election-in-johns-gospel-you-do-not-believe-because-you-are-not-my-sheep/

The two above are on John and Romans, the two most cited for Calvinism

I haven't read his Romans one but It's probably decent. If it teaches something not Catholic I really apologize but I am giving it because he probably has good points.
I've read through some of these, but I fyou are a struggler with Calvinism he has genuinely satisfying answers.

Yes, that´s true.
He wants everyone yet he knows (and has predestined -> Jn 12:39-40) that some will not follow him.

Saint John of Chrysotom's point is think about Paul's conversion on the road to Damascus,

God was the FIRST to invite

the ancient of Days, the he of OLD who has given us grace, from the very beginning.

You make Christians look bad, get yourself together ffs

But those could have been people who would have never freely chosen to receive Gods Grace, so God gives them over

why defend something when there is nothing to defend? god did nothing wrong, and in the end people will realize it

And rightfully so, not everything that Calvin says it´s unequivocally true, after all, he was just a man like you and me.
The reason I say I´m a calvinist is because MOST of what he says is true, yet I know that some people just lose their Faith. That´s because they weren´t predestined to retain their Faith, or maybe their Faith wasn´t real and Calvin was right, I´m not sure.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Now after rejecting God's grace, Repeatedly and persistently knowing the full truth and preferring the lie, for ages and ages. Then God lets them over to their degneracy to teach them a lesson on what it's like to be a real sinner.

John of Chrysostom
he put before them the world and man's understanding, telling them that, by the judgment afforded them by God, they might through the things which are seen, have been led as by the hand to the Creator, and then, by not willing to do so, they remained inexcusable.

The reason why I am quoting this Saint on Romans is because you cannot deny him Protestants, he believed in Sola Fide.

Humans are the only species able to look outside of themselves. Humans are also psychologically predisposed to religion.

I used to hold a Calvinist view, but after a lot of theological and historical study, I can't really be one

You are retarded
"Ugh! I'm so smart can't you see my superior atheist intellect! Ugh! do you even watch Bill Mahr! Ugh! Can't you see you are retarded!" - OP

I used to be a Catholic LARPer like: but then I started reading the Bible and "the reformation" was the inevitable result.
What do you believe now?

Well crap we traded places

>"By what law? Of works? Nay, but by the law of faith."See he calls the faith also a law delighting to keep to the names, and so allay the seeming novelty. But what is the "law of faith?" It is, being saved by grace.Here he shows God's power, in that He has not only saved, but has even justified, and led them to boasting, and this too without needing works, but looking for faith only.”

Here IN THE SAME HOMILY ON ROMANS
by Saint John of Chrysostom

Will you reject him Calvinists????

You all like to quote Augustine but anons on pol have said and insisted hsi later writings have been misuesed and misunderstood. It's also not a coincidence that he used to be a gnostic of sorts, which denies free will. However almost his entire life as a Roman Catholic he believed in free will, I'm going with pol on this one

HAHAHAH what a coincidence!
I abandoned catholicism for it seemed like paganism to me, yet it would be hypocritical to claim that Salvation is through Faith Alone but that Catholics can´t be saved, so I don´t have any problem with Catholics and even attend to Catholic mass (that´s why I call myself a Catholic Calvinist).

That doesn´t contradict any Calvinistic views and even if it would, it´s not in the Bible so, yes, I would contradict that