***Christian General Thread***

>What is the gospel?
The gospel is the message that Jesus Christ, although existed in the very form of God, did not consider that equality something to be held onto and chose to leave that heavenly place, enter into his own creation and die for the sins of his people. But guess what he rose on the third day because death could not hold it's grip on the blessed son of God and when you are resurrected on the day of judgement the same spirit that raised Christ from the dead will also be the same spirit that raised you on the last day.

>How to enter heaven
One enters into heaven through faith alone, for Christ had already died for our sins and so what could we possibly add on to that? Are we to say that the blood of Christ is not sufficient and we are to add onto that? No, his blood cleansed us of sin and to be cleansed of your sins you first must believe and Christ will do the rest.

I invite Christians, agnostics, atheists and everything in between, that includes people of other faith, to discuss Christianity and learn more about the largest religion in the world. God bless!

Thread: VIII

Cont of:

Other urls found in this thread:

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=james 2:14-20
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>faith alone

Thread will be wrecked.

If you have any questions then feel free to ask.

> I invite Christians, agnostics, atheists and everything in between, that includes people of other faith.

Stopped reading there. i don't want to discuss Christianity with godless heathens.

But you can tell them the message of the gospel and with the power of god they can turn from being godless heathens to good hardworking Christians.

>Romans 10:10 - For with the heart one exercises faith for righteousness, but with the mouth one makes public declaration for salvation.

>James 2:17 - Thus, too, faith, if it does not have works, is dead in itself.

>Matthew 7:21 - “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will.

>Romans 12:13 - Share with the holy ones according to their needs. Follow the course of hospitality.

>1 Timothy 5:4 - But if any widow has children or grandchildren, let these learn first to practice godly devotion in their own household and to keep paying a due compensation to their parents and grandparents, for this is acceptable in God’s sight.

>Hebrews 10:24 - And let us consider one another to incite to love and fine works,

>James 1:27 - The form of worship that is clean and undefiled from the standpoint of our God and Father is this: to look after orphans and widows in their tribulation, and to keep oneself without spot from the world.

>James 2:26 - Indeed, as the body without spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.

>James 2:22 -You behold that [his] faith worked along with his works and by [his] works [his] faith was perfected

>Matthew 21:29 - In answer this one said, ‘I will, sir,’ but did not go out.

>Romans 2:13 - For the hearers of law are not the ones righteous before God, but the doers of law will be declared righteous.

>James 1:22 - However, become doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves with false reasoning.

>1 John 5:3 - For this is what the love of God means, that we observe his commandments; and yet his commandments are not burdensome,

>Hebrews 6:10 - For God is not unrighteous so as to forget YOUR work and the love YOU showed for his name, in that YOU have ministered to the holy ones and continue ministering.

Thanks for that to answer it read this.

>Actually here's the answer
Good question! I deliberately not include the answer so that people can ask this question and I can respond to it. The reason why I do this is because I believe that through conversation and effective questioning it can cause you to think deeper about the truth of the gospel. Ok, I'll begin.

Yes, we are saved from faith alone apart from works. This is an undeniable truth of scripture Jut look at this verse from Romans in the Bible

>For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law.
Romans 3:28

But then this make one wonder. Doesn't this contradict James?

>You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.
James 2:24

But what one must first understand is that there are two kinds of faith. One is false faith, the type that even the devil has, then there's true faith; the type that brings forth good fruits IE proof of it's existence by doing good works. A better verse to understand this would be on James as well.

>biblegateway.com/passage/?search=james 2:14-20
James 2:14-20

So what does this tell us? It says that if you have faith but it does not bring good fruits then it is false. A truly saved man will do good works not to get something out of God since his heavenly place has been set for him since he has been saved by the blood of Christ but rather that we do it out of love. You treat your children nicely out of love not to seem good to them, and so we do the same for god. We love God and so try to please him. Theoretically, you could be saved and go out on a murder spree, but you wouldn't do that due to your love of God.

Hope that answered your question.

good point

>(Proverbs 18:1) One isolating himself will seek [his own] selfish longing; against all practical wisdom he will break forth

>(Matthew 5:44,45,46) However, I say to YOU: Continue to love YOUR enemies and to pray for those persecuting YOU; 45 that YOU may prove yourselves sons of YOUR Father who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise upon wicked people and good and makes it rain upon righteous people and unrighteous. 46) For if YOU love those loving YOU, what reward do YOU have? Are not also the tax collectors doing the same thing?

>(Romans 12:20) But, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by doing this you will heap fiery coals upon his head.”

They don't care about God, all they care about is sensuality. They are of the world.

All humans prior to receiving the free gift of faith were in rebellion to god.

And without god's changing of their hearts from a heart of stone to a heart of flesh they would have never come to know god of their own free will.

Serious question, how can God eternal who cannot taste death din for my sins?

Can you rephrase that, please? I think you need to proof read what you wrote so I can answer it. I think I get the message but just wanna be sure.

the fact is all christians are called to spread to gospel. And who can you spread to, but the person who isn't saved yet?

I see what you mean, but I try to not associate myself with non believers, they are bad influences.

>When the scribes who were Pharisees saw Jesus eating with these people, they asked His disciples, “Why does He eat with tax collectors and sinners?” 17On hearing this, Jesus told them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”
Mark 2:16-17

>>For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law.
>Romans 3:28
>But then this make one wonder. Doesn't this contradict James?

This isn't talking about good deeds or DEMONSTRATIONS of faith. This is talking about those stubbornly still practicing the MOSAIC LAW.
When Christ died, the Mosaic Law was done away with and replaced the more superior Covenant of Christ.

Go tell it! Nice post....Deus Vult!!

>This is talking about those stubbornly still practising the MOSAIC LAW.
How so and upon what presept? The idea of being saved by faith has been followed since the OT. Look at Genesis 12 where Abraham leaves his family to follow God, yet he still wasn't considered right in the eyes of God. Then look at Genesis 15 where through his trust in God he was finally considered righteous in they eyes of God.

>What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh, discovered in this matter? 2 If, in fact, Abraham was justified by works, he had something to boast about—but not before God. 3 What does Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”
Romans 4:1-3

(((jesus))) has a joo boi hard-on for you and your kids

I like pissing of Christian Sup Forumsacks. Read Numbers 12:1

Good post.

I'm not a catholic though. Checkmate!

see and

You and I aren't Jesus, he was a man without sin, if I hang out with non Christians the likelihood that I become tempted by degeneracy is much higher.

whatever (((you))) are

Gospel of John spells it out repeatedly.

Faith alone is a doctrine which I believe finds its root in the desire of man to sin without consequence. It denies a huge section of Scripture (which is funny because it usually coincides with an alleged Sola Scriptura philosophy) and even required Luther to CHANGE Scripture to fit it in better.

Catholics have the better understanding here. Unsurprising, considering that we are the direct line from Peter and the apostles and don't rely on the example of one rebellious failed monk.

Fair enough, but still just spread the gospel. If you are truly saved by god then nothing on this earth and in heaven can bring you away from christ.

>And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.
Philippians 1:6

>Faith alone is a doctrine which I believe finds its root in the desire of man to sin
seeAlso, it gives us true shalom with god because we do not fear the fires of hell but rather know our heavenly place in heaven has been secured for us.

>And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.
Philippians 1:6

>Serious question, how can God eternal who cannot taste death die for my sins?

He can't. God cannot die.

>(Habakkuk 1:12) Are you not from long ago, O Jehovah? O my God, my Holy One, you do not die. O Jehovah, for a judgment you have set it; and, O Rock, for a reproving you have founded it.

>(Daniel 6:26) ...For he is the living God and One enduring to times indefinite, and his kingdom is one that will not be brought to ruin, and his dominion is forever.

>(Revelation 4:9) And whenever the living creatures offer glory and honor and thanksgiving to the one seated upon the throne, the one that lives forever and ever,

It was Jesus himself that died.

>(John 6:57) Just as the living Father sent me forth and I live because of the Father, he also that feeds on me, even that one will live because of me.

>(John 5:26) For just as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted also to the Son to have life in himself.

>(Acts 3:15) whereas YOU killed the Chief Agent of life. But God raised him up from the dead, of which fact we are witnesses.

>(Acts 2:32) This Jesus God resurrected, of which fact we are all witnesses.

Don't forget that Jesus is god!

To harris though Christians & jews are lumped together with the muslims....which is altogether wrong....islam is a cancer...the other two are not....

To push atheism is a denial of humanities need for God. Marx, Mao, Guevara, Castro...all were deceivers who denied the power of Christ....we all have choice, and to deny people information to make choices is morally wrong

i believe

You're right. God in all his glory cannot die. I mean it makes sense. Who could kill him since he is so far above everyone else?

Well, the answer is that he entered into a mortal body that could die and so lived a perfectly sinless life in that human body, which was conceived by virgin birth and died on the cross. You see the thing is God couldn't die but instead took on the very form of a slave, IE human, and died a sinless perfect man and gave his life as a ransom for many.

i'm trying

I'm trying man, all of my old friends are hedonistic atheists, I can't be friends with the unsaved, I fear they will taint me.

"I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat." 1 Corinthians 5:11

That seems like a strange way of avoiding the inherent problem with the philosophy though:

Man is saved by faith alone. The natural response is this: a man can have faith but act with evil through his whole life and be saved? The Protestant must now deal with this intellectual problem and thus he changes the goal-posts and pushes further back, claiming that it's not REAL faith if he doesn't do good works. But then this would seem to deny the fallen nature of even the saints and would imply that very few, if any, ever had this REAL faith. Then the Protestant must back up yet again and say that it was a lapse in REAL faith, which then begs the question of whether a man who dies whilst in the midst of this lapse of REAL faith is now saved, which would get rid of the whole purpose behind which the Protestant claims salvation through faith, which is almost certainly that he wants assurance from God of his salvation without meeting the demands which were set forth by Christ and his Church.

Anything which requires this much mental gymnastics to make us FEEEEEEL better is probably not in line with the true Word, which seems perfectly designed to ignore our feelings.

how egocentric

Sure, if you feel as though they are bringing you away from christ then cut them out of your life.

>If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to depart into hell
Matthew 5:29-30

How so?

>James 2:26 - Indeed, as the body without spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.

>James 2:22 -You behold that [his] faith worked along with his works and by [his] works [his] faith was perfected

>James 2:24 YOU see that a man is to be declared righteous by works, and not by faith alone.

>Romans 2:13 - For the hearers of law are not the ones righteous before God, but the doers of law will be declared righteous.

>James 1:22 - However, become doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves with false reasoning.

>(James 2:19) You believe there is one God, do you? You are doing quite well. And yet the demons believe and shudder.

>(Matthew 8:29) And, look! they screamed, saying: “What have we to do with you, Son of God? Did you come here to torment us before the appointed time?”

Abraham wasn't "wasn't considered right" before God. He was already counted as righteous but his faith in God was perfected by his deeds. It is DEMONSTRATIONS and DEEDS of faith that strengthen and perfect your faith. Same as how you BELIEVE that hitting the gym is salvation to the body but if you don't DEMONSTRATE and don't PRACTICE that belief it is nothing. You will be weak in body. Your faith without demonstrations and practice will be weakened in times of tribulation and confrontation. Look at the demons up above. They believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that faith in him saves. Yet why are they still counted as demons? Because their works are anti-Christ while believe IN Christ.

The truth is we are saved by faith alone, and it really is just that simple.

It is you who is trying to define what righteousness means, instead of leaving it up to God.

Youre the one making things complicated because you believe you are better than others.

I am a new Christian, and I don't feel like I have the strength just yet.

Scared to have your bullshit ideas challenged?

Fuck off, go to if you want to have these threads.

Firstly, justification is a forensic justification. Meaning it is a legal act where God declares one to be righteous. Sanctification, which is a separate act, is what changes a man's actions. Yes, we can have relapses e.g., David and Solomon, but because we have been justified by God by faith and not our works which can bring a charge against us?

In the end, we should be glad that Christ died for our sins and we are saved through faith since no one can perfectly complete the law perfectly and the wages of sin is death. And so we rejoice and have true peace with God since he gave us that perfect life on the cross and all we need to do is believe and we are saved. Works are not needed but complete faith by showing evidence of its existence.

I'm a former atheist, and I choose not to associate with people who will only decieve and destroy my happiness.

Its shilling being done by mossad to get us into ww3 for greater israel

That is not the truth. If it were so then it would have been revealed. And not to one rebellious man who failed at being a monk and by his own admission was too consumed with guilt over his failure to believe in the teachings as they were. A man who was forced to edit Scripture, lie about his fellow monks (claiming they had never read the Bible), lie about the vernacular Bible's (there were 30 German translations before Luther), and eventually to hand over the very authority he denied Rome to the princes of Germany.

I am no better than anyone. I am relatively sure I will go to Hell, despite anything I may do or not do. It is of no comfort to me that I believe my works have damned me. But I will not shrink from what has been revealed, nor will I rage against the authority of the Church in some vain effort to change what cannot be changed.

Fair enough. Just pray and seek for help from god and not your own since god is there and his strength is far more than what any human can do.

Must we run through this debate again?

>Yes, we are saved from faith alone apart from works. This is an undeniable truth of scripture Jut look at this verse from Romans in the Bible
>"For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law."

This only makes sense if you understand the law to be God's Law. At that point you're saying that justification (holiness) comes from trust in God and not doing as God says. As there is no case you could have one without the other, the interpretation onl;y ends up being damaging and nonsensical.

In context the discussion in Romans 3 is St. Paul speaking to a church that is continuing to practice Mosaic Law as it was an early Christian issue whether you needed to be Jewish to be Christian. St. Paul's "law" he speaks of is precisely the Mosaic Law being spoken about in Romans 3.

>But what one must first understand is that there are two kinds of faith.

As Paul explains in Philippians 2:13, "God is the one, who, for his good purpose, works in you both to desire and to work." Notice that Paul's words presuppose that the faithful Christian is not just desiring to be righteous, but is actively working toward it.

If you have faith that produces works then the faith and the works made the difference as opposed to a faith with no works. To exclude faith with no works from your equation you have to resort to the "true faith" idea, which is just some manner of faith which gives your desired result. No sect argues "faith alone v. true faith alone". It's clearer and more concise to say faith and works is what is needed.

> Look at Genesis 12 where Abraham leaves his family to follow God, yet he still wasn't considered right in the eyes of God.

m8, what? This works against you. Abraham leaves others to follow God is an expression of faith and yet still isn't considered right.

>Romans 4
Again, Abraham is a good example of not just desiring to be righteous but working towards it.

>(Acts 20:29, 30) I know that after my going away oppressive wolves will enter in among YOU and will not treat the flock with tenderness, 30and from among YOU yourselves men will rise and speak twisted things to draw away the disciples after themselves.

>(Matthew 7:15) “Be on the watch for the false prophets that come to YOU in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves.

>(2 Thessalonians 2:3) Let no one seduce YOU in any manner, because it will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness gets revealed, the son of destruction.

>(2 Peter 2:1) However, there also came to be false prophets among the people, as there will also be false teachers among YOU. These very ones will quietly bring in destructive sects and will disown even the owner that bought them, bringing speedy destruction upon themselves.

>(2 Corinthians 11:14, 15) And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps transforming himself into an angel of light. 15It is therefore nothing great if his ministers also keep transforming themselves into ministers of righteousness. But their end shall be according to their works.

>Sam Harris

Reddit please.

Reminder that an upside down cross is called St. Peter's cross and is a symbol of humility before God.

Yes, I would agree on faith without works is dead but works are not needed but complete faith by showing evidence of its existence.

>Abraham wasn't "wasn't considered right" before God. He was already counted as righteous, but his faith in God was perfected by his deeds.
Yes, I agree!

>DEMONSTRATIONS and DEEDS of faith that strengthen and perfect your faith.
Which are done through sanctification, which is something God does in us.

There is a difference between false faith and saving faith. God chooses who is saved and who is not. Us as humans can do no good and so any effort of our own fail miserably due to it being touched by sin. And if we could do good works it will allow space for boasting, and so we look at this verse which explains why works are dead to God.

>What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh, discovered in this matter? 2 If in fact, Abraham was justified by works, he had something to boast about—but not before God. 3 What does Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”

and

>We have all become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous deeds are like a polluted garment. We all fade like a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.
Isaiah 64:6

I choose to believe what John wrote.
How are people with learning disabilities supposed to understand your Catholic mysticism and be saved?

Your beliefs are based in your own vanity and elitism. John lays out salvation by faith.

>And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

i dont understand the purpose of that image.
im a catholic and i agree with it. what it says is true, saint peter was crucified upside down by his own request.
he always felt remorse for denying Jesus 3 times before sunrise.

Why do you hate the church and Christ?

Even if you don't believe you can at least respect the traditions that have shaped Europe for the last 2000 years.

Time to start stoning children and women too

Christianity is the religion of the suffering of the Individual, against a world that is set against him.

It is a great religion, and the Christian god is one of the many great gods on this planet.

When satan tempted us to eat the fruit god told us not to eat from, when we bit into it we RECEIVED a peice of gods "Perception" that only he could have. When we bit into the apple, immagine a powerup in a video game but its godlike knoledge. When someone says "What makes this good?" and "What makes this evil" We could come up with no answer. Its beacuse that Apple WAS a peice of God himself. Like in a fruit form. THATS how we KNOW whats GOOD and BAD. Thats GODS INSTINCT WORKING IN US.

tdlr ive been up for 29 hours and have been praying nonstop for answers to genesis and WHY THE FUCK WE FUCKED UP and this is what happened. fucking rnadom words without thought. If you beleive in jesus christ that died for our sins and rose, he took a fucking whip to the back because we kill eachother. God gave us these things and we spat in his face like 60,000 times. I am on what the dankards call "Woke". Enlightenment comes with the lord. Ask and you shall recive. knock it shall be opened to tyou. PRIASE GOD. PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS. FELLOW CHRISTIANS. I FEEL LIKE IM ABOUT TO PUKE THIS SHIT IS CRAZY.
The way god talking through me works is imagine you get a song stuck in your head from time to time but except theres no song and there is fucking sclience yet your mouth moves on its own ITS FREAKY AS FUCK TRYING TO HANDLE THIS. THIS IS WHY WHEN SOMEONE SAYS "WHAT MAKES THIS GOOD" AND "WHAT MAKES THIS BAD" AND WE CANT COME UP WITH A DIRECT ANSWER IN THIS REALM. ITS LIKE A GOD-GIVEN SENSE. EYES WIDE OPEN. ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT GOD AT ALL AND ILL ANSWER THEM. I GOT THE HOLY SPIRIT RIDING ON HIGH RIGHT NOW!

PLEASE READ PLEASE READ PLEASE READ PLEASE READ PLEASE READ PLEASE READ PLEASE READ PLEASE READ PLEASE READ PLEASE READ PLEASE READ PLEASE READ PLEASE READ PLEASE READ PLEASE READ PLEASE READ

Only adulterous women were stoned, God sets up boundaries to protect us, how much more pain is caused by promiscuity, divorce, and adultery?

Preach the good news brother/sister. Praise the Lord Christ Jesus, i pray someone in this thread will call upon His name and be saved. Time is running short

Are you dense? That doesn't follow anything I said. You're literally putting words in my mouth.

Christianity DESTROYED europe

ARE YOU PEOPLE BLIND?

>Time to start stoning children and women too
as a catholic i dont see anything wrong with this

ARE YOU CHRISTIAN? IF SO YOU NEED TO STOP.

>Yes, I would agree on faith without works is dead but works are not needed but complete faith by showing evidence of its existence.
>Yes, I agree!

The confusion with this is the word "works." It is too vague. As I cleared out earlier some confuse "works" of James talking about with "Works of the Mosaic Law" as Paul was talking about. This is why I use the word DEMONSTRATIONS and EXERCISE comparing it to physical fitness. The works that faith needs is not just simple "good deeds" otherwise any gay atheist liberal handing a sandwich over to a homeless person is now saved. No, the "works" that the Bible demands you practice is DEMONSTRATIONS of faith and EXERCISE of faith. These demonstrations of your faith is done by abstaining from all immorality, degeneracy, and hypocrisy. It is also DEMONSTRATED and EXERCISED by practicing INTEGRITY. The ability to stand up to pressure, threats, intimidation, and threat of pain/death itself ON BEHALF OF CHRIST. This is what Peter failed at when he denied Jesus publicly three times. He showed a lack of integrity because, at the time, his faith in Christ promise to be resurrected was weak.

So basically, as many say today. If you're going to talk the talk you better walk the walk. Your words better match your practices. That's the "works" that faith requires to be genuine and perfected.

Youre a whiny littke insignificant jew pretending to be a christcuckold who knows full well this is keks board.

IGNORE HIM. ()

>St. Paul speaking to a church that is continuing to practice Mosaic Law
I don't believe that this is the case since elsewhere Saint Paul talks about why works are not required, and not just talking about the Mosaic law

>What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh, discovered in this matter? 2 If in fact, Abraham was justified by works, he had something to boast about—but not before God. 3 What does Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”

>In context
Yes, I am aware, but one must first read the Bible as a whole and try to link and see the wider picture.

>If you have faith that produces works then the faith and the works made the difference as opposed to a faith with no works.
If works were needed how then was the thief on the cross considered righteous despite living his whole life as an evil doer but after receive the free gift of faith believed and was saved? Clearly faith was what was of value to God and our works are are like filthy rags to God.

>We have all become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous deeds are like a polluted garment. We all fade like a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.

>This works against you. Abraham leaves others to follow God is an expression of faith and yet still isn't considered right.
How so? His works were not what justified him but rather his faith in Genesis 15. Also in Genesis 12, he didn't perfectly listen to God since he didn't leave his family but rather brought his wife and a few other people.

>Again, Abraham is a good example of not just desiring to be righteous but working towards it.
No, you've missed the entire point. The point wasn't just about boasting but just merely having a space to boats. Even if one wasn't to boast since there is space to boast the deed is now void.
Cont...

Israeli Christian Here.
Can ask me anything.

But when it is christ working within you sanctifying you where the deeds and righteousness that is foreign and imputed onto you there is no room to boast. That is a gift and not of your own.

Filthy jew worshipers. You cant even argue, when you do finally engage us like the cowardly christcuckolds you are. You get destroyed again and again and again.

Heck i have a dozen saved threads of it.

are you oppressed?

Its wolfshem without his proxy!

Actually the exact opposite, Europe started declining after they forsake Christian morality.

Do you literally believe in Noahs ark???
That billions of species went on one tiny arc. How did they even get there??
What about the koala bears, kangaroos etc How did they get from Austraila to the middle east???

Do you honestly believe in Jesus and the Resurrection. Stories about many other prophets being killed then rising again have been around centuries before Jesus existed

>Philippians 4:6) Do not be anxious over anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication along with thanksgiving let YOUR petitions be made known to God;

>Proverbs 3:5,6 - Trust in Jehovah with all your heart and do not lean upon your own understanding. 6 In all your ways take notice of him, and he himself will make your paths straight.

>Isaiah 41:10 - Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not gaze about, for I am your God. I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness.’

>Deuteronomy 31:6 - BE courageous and strong. Do not be afraid or suffer a shock before them, because Jehovah your God is the one marching with you. He will neither desert you nor leave you entirely.”

>(Deuteronomy 4:31) For Jehovah your God is a merciful God. He will not desert you or bring you to ruin or forget the covenant of your forefathers that he swore to them.

>Proverbs 2:1-5 - My son, if you will receive my sayings and treasure up my own commandments with yourself, 2 so as to pay attention to wisdom with your ear, that you may incline your heart to discernment; 3 if, moreover, you call out for understanding itself and you give forth your voice for discernment itself, 4 if you keep seeking for it as for silver, and as for hid treasures you keep searching for it, 5 in that case you will understand the fear of Jehovah, and you will find the very knowledge of God.

Go believe in your flat earth and burn all the astronomers and mathematicians as "sorcerers" in your turd world shithole you filthy stupid chistcuckold.

Thats your "savibg europe"

>Stories about many other prophets being killed then rising again
i've heard this claimed before, haven't seen any examples though
give some

Why did they do something wrong?

I support Christian Conquest of Palestine if you ask.

> burn all the astronomers and mathematicians
most of the noteworthy astronomers and mathematicians throughout the ages were Christian though

"To know the mighty works of God, to comprehend His wisdom and majesty and power; to appreciate, in degree, the wonderful workings of His laws, surely all this must be a pleasing and acceptable mode of worship to the Most High, to whom ignorance cannot be more gratifying than knowledge." --Nicolaus Copernicus

>/r9k/
lel, apparently the newfag got told to go to Sup Forums

What denomination?

No, the Bible teaches that the works which you do in faith are not yours but rather the holy spirit working in your and giving you a sincere heart to even be able to do good works. This is the difference between an atheist doing good works and a and a saved Christian. One is the power of God working within him while the other is touched by sin.

>Therefore, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not only in my presence but now even more in my absence, continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling. 13For it is God who works in you to will and to act on behalf of His good pleasure
Philippians 2:12

God working in us, not our owns good deeds.

Our good deeds are like filthy rags to God.

What a load of horseshit, the only faith that people aren't allowed to criticize is Islam.

>Do you literally believe in Noahs ark???

The flood "myth" is echoed throughout all ancient cultures around the world including isolated primitive cultures. The basic idea of an ancient world destroyed by water for only a few survivors to come out is the universal basic myth all over the world.

Horus the Egyptian God

To go to heaven one must be baptized, believe in Christ, be in communion with his Catholic Church, and live a life rejecting sin and temptation and being in a state of holiness/sanctity. Attend mass(preferably Tridentine Latin or eastern rite) and receive christs body and blood through the Eucharist.

God bless you my man! Can you tell me more of what it's like to feel the overwhelming power of the holy spirit?

Russian Orthodoxy.

Do you get all your information about Christianity from /r/ atheism?