World War II

Those of you with parents or grandparents who fought for the Allies in the war, did they ever express regret for how things have turned out? Do you think if someone were to go back in time and show them what the world looks like today, would they still have fought?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1229643/This-isnt-Britain-fought-say-unknown-warriors-WWII.html
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=187&v=zY-1Um1Gzzk
youtube.com/watch?v=V-c8J7lnMrw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes.

No.

Care to share what they said? What it was specifically that made them think they had made a mistake? My grandfather fought in the war but he died when I was little.

Back in the day they didn't know that the jews will win in the end, those young american soldiers were fighting for pic related, not for the rights of people to choose from 63 genders.

My grandfather was a Brit and my best friend's grandfather was SS. The SS man used to give the standard answers about the war, but when he got drunk his real thoughts would come out. "We tried to warn you," he would say, knowing my grandpa had been an Ally. "But you wouldn't listen. Now look at the mess we are in."

It was only several years later that I knew he was right.

Fucking hell, sounds pretty grim. What would he be wanting to warn about I wonder? (((them)))?

Canada snuck in there, like they're a state

>based miss wisconsin

If I were him I wouldn't even touch them

my grandfather was in the pacific and I heard him say multiple times that he would not have fought if he knew what the US would become today

Yeah, he mentioned (((them))) once, how "you can see vat zey have done to you here in America." I think he tried to avoid talking about them though, for fear of getting himself in (((trouble))).

My grandfather on the other hand never spoke about the war. It was a topic you just didn't bring up with him.

Not my grandpa but we had an old latino WWII vet who fought the Japs

I imagine Marines don't have the same burden that the guys on the European front must've felt

>Hitler was right means "fuck black people"
American education at its finest.

Grandfathers got drafted by the Germs. One in '44, the other in '45. No one saw action. Both got lazy government jobs for some 35 years earning way to much and being provided another 30 years of 80% of the same wage as pension for doing nothing, literally burning it by travelling around the world and even managing to make debt. Grandmothers about the same without being drafted but still living and cashing in.
Fuck that generation, hang those who still live

Nothing wrong with killing gooks or japs or chinks

no, yes

grandpa hated nigs after being a cop but he died before he could ever witness maximum degeneracy. I don't think he would blame nigs acting up on Hitler being defeated, to him it was in their nature to chimp out.

This.

It was japans fault we went in

90% of Brits think their grandfather went to war because of the holocaust.

The point is that they're mulattoes. They're probably his grandchildren and frankly if my daughter had mulatto children I would disown her immediately.

My great uncle was in the Army. His unit was deployed in France after D-Day, and he also saw action in Germany at the tail end of the war. He always said that if we hadn't have fought the Third Reich on their own turf, America would have been in the crosshairs after the Nazis consolidated their stranglehold on Europe, Russia, and the Middle East.

>dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1229643/This-isnt-Britain-fought-say-unknown-warriors-WWII.html

"I was right and stuff." - A. Hitler
>youtube.com/watch?time_continue=187&v=zY-1Um1Gzzk

My great uncle fought at Normandy too.

>if we hadn't have fought the Third Reich on their own turf, America would have been in the crosshairs after the Nazis
All those White Aryan European people ruling America and promoting their non-degenerate values, what a terrible thing. Much better to pretend to be free while being ruled by Jews and flooded with shitskins.

>youtube.com/watch?v=V-c8J7lnMrw

>pension
This

If yall want ill post some of my grandfathers war album

My Grandad was Polish, and he hates the Russians far more than the Nazis, but then most of his family died in gulags.

He would still have fought, because he was fighting to get his own country back. Since the Soviets ended up taking it he stayed in the UK and worked as a bus driver after the war.

Lucky you got answers.My father said my great grandfather and his friends never talked about the war

I didn't get any from my grandfather, just my friend's SS one. Not talking about the war, in my experience, seems to only be an Allied thing. Makes you think.