Service Guarantees Citizenship - A Starship Trooper Comparison

Hello Sup Forums, I have come with a message, that democracy is indeed broken. The problem with democracy is that people can vote entitlements on to themselves without actually doing anything worthwhile, essentially becoming leeches on the system. These people will vote for the same "entitlements" every year siphoning more and more money from the taxpayer attracting more and more people to the welfare nanny state.

With starship troopers however, to get the right to vote, you must contribute to society first. Starship troopers isn't perfect, because it uses citizenship as a recruiting tactic (much like the US uses honor, glory, and games like call of duty to recruit young idiots) and it doesn't portray "wars for isreal" like what's happening today. But it allieviates the problem with democracy, because citizens can at least say they contributed to humanity before going to the ballot box. This would bolster recruiting and remove the retarded quotas that we have in place to meet at the expense of poor classes. It would also eliminate the "leeches" from society, because the military instills discipline and honor in people, setting them up for society later on by being less lazy and more productive. The leeches would either be converted or never have the right to vote. It seems like a system that would garner a more productive workforce.

You're just doing what the left does with Star Wars or Harry Potter. Just study the Classics and we'll discuss proper governmental systems together.

Bump. I liked the movie even though it was cheesy and their body armor didn't work. It portrayed our current recruiting system correctly as the corrupt piece of shit it is, selling lies to 18 year olds who will die in a foreign desert. I did like the government system however, because of the "doing your part." Imagine if high military officials like general Mattis were elected, with a congress full of high ranking officers. We wouldn't take shit from any bugs.

I'm not "fandomizing" it in any way, I wonder how the gov systems would work under today's conditions, how it would be implemented. If only veterans could hold office we would have less bullshit wars and more important tasks would be completed a lot quicker with reallocation.

It wouldn't eliminate takers, but it would keep them from voting.

But the Starship troopers model IS how it worked in classical systems. The path to citizenship used to be a) land owning family or b) military service.

This sounds like typical enlisted cuckspeak. Only property owners should be able to vote.

BUT It creates the circumstance of taxation without representation. One of the very core reasons the Revolution began. It would also officially create an elite class. At least now we can pretend its not there. Also, if we are all subject to the mandates of the government, then we should all have a say who is in said government.

>implying subhumans pay taxes

>it's an OP is a retard who can't into satire episode

New country required for this senpai

Taxation without representation- core reason of the revolutionary war? not really, we weren't used to paying taxes, and then we did have to pay taxes we got mad, see the very similar situation with the dutch and King Phillip II of Spain in the early 1500s. Also, you do have representation, people from your area can still vote, they just have to have citizenship.

Elite Class - The only benefit you get from citizenship is the right to vote, no welfare, no nothing. Anyone who serves their time and survives gets the right to vote, be they poor or rich, keep in mind that there is no hereditary citizenship, everyone must earn it.

Subject to the mandates of the gov't - You can have a say who is in said government. Nothing is stopping anyone from earning their citizenship except themselves. It's purely voluntary, and weeds out the people who would cause problems with the government anyway. If you care enough about having a say in the government, then you will work towards earning your citizenship, otherwise you won't vote and being involved in your government clearly wasn't so important to you then now was it?

Fuck out of my thread boot officer cuck. If the leeches want the right to vote then they have to fight and die first, instilling values of comradarie which will make them less likely to leech when they get out.

The book played it straight, the movie was satirizing it but ended up glorifying the hell out of the federation

>It's a fucking leaf that never read the book

I get the movie satire, I'm just talking about democracy as it stands now and if starship trooper government would work well or not

>starship trooper government
I bet all the guys in the motor pool think you're the really smart movie guy.

well maybe someone stabbed him in the brain with a screwdriver or something

The biggest downside is the lack of government oversight from any force outside of the government (basically what modern day china is like).

China doesn't even have voting rights though. You cannot get into the government in china, you have to be born into it or attend a prestigious Chinese university. With SGC, you can get into the government through military service.

You need to fuck off you boot lieutenant fuck. Just because you have a gender studies degree doesnt mean you are the epitome of leadership. It's even more retarded as a grunt because leadership is determined by physical strength.

regardless it doesn't solve the oversight problem. The federation has a government that disallows for any non governmental body to question it.

Democracy needs to evolve, maybe we make it mandatory that anyone who wants to run for office has to pass competency test and has to have spent atleast 5 years in millitary service, we still have representation while guaranteeing quality of politician?

>WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Would a system like that eliminate leeching though? Wouldn't politicians be inclined like they are now to shift views for reelection and hope the masses follow?

Everyone gets one general vote. Citizenship gets you two general and access to meritocratic position oversite commitees

It would need to basically have a 4th branch of government of people post service busting everyone's balls

You type like a retarded 12 year old. Clean that shit up and maybe I'll read it.

of cause some would get through, it was just an idea on how we could limit it and maybe the population seeing these people actually achive things would give Joe Average the idea to vote for more people like them (im not a political philosopher so i'm probably wrong)

In History and Moral Philosophy class. Learning how force is the supreme authority from which all other authority is derived from. Eager to sign up to the military and do my part to conquer the galaxy, in the name of mankind.

Wake up from my daydream in public school in the twenty first century. Listen to a fat, ugly and illiterate sheboon screeching on about how western civilization is evil. You will never have a red pilled teacher.

That's a bad idea. Most soldiers are niggers, spics, rednecks and other unclean and inferior people who shouldn't be given citizenship in the first place. Your idea would drop the US iq average quite a bit.

>Just study the Classics and we'll discuss proper governmental systems together

Read the book. I would put Heinlein up against anyone you can name.

Starship troopers is dystopian in a way though. Humans are no different then the bugs.
>everyone is shallow and stupid and acts like propaganda characters
>everyone gleefully joins the space marines thinking it will be grand.
>instead most of them die horribly in endless wars (it's hinted the human government started the war with the bugs)
>they have the technology to communicate with the bugs, but they use it for torture instead
>Everyone still acts like gleeful propaganda characters

>core reasons the Revolution began

What are civilians going to do? Revolt to get the vote? No. If they aren't willing to go through boot camp to get the power to vote, then they definitely won't fight a civil war. If they do, then it will be antifa fags versus the entire military. Imagine going 'weapons free' on fucking Berkeley and Pedowood.

>elite class

Every civilization has an elite class. This will be an elite class of trained and patriotic veterans. Good.

OP, I've been saying this for a long time. It would solve most of our problems and it's a PRACTICAL + GRADUAL solution. You can gradually switch from our current democracy to the starship troopers model without any huge revolution.
Unfortunately many people just outright dismiss the idea as not serious because "lol wasnt this is in a movie?"
All these one-liner cunt responses here are nu-pol, don't be deterred.
People will always laugh at something they don't understand.

Most women will not care enough to make the effort to gain citizenship!

If the training is set up really harsh and with education, then it would produce responsible, productive people who understand the real world. It should include hunting, mountain hiking, weapons training, wilderness survival. Shit, it should even include farming.

However we do have to find a new name for it, retards will never accept anything that comes from a movie due to societal brainwashing. Just find some random greek philosopher or model or whatever and then we introduce people to the system with that name.

oh here we go, the first alien SJW. Bugs are non-human, they deserve to be exterminated simply for being different.

>disallows for any non governmental body to question it

Who told you that? Johnny's father is a rich civilian that questioned the government all the time.

I'm glad you said that. You failed to name one group. Jews. Veteran suffrage would completely strip jews from power. Better a government of "redneck" veterans than (((lawyers))).

>drop the US iq average quite a bit

It would raise the average IQ of votes. The military has standards. Universal suffrage does not.

Literally French Foreign Legion. If every nigger had to pass through that it'd be a step forward.

I mean, anything would be a step forward comparing to passing the border illegally, complaining about being a victim, and waiting for gibsmedats.

“Violence is the supreme authority from which all other authority is derived.”

"My mother said violence never solves anything.”

"I'm sure the city fathers of Carthage would be glad to know that. I was not making fun of you personally. I was heaping scorn on an inexcusably silly idea. A practice I shall always follow.

Anyone who clings to the historically untrue and thoroughly immoral doctrine that violence never settles anything, I would advise to conjure up the ghosts of Napoleon Bonaparte and the Duke of Wellington and let them debate it. The ghost of Hitler could referee and the jury might well be the Dodo, the Great Auk, and the Passenger Pigeon.

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history that has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms."

Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers.

Where else are the suicidal shock troops going to come from?

You realize Starship Troopers was satire, right?

>Only property owners should be able to vote.
right.. like only members of the board have a vote in business.
like only school board members get to vote on school issues.
like only union paying members have a vote in the union.

>BUT It creates the circumstance of taxation without representation
my congressman wasn't elected, therefore I am not represented. IF government can tell me that the other guy represents me then the government can tell the non citizens who their representative is.

>satire

The movie was failed satire. The worst thing Verhoeven could say about Heinlein's veteran suffrage was that they dressed like Nazis. Since the Nazis were excellent dressers, that’s not an insult. Even gay Doogie Howser looked cool in a trench coat. Verhoeven tried to insult a society lead by veterans, but only showed that their system was superior to ours in every way possible.

Verhoeven failed in the exact same way Alan Moore failed when he tried to parody the right using Rorschach. Moore's problem was that Rorschach was so heroic, people couldn't help but love him. And Heinlein's veteran suffrage is so well thought out that people can't help to be attracted to it.

For ww3 I agree but they are the 1st to storm the beach free meat shield.

“To vote is to wield authority. It is the supreme authority from which all other authority derives, such as mine to make your lives miserable once a day. Force if you will! The franchise is force, naked and raw, the Power of the Rods and the Ax. Whether it is exerted by ten men or by ten billion, political authority is force.

To permit irresponsible authority is to sow disaster. To hold a man responsible for anything he does not control is to behave with blind idiocy. The unlimited democracies were unstable because their citizens were not responsible for the fashion in which they exerted their sovereign authority, other than through the tragic logic of history. The unique 'poll tax' that we must pay was unheard of. No attempt was made to determine whether a voter was socially responsible to the extent of his literally unlimited authority.

If he voted the impossible, the disastrous possible happened instead and responsibility was then forced on him willy-nilly and destroyed both him and his foundationless temple.”

Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers.