Catholic General: Divine Mercy Edition

Everyone is welcome.
Discuss news, ask question, give answers, be kind to one another, and above all assist one another in living the virtuous life.

>How did Divine Mercy Sunday go for y'all?

Here are your daily readings
usccb.org/bible/readings/042217.cfm

Community links, such as recommended media, are now below in pastebin links. Remember to recommend things to add to the lists!
>Catholic Encyclopedia
newadvent.org/
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.K)
lms.org.uk/mass-listings
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.S/Can)
ecclesiadei.org/masses.cfm
>Laudate App
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aycka.apps.MassReadings&hl=en
>Recommended Movies
pastebin.com/xAL9w4fk
>Recommended Books
pastebin.com/K8DUUPdC
>Recommended Music
pastebin.com/dgqjiSgs
>Beauty of Creation
pastebin.com/VKGZEvXK
>Tales of Love and Virtue
pastebin.com/Qt3RUsXA

What do Catholics think about CRISPR and human gene editing in general?

We're losing ground in Latin America to the Protestants and Pentecostals. How do we rectify this?

Feels pretty good. Thank's Jesus for yet another opportunity to obtain your Mercy

Extreme traditionalism. Traditionalist churches are growing fast in France.

it is science
God likes when we learn new stuff about how he have built the world, but we must remember that only God can create something out of nothing, we have to draw the line somewhere.
But editing human genom to fix some sicknesses before they happen is good, but in my opinion, changing genes so your kid will have different hair colour is just vanity.

invite more Polish priests

I didn't get a chance to recieve communion for divine mercy this year and I forgot.to do the praying in front of a picture of Jesus thing

Pray for me.

Pray for yourself
go to church today

KEK > CHRISTIANITY

This thread a lot of good apologetics resources from various anons as well as lots of great artwork and music all throughout the thread.

it would look better if you actually got repeating numbers

Serious question as a non-Catholic, how does it feel to have the Holy See occupied by someone who probably isn't Catholic or even Christian and lets Muslims pray within the Vatican? I want to respect Catholicism because at least it isn't pr*testantism or *nglicanism but the Pope disgusts me too much.

He's there for a divine reason. Traditionalism actually is being debated now and in open convos among Catholics, something that hasn't been done since pre-Vat 2. I gurantee that the next pope (possibly in 3-4 years) will be more traditional

The Pope "probably isn't Catholic"?

That seems a bit dire.

It seems like every day, the non-Catholics perception of Pope Francis is getting even more warped and more fantastical.

I can guarantee you, most of the things you think you know about the Pope are demonstrably false.

Like, the "muslim prayer in the Vatican" thing has been completely overblown. The context was that an Islamic statesman was meeting with an Israeli statesman in the Vatican, and the Islamic statesman was allowed to utter a prayer before the meeting. Though, through a game of telephone, most people seem to believe that the Pope himself bowed down and worshipped Muhammad.

The media is partly to blame for this. Of course they want to portray everyone as a "radical" and everything is changing and everything is being upheaved. Even if they have to bend the truth.

And the constant anti-Catholic spamming on Sup Forums isn't helping. It is just getting more and more ridiculous everyday.

The truth is, Pope Francis isn't a radical turning everything upside down.
There are Catholics who are critical of him, but it is actually for the opposite reasons.
They say he is too safe, and unwilling to take a hardline stance on things. They accuse him of not being traditional and in your face enough.

So there you go.

is this true? any articles or sources on this?

Go watch the actual masses and his homilies.

Imo he'a too off the cuff and not enough stern leadership, but its for a reason.

I read the bible daily, consider myself Catholic, and try to live my life by the teachings of the church. I attended a Catholic school for 8 years. However, I have since moved away from my home state or IL to NC, where most people are Baptist. There is one Catholic church near me, but it doesn't feel right for some reason. Like pseudo-Catholic, if that makes any kind of sense. I would love to attend mass and take part in communion, but there isn't any churches around me other than the one. Should I just suck it up and go, or stick to my daily routine of reading, prayer, and generally not trying to be a complete douche of a person?

Any interest

Sounds like its tine to move.

You would be a lot happier living in a parish you feel a part of.

Just go, it is your obligation as a Catholic. Although, by your wording it seems like you may not have been confirmed so I would urge you to make that happen there as well.

This