Nuclear fusion will change politics forever

Once energy is really cheap, close to being free, you end up with electric cars, electric trains, electric everything and electric robots... considering batteries are also getting better and better and away from Li-Ion battery tech (that relies on liquids).

youtube.com/watch?v=nWjAJKPLMEo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Pmgr6FtYcY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond_battery
youtube.com/watch?v=N2vzotsvvkw&t=187s
youtube.com/watch?v=nWjAJKPLMEo
youtube.com/watch?v=TI_3gARwn3Y
fastcompany.com/3043099/this-nuclear-reactor-eats-nuclear-waste
youtube.com/watch?v=rMqHTbXm3rs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>batteries getting better
Battery tech hasn't improved in live 20 years as far is I know.

>Implying costs if energy will go down when it becomes cheaper to produce

I dont trust energy companies to do that because most of the big players are market Dominators who probably make deals on prices

exactly like the auto industry

we're jewed forever unless we fight now

>he thinks the Jews will let us have fusion
we could've had it already if it got appropriate funding but we can't have that because it would get in the way of fighting wars for Greater Israel

do some reading then you cunt

for real. I'm occupying my time on engine, turbine, rotary and transmission technology.

I need an autist on batteries.

man they invented some nuclear diamond battery the other day that lasts for like 2k years

once that shit gets jumping fusion can suck a dick

Every industry
Second part is ok

Source?

politics is already changing itself in preparation. modern politics is a religion of personality, there is no difference between current political leaders and emperors, all rely on popularity.

God I fucking hope it comes soon. People don't seem to realize just how much practically infinite energy will change the world. It goes beyond just a cheaper power bill.

Check out this video
youtube.com/watch?v=8Pmgr6FtYcY

This guy has heaps of great videos on these types of things.

>when cheap energy and AI hit ((they)) wont kill 90% of us
keep dreaming friend

Oh joy, neutron radiation.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond_battery

they made one though the other day, id swear it, I saw a (((news))) articles on it

Im reading your low info shitpost right now and it's not helping, my man

>What are more efficient rechargable lithium batteries that fit in my phone

Lithium batteries have been around for ages, goober

oh shit, looks like chernobyl will be making a comeback boys!!! stalker irl here we come

>fusion will change politics forever
No it won't, because resources are not the only motivation behind war. OPEC countries will collapse because the only thing keeping their economy is afloat is oil. So driving more people into poverty in already violate area is not healthy for that region.

>resources are the only motivation

hmmm, hmmmm, that would explain why the muslims have such vast horded.. hmmm wait no..

>NASA gets billions to look at balls of gas in the sky
>No government funded organization on the level on NASA researching practical fusion.

It upsetting

>lithium

because if we did and dropped oil the middle east and many other country's and car company's would chimp the fuck out. car company's would crash for a 15th time and beg and pull strings for useless fucking bailouts. it would shit all over the economy and (((they))) wouldn't like it. it is said, surprised elon musk isnt working for that. he would have massive investments because they know he could do it

Did you just skip over the more efficient part or are you too drunk already to read properly?

>car company's would crash for a 15th time

Why would they crash? Fusion power would make cars infinitely more affordable due to being able to synthesize petrol without worrying about the energy cost.

>modern politics is a religion of personality
You moron this has always been the case, nothing has changed.

bottom picture is misleading but yes green technology is heavily misleading.

That being said both are shit. Unfortunately, the Jerry is right. We need nuclear fusion, nanotechnology and an alternative to REE or its bye bye to modern technological progress and civilization.

because they would have to completly rebuild there shitty production lines, sell all the old shit, make new shit just loose so much money they would rather cut their prices and bail than create a new car that can implement the new energy source

i know the bottom is, i was using it for the top one. thats an actual lithium mine. thats what i was trying to say when who ever said it is cheap and easy to get

>nuclear fusion
>a million times more expensive than fission
>doesn't produce as much energy
>costs an absolute metric fuck ton of money to build the reactors
>doesn't run profitably so you're literally pissing away time, money and energy
>current tech doesn't even produce more energy than it consumes

fission is the future. fusion is a thing for the far distant future (200+ years). yes fusion works for the sun, but the sun is a million times more massive than the earth. its own gravity can hold the fusion reaction together. we can't do that on earth, we need gigantic power hungry magnets.

fission is super easy, super cheap, ultra efficient, we've been doing it for 60+ years so we have incredibly good knowledge of the process, the safety and its very profitable.

transition should go like this: fossil fuels > fission > fusion

>because they would have to completly rebuild there shitty production lines, sell all the old shit, make new shit just loose so much money

No they wouldn't. Just no.
Number one, if you read my post petrol will still be a valid fuel for cars. It will just be cheaper due to being easily synthesized.
Secondly, fusion will never be small enough to fit in a car, not in our lifetime. They will run on the sources we have available now (petrol and battery) for the foreseeable future. The only thing that will change about cars is that will be easier to run and a little less impactful on the environment.

You should look into wendelstein X7 it looks like the krauts will have a commercially viable one in next 10 years or so

Atomic powered cars were invented in the past small enough to run inside a car. user is right, this has more to do with car manufacturers being lazy (and protecting their investments) than innovating and keeping up with the times. Money talks user.

the sun isn't fusion, it's electric.

i know, im not exspecting fallout cars here. what im saying is when fusion becomes the new power source. every one will be buying the cheap 30,000 dollar electric car musk is building because gas, diesel etc are purposely poorly made. every one knows that. shit company's like ford, dodge chevy here in america will go because they want pos fuel guzzling trash cars on the market.

this^ fucking round earth retards. the "sun" is actually a giant light being moved around the glass celing to simulate a sun

Could you tell me exactly what the bottom picture shows?

*Upper picture

What is the problem, in your eyes

>burger education

Stop.

the upper picture is an open pit mine for lithium, it looks small because its far away but those pits are fucking massive. they dont produce much lithum for the damage they do and time wasted to move all that dirt and sift through it

this is a snow job

thorium liquid salt LFTR is already here
obsoleteing oil and wind and soalr are a joke and dont work
only economic option is thorium atomic
all the jews trying to spread fear and doubt about throium
wow
flibe.com go kirk!!
youtube.com/watch?v=N2vzotsvvkw&t=187s

No

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond_battery
2v batteries
cant find any paper though
not the uses you suggest and still skeptical of the claims in general

WHATEVER YOU FUCKING NIGGERS
MAKE ROTATING HABITATS NOOOW

Eddie?

Give him a break, dad, it's past his bedtime

>Nuclear fusion will change politics forever
>Once energy is really cheap, close to being free, you end up with electric cars, electric trains, electric everything and electric robots...
>considering batteries are also getting better and better and away from Li-Ion battery tech (that relies on liquids).

>youtube.com/watch?v=nWjAJKPLMEo

Die haben den gleichen scheiss gelabert als die AKW eingeführt wurden.

>Professor is a prominent researcher in nuclear fission as a power source
>in private he says the whole thing is a joke and will never happen
>loves taking money for research from the government and foolish investors
The only one that might be successful and is worth paying attention to is the National Ignition Facility

I'm gonna hold my breath waiting for magnetically constricted nuclear fusion...
...I died.
I'll just leave this pic right here. Google the name to see just how deep the rabbit hole goes.

cheap fusion already exists, it hasn't changed shit

only what the media wants to change things, that is what will change things

a technology that will liberate you from power companies will never be allowed

And they're noticably improving. A few years ago phone batteries were as shit as they phones they supported, but now my phone can be active for 4 hours straight on heavy applications.

the batteries never got better, just bigger

improvements are a combination of reducing power draw and increasing the amount of internal space dedicated to battery, the actual energy density is not changed

It's really cheap. It's not controllable.

>minor improvements are relevant
Lith-ion batteries will never be suitable for cars trains or anything like that. Not to mention how high the price of the rare metal would become should every car come equipped with a large one.

if you're a turbo autist with engineering skills you can make one in your garage and power your neet cave with it, but as far as changing society never going to happen

>I dont trust energy companies to do that because most of the big players are market Dominators who probably make deals on prices
Nuclear fusion would literally generate so much usable energy that any argument they make for price hikes would expose them as greedy liars. And I would personally make sure that every stupid cunt on this planet understands just how much energy a fusion reactor would yield, and I'd dedicate my life to riling up normies who pay for overpriced energy.

>He doesn't know about graphene battery enhancement

fucking retard

tldr of video?

Cool, when will they be available for real life application?

Future is carbon nanotubes tube plates

Some chinese battery makers are literally already using the technology.

Keep the fuck up.

Sadly not ... since Wendelstein X7 is just a prove of concept for stellerators (which worked better than expected). But its too small to actually produce energy. But we could begin to build a commercial one now.
But it takes time for them to be build and we want to conduct research at wendelstein x7 so for a few years we aren't going to start.

Also with ITER being build at the baguettes we have to see if Sellerator or Tokamak is the better design.

Look up all the problems with open pit mining and the chemicals that go into refining and processing any type of metals especially rare earthmetals.

the sun is electric fusion

early experiments have already produced a massive return on energy using such a method

in 10 years you're gonna see some serious shit

I hope we will also get those electric floors from Auschwitz for every refugee center. We need them even more than the Nazis did in '40s.

It is the first reactor to successfully produce 3D magnetic fields they projected if the project is energy positive it would be really good sign for fusion energy in general

Secondly could you provide me links to your second paragraph.

Ey electric universe my nigga

The emerging Green Barons will never let Fusion become a reality, they will team up with Oil Moguls to put a stop to it.

thorium LFTR

dont need fusion

lets focus on working tek thats more economical than oil

you pie in sky wind soalr tards

Of course it will, you'll be able to make nukes without fissionable material or radiation signatures.
Road trip to Mecca anyone?

>I don't understand what is research and development

Nuclear fission has been around for 60+ years, of course it's efficient. Nuclear fusion has made progress, its funding is just too low to become viable in the near future

this^ we use the gypsies to smuggle it in

nuclear fission worked from day one, there wasn't several decades of failed experiments and billions of dollars thrown into the garbage to prop it up

They already are chimping out, Tesla is worth more than Ford and every car manufacturer is scrambling to produce electric self drivning cars.

Elon Musk is a master of distortion, his newest project is creating a faster and less energy needy resource transportation through vacuum tunnels.

yeah i heard about that but your gonna get some asshole poo whos gonna shit in it and it will take months to clean. guarnte their will be alot of deaths with that thing

Yes

suborbital flights honestly sound safer

This is nothing but central bank gibs.

Fusion is not as far away as you think. (pic related)
I agree on what you said about conventional nuclear power though.

yeap, we have already half way mastered flight. why use anything else

>only thing that matters is muh profits

There is no choice but fusion. But we already know that won't happen because of capitalists like you.

We have all the existing "waste" that light water reactors can not fission. It can be fissioned in a breeder reactor and reduced by 99%. The remaining isotopes are ultimate cancer killers and ultra rare satellite battery fuel. So zero waste.
Just disposing of our nuclear waste using existing experimentally tested tech would provide current energy demand for 1,000,000 years.

>missing the point this hard

it doesn't work today, it won't magically work tomorrow

You can shit on it as much as you want to user, but that's how the future is gonna look like.

You seem to have sucked up the anti-nuclear talking point that nuclear waste is this giant, unsolvable problem.

It simply isn't. (vid related)

youtube.com/watch?v=TI_3gARwn3Y

>therefore we shouldnt invest in it

also the only reason the nuclear energy worked on day one as you said it did wasn't because fission was viable because the government invested literally billions of dollars on the Manhattan project and subsequent projects on fission technology. The government nor the military has invested nearly the amount of money for fusion power. The only interest the us military has shown for fusion is when it came for nuclear weapons.

The money you pay for electricity is the cost of equipment and maintenance, the cost of the fuel is small in comparison

Swiss friend it is easy and safe to dispose of. I can think of a dozen ways. But to me it is not waste, it is fuel.

the video makes that exact point

all elon musks shit is subsidized and doesnt work very well

its expensive inferior tek for rich green crony tax parasite asshole to keep up the illusion thier way works when it fails nonstop

obamacare without tax subsidies would be bloodbath

You are all delusional. Nuclear fission byproducts are not waste. You can perfectly burn all of it in new types of reactors. There is no waste!

fastcompany.com/3043099/this-nuclear-reactor-eats-nuclear-waste

“We have a type of nuclear reactor that environmentalists can really get behind,” says CEO Leslie Dewan, a 30-year-old graduate of MIT’s nuclear engineering PhD program and co-founder of the company.

>You can shit on it as much as you want to user
sounds ok to me, but its gonna be like when we first started flying, shit will happen
and it wont be me shitting on it. that will be india

people will still find what to fight over

>people will still find what to fight over
(((((((((((((((((((((((people)))))))))))))))))))))))))))
FTFY

>reading comprehension south of the border

Beat me to it.

Can we all agree it's not waste? Its light water reactor waste, but that is because they are shit reactors.

To inaccurately quote the guy who designed them in a hurry, in 1947 "don't ever use these things on land, they are for ships, they need unlimited water supply and the ship must be sunk if they melt down, if you use them on land they will Fukishima or Chernobyl".

I believe he said this in 1947.

90% of fission power's cost are the construction cost of the power plant, 5% are the running and maintenance.

It's similar for fusion, plus fusion power plant's cost is more than fission power plant's due to higher technology.

No free energy for our generation.

a source on that would be great, actually. geuinely interested in seeing what he had to say and who he was

another pro went doing talks where he would eat uranium on stage to prove it wasn't that big of a deal, he never got cancer

youtube.com/watch?v=rMqHTbXm3rs