America's founding fathers were barely educated

By modern standards these men were practically illiterate.

>we the people
um... try again, sweetie... don't be speciest.

so are you you fucking leaf
you may not like your vastly more successful neighbor, but you can't deny the founding fathers were smart and incredibly forseeing people.
Except for the new scientific discoveries made since their time i would assume, they were still more knowledgeable all around and better educated by a wide margin than the average joe in leafland today

Classical education > mass education

>public schooling was invented by the king of Prussia because Napoleon offered the Prussians the choice to join his empire or die, and they all joined the empire.
>modern education exists solely to make you put your government above your family

You've clearly never read anything these guys wrote, because if you had, you'd know how much of a stupid fuck you are.

These guys were fucking geniuses

I know. Anyone who doesn't have a liberal arts degree is practically subhuman.

Jefferson spoke six languages.

Common sense doesn't need academic education.

this desu. University is now way harder. That's why there are so many niggers on it now

lolno

they would be appalled by our writing

The quality of writing and the breadth of vocabulary and depth of rhetoric employed by 18th century authors was infinitely more advanced than what we have today.

Actually, come to think of it, op probably wouldn't.
I don't think that they were better than good modern writers. Writing has changed a lot since the 18th century. Stuff from that era can seem smarter because they used different vocabulary and sentence structure. When you read old writing like that you'll notice things like the liberal use of semicolons, and longer sentences in general. Often, sentences are an entire paragraph in length.

It's a different kind of writing and it can be hard to penetrate at first, therefore people think it's because they aren't smart enough to understand it because the people who wrote it are so much smarter than them.

After a few pages, your brain kind of adjusts to the language and it melts into the background.

I guarantee they all had higher IQs than you

Thomas Pain was the only educated founder. The rest were border line retarded.

Says the guy who can't even spell his name correctly.

This thread is already cancer.

It is not an illusion of grammar. These books are often more informative than modern works, and while they may not draw on as many sources (no internet), they invariably draw more deeply from their sources, and usually have more insight into them. In Modern times, I think we peaked with 19th Century historical works, though reading Adam Smith will show you how thorough he was, and give you an idea of what was expected of the people of the time. The biggest hurdle to overcome, of course, is that peopel from this era expect the reader to have a broad and nuanced understanding of many subjects, as these books were written for the most educated people of the time.

And yet, they were smarter than anybody in any position of power nowadays. Funny how that works.

There may be some selection bias at work too, since only the best works from that era survived. There certainly are works aimed at well-educated readers written today.

It's hard to argue that people like Smith and Paine aren't rare geniuses, but they were men.

>A leaf.

Modern education means indoctrination by leftards.

A bunch of loathsome criminals and con men. Pretty smart however.

They were expirienced and wise

If you mean they didn't get indoctrinated in some liberal college and became trannies, then yes.

>Leaf

>he doesn't know about John Locke

>by modern standards
Stupid leaf why the fuck would you use a modern day lense on history. Judging historical figures through modern day morals and ethics is fucked, sounds like you need to take a history class.

Only rural and suburban retards founded America

Would they lose a quiz game show to a 13 year old with a smart phone?

Yes

Were some of them actually at-least as smart as our modern political leaders despite having much less education available?

yes.

>Let me do this properly:
>15 mins in paint later

Thoughts?

Is it weird for me not to consider Paine a fouding father?

I guess it is, but he is british and I always thought of him as more of a general revolutionary/writer than specifically america focused like the others.

they were rural and suburban retards.

I appreciate you objectively looking at the situation instead of just jumping on the US like is so tempting for cucks. I greatly admire your country and its people.