What did The Bible and Jesus teach us about self defense?

If you do not have a gun, sell your coat and get two.

You have heard, that is, "Eye for eye and tooth for tooth!" [O] But I say to you, You shall not resist evil; But if any one beat you on your right cheek, give him the other; And that which shall go with thee in judgment, and take thy shirt, let him also the mantle; And if I love you, go a mile far, so go with him two. Give him who asks you, and do not turn away from him who will borrow from you.
Ye have heard, that is, thou shalt love thy neighbor, and hate thy enemy. I, but I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do those who hate you, and pray for those who persecute you, and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father who are in heaven. For he hath let his sun rise on evil and good, and cause rain to rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. For if you have the lie that you love, you have a reward? Do not the publicans do the same? And if you only greet your brethren, was it special to her? Do not the tax collectors?

Matthew 5, 38-48

Its ok to go apeshit if they sell crap at a church.

always carry a sword for self defence

if someone breaks into your house, and you strike them, and they die, you shall not be tried

these are from the old testament but there is nothing in the new testament that contradicts there

Remember, when they ask "what would Jesus do?"; freaking out, flipping tables, and whipping people is a valid response.

Turn the other cheek, goy!

That you shouldn't do it, you should follow the examples of Jesus and his closest followers and lay down and let yourself be killed.

Luke 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

John 18:10 Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus.

These are just examples of course, there is an argument either way.....but Christians and Jews have a dispensation to defend themselves

Doesn't matter because you can commit horrific sins and still get to heaven as long as you go to church LOL what a weak religion, no sense of responsibility at all

Somebody correct me if I'm remembering wrong but as I remember it the only one of the Twelve who didn't gladly attend his execution was Judas Iscariot because he killed himself.
Follow their example.
>Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear
And what about the rest of that story? Jesus healed the guy and said "no, mate, don't defend me".

That's actually not true. God himself knows people do that trick and doesn't allow those people into Heaven.

That self-defense is permissible and lethal force can be used if someone breaks into your house at night (Exodus 22:2).

Gun control is unbiblical and that nations can preemptively attack others in self-defense.

>And what about the rest of that story? Jesus healed the guy and said "no, mate, don't defend me".

John 18:11 Jesus commanded Peter, “Put your sword away! Shall I not drink the cup the Father has given me?”

Jesus was accepting his fate and didn't want Simon to defend him. It was less about don't defend me and more about you can't prevent this shit.

If you don't defend yourself, the Jews will kill you

Jesus came with a purpose. To come and die as an atonement for his elect. See Acts 2:24

Romans 3:23 reads "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God". Romans 5:12 reads "Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned". That one man was Adam and we inherit a sinful nature as we're all descended from him.

We commit countless infractions of God's law and yes some sins are worse than others and punishment in hell will be meted with this in mind. However, Jesus's atonement is perfect. It will cover any sin. In the ultimate sense, a fallen 13 year old child of Adam is just as guilty before than Ted Bundy. That's just matter of sin. Sin is vicious and God is holy.

But through faith we appropriate the Jesus's righteousness and thus are declared guiltless before a just and holy God.

Go for the eye

We're told Jesus was a carpenter, but the only thing we're told he made with his hands was a whip.

Yeah, he coulda just smited everybody with a stinkeye but he wanted that personal touch. And yeah, people could get healed just by sneaking up and touching his robe but by all accounts his whippy was boss.

I don't know where I was going with this so its probably a metaphor.

Respectable self-defence.

1) Sell your cloak and buy a sword.
2) If someone hurts your feelings, don't make the situation worse. It's not worth it.
3) Do not "resist" an evil man (the word is closer to make a living out of fighting against. Vendetta?)

This user understands.

>We Jews don't hate you, goy
>We are pacifstic, philosophers and dindu nuffin
>We love everyone
>Read this book I wrote that explains it

Reminder that Islam is also a religion of Peace and that Islam is love and Mohammed dindu nuffin.

Kill all niggers, jews and faggots.