Europa Mission Cancelled

>Trump cancells mission to Europa
>Europa is one of the most likely planets to contain alien life
>Instead he funds a mission to plant a flag on a dead rust covered plant
Why? Jupiter and Saturns moons are far more interesting than that dead turd Mars

Other urls found in this thread:

iflscience.com/space/trump-cancels-europa-lander-asteroid-mission-earth-science-first-budget/
youtube.com/watch?v=ikoNQNj9ZnU
nasa.gov/content/veggie-plant-growth-system-activated-on-international-space-station
nasa.gov/feature/cabbage-patch-fifth-crop-harvested-aboard-space-station
jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.php?feature=6680
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Source
iflscience.com/space/trump-cancels-europa-lander-asteroid-mission-earth-science-first-budget/

>implying that sending missions to barren foreign worlds will ever produce anything and is anything more than a money sink

>Europa
>planet
kill yourself now

These missions are massive wastes of money and everyone involved need to be fired

Bump for interest

>autism
I'm so sorry
I'm sure you'd rather give that money to niggers, right leaf?

You faggots are the type to complain about a dozen million being spent on missions that can potentially alter the future forever meanwhile we spend billions protecting Israeli assets in Palestine.

Yet another example of how much of a kike Trump is (much like Obama who canceled NASA) and how strenuously inept people have general become.

Consider castration.

Don't worry about it

>born to early to explore the universe
>born too late to explore the world
>born just in time to die for the kikes

This is just a lazy response to a valid concern

You're sending a piece of metal to a lifeless rock in space, at great expense and little benefit. What's the point?

I don't know if you know what the deal is with Europa but NASA strongly supports the idea that it has a large salt water ocean. That with underwater vents and Jupiters Magnetosphere make it a good candidate for aquatic alien life. Many deep sea creatures here on earth live around these vents.
Europa has a good chance to NOT be lifeless though. But mining is a good reason alone to explore other planets/moons. Colonization would make our species thrive on two planets, thus if a mass extinction event occurs on one planet there will still be more humans left on a different planet, escaping jews and niggers is a good bonus too. There is a good chance a mass extinction event will occur, likely an asteroid or nukes. It could also revolutionize biology if we find life on other planets, or do you think scientific research is a waste of money?

If you can't come up with self monologue as to what "point" there is you are a buffoon wasting everyone's time.

There's VERY little reason to believe there's even a slim chance of finding alien life in the solar system.

One should mostly look at what kind of technology NASA will be developing (and what uses it might have afterward) and which industries it'll support. NASA is pretty good at making probes, but apart from that there hasn't been much development in space technology. The Space Shuttle was a giant mistake.

Because once we plant a flag on it we'll own mars as well
This also means a manned mission to Mars done by America so there won't be any niggers landing there any time soon like that fucktarded space x race simulator garbage

>There's VERY little reason to believe there's even a slim chance of finding alien life in the solar system.

I disagree see

Also, Europa is forbidden by the rectangular space niggers.

Do you realise it's basically impossible to colonise a planet outside of science fiction because of the unobtainable quantity of resources we'd need to make it viable to live on another planet, plus the need to construct an entire ecosystem out of nothing?

Europa is over run by the niggers muzzies and jews. And Germans.

We don't need to explore it again.

If there's water, there's bound to be some form of microbial life

While I agree a Europa mission should be done, I feel we need to think a little closer to home first. Start establishing forward bases before we reach out so we have to better the technology for the further push.

Just because it's the most likely body to arbor alien life doesn't mean it's likely at all. Among all the worlds with good conditions to support life, only a tiny fraction will end up with life actually developing.

Life is not impossible on the other bodies on the solar system either, just less likely. Overall, it's always very unlikely.

what sounds more interesting?

Microbes squiggly lines thats "alien life" or landing humans on mars and establishing a colony?

Because there's a possibility of fossils and the like on mars and it's also closer and therefore cheaper to get there, not the mention Phobos monolith.

Why the fuck do you believe this?

ITT: neocon cocksuckers justifying the cancellation of a mission that had a good chance of finding alien oceanic lifeforms on a moon with a salty ocean triple the size of Earth's

Because wherever there's a Brit, there's bound to be an abundance of microbial life

Aliens told him to back off Europa.

According to international law no state can own planets/moons. The US doesn't own the moon and it won't own mars either. China, India and Russia are all planning manned moon missions. Also have you seen NASA? It's full of niggers.
Never said anything about terraforming, that is not possible in the near future. Underground bases and eventually cities are very possible though.
We don't know that though, for all we know we could be the only life in the universe, but Europa is still a damn good first place to look. Besides even if there is no life at all there it would still be extremely interesting regardless.

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Because everywhere on Earth, where there's water there's life even in the most hostile places, see

>iflscience.com/space/trump-cancels-europa-lander-asteroid-mission-earth-science-first-budget/
Trump did not cancel the Europa mission; he cancelled an optional addition component of the Europa mission that would have a lander land on the surface to collect in situ data. The Europa orbiter is still planned; in fact it was specifically named as a high profile science objective in Trump's budget.

see

If you rely on underground bases, you can forget about ever being self-sustaining. It then becomes more of a vanity project than anything else

But Trump said in his speech he wanted to explore the mysteries of space or something like that?

wtf I hate trump now

Because all the shekels to fund the Europa program is all going on a rocket to a one way trip to Jewpiter!

I know that feel fellow goy

ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS - EXCEPT EUROPA.
ATTEMPT NO LANDINGS THERE.

Ez pz tbqwyfam

Wouldn't a permanent colony on the moon make more sense than a trip to Mars?

Still bad
Why the fuck would a cancel landing on Europa??!!
That's the best part
I want a robot to land on Europa to search for life below the ice

The lander was what would actually dig through the ice and drop the submersible, with just an orbiter it would be pointless.
NASA managed to grow plants just fine in the ISS, Mars soil apparently can grow crops, Mars also has water and ice. Power could be done in numerous different ways.
Is this some shitty /x/ may may?

There it is

Read a book Leaf.

Clarke got a lot of shit right; I wonder if this will turn out to be another one.

Human exploration is our future if we're lucky. We haven't made a noteworthy step in that direction since 1969. Sending probes and robots to these various locations is nice, but you basically just get a couple studies about chemical composition that we already had 90% of because of spectroscopy.

Sending probes in search of organic life is only cool if you actually find organic life... Otherwise the whole thing looks like a waste of time. But putting a man where no man has gone before, now we're talking. It's not about the propagation of scientific knowledge. That's where NASA lost it's way. It's about exploration by mankind - and specifically white men.

You can kickstart a whole new generation of space exploration by putting a man out there. We don't want to understand the finer details of a comet's chemical composition. We want to stand on it and say 'fuck yeah, we did this'.

THIS IS SO THE LIZARD JEWS CAN RETURN TO MARS!
IT IS OF NO INTEREST FOR HUMANS!

Culture yourself

Think less of the logistics and more of the human side: you live on another planet and you can NEVER go outside, plus you're extremely vulnerable to anything going wrong since you rely on a particular technology to survive AT ALL TIMES, plus by the nature of your colony you need a much more authoritarian and intruding government than anyone is used to

>Europa
>planet
Leaf education.

>The lander was what would actually dig through the ice and drop the submersible
Are you serious? That sounds like a much greater scale than space projects tend to be. It'd be a lot of weight to haul a long-ass way if they want to dig through the ice there.

Planet fag , you'll have to slum it with us here on earth muhahaha!
Let's not have Muslims travel outside earth

We could at least strip mine Mars for metal and fuel.

>Cells on a space rock = life
>Cells in a womens uterus = not life
Liberals

Mars is the stepping stone to the asteroid belt. Who cares if there is more life out there. We need resources to expand our domination.

Mars isn't necessarily based good base of operations. It spends significant time on the other side of the sun and cannot be reached or communicated with.

>that can potentially alter the future forever meanwhile
How? Give a few examples.

This specific planned lander would have done nothing of the sort; it would probe the uppermost few cms of ice to look for labile organics, and it may have been outfitted with a very simple ice-penetrating radar to do a single depth measurement where it landed.

Proper landers that can drop a submersible are definitely in demand, but this mission is a simple characterization mission to first see if the ice is thin enough to drill through to probe the ocean.

t. Scientist involved with the mission

>just an orbiter it would be pointless t. armchair planetary scientist

The lander would be cool but it was a pipe dream, that payload would be stupidly heavy, they would need SLS block II with the EUS upper stage and at this point we aren't even sure that rocket will ever fly in the mid 2020s

even if it had a ride it would be a 20+ billion dollar program start to finish. I think just the flyby/orbiter with some good instruments to scan below the ice and study the geophysics would be amazing

Or to put it another way it spend a significant amount of time vastly closer to everything the Earth is very far away from. Giving direct support to operations near Mars.

Just get a bunch of NEETs, they can handle being cramped into a little space for long periods of time :^). But, you would in theory go outside unless you're not counting space suits. I see what you mean though, I think its feasible but would require lots of screening, planning and preparation to build a permanent colony.
They apparently had something planned out, it was supposed to use a laser rather than a drill.
God no, I'm sick of niggers, jews and their other melanin enriched friends.
We don't know if it'd be single celled organism, horrifying giant sea monsters or nothing. But Alien life is rarer than pregnant women. Also
>wanting 10 million more niggers

>NASA managed to grow plants just fine in the ISS, Mars soil apparently can grow crops, Mars also has water and ice. Power could be done in numerous different ways.

Elaborate please. Genuinely curious. Just saw the film for the first time and are currently looking for the books.

this

Trump wants to be like Nixon and be a part of this.
I only hope that some of the Moonwalkers will live to see it. Especially Aldrin.

But what do you do if something breaks? Or if something critical breaks? Your colony is basically doomed to destruction if you have a power failure

youtube.com/watch?v=ikoNQNj9ZnU

You're actually retarded. Maybe in a world where Europa has already been explored retarded millennial faggots like you wouldn't exist. That's just one example though, I'm not sure how many retards are in your family too. +1 example for each

I meant the user I replied to. Greentext was a total accident.

So you can't give a single example of how a this mission could "potentially alter the future forever". Other than in the generic chaos theory sense.

OH COOL INSTEAD OF EXPLORING LETS JUST ORBIT EUROPA ANOTHER TIME FOR NO FUCKING REASON IM SURE THATS WORTH MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF DOLLARS

WOW SOUNDS REAL FUCKINGG NEATO

LETS JUEST NEUTER THE WHOLE FUCKING MISSION AND CALL IT A SUCCESS

HOLY FUCK LOOK HOW GREAT AMERICA IS NOW

WOW THANKS TRUMP

IF I WANTED DISTILLED ESSENCE OF FAGGOTRY BLOWN UP MY ASS I WOULD HAVE VOTED FOR CLINTON

Trump is worried that if we discover life, we will have to start sending foreign aid there.

>Europa is one of the most likely planets to contain alien life
A fucking leaf made this thread, with this idiocy. Of course.

>Europa
>planet

So I guess everyone that would love to get a multi function scanning orbiter around any number of bodies are all fucking morons because if you don't land it's fucking worthless?

Better to focus on one mission at a time, especially with something as ambitious as a Mars colony.

nasa.gov/content/veggie-plant-growth-system-activated-on-international-space-station
nasa.gov/feature/cabbage-patch-fifth-crop-harvested-aboard-space-station
jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.php?feature=6680
I must have been fed wrong information then
If SpaceX got in on it it could reduce costs, But perhaps it was a bit too much of an optimistic date for the project.
Either spare parts would need to be brought or some sort of more advanced 3D printer could be used to print more parts.

>Europa
>planet
CANADIAN EDUCATION EVERYONE

Strip mine Mars first! We can always siphon the gases out of Jupiter and Saturn next.

(you)
Ignore this faggot

seriously?

>Jupiter and Saturns moons are far more interesting than that dead turd Mars
>Jupiter and Saturn's moons
>moons
It was a minor fuck up calm your autism and go back to your beloved nigger dick threads

Europa is more of a planet than you'll ever be!

Europa is a moon

A lander that could drill through the ice is definitely 'on the books' in the sense that NASA would like to attempt one in the future if they can determine the state of the upper shell, it's thickness, depth to liquid water, possibility of organics, and the shallowest parts of the ice shell are known. All of which will (hopefully) be better understood with the Europa 2020 mission.

'Ice drill lander' would likely be the next Europa mission if all goes well with the current planned one.

Mars is closer so they can spread (((diversity))).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm
Thanks though

In the far future Europa is going to be super important for fuel.

And the technology to make a colony on Europa can be developed and tested on earth since the colonies will be constructed inside the ice.

Since the ice is over 15-25 kilometers thick it would be impractical to make a submerged colony due to the pressure.

Europa is irrelvant at this point in time faggot. DO NOT QUESTION THE GOD EMPEROR YOU TRAITOR

Come on you should assume everyone on Sup Forums has some form of autism. That's on you.

Still too expensive to get shit out of orbit to build a permanent colony, until that problem is fixed, its all going to be small missions that still cost billions.

wtf is this?

it's all symbolic. he wants to go to war and deny christ

Makes sense then, I could be wrong but from what I remember the
I want to "diversify" those Europan Mermaid girls
I'm more interested to see if it's a habitable world, but I guess it does need to have some sort of monetary incentives for the money jews to fund it.
>trying to find life in the universe is irrelevant
>going to a planet we already know is dead is relevant
Maybe Trump isn't too involved in the Space policies? Especially after that pathetic budget that was given to NASA. Reminder that you spend more money so niggers can riot and shit out more niggers than you do on space travel.

fair enough

ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS - EXCEPT EUROPA.

ATTEMPT NO LANDINGS THERE.

Titan really is the jewel of the outer solar system. Unbelievable amounts of hydrocarbons, the same geologic processes/features that we see on Earth, truly amazing. If I had my pick of any target for a outer solar system mission, it's Titan.

>wtf is this
REEEE 2010 ODYSSEY YOU
YOU DARE CALL AMERICANS UNCULTURED

This is EUROPA

If there is any other life in the solar system it is almost certainly there

But sure, let's let India or some other shit country discover alien life.. let's just take a backseat to space and just stop trying

It's fine

According to you it's a win

because landing on mars is more of a priority. Europa is farther away and it only makes logical sense to try and inhabit the closest planet to us.

I find Enceladus to be quite interesting as well, I don't know why the gas giant's moons are more interesting than the other planets in our solar system
Enceladus, Titan and ganymede also seems like good contenders as well. But yeah, I'd rather those shitholes not discover life before us, but I also don't want them to get to mars before us either. Maybe we need to cut the US's nigger pet feeding and military budget and put it into space. Also stop fighting wars for israel, also cut their undeserved funds.