What do you guys think about people who live off the grid...

What do you guys think about people who live off the grid? Sound like the right way to say "fuck you" to this trash society.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XXy2IoqwNjw
youtube.com/watch?v=2qh8OPhXjT8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>What do you guys think about people who live off the grid?
IQs too low for city life

>leaf

This is exactly what I am working towards for the same reason. If the SJWs and (((them))) take over its the safest bet for white folk. Probably going to do it in Montana where the shitskins will be to cold to find me.

It's true I've never met a rural or suburban intellectual

Well goy enjoy being ass-fucked by jews in your safe little cities while real men survive and refuse to succumb to the will of actual retards.

Great, but it's not like you need to cut your internet connection or refuse to travel.

Day of the rake

rural and suburban retards who probably voted drumpftykin - real high IQ men live in cities

Impossible to do if you want electricity (more than a small waterwheel will provide if you have a river on your property), since solar panels cost more than the electricity they provide, and they break down regularly so you have to buy new ones.

Not to mention that in most countries, laws are such that they discourage this heavily in numerous ways, if not outright forbid it.

Very cool in theory but how long could you realistically survive on your own without starving or going insane.

Better team up with like minded people and join a resilient rural community.

You're all going to hang, leaferinos

Literally impossible unless you're okay with a greatly lower standard of living.

Who cares about IQ if it means your kids end up being sexually confused genderfluid trannies?

youtube.com/watch?v=XXy2IoqwNjw

I saw someone on YT allegedly powering his whole house from a small river with 20-30 psi. Is it really that viable?

>only solar panels
why not harness a small river energy
hookup a car alternator to a voltage regulator and a small dam..

It might be...
By the way solar is in some sense viable too.
In the sense that it can certainly pay back as a hybrid with grid (no batteries), saving about $50 after first year with two panels (ofc it's nothing, but it means it can pay back).

Depends on what you mean by "whole house", the problem is that if you buy commercial systems you again run into the same issue as with solar panels (the cost is too high to pay for itself for a number of years, and by then it will need repairs etc.) - if you do it yourself and don't spend too much on it you can power a few light bulbs, a laptop, that sort of thing. Nothing major.

There's one trick about this shit if you own a house in a good city.

You can start building that thing in the woods while using your old house for the rent. So you gain money while doing this cool stuff.

>interacting with the outside world in any way

GET OUT NORMIE

*house or apartment

It's the superior way to live in todays society.
Only low IQ retards (aka citydwelling faggots) would chose to live any other way.

2-3kw a day If I member correctly.
Batteries are what puts me off when it comes to off the grid solutions. Stuck with diesel generator

Prepping and owning land is the most intelligent thing one could do to secure a future against what's coming. Getting off the grid doesn't mean giving up electricity or the internet or the power grid. It means being prepared. The power grid becomes a backup. But don't be dependent on electricity. Get as many mechanical items as you can that don't rely on circuit boards. Exploit everything as the best of both worlds: nature native + technologist. Farming equipment, wells, solar, wind, diesel, propane, wood, coal. You better have your vast stocks of guns, ammo, weapons, medicine, water, purification, batteries, lighting. Stock up on very useful things most people take for granted. Even things as basic as boots and clothes will be hard to get when society collapses. Think about it in terms of supplies for your friends/family/militia and future trade, so stock up on all sizes, including raw materials and tools.

Ratty metrosexuals like this guy be the first to die:

Except for pure practical reasons you clearly won't be living in the woods with no access to anything for years while someone else is living in your place in the city.

>2-3kw a day If I member correctly.

>In 2015, the average annual electricity consumption for a U.S. residential utility customer was 10,812 kilowatthours (kWh), an average of 901 kWh per month.

So you can see where the problem lies - you need 20-30kwh/day for a regular lifestyle (obviously you can get away with less if you know what you're doing, a lot of this is wasteful spending, but not with that much less).

>It means being prepared.
Unless you're in a country where you can own tanks and gunships as well as an army to operate them, you're just LARPing. In the societal breakdown scenario there's nothing you'll get from being "that guy that stockpiles shit" except a bullet in the head from the people who want said shit.

>to all those who dont strive for self sufficiency

You hardly go outside at all, you fat fucking syrup nigger.

>build a place yourself
>build house style on an rv frame so it's not a taxable structure = nearly no property tax, only for the land
>so cheap no mortgage
>so cheap no home insurance
>do own utilities so not robbed from being charged fake usage & made up money grab fees, no perpetual future increases
>keep thousands of your dollars instead of going to illegal aliens, niggers on welfare, jews, & sjws.
>less cost of living
>more control

What's not to like?

>20-30kwh/day
Insane numbers for off the grid. Small fridge, bulbs and tv/pc. Comfy life with under 5kw a day.

>Except for pure practical reasons you clearly won't be living in the woods with no access to anything for years while someone else is living in your place in the city.
???
First, no one says you should setting for rent immediately.
Second, you can live in a tent like a camper at first if you want to.
Third, many people have their parents' house so they can combine last two if they want to.

There are plenty of options

>Unless you're in a country where you can own tanks and gunships as well as an army to operate them, you're just LARPing.
No. Smart people don't have loose lips. They don't talk about all of their supplies and underground storage locations. Smart people form good relationships with neighbors and build militias. Smart people congregate in similar land areas and band together and protect themselves from the hordes. Get far away from the city and start prepping or fucking forget it. The US government could barely handle a New Orleans flood. They will not be there for the 99.99% of the US once the power grid is down for good and food supplies dry up in days.

>Smart people congregate in similar land areas and band together and protect themselves from the hordes.
Worked just fine in Waco and Ruby Ridge, didn't it.

(((They))) make it impossible to be purley off-grid. With sales tax, regulations, etc. Really kicks my nuts.

*property tax

Not really, do more research

>Unless you're in a country where you can own tanks and gunships as well as an army to operate them, you're just LARPing.
Practice in societal collapses shows that your people = your everything. When you live in the rural areas, everyone knows everyone unlike in the city where people start randomly killing and robbing each other like mindless monkeys whenever they don't have their civilization gifts for a few days.

Unless an actual army is directed at your area you will be ok. And to not get an actual army directed at your area, make it unprofitable to. Don't have things they want, live cheap and easy, don't show off your weapons, etc

My wife stands to inherit a 35 acre farm from her great uncle's estate. We're planning on becoming as self sufficient as is feasible to do, and going off grid if possible.

I live at roughly 9200'.
Been off-grid for the past 8 years.

Not because I'm a filthy cocksucking hippie, but because going off-grid was far cheaper than the cost of installing grid power.

The nearest mid-sized city is an hour and a half away, in good weather; about 40 miles as the crow flies.
Coincidentally, that’s the nearest place you’ll see a nigger—they’re terrified of the woods.

We've already got 34’ of snowfall this season, average is 35’.

Problem with OP's picture is that hilariously tiny solar array in front of the house. At best those are 200W panels, which means if they are oriented perfectly south they would collect 400 Amps of power over 6 hours on a perfect day--and there are no perfect days. Since they're between trees, shadows would shut down production outside those 6 hours (less in winter).
Factor in cable losses and they'll see roughly 340Ah going into their batteries. Also consider roughly 20% loss if they use an inverter for running 120V appliances. They won't be using much technology.

For some reason what I'm saying isn't clear to you. I'm talking about prepping for the fall of electricity-dependent civilization and communities naturally having to defend against more thugs. I'm not talking about compounds defending themselves against jackbooted feds.

>When you live in the rural areas, everyone knows everyone
Are you talking about living in an actual village? I thought this was about living in the middle of nowhere.

If you're talking about living in a village (or reasonably near one), the villagers won't accept you if you haven't been born there so good luck when the shit hits the fan, you'll be a prime target for people who actually belong to the community.

And I'm talking about the government not allowing such communities to even form in the first place, not even in the "land of the free", as is evident from these examples, much less in the rest of the world.

>sales tax
don't be a consumer, be more selective, buy used, make stuff, grow own food as much as possible, for fuel, build a hybrid/buy a prius and do the mod out there that lets it run off battery past 35mph, add more battery, charge with your solar setup, wala, only time you spend money on gas, half of which is tax, is on long trips. If you build a vehicle, you make it three wheeled to classify as a motorcycle, boom, your car insurance is now $100 instead of $500.
>regulations
see: The hard nut to crack is medical, eat right, exercise, setup a healthy environment like air cleaning plants in the house, remove/never add toxic stuff, filter water, growing own food so reduced pesticides, medical tourism for prolonged health issues, for emergencies.. I don't know, if there would be a vastly cheaper insurance for that, that would be great but I haven't found that yet.

whats your power setup?

I generate power with solar panels. 4620 watts of panels, 3600Ah of battery storage at 48V.

I think they see the writing on the wall and know better. If I had the means, I'd separate as much as I could do too and surround myself with people who support my values. The only people getting mad about it are the same people who expect us to work to fund, fuel, and feed their eventual megacities so they can live in a Weimar Republic without consequence.

Kek, I lived all my life in city, it's hell no other word describes it better, neverending rat race. It's two years I moved to house I inherited when my father died. The first year was hard but now I'm more happy than I've ever been. Yes I have to drive one hour to work but it's worth it. Also rural girls are down to earth and are great. I can't say that about city sluts

You don't know what you speak of. Perhaps your words apply to Croatia. In the United States, communities spread out with land, farms, and gun ownership make up the bulk of the area, the further one steps away from cities. Cities like New York, Chicago, and LA are so totally dependent on importation and public transit that tens of millions of people will be destitute and murdering over scraps, living in squalor, praying for airdropped food and medicine if they're lucky.

>Are you talking about living in an actual village?
Middle of nowhere probably wouldn't be touched by anyone either way, but it's a bit too autistic.

>If you're talking about living in a village (or reasonably near one), the villagers won't accept you if you haven't been born there
They are actually pretty welcoming people in most places, much more so than in cities. Of course, I assume that people I know are representative of all, which they might be not. You can check it first, before buying anything there.

>tens of millions of people will be destitute and murdering over scraps, living in squalor, praying for airdropped food and medicine if they're lucky
this

>Canadian Education

>communities spread out with land, farms, and gun ownership make up the bulk of the area
Ok, and when someone goes from a city to such a "community", what's the first thing that happens? Local cops hassle him, local criminals hassle him, local farmers hassle him, local business owners hassle him, all because he bought property that wasn't "meant for him" but someone in the local power structure wanted it for himself.

>Also rural girls are down to earth and are great.
Really, they don't have smartphones or internet connection in rural Czechia?

you re wrong. that doesn't happen in the us.

Lol, tell your wife to stop seeing her bull for a month. Get back to me after you know what it's like to not be a bitch.

They have but when you live in rural area you have to work around your house, they are used to house work and they can cook and bake something city girl barely can or will do. Rural life is not for everyone but so is city life. I made my choice when I was 27 and I know I'm never comming back to live in a city.

>their eventual megacities
Yep. Their dream is to get more people into megacities with only public-controlled transit, using greenwashing propaganda to make them feel like they're saving the earth. Immobilized. Skyscraper dystopia. Disconnected from nature. Millions of more people will be packed into a smaller space like sardines. What could possibly go wrong?

>megacities

Problem, creep?

False. I wonder which movies you're watching to give you that impression. The US might have its rare "Deliverance" retard zones, but most farm and country land is friendly.

So they're the exact same whores as city women (but dumber and more animalistic, since there's nothing to do there that elevates one's spirit, so they all drink and fuck 24/7 until, and usually after, marriage) except they can cook, sounds like a dream.

Must be nice to live in this idyllic small community and meeting all the guys your wife has fucked before she met you every day - the milkman, the postman, the baker, three local hunters (all at once), the local drug dealer... and the village is too small to have a local doctor, so you have to go to the nearest town to meet the one who fucked her.

I live off the Grid by having left the United States 18 years ago. it is the only way. Living on a dirt road 10 miles from a suburb or exurb is not "off the grid". You could be found in 30 minutes or less. You have to LEAVE North America like I did. Not only that but you must live in a variety of different countries as I have. Moving to the middle of nowhere in your own country just makes you an Indian who is vaguely inconvenienced by driving distances. Living in Asian cities is the only way. To be honest though, the government does not actually give a single shit about you anyhow. Americans think this. It is not true.

You HAVE TO LEAVE YOUR COUNTRY TO LIVE OFF THE GRID. This is what I did. Otherwise there is not use and you are just inconveniencing yourself.

>Really, they don't have smartphones or internet connection in rural Czechia?
Go to rural areas sometimes.
You will notice:
- it's very quite
- extremely few people on the square meter
- more volunteer physical activity

It's like comparing an animal cage to the meadow... Which actually what it is

>off the grid
>uses pvc windows designed by city people
>uses solar panels designed by city people
>uses the solar panes to power home appliances designed by city people
>can still travel back to the city in case something goes wrong and enjoy the modern healthcare that's meticulously maintained and constantly improved by city people

k

very well said.

the modern megapolis city sterilizes everything. it swallows up every authentic action, every true meaningful person, and brings it down to a cog in the machine, a deracinated individual without any tradition or genuine relationships, an anonymous ghost among other ghosts in a landscape of concrete

So? The same propaganda is still being pumped into them, and the same resources are still at their disposal.

But they can shovel shit, this is the most valuable skill for a wife, it makes everything else pale in comparison!

you are projecting really hard
>same whores as city women (but dumber and more animalistic)
it's better to cucked by 10 same men than 1000 isn't it
>there's nothing to do there that elevates one's spirit, so they all drink and fuck 24/7
dude, you don't even know how many thing you can do in nature and yes one of them is sex
the village I live in has 4 permanent residents including me
>so you have to go to the nearest town to meet the one who fucked her
even if I lived I city I had to drive to work and to doctor to Prague since nowhere else the are decent jobs and doctors
be salty how you want but I love the quiet when I get back from work. I'm not saying go live in rural area honestly stay in city, cunts like you don't belong here

>the village I live in has 4 permanent residents including me
And they gave you the village bicycle for free? Or how did you meet your pure altright redpilled tradwife?

>AHHHHH FALLING IN LOVE
Dont post those without warning

The feds actually got BTFO in the end. Literally.

You're right. It's better to do experience all of those things in the grand old city, where your future wife has fucked the hundreds at best. As long as we get to stick it to those countrybumpkins though, right guys?!

Whores are whores but you the city is an entirely different beast after a certain point. Don't bother comparing.

Well said to you as well, user. If you want a taste of what globalists are pushing, search non-mainstream sources about UN "Agenda 21". It's an attempt to circumvent state/federal laws by targeting cities and home owners associations to jump on board directly "voluntarily" (often with no real local vote on the matter), which ends up drastically changing zoning laws to make the areas hostile to regular families and small business. Here's a taste of one of their think-tank's "promotions" years back which was removed when they saw outrage. I wish it was satire. Plannedopolis, where modern life is centrally planned, freedom is a joke for barbarians, and being cucks is civility:
youtube.com/watch?v=2qh8OPhXjT8

>(((off the grid)))
>solar panels manufactured in China, shipped across the planet, and installed by a contractor licensed by the government

>installed by a contractor licensed by the government

>lol wut

>So they're the exact same whores as city women (but dumber and more animalistic, since there's nothing to do there that elevates one's spirit, so they all drink and fuck 24/7 until, and usually after, marriage) except they can cook, sounds like a dream.

You're projecting.

In about 3 weeks we’ll be starting seeds in our greenhouse then planting the seedlings in the garden 3 weeks later. The pigs and chickens need tending daily. 3 meals a day to be cooked—no fast food out here. About the time the garden is planted we start cutting firewood to lay up for the winter after next; we go early and come home late so we can fish in the mornings and evenings. Early fall is for canning vegetables and fruits, late fall is for hunting. We have a full workshop for both wood and metalwork. We’re going to cut the last ice of the season this week, and will be expanding the root cellar this summer. Throw in household chores (no maids out here either), maintenance and repairs to the house and all the outbuildings, vacation time, baking, and running a business to boot.

Idle hands are the devil’s tool.

>Or how did you meet your pure altright redpilled tradwife
I'm cucking boys in the next village they have few qts there I'm not going to get married again even if I met some religious virgin
The other 3 persons here are old grandmas but they have nice granddaugthers that visit them and summer holidays are comming :^)

>hey she's pretty ni--
>that belly fat
>those cuntish nails
2/10, would not operate with.

Don't tell them the truth! We hate you and will burn your house down. Stay in you liberal city forever please.

Definitely admirable.
It's what every man should strive towards.
Especially with battery and solar tech it's becoming even more possible.
Entire towns in Aus are being built that are completely off the electrical grid.
It's actually cheaper here to just get battery storage and solar and go completely off the grid as well.

The point is to stock up on useful things while you still can. Besides solar panels, that includes lots of other shit currently made in China: gear, metal/woodworking equipment, shoes, wires, storage. If you find US sources for what you want, buy USA first.

>installed by a contractor licensed by the government
No.

Shit. You're right.

>IQs too low for city life
someday the meme will be 'too smart to live'

t. woman

wait...aren't the city people all green tree-hugging faggots? They should love their solar people in the woods...

wew lad...project much?

You seem to have some issues pal. Stay in the city with your degenerate brethren.

This guy is so much less degenerate than a city dweller?

We should just settle for that and everything will be fine, right?

>Ok, and when someone goes from a city to such a "community", what's the first thing that happens? Local cops hassle him, local criminals hassle him, local farmers hassle him,
not my community at all.. no local cops, no local criminals to worry about, farmers are nice
I know everyone within 3 miles of my house by name. It is VERY rare to see a car drive by my house and i don't know who is driving it.

I wish. Oh how I wish. The Netherlands makes doing this impossible. You're pretty much never further away from civilization than a few miles. And our lives are heavily regulated. Off the grid is damn near impossible, unless one has a few million euros.

How so? What do they do for that?
What about hydro power?

illegale in Belgium
>nuke us already

If anyone in my community found out those chicks would never be able to marry, and may even be disowned. And their mothers here would support it.

Sadly, Germany is way too densely populated to really go off-grid. Best you can hope for is a small village with similar minded people.

Also, post more girls with guns.

Solar panels cost more than utility electricity sure, but they still work. Spend 20 grand, you have electricity for 25 years.

And it's a lot cheaper if you don't need that normal household amount of electricity. I could be comfortable with a sixth of that.

Maybe it's because I grew up in city? Maybe it's because my wife of 5 years cheated me with my best friend got pregrant and tried to tell me it's mine? Maybe because she took my flat our dog and half of my money I just want to have sex and nothing serious with women anymore. And don't worry the granddaughters are way above their 20's
>If anyone in my community found out those chicks would never be able to marry, and may even be disowned.
for what, for having sex?

sometimes I'm glad this is atheist shithole

You can make cheap batteries yourself. They're not for cars, so bulkiness and iniffiency isn't an issue.

Thank you

Or just buy a beater mazda and rerun the fuel lines to run on fumes

Zoning almost everywhere bans living in RV s for more than 30 days per year. Even in the middle of nowhere. Alaska is an exception.