What does Sup Forums think about global warming?

Other urls found in this thread:

ipcc.ch/pdf/assessment-report/ar5/syr/AR5_SYR_FINAL_SPM.pdf.
cfact.org/2017/02/07/29373/
skepticalscience.com/Climategate-temperature-record.html
hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/thermo/solact.html
sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/08/140818095204.htm
space.news/2015-10-06-entire-solar-system-is-heating-up-scientists-blame-solar-warming.html
livescience.com/1349-sun-blamed-warming-earth-worlds.html
science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2011/14apr_thewatchedpot
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No.

Exists, not man made

I wish it would get here soon. It's April and I still have to put on the heating constantly.

We don't have enough data, so I'm not completely convinced. Plus, Western civilization is ingenuitive enough to deal with a threat that at least concerns almost all of the population, so if things do start getting really bad I'm sure we'll find a way to correct that shit.

its real

exists, even if man contributes to it, carbon tax is a scam which just lets companies pollute all they want in exchange for planting a few trees which will eventually be chop down for wood anyway.

Current solutions are scams, no possible way to stop this unless all of mankind goes hunter gatherer, ww3 is the cure.

Save the tress, save the bees!
Save the whales, save those snails!

i wish it would fucking hurry up. I'm fucking freezing

(((They))) want you to think it's fake so that ((oil companies))) can make more profits. Trump thinks it's fake because he is a kike shill.

>not reading my perfectly reasonable explination

bring it on, the warmer the better

>What does Sup Forums think about global warming?
Global warming is real. I went through grade school in the early 80s. In that time we were told of 9 planets and that we were at the end of an ice-age....and that temps would go up in the future.

Is climate change real? Yes. Is it man-made? No. It is a natural process that has happened many times (proven scientifically). This time however, we happen to be alive to observe it, and automatically assume that it must be our fault....It is not. We may have an effect, but I don't think it is worthwhile to even try to figure it out.

Bottom line. It is getting warmer, irrelevant of humans or not.

>global hoaxing
ftfy

Cap and trade is a good system, bit for some reason (((they))) don't want it.

also, does anyone else remember the discovery channel series about global warming actually leading to an ice age? It had a model of the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf Stream current that moves hot water from the equator up to the North Pole and keeps the ice from expanding downwards. Their theory was that if the ocean temperature increases, it would slow down this whole process and it would let the ice from the North expand into Canada, Europe and Russia.

its obviously real but im not sure how fast it will happen

With the Copenhagen research tracking temperatures found no change occurring over the years, then it was edited to remove pesky data that disproved their hypothesis until it showed an increase was occurring.

I'm doubtful that global warming is real, since if it was then it wouldn't be so difficult to just put out some charts of the past temperatures to show what increase is occurring that could affect us. As it is, over the past two decades the people promoting the theory of global warming have been proven wrong so I don't see a point in respecting them anymore.

planting trees for wood and then using them as "carbon trap" is not environmentalist at all, if you know the least bit about agronomy, you would know trees drain the soil of nutrients when they grow, growing trees and then cutting then and growing more, ruins the soil. If you are planting trees it has to be to permanently forest a place, otherwise it does more harm than good.

Fuck the 3rd world and the UN. Fuck Liberals and Fuck the EPA. Fuck Labour and Fuck Greenies. Make green energy efficient and then you will have something worth a fuck.

stop posting, idiot. go do your school work.

It exists, human factor is not the dominant cause for it.

another jew conspiracy

We as a species must come together under the common goal of completely submerging california.

I don't think about non-existing things.

Thought they call it "climate change" now that a mini ice age is predicted.
Anyway i have noticed that the climate does tend change, some say it's seasonal.

Yeah because we should wait until our planet is on the verge of becoming uninhabitable before we fix/prevent the problem. My cat has more intuition than you

Youll be freezing even more when the freshwater plugs up the deep sea vents plunging us into an ice age

Temperatures aren't hotter
Icecaps are at record levels

Sea levels are rising but that could be anything from solar activity to changing weather patterns.

>massive iceberg up north>
>ice has a tendency to melt
>hey, I know what we'll do! Lets build massive resorts right next to the sea!!
>GOY? FIX GLOBAL WARMING, OUR LUCRATIVE VENUES WON'T MAKE MONEY WHEN THEY ARE FLOODED
Or alternatively
>GOY? BUY THIS 100% ENVIROMENT FRIENDLY CAR FOR DOUBLE THE PRICE OF A REGULAR CAR. DON'T WANT THE SEAS TO RISE RIGHT?

the mantle of the earth has like 10 times the amount of water than the oceans and its all super high pressure fluid vapor that comes out on eruptions, maybe some water is being released in the ocean from the mantle through the bottom floor volcanos and hot water vents

It's fake but I'd want it to happen.

You can't stop it by "cutting down"

Everything has a a beginning and an end.

Everything eventually dies.

I haven't looked enough into it personally as a science. I'm not the type to come to conclusions about things I haven't researched, maybe there's some truth to it if so many researchers in the field talk about it, but that alone isn't fully convincing to me.

Global warming is a hoax just like the spherical earth. There is no proof the earth is heating up and if there is it's doctored by the jews.

stop muddying the waters you son of whore

(((global))) warming is not real cause the earth is not a globe

I take out my trash, i sort trash, i don't pollute, i changed to conserving light bulbs, i changed to conserving car. I think that they should pay me for polluting my environment, the big corp should deposit millions on my account, because they asking me money and they pollute. That's what i think about global warming.

No way to even stop it, unless 7 billion humans suddenly achieve hive-like intelligence and coordinate all their efforts into completely rebuilding civilization from scratch using technology that doesn't exist.

Total red herring
Any political action that would result from admitting we are warming the planet has a million other reasons supporting it
We should put less chemicals in our water and air because they make us sick or literally crazy (mercury)
We should switch to renewable for the simple reason of having a stable reliable energy source

The role of human activity
In its Fifth Assessment Report, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, a group of 1,300 independent scientific experts from countries all over the world under the auspices of the United Nations, concluded there's a more than 95 percent probability that human activities over the past 50 years have warmed our planet.

The industrial activities that our modern civilization depends upon have raised atmospheric carbon dioxide levels from 280 parts per million to 400 parts per million in the last 150 years. The panel also concluded there's a better than 95 percent probability that human-produced greenhouse gases such as carbon dioxide, methane and nitrous oxide have caused much of the observed increase in Earth's temperatures over the past 50 years.

The panel's full Summary for Policymakers report is online at ipcc.ch/pdf/assessment-report/ar5/syr/AR5_SYR_FINAL_SPM.pdf.

>1300 independent experts
>95% probability

Scientific consensus made the very device you're typing on possible, in fact most of us probably wouldn't be alive if it weren't for it. Why is it just this one thing you're skeptical about? Conveniently it is the one thing denied the most by those who have the most to lose. Do you work in the non renewable energy sector? If not, what is your reason for believing something so blatantly wrong?

I mean, you might as well believe in ghosts.

What is it like to be this fucking retarded?

or instead of ww3 we just have to eradicate third world populations before they finish modernizing
India, Africa, and the rest of mainland China's population consuming resources at American or European rates would spell the end of civilization long before off planet resource mining materializes

global warming is a spook
it's a way for leftist environmentalists to seize power and destroy industry

How is it not man made? What else is causing it?

What does this have to do with science: how does this involve the sexual or gender spectrum?

>or instead of ww3 we just have to eradicate third world populations before they finish modernizing
>we just have to eradicate third world populations
>just

Well, it'd be really really easy with modern medicine, but nobody has the balls to do it
So instead we'll keep feeding people who can't feed themselves, forcing civilization on those who would have died out long ago without our assistance

its proven to exist the co2 make sunlicht give off more heat

however the problem is easily solved by doing electrolyse on h2o and using the h atoms to turn co2 into ch4 wich can be stored as a liquid and does not have these problems
2 H2O --electrolyse--> 2 H2 + O2
2 H2 + CO2 ----> CH4 + O2

Sounds hot.

People like to conveniently think Global Warming and Climate Change are the same thing, while Global Warming is just a more specific asessment of the Climatic Change trend.
I don't doubt that the Climate is changing, I do however doubt if it really is man-made. The official narrative dispelled itself to me after I've seen the behavior of pop-scientists towards dissent, which is laughably intolerant. Now I see the narrative more as a shadedown-tool to control companies who don't comply with your regulations. Its also another political tool that is exclusive to liberals. Its also very obvious how we are being held to ridiculous standards while the chinese do whatever the fuck they want, you'd think if they cared about the planet they'd try making deals with the chinese over their pollution.

The world is being destroyed. The left are the ones campaigning to save the world, but they are the actual cause of it. Meanwhile, the right have been controlled and are denying it.

The one and only reason for the destruction of the world is the agricultural revolution. Farmers began to destroy the land thousands of years ago. Farming allowed the massive explosion of the population, which ultimately then leads to the destruction of the world. You will notice that the left never talk about the population. They will talk about everything else, like becoming a vegan, etc, but will deny the reality that with billions of people on earth, anything you do will result in the destruction of the environment.

exists
not entirely man made but surely influenced by man

its possible to lessen man made influence on it without fucking up industry and economy. This should be a priority.

its actually getting better, but we shouldnt let up

if we start fucking it up badly again we arent likely to suffer the consqeuences but our childer or grandchildren sure will

also theres little to no point in cutting the wests air pollution at the cost of industry if countries like china and india dont do their part

Real, but man has no say in how it works. Chrichton was right; man's egotistical belief that he has any real control over the natural world is a lie he tells himself to help him sleep better at night. Props to Al Gore for making a profit off of it, I guess.

ive seen with my own eyes piles of garbage as far as the eye can see

smog so thick i could barely see a barely 50 meters infront of me

everyone is entitled to an opinion but i have all the reason to believe that we produce atleast SOME effect on the environment

wmthe debate should be less on whether it does or does not exist and more on how do we help it without fucking up industry

It can't be stopped either way so it ultimately does not matter

>we
read "China"

This

It's all horse shit. Just a way to invent more taxes and regulation.

>What does Sup Forums think about global warming?
Not much cause it's pseudo jew-science.

Because the earth has been goin through this pattern of heating and cooling since the very beginning the most recent global warming before this was around the time of the Viking scourge

Its most probably true.

ha well jokes on you cause i actually dod mention china on my earlier post

but i guess we have to do SOMETHING small atleast to help push them china and others into working

Here's the thing though, nigger, we are still supposed to be in a "cool" period because these cycles are supposed to last thousands of years (minor fluctuations allowed) but what we're seeing now is that the temperatures are skyrocketing. There is a reason they keep announcing year after year more and more periods of "hottest ever since recording these began".

Yes. But what is causing it to do it this time? Especially globally? There were causes back then.

global co2 levels are near historical lows, unless your name is Rothman

Want the real reason why this planet is going to shit? Population growth.
First off we need to start killing in shit hole countries or start helping them slow their birth rates.
Then start lowering immigration rates in non shit holes.

Want to know a great way to slow population growth? Develop the countries. When people have 8 to 6 jobs and a mortgage they put off having kids and tend to have fewer ones to boot. There will always be outliers (like those crazy mormon sects that still allow polygamy and one dude can have like 20 or 30 kids to himself between a number of wives) but overall the developed worlds sees their natural population plateau and in many case recede.

Real, but the most cited scientific evidence saying its a pandemic is exaggerated and politically fueled weather "forecasting."

Get some perspective

PS those little gaps after the drops are sometimes as long as 10 million years.

10 million years until life recovered.

Planet Earth is resilient.

Hottest period in tme that we have recorded was the medieval ages, the Romans also had an extremely hot period but we have absolutely no way to measure it.
Until i see concrete fucking evidence that this isnt just another extremely hot period i will remain skeptical.
Look i dont doubt that maybe someway humanity has caused some of this shit, but i personally believe it's 100% overblown.

Have a source for data tampering?

>It's a Sup Forums tries to debunk global warming with arguments that were debunked years ago

It's all a Chinese hoax to Jew America, according to trump. Pretty smart guy, really bigly brain. He has all the words.

Good enough for me. Besides, having him in the Whitehouse makes libshits cry. So, bonus.

To add onto this, cutting the wests CO2 etc wont make a fucking difference when countries like India, China and 100% of the developing world will do absolutely NOTHING to help stop it.

Yes the atmosphere is composed exclusively of H2O, O2 and H2 :^)

Theres no point in going 100% green as long as the rest of the third world will do nothing to stop the pollution, so even if everyone wanted to stop it, we couldnt.

But right now we have the highest CO2 level record registered, and the fastest rapid CO2 growth since ever (currently at 37%, past 60% and we will say goodbye to weather forecasts)

>my definition of cold is too hot for the heat we're experiencing!

we still have icecaps and glaciers faggot, by definition we're still in an ice-age because of antarctica

As i said i still believe there is climate change, and i believe humans may have something to do with it, but it doesnt matter in the end because shitholes like India and China put out more garbage into the atmosphere than anyone else

It was general knowledge 10 years ago, what the fuck happened?
cfact.org/2017/02/07/29373/
skepticalscience.com/Climategate-temperature-record.html

Don't worry, we can just get another planet.

>Theres no point in going 100% green
So you want to breath in shitty polluted air? And drink for polluted water?
Going green is more than just global warming, it's about preserving that nature around you.

Then again, going green can be tricky ATM since solar and wind especially is sheeit.

>having him in the Whitehouse makes libshits cry
Liberals like you?
I am loving the tears , you commie

It's happening, but man's influence on it is severely overstated. Current measures are mostly means to undermine western society, while most profit can be gained by innovation.

Desalination of gulf stream, irish people are warned it will make out mild climate into an arctic one

I never said i dont want that, but dont be delusional, we cant afford to revamp everything so quickly, we have too many people and too much infrastructure. Only wide open states like Texas or Kansas can use windpower right now. And from what ive seen from the solar powered buildings here, they have been only somewhat reliable.
This, we stop doing what we do and third worlders surpass us.

100 years ago weather thermometers were at the periphery of cities. They have now been enclosed by expanding cities. Cities generate heat. This is the simple and obvious explanation.

climate change is code for population control

well you shouldnt shit in industry in order to go 100% green
i like what tesla is doing
marketing a green solution by making a product equal or better than alternatives,
not forcing anyone to buy anything just
giving them good incentive to

not like what your country wants to do , dont you all want to completely ban diesels?

That's under the assumption green technology is actually more environmentally sound then current conventional technology. So much of the "green" technology is a scam that is much worse for the environment then comparable conventional .

I dare you to ask me, you know you want too

The earth's climate has literally always been changing.

We're recovered from our last ice age.

Going green means going automation. Replace everyone with robots.

Less people moving around from place to place in their cars, less human waste, more ecological robots.

In a sense, robotisation is turning the Earth itself in a sentient being. What if that's the ultimate goal of life?

it is a hoax, a government agenda to increase its power
the thing that exists is climate change, not man caused -- at least since we don't use freons any longer -- and has existed and will exist till our heavenly orb can retain an atmosphere

Solar activity.

hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/thermo/solact.html

sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/08/140818095204.htm

space.news/2015-10-06-entire-solar-system-is-heating-up-scientists-blame-solar-warming.html

livescience.com/1349-sun-blamed-warming-earth-worlds.html

science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2011/14apr_thewatchedpot

Too late to fix it, If you aren't willing to shoot a brown person for turning on a refrigerator.

Just hope it stays getting warmer and doesn't snap freeze, because that's the end of everything if that happens.

have fun sitting on a warm island roughly as big as the scottish highlands.