Why does the Space Station interior look like shit?

You'd think NASA would sell tax payers SPACE! by showing a really cool, slick interior to the space station.

But do they? No. It always looks like a shitty wiring closet.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vRLkZkgSAYA
youtube.com/watch?v=-gNu85JXX2w
youtube.com/watch?v=-gNu85JXX2w&t=0s
youtube.com/watch?v=iginxrFn3jg&t=0s
youtube.com/watch?v=CsZUkrGGfuo
boards.4tan.org/pol/thread/111693720/
boards.4tan.org/pol/thread/122271758
youtube.com/watch?v=tQ_XmzcwBuU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Function > Form

Another shitty interior with she-stronaut in shitty interior cammo.

It was made by linuxfags

these are real quotes:

'if it doesn't fit into a parabolic flight plane, it can't be done' - t. mr. nasa man

'we can only build rooms the size of what you'd expect to fit into an airbus, don't ask why, that's just how the physics of outer space dictate it' - mr. nasa man

'33! 33! get it? get it, yes!? i'm a freemason you know? a mason! freemasons are really cool. 33! thirtythree thirtythree!' - mr. nasa man

I'd cop that fly tracksuit desu

why would you waste valuable space that could be used for more experiments and equipment just to jerk off some stupid pop science nerds obsessed with retarded (((hollywood))) fantasies

hahahhaha

there's a bunch of poo in loos and slavs up there, what you expect??

'bana up ! bana up! banana up!! my ass' t. nasa man

'i am incredibly ignorant to even the basic facts of life' - mr rapefugee man

Because it is. What do you want, a fucking Death Star?

Thinkpads == God

good answer lel

>why would you waste valuable space that could be used for more experiments and equipment just to jerk off some stupid pop science nerds obsessed with retarded (((hollywood))) fantasies

Experiments?

GMAFB - by now we figured out that there is weightlessness up there. The "experiments" ara a side show for funding while they figure out how long people can live up there. That's about it.

I think that's the point of his post. Stupid flat earther's saying shit like "NASA is a scam".

So, "why would nasa make such shit looking tech if they're just trying to scam you out of your dollars?" And that 's just it, it's not a scam. Function > Form

>Because it is. What do you want, a fucking Death Star?

YES!

Build me a fucking DEATH STAR!

I'd pay extra taxes for a death star

'ooga booga, banana' t. nasa man

Function?

With the shit show pressers they have up there where only a few 1st graders in Moline tune in (and don't pay attention) show that NASA might want to see "We have some awesome shit up here, don't you want to join us and if not send us your tax dollars" tech? Get some Italian designers to Barbarella the shit out of it.

N A S A Fake. debunk this; youtube.com/watch?v=vRLkZkgSAYA

New Russian interior

9 trillion missing from the Pentagon, they probably already have

Real life is not a movie. This is similar to the interior of a warship. It's not fucking star trek.

>GMAFB
you first, not every bit of research is aimed directly at some profound and deep revelation, the ISS is the only thing we've got that allows you to fuck with things in a microgravity environment and there's lots of things to fuck with

>a fucking leaf
we don't have to

Indians gonna poo it up.

I don't need star trek.

Could they invent something like a fucking cabinet? You know - to shove the fucking wires in?

why
it's a waste of money that just gets in the way

>you first, not every bit of research is aimed directly at some profound and deep revelation, the ISS is the only thing we've got that allows you to fuck with things in a microgravity environment and there's lots of things to fuck with

Cool.

Go to ikea and buy a fucking cabinet kit, fly it up there, assemble it, bolt it to a wall and shove the experiments in it.

how retarded is this interrior? it assumes the room has walls a floor and a ceiling... i mean coommon, in space there is no such thing, all side should be identical, just like in Cube

russian really are retarded

Cabinets are heavy.
It costs thousands of dollars to send a single kg of cargo up to the ISS, so they don't send frivolous shit.

That excess wire is heavy too. What would it take to send up a pair of crimpers and some zip ties to shorten the excess?

''it assumes the room has walls a floor and a ceiling... i mean coommon, in space there is no such thing''

>The country that invented postmodernism

>it assumes the room has walls a floor and a ceiling

good lord, you are just totally unaware of how stupid you are, like reverse imposter syndrome

why? when you are in space you need to be comfy on all sides of the room, in this design, there is only one way to look at the room, so people will have to queue in order to get in the room.

you are in space, design could be much better and more practical, to have 4 people work on 4 sides and all feel like they are on the right side.

problem with this design, is that only one guy can get comfy, the rest will be in the way (because you cannot use table with a guy on it)

what do you think about that interior? its spacex ship dragon2 from care salesman.

holy shit am i talking to apes? it's basic design, you can't assume that in space you hold one direction, you need to be more creative and take into account the 0G.

for me this design is a big fail, because it assumes you are on earth

Ahhhhhhhh
My OCD is acting up by only just looking at that mess.
Hide those damm wires at least.
I bet you those laptops are running windows me
or vista.

what Russian? its fake or some non-existan space hotel firm, the only new module we are launching is nauka and it looks nothing like that

looks comfy and luxurious would "pretend to go to outer space in to fool the goyim" 10/10

Did you just assume my rotation is 0g, you fucking shit lord!

You frogposting cunt should google the picture. It's a design for a space hotel of some sorts for fucking space tourists.

>wasting space and mass on cosmetics
>thinking astronauts want to take off a thousand fucking trim pieces to fix one little thing
Yeah fuckin nah I hate that shit in my car, I know they'll hate it in space. They'd just end up getting pissed and throwing all the cosmetic faceplates and shit outside.

It's probably designed that way for convenience. Humans don't really like it when they can't orient themselves in relation to the environment. Just because you're in space doesn't mean you have to make the experience as confusing and alien as possible.

no u
why would I bother, it looked retarded i answered

well in space you lose the sense of up and down, there is no such thing,
and since space is lacking, you need to maximize the usage of a room

Here is a conceptual design for a Mars station.

Notice:

1) Lack of wires and bull shit experiment garbage everywhere?
2) Leaf on side of building?

Absolute bullshit

>does

Something something modular design for quick repairs when necessary

Looks exactly like the Minmus bases I built in KSP

Real estate isn't cheap in space. Every surface must be used. The point isn't to impress Joe U. Plumber from Ohio.

>Could they invent something like a fucking cabinet?
Cabinets are heavy and every extra pound you carry up to space requires more fuel to get there.

>well in space you lose the sense of up and down, there is no such thing

There might not be up & down in space, but you need to have a sense that there is, simply because that's what your body is used to. Otherwise you end up having vertigo when you should be doing useful work.

You have to the stupidest normalfag o. This board.

let thet "spaceship" make at least one flyover around earth orbit and then i'll answer

i could make much more comfy design, that would never fly

also, ISS is a research station on the earth orbit, while (((spaceX))) is a loveboat for millionaires

>Cabinets are heavy and every extra pound you carry up to space requires more fuel to get there.

And guitars?

That looks awesome though, and sci-fi as fuck. I want to go up there right now just to float around and examine all the stuff.

Don't forget
>windows that will be broken in the first storm

>Windows.
Why the ungodly fuck would you put windows on a planet with high speed winds and a thick layer of regolith? Next they'll be trying to put solar panels down. Fucking Leaf's can't even into space so why are they making a retardo design?

Cabinets don't provide morale boost.
If you had OCD and wanted to file everything neatly, how would you feel when shit kept flying everywhere regardeless?

Thanks hivebro.

a lot lighter than cabinets?

Piano. Maracas.

Aye carumba!

waste of money and space that could be better devoted to supplies that actually accomplish something other than satiating some dumbass nerd who doesn't think the space station is aesthetic enough for him

Is that the fucking GTA font?

Satanists get off on putting shit in plain sight or including non-Satanists unwittingly in their activities.

Billions taken in taxes every year....you get a shitty, dirty little capsule that looks like it could've been built in the 70s (it probably was)

>Is that the fucking GTA font?

indeed. it's also "the Price is right" logo font

What is Inetia? for 100

Because in space area is a premium.

>Why does the Space Station interior look like shit?
in space, function>style

I like it

But how does the tennis ball float?????

exactly

youtube.com/watch?v=-gNu85JXX2w

Gridded blue screen is on the ISS.
youtube.com/watch?v=-gNu85JXX2w&t=0s

Gj flattard

how can cameras be real if our eyes aren't real?

> the average macron voter

youtube.com/watch?v=iginxrFn3jg&t=0s

>chroma key backdrop with a white grid
One has to be a special kind of retard to think that

woman's hairstyle is also rediculus
zero G does not work like this

but goyim will eat dat

this guy gets it.

thank you for that video, flattards were saying "find me video, find me video" for ages. And here it is.

What the fuck do you want?
Billions are already being spent on it. Life isnt a scifi movie

Parts of the station are almost 20 years old, and some of the design work was done as far back as the 80's.

Plus every ounce of weight costs money, so there's no reason to bring up a bunch of decorative paneling or anything like that.

>being this retarded
OP also has screens facing a particular way. Kys

So real

That suit is fresh as fuck you autist.

Seriously?

Can't even find a video that doesn't cut off before whatever point it's trying to make?

Seriously, what is the issue in that video?

Dragon V2 might look like that for the media displays and maybe tourist flights, but they'll likely end up stripping all that unnecessary paneling out for crew/cargo missions.

its Progress reboost
youtube.com/watch?v=CsZUkrGGfuo

That is the most stupid thing I've read today.

Has anyone in this thread taken into account the lack of room the ISS has? it takes $10,000 per pound of cargo to send crap up there, and you want to waste it on floors in space?

They're fucking astronauts. They don't get vertigo. If you do, you don't go up there.

You need interfaces from everything from water purifiers to the microwave. Spaces for expierements and putting cabinet doors everywhere is not logical. They serve no purpose besides getting in the way

gridded blue screen is the same thing mythbusters use to show experiments.
It's there for little kids and stupid experiments like this, not for actual NASA work.

The point it tries to make is that she is inside one of those planes that simulate microgravity for a few seconds despite her necklace continuing to float and that the background stuff doesnt move an inch.

nasa is fake, but the earth is not flat. it is hollow in fact

OP is 7 posts full of antarctica, th nazis there, hollow earth and UFOs
boards.4tan.org/pol/thread/111693720/

Nasa being fake
boards.4tan.org/pol/thread/122271758

>It's there for little kids and stupid experiments like this, not for actual NASA work.

NASA on a regular basis streams to schools from ISS where the astronauts demonstrate and explain physics. They are constantly doing educational programs.

Looks like you could use some, yourself.

>The point it tries to make is that she is inside one of those planes that simulate microgravity for a few seconds despite her necklace continuing to float and that the background stuff doesnt move an inch.

There's this thing called momentum.

flat idiots never seen real zerog flight, its a fucking mess.
youtube.com/watch?v=tQ_XmzcwBuU
To even imagine that people can simulate space station zeroG inside a plane that is doing ups and downs is pinacle of retardation

>using greentext to quote

it's because faggot interior designers aren't in charge.

That why I said that experiment was for little kids.

Showing little kids in schools simple physics isn't some big badass science project. The blue screen isn't some big secret. That's the point

lrn2readingcomprehension
>Nasa is fake
yup. There's just a big empty lot here in Houston. No Nasa here

10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound box

>Ex-NASA employee
>They are sending the wrong people to space