What's your opinion on the death penalty?

What's your opinion on the death penalty?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=USof0-elroA
youtube.com/watch?v=H7DnHmQ8tE4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scaphism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dead burgers, not bad and many such cases!

How else are we going to deal with prison overcrowding?

I'm all for it if the evidence is strong

killing is wrong

I wish we had it

Necessary, there's too many people in the world now and it's too expensive to lock them away for life

You English is more broken than my dick after a fat chick sat on my lap when I had a stiffy.

kill all non-whites

Morally it's fine but it costs too much money and gums up the system. Life in prison is cheaper and more efficient.

I also wouldn't support speeding up the execution process anyways because even with our current system mistakes are made and innocents are convicted.

Bogged down with red tape to the point that it is more expensive than life in prison. The only viable justification for it is retribution.

We don't need it if you kill your self, now post real content please

Death penalty is wrong because sometimes we execute an innocent.

They say that only the mentally ill commit truly horrible crimes. Should we not heal the sick?

Should be used more liberally.
Prisons also shouldn't make profit.

A necessary good

>Morally it's fine but it costs too much money and gums up the system. Life in prison is cheaper and more efficient.
How?

im ok with it on terrorism and pedophilia charges

youtube.com/watch?v=USof0-elroA
youtube.com/watch?v=H7DnHmQ8tE4

use bullets instead of injections

We put down the rabid dogs don't we

this. Also the state shouldn't have such power.

kek

I think we should have death penalty in form of duel:

So if man is sentenced to death he gets a pistol and told not tolive certain area otherwise police will kill him.

Then the executioners )armed with pistols too) come with task only to kill the man.

IF the man survives (kills executioners) hes granted freedom

>tfw my engilsh is shit

This.
For paedophilia and murder if there's conclusive evidence.

Not brutal enough. People who get executed get it really easy. They should bring back the chair, that was perfection

livestream it on national tv and you could make some money on it

who the fuck would sign up to the executioner role and risk their life?

Why not have other murderers instead?
Make it into a gladiator style game and kill criminals in the process.

It's fine.

The number of miscarriages of justice are a statistical irrelevance

>and it's too expensive to lock them away for life
the death penalty is more expensive than life in prison though

Mercy kill them

drug dealers = death penalty
embezzlement of tax money = treason = death penalty
homicide = death penalty without leniency
three-strike repeat offenders of any crime = death penalty

Make it public and require public witnesses through the same system as the jury. Death penalty can only be granted in a case where there is absolutely infallible evidence.

False sentencing = death penalty.

All prisons are now solitary cells now. You shit in your cell, you sleep in your cell, you eat in your cell, and you're given books and shit to keep yourself preoccupied from going insane.

Some people become police officers and they risk their lives.

I think we have enough dumb fucks who want to wark for greater good for society.

i enjoyed these thanks norge

Only for non-whites

legal costs. Basically to be convicted of the death penalty you have to spend millions on lawyers. Once the conviction happens, the legal process continues because the defense attorneys wll file appeals and stays and everything they possibly can to do postpone the excecution, and the state has to review everything

Because you get to appeal a number of times before you're executed, court time etc is expensive.

so let's say someone kills a man and is sentenced to this. If he once again kills a man he's let go in your system....had too much vodka there Ivan?

I'm okay with it if the victim is guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt and they make it cheaper to implement.

Or how about having gladiator style tournaments for death penalties?

>be granted in a case where there is absolutely infallible evidence
this is so extremely rare though. innocents will die in your system

I doubt you'd care about the statistical irrelevance of it if you were innocent and sentenced to death.

Because you can only get death penalty usually from highest court, which usually means the highest paid judges in the nation as well, but not only that, you've pretty much burned through multiple courts and if your nation is obligated to provide you with a lawyer like with US, you might be going through multiple lawyers.

Additionally, when your life is on the line, you'll go through every single mitigating factor you can come up with and all these super high paid legal experts have to go through all that in order to come to a verdict.

My personal opinion is that the state shouldn't have death penalty during peacetime, but it should count as a migitating factor in a murder trial if the person you killed was a known murderer, rapist or there's evidence to support that he was linked to organized crime and if it's a first offence, you could get put on parole.

conscript prisoners into the military. I'm sure they could do something useful

Hanging is literally painless and instant when done right, and any guard would do it for a free lunch.

If it's rare then how will innocents die if it's required?

Dead men cannot repay their crimes. Alive ones can work, be it forced or not.

Makes liberals butthurt so it's good.

It will instill fear to others and cut crime rates

In any place on this earth where the death penalty is used, the crime is statistically much higher. That alone is enough reason to be against it.

we should also harvest there organs

it was never the execution itself that's the expensive part though

That's GAF

Better than life imprisonment, also more humane. If it's determined that a person can't function in society, then why keep them alive in a cage?

But the waiting period should be no longer than 6 months after sentencing.

Absolutely retarded for the simple reason you have no way to recover someone proven innocent. A telltale sign of retardation.

Should be abolished.

Not because I'm a liberal faggot but because I think rotting in a 6 by 8 foot artificially lit concrete box for the rest of your life is an infinitely more suitable punishment than painlessly being put to sleep in a dentists chair.

because no system is infallible. Innocents will slip through. How do you judge what is "proof without a doubt"?
People admit to crimes they didn't commit all the time, eyewitnesses get it wrong all the time in any system innocents will be punished that's why I am against the death penalty because after death even if new evidence comes up that aquits them of their crime it's too late, with life in prison at least they have a chance at freedom

Terrible idea. They can't be trusted.

This. That it's a deterrent is a meme that needs to die. It's a thing of underdeveloped nations with underdeveloped crime.

is that a man ass

Posting inane, retarded blanket statements = death penalty

Faggot

>It will instill fear to others and cut crime rates
it literally doesn't though. Seriously dude there are multiple studies on this in your neighour to the south. Criminals don't think about the death penalty or any punishment whilst commiting a crime because they don't intend to be caught. The death penalty does not lover violent or any crime

>let's forget all other factors and shit some unbiased statistics
The fact that death penalty is the only way to make justice to certain crimes is enough to state it
Torture should be legal too

If life in prison doesn't deter someone, why would the death penalty? Murderers usually aren't rational people like you and I.

Good point. Minor nitpick though: it's been getting harder and harder to source the drugs used in lethal injection and the process fucks up enough that the state gets sued for bad execution, which keeps inmates on death row for longer.

>Better than life imprisonment, also more humane
how is it more humane to not give them a chance at redemption by either proving they are innocent or serving their time?

>But the waiting period should be no longer than 6 months after sentencing
great way to insure even more innocents are collateral damage user, "good" thinking!

Better feed him from tax dollars right?
Yes, man faught bravel to get his life. Man gets hes right to be alive.
Also, executioners are crazy people in todays wolrd, just like policemen. Only people who love killing kill.

The idea is perfect, but still needs to be finilized.
Deprivation of liberty is the worst kind of penalty.

This is bullshit and let me tell you why - recidivism. In America we have a big problem with taking in criminals but either letting them go on legal technicalities or giving them reduced sentences for a number of reasons. These same degenerates then go back on the street and commit more crimes, and more crimes, and so on until their rap sheet is a mile long.

It boggles the mind that people can't grasp this - start killing criminals at a more rigorous pace and there are fewer criminals around to commit crimes.

Pretty sure life sentences have the same recidivism rate as the death penalty.

Or even a 35-year sentence for murder. When you're 70 you're probably not going back to violent crime.

would support it if it was cheaper than life in prison

>but because I think rotting in a 6 by 8 foot artificially lit concrete box for the rest of your life
Useless is what it is.

Consider for a moment why life imprisonment wasn't very common prior to the 20th century. It benefits nobody and drains the state's resources.

>Torture should be legal too
Nope, its inhumane.

You know, police men want salary rise too. They would torture innocents to get confessions to get a promotion. Thats what happening in russia.

Why should we drain the public purse housing and feeding and caring for criminals?

>unbiased statistics
Why are they unbiased? It's a fact, even you wish to ignore it.

>to make justice to certain crimes
Calling it justice to kill someone is pretty unbiased though. Not to mention the plenty of people who got killed as a penalty and later they found out he was the innocent one

Needs to be a lot more efficient.

that's most definitely a leg.

rather just banish them to a shit island somewhere

I wish it was used more often and I wish more people got the sentence -- specifically for terrible murders, murders involving 2 or more people, murders involving children; basically 1st-degree murder with a good deal of evidence.

There does need to be some reform with regards to appeals and their costs.

Because so called criminals might be innocent? Because death penalty gives government too much pover over opponents lives?

>If life in prison doesn't deter someone, why would the death penalty?
exactly. The death penalty is for the victims family, I understand that I would also like to kill or see anyone who hurt my family killed but it's a shitty system that's too expensive and sometimes kills inocents

well...try it out in Russia first and I'll see if works¨

>start killing criminals at a more rigorous pace and there are fewer criminals around to commit crimes.
this works if you do it like Duterte in quickly in mass numbers but right now in the Phillipines many innocents are killed aswell. If you use the current US system it won't work, it would be too expensive and time consuming. You'll have to implement the Duterte way which I and many are against since it removes the "innocent until proven guilty" part that defines western legal systems

Drunk man smashes into kids playground and kills 2 children.

What to do?

they have no chance for redemption if they are sentenced to life without parole, or if they are sentenced to 3,000 years

There's a lot of arguments you can have about the financial cost, deterrence rates, the willingness for people to commit violent acts in order to get away with their crime or risk the death penalty.

But for me personally, it's a matter of principle. I understand that people's view on ethics differs from person to person and culture to culture, but I honestly think that a state should not be allowed to kill a person unless absolutely necessary to prevent acute danger to others.

It's a virtue that I associate with being a developed nation.

For some reason people seem to ignore my idea, or make fun woth gladiator jokes.

This is the real controversial idea, not some shitty nazi stuff.

not enough

Bring back ancient methods of execution and I'm all for it

I'm a huge fan of the boats

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scaphism

>Because so called criminals might be innocent?
So what? 1 in 100? If that? A small price to pay for safer streets and an all-around better society.
>But for me personally, it's a matter of principle
So feelings. The state can tax you, draft you, spy on you...but if it executes a murderer or puts some shitbag rapist in the ground it's a travesty?

>conscript prisoners into the military

Give robbers, rapists and murderers guns and rocket launchers. Are you fucking retarded?

death to all none whites.

inhumane people deserves inhumane treatments
its unfair to treat good those who just fucked up someone's life

I can prove that cow's farts causes traffic accidents trough statistics

>they have no chance for redemption if they are sentenced to life without parole
yes they do. I remember a case where a black guy in the US was deat for rape and assault. The women herself pointed him out. After 12 or 15years DNA evidence proved that it was another guy that did it and now the innocent man is free and has actually had lectures with the woman who put him in jail on how unreliable eyewitness acounts can be.

Had he been sentenced to death he might not have gottten the redemption he deserved. The fact that shit like that can happen is the main reason I am against any death penalty

I mean I don't think it's a good idea but I wouldn't say I'm making fun of it. I could see it working in certain cultures for sure

What is fair? Explain the semantics of the word.

Exactly that. Yes. I'm okay with paying taxes, for me that's part of being a functioning society. Spying on me, that's a different thing. I'm against that too.

I just think the state should not have the power to decide over life and death. I don't trust any government with it, not mine, not yours, not any.

>kill all non-whites

Kill anyone who does anything wrong.

If someone white raped your mother infront of you, im pretty sure you'd change your opinion fast.

I had an abusive father, i'd like people like that dead.

No, user. Its a huge price.
Weve already had man killing thousands for greater good.

You have niggers chimping out when another poc gets killed for nuffin.
Imagine if real innocent man got sentenced to death. Public would have been outraged

soviet union did it during ww2 , they wasted them if they made one step back.

1 innocent man is worth 1000 degenerates being wiped off the planet. You don't live in America so you don't know how badly a brutal crackdown is needed in this god-forsaken hellhole.

It permanently eliminates undesirable elements from society. I see no problem with it. Personally, I think the electric chair ought to be the method of execution across the board here in the United States. Make them ride the lightning, and leave them til they look like an overcooked sausage, just to make sure they're good and dead.

you should treat them as how they treat others
if you treat the criminal good it's like if you were spitting in the victim's grave

Also eugenics

>So what? 1 in 100? If that? A small price to pay for safer streets and an all-around better society.
The logic is that 1 in 100 could end up being you. I don't think your line of thinking is incorrect, but you can only really apply it if you understand and accept that fact. Another thing is that I don't think the death penalty should be viewed as a punishment, but more like a necessity to ensure a better society. If the accused can choose the manner of their execution (within reason, lethal injection, firing squad, etc) then I'm all for it.

But of course that's all under the assumption of a competent government/leadership.