SMOKING

>The number of total life-years lost due to cigar or pipe smoking was 4.7 years

>Average cigarette smoking reduced the total life expectancy by 6.8 years

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17400948

SECOND-HAND SMOKE

>We’ve gotten smoking out of bars and restaurants on the basis of the fact that you and I and other nonsmokers don’t want to die,” said Silvestri. “The reality is, we probably won’t.”

academic.oup.com/jnci/article/105/24/1844/2517805/No-Clear-Link-Between-Passive-Smoking-and-Lung

>Conclusions: The results do not support a causal relation between environmental tobacco smoke and tobacco related mortality, although they do not rule out a small effect. The association between exposure to environmental tobacco smoke and coronary heart disease and lung cancer may be considerably weaker than generally believed.

bmj.com/content/326/7398/1057

SO,

If second-hand smoke isn't a big deal and if most smokers only die in their 70s, then, why are governments so obsessed about eliminating smoking? What's going on? Shouldn't it be a choice?

Are we being ruled by a bunch of totalitarian puritans?

Other urls found in this thread:

fullfact.org/economy/does-smoking-cost-much-it-makes-treasury/
mcchrystals.co.uk
youtube.com/watch?v=kHhavg76tQw
independent.co.uk/news/world/australasia/australia-cigarettes-price-pack-smoking-tax-hike-how-much-do-they-cost-a7308381.html
theage.com.au/victoria/smoking-to-remain-in-outdoor-drinking-areas-but-not-where-food-is-served-20160405-gnytfi.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2904480/
ww2.kqed.org/futureofyou/2017/02/15/boy-girl-both-neither-a-new-generation-overthrows-gender/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_Australia
youtube.com/watch?v=gP8HrLhA9hc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Before anyone says that smokers cost the state a lot of money in medical care. Have a look at this:

fullfact.org/economy/does-smoking-cost-much-it-makes-treasury/

>smokers cost the NHS anywhere between £3 billion and 6 billion pounds

>(smokers) We know they bring in about £12 billion in direct tax revenues, although that doesn't count other contributions of the tobacco industry to total tax take (for instance income tax paid by employees).

>research has suggested non-smokers have greater healthcare costs over time

So, before anyone complains smokers cost tax-payers a fortune, the truth is they DON'T. If anything, smokers are paying for your healthcare treatment.

There's literally no reason to keep rising taxes on tobacco or to keep persecuting smokers.

Leave us the hell alone, please.

Bump

Bump 2

>Are we being ruled by a bunch of totalitarian puritans?

no, by capitalists and manipulators. they know people will keep doing it and the health thing is a good excuse to raise the taxes AND gain half of the population's support for doing it

They're not trying to stop it they're trying to tax it, since it's easy money.

who would have guessed the smoke-babies were babies

LOOK, A NON-COUNTRY!

Dis wht i vape like my girl le pen

Why do nationalists smoke?

>LE PEN

>FARAGE

>WILDERS

Smoking boosts test

It's a Jewish plot

Also
>smoking cigs
>not smoking pipe tobacco

Vaping is degenerate

>Smoking a pipe

M'LADY!

>Hitchens smoking slide
>slide
They're not even trying to hide it anymore.

My ancestors would be dispappointed in me if i was a non smoking pussy.

Just fucking vape.

Nicotine for stimulation, tasty flavors, you don't smell like a piss covered hobo, and you're not THAT guy acting like a sperglord at the bar with your friends jonesing for a cigarette.

I smoke sometimes but I mostly stick to snuff/snus. Never tried a pipe.

There's something so adorably American about GLR's corncob pipe.

All jokes aside, pipe tobacco and cigars are GOD TIER.

However, they don't really give you a buzz like ciggies do, unless you inhale ofc.

oh shut up inbred island dweller. learn to control your colonies they are getting out of hand

cigarettes are a nasty habit for teenagers trying to be edgy. pipe tobacco or a cigar every once in a while is ideal.

Hitch was great till he went full neo-con

You never really do that though right?

This
They saw the shitload of revenue marijuana is raking in, so might as well go after people who are already addicted and will pay anything to get their daily nicotine intake. Booze is next.

>There's literally no reason to keep rising taxes on tobacco
Yes there is. More tax revenue. I'd like to see more taxes on caffeinated and energy related products like coffee, redbull, 5 hour energy...
Gov Brown increased the gas tax here in CA, among other things. Why not increase taxes on everything else.
People will continue to smoke, continue to consume gas (electric car owners will pay a battery tax)..
we should continue to raise taxes because the sooner the revolution comes the better...
income inequality is higher than ever and if they continue to raise taxes people will get angry.
Of course nothing seems to get done, we tend to be easily distracted.

>STILL A NON-COUNTRY!

I've started vaping to stop smoking and even I'm not oblivious to how much of a cunt I look. The other problem is that they're trying to ban vaping in public places the way they have with smoking based on the exact same memes.

I recommend this product. All others I've tried are too perfumery
mcchrystals.co.uk

Yay, this shill thread again. Go die , PM shill.

I have no idea why the (((media))) has been waging a war against the tobacco industry, but I really fucking doubt that public health is the real intention behind this propaganda-fueled hysteria against cigarettes.

Maybe when (((some people))) own big tobacco, "science" will start saying "Tobacco not as bad as previously thought." Who knows what's going on. Very doubtfully a genuine concern for your health, though!

Real nationalists don't because they care about their health. Strong citizens make a strong nation.

Is this news? It has always been the case there's no evidence to support the view second hand smoke has any effect.

>pipe tobacco and cigars are GOD TIER.
No, they aren't, shill, they're shit.

You're not really supposed to inhale cigars or pipe-tobacco. You're smoking for the flavours which are pretty great desu.

I've been told some cigars and even some pipe tobaccos can give you quite a buzz. I've never experienced it though.

I smoke unfiltered cigarettes when I need to get a nicotine buzz and cigars when I feel like relaxing.

>Of course nothing seems to get done, we tend to be easily distracted.

Bread and circuses. We're in the trap as well, sat here on a Mongolian throat singing forum.

I don't disagree that vaping doesn't look fucking stupid. I feel like a fucking asshat and go out of my way to not vape in public. But it sure as shit beats smoking cigarettes.

As far as banning vaping in public places, go for it. I'll just take a few hits in the shitter with nobody being the wiser.

The problem with vaping is the vaping "community". Unfortunately, they're worse than stoners. Just another example of a great thing being ruined by fedoralords.

Why does your country hate smokers?

>Maybe when (((some people))) own big tobacco
Are you implying they don't?

I don't care if second hand smoking is harmful. I want you disgusting sub-human cattle away from me when you're puffing cause you smell like shit.

What makes more money?

Tobacco sales?
Or juicer, workout clothing, and organic food sales?

TIL providing links to actual studies and wanting to have a discussion on smoking makes you a shill...

Smoking strengthens your lungs and fortifies them against chemtrails and prevents Alzheimers.

BIG PHARMA makes a lot of money selling products which help people quit smoking.

youtube.com/watch?v=kHhavg76tQw

I remember reading somewhere that the original second hand smoke studies were done with coulpes that were married at least 40 years with the smoker smoking 2 packs a day.
It's so fucking asinine that they are now trying to ban smoking, outside, in the downtown area near me.
Like passing someone on the street is anything like being shut in a house for 40 years with someone smoking 2 packs a day.

I dunno m8, I don't think it does, it's perfectly fine socially to smoke here.

By the way just quit in November.
Feel great, it's not as hard as I thought once I got over the hump.
But you should be able to make your own choices once you're a taxpaying adult. It's no one elses business.

>forcing others to pay for your self-induced lung cancer
Taxation truly is theft

>Australia doesn't hate smokers...

independent.co.uk/news/world/australasia/australia-cigarettes-price-pack-smoking-tax-hike-how-much-do-they-cost-a7308381.html

>Smokers will soon have to pay 40$ for a pack of cigarettes...

theage.com.au/victoria/smoking-to-remain-in-outdoor-drinking-areas-but-not-where-food-is-served-20160405-gnytfi.html

>Smoking banned in OUTSIDE dining areas...

I said it's fine socially, as in the PEOPLE of Australia do not care.

The government isn't the people.

Nicotine blocks oestrogen ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2904480/

Get on that pipe kid

No one is answering the main question, why are western governments doing everything in their power to completely eliminate smoking. monthly tax hikes, plain-packaging, OUTSIDE bans, etc, etc. WHY?

Surely, it should be a choice?

I only lose 8 years?
I'm cool with that

>Australians are not responsible for the politicians they elect...

>missing the central point of an explicit statement

If they wanted to eliminate smoking they could try by increasing taxes to higher levels. But then there would be illegal traffiking/smuggeling. So they try it this way imo.

>Pays 40$ for a pack of ciggies

>Can't smoke outside

I'm still trying to find a point to your posts.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2904480/
ww2.kqed.org/futureofyou/2017/02/15/boy-girl-both-neither-a-new-generation-overthrows-gender/

are you slow^

You're making fun of the British for having shit teeth. I'm making fun of that little island you live in that's literally run by inmates.

I mean, 40$ for a pack of cigarettes? This is why no one takes Australia seriously.

Literally and figuratively not an argument.

For a prison colony it didn't take us long to overtake you in every metric that counts, except perhaps PPSI (Pakis Per Square Inch)

Cigarettes smell awful. That said, I don't see why indoor smoking areas aren't optional. At least for cigar smokers.

Talk about PPSI...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_Australia

Cigarettes smell like burning piss and dogshit.

Smoking outside is fine. And I don't disagree with letting them have an indoor area for smoking if it's far away and has some kind of exhaust for the smoke and smell.

you probably would not die if i chopped off your finger, but I am guessing you probably wouldn't like that. The toxins in ciggerates do measurable damage to the heart, lungs, brain, ability to smell etc.. etc. Death is just the most extreme result.

Are you a for real unironic liberal?

smoking indoors is fucking gross anyways. who the fuck cares?

i smoke and i don't smoke in my room because i don't want my room smelling like total shit.

> I don't see why indoor smoking areas aren't optional.

The smoking ban was never about second-hand smoke. It was always about denormalising smoking.

We're being ruled by a bunch of totalitarian wankers.

As Farage says, smoking is an act of resistance - youtube.com/watch?v=gP8HrLhA9hc

mfw the foreigners think smokes are pure tobacco and not a bunch of other crap added in there.

What the fuck?! Smoking a cigarette only harms you it's not like drinking in which you can get so fucked up you might hurt someone.

They JUST changed it in my state last week to 21.

How can puffing om cigars shorten your life that mutch

Take that back

Motherfucker dude!

Why do Liberals hate smoking?

It seems like all of the world's anti-smoking legislation originally comes from Commiefornia and other blue states?

Why are American liberals so anti-tobacco?

It's not run by (((them)))

>(((Hitchens)))

It doesn't look lite. You think that's because it's too wet?

Did you just /wake up/?

This

All of those are kosher nationalists.

I don't want to smell it

Get fucked. I lived with my whole family (5 people) smoking 2 packs each for every fucking day of my first15 years. Everything tasted like ashes and shit: clothes, carpets, even their fucking hands. Gladly most of them died of lung cancer. Keep your shit away from my nose, get fucked. I went to a shithole club in serbia where smoking indoor is still legal, it was like walking around in a volcano. Couldnt breath, couldnt see shit. Fucking
>MATE I CANT HOLD IT NEED TO SMOKE AT EVERY FUCKING TRAIN STOP YOUKNOWHATAMSAYING????
i hate smokers so fucking much. Faggot fedora vapers.atleast produce liquirice or some other flavor vapor, not that shit nasty poisonus petrol crap you love to chug in

It really doesn't make any sense because the social security system needs people to die at like 65 anyway. Dumb fucks.

We all know why he liked cigars...

Smoking is so fucking gross.

When I see teenagers smoking nowadays it blows my fucking mind.

1. It's expensive as fuck
2. You really can't smoke anywhere anymore
3. It's in a weird category of "not being socially acceptable, while at the same time not being cool or rebellious either"
4. They're all so brainwashed by social media, but the anti-cigarette stuff didn't sink in.

Pipe tobacco is sold pretty rarely here.
I have to go across town to get some pipe tobacco when I can walk 5 mins and have a new pack of cancer.

>Also smoking reduces appetite.

Post animated lad

>Muricans think guns look cool but smoking looks gross.

Y'all need to come to Europe.

Women hate nu-males and rednecks here. They like men that look like pic. related.

Life expectancy and average age are Two different things.
79 for Leaf males - 7 years for smoking = 72.
That doesn't take into account the heart attack at 50, and all the other medical problems leading up to the last years 69-72 of you shitting yourself dying of cancer without dignity.
Not too mention smokers are weak, run out of breathe, and are so easy to choke out with those narrow arteries.
Stop trying to make yourself feel better you degenerate.

Nicotine is a nootropic, mind-enhancing substance. It should be obvious why they spent billions of dollars in the 90's propagandizing against it.

>smoking looks gross.

It has nothing to do with looks. It is gross. It smells awful. Kissing a smoker is nasty. The smell sticks to everything, etc.

ALL SMOKERS DIE OF CANCER! ALL SMOKERS DIE YOUNG! SMOKERS ARE STUPID!

BAN TOBACCO NOW! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It is better to work with what you have, while you have it, than it is to destroy, and attempt to rebuild from scratch.

inb4 finland posts asking why we don't smoke yet

Here we smoke cigars and shoot guns....usually at the same time.

tfw 32 year old chain smoker of 3 + packs a day for the last 15 years
i dont have a sense of smell anymore, probably have copd, and will most likely die very soon