Serious question here Sup Forums

Is runescape considered anarcho-capitalist?

Would an anarcho-capitalist society be exactly like runescape but just irl?

Other urls found in this thread:

eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A better vidya example of anarcho-capitalism would be Rust

What about DayZ ? Rust has air drops, that's the gubermint giving free shit

EVE is the best anarcho capitalist example

Didn't realize you could torture, rape, do drugs, etc in runescape.

So Rust is what anarcho-capitalism would look like if a post apocalyptic world was populated exclusively by middle class teenage males

no.
it has enforced no-violence zones. enforced by a powerful 3rd party not controlled by a player that's basically equating to the government.

Yep, setting up a corp station out in nullsec, comfy as fuck

It's a good political simulator, you can do anything in the wilderness, especially if you find a hardcore ironman deep in the wildly, you can kill him for his stuff or make him beg to give you everything he has on him.

I did that, took his armour and his whip, just so he doesn't lose his hardcore status. Then I killed him anyway :^)

You could just use deadman mode or pvp worlds for that though, only banks are protected. And in dead man if you did you lose items from your bank too.

You can scam people, set your own prices, pay people to work for you and mind coal so many things.

What's EVE online like? I saw it on steam, never thought of playing it, is it really active? Or is it like no mans sky

No the GE has limits to stop me from buying out the entire market of berserker rings for example and charging people a 10% increased price for one

I dunno, I would definitely agree more with

EVE is a far superior example. You're not safe even in "Safe zones" (high sec), only "more safe" than in low and null.

EVE still has a decent population.

34k Peak is actually quite healthy. The record has only ever been 65k.

Link to the source: eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility

Yes. Because raw materials are more expensive than the finished product...

That's true actually, I remember when there was no limits :) my clan used to buy out an item each week and then control the market, it went on for months until jagex did something about it.

Free trade still exists though, it's only the G.E that has limits.

I've only heard good things about EVE, I'm gonna download it and give it a shot, is it noob friendly?

>Remember mindlessly grinding out Steel Bars and selling them for 500gp each (this was before the Grand Exchange and back when was 12 and retarded and didn't know you could just use scripts for this shit) just so I could make my first cool Milli
>Look up the price for steel bars after a few years once I dropped the game just for nostalgias sake
>665gp a piece currently

FUG

As a noob to EVE, i can assure you, it's not noob friendly

Raw materials can be gathered from monster drops too now, so that's probably why.

Also you can make money, just not as much, maple logs -> maple longs is absolute bank literally make 1000% profit.

>i can assure you, it's not noob friendly
Ah crap. What do I do to get good at it before I play? Just watch a few guides? Which guides are the best?

DayZ has roads

Idk, just watch some vids if you wanna, the game has a basic tutorial, but i recommend just jumping in the game and trying it out, but DO watch at least a few tuts

It's not noob friendly. It actually has quite a learning curve.

Biggest hurtle will be getting used to the ... how do i say: In general, the culture/mechanics.

Look, just do yourself a favour, join a corporation that suits your intention how you're going to play.

I personally joined a pirate-focused corp very early. Very experience, fair, motivated to teach me the game. Despite my limited contributions to engagements due to my inexperience+shitty character progression the splits were always split by party amount.

Obviously, not all groups are this nice. Some are legit run like chain gangs and for some reason some people dig that shit.

Apply for a corp and be legit about what you want to get out of the game.

It's f2p but there is a character progression limit until you subscribe and it's twice as slow.

Don't bother with trying to pay for the monthly subscription with ingame money. It's not worth it. Just pay the sub and enjoy the game as a game not a job and end up not even wanting to play anymore.

I remember when the Grand Exchange allowed me to earn Millions in just a couple of days by just logging in for only 30 minutes a day. Never reached that p hat though,

It's not anarcho capitalist since you have the house market.
Back then you had to go in falador parc and spam taht shit.

Literally 90% of all my friends on runescape were dutchies. They gave me a good impression on the Dutch.

just think you're in conan exile, everytime you want to log in the game do 40 pushups, then have one beer and relax while crafting and geting ready to wat

Join the #RunescapeRight

Cc Samueljhyde

Thank you for the information user, I'll make sure to heed your advice, this game sounds really interesting.

Thanks for the advice user, appreciate it.

No probs my man

You still can go anywhere and spam, just more people use ring he G.E. Because of ease of access.

I preferred the trading post system + bank spamming

That's where all the merchants were made, you could be the poorest fucker in the world but you could make it, if you had a few smart deals going on.

G.E. made flipping much easier desu senpai