Teenager who was DENIED a double lung transplant because he had marijuana in his system dies - after having surgery...

>Teenager who was DENIED a double lung transplant because he had marijuana in his system dies - after having surgery months late because he had to find another doctor
>Riley Hancey came down with a severe form of pneumonia over Thanksgiving
>Doctors at the University of Utah said he needed a double lung transplant
>He was denied a spot on the transplant list because he had THC in his system
>His parents searched the country for another hospital before the University of Pennsylvania eventually agreed
>He underwent surgery on March 31, but died due to complications
>His parents ask for everyone to perform a random act of kindness in his memory

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4441666/Teen-denied-life-saving-double-lung-transplant-dies.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bM2AOaFS2wI
acsh.org/news/2017/02/10/‘medical-marijuana’-riddled-mold-bacteria-—-especially-bad-sick-10855
youtube.com/watch?v=Gyu82WG_edM
cnn.com/2015/04/01/us/anthony-stokes-heart-transplant-death/
ktla.com/2015/04/02/atlanta-teen-who-received-controversial-heart-transplant-dies-after-carjacking-pursuit-police/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>lungs are a mess
>smoke

He's dead, so who gives a fuck...

Brings a tear to my eye (of joy)

DUDE WEEDERS eternally rek't

Smoke pot get shot

>Need Liver transplant
>Drink

Gets surprised when the liver goes to a non-degenerate that makes better use of it

How is this different?

Could have been from edibles. Also, I'm not sure, but I remember reading that he was refused the transplant because there is evidence that THC can interact with certain immunosuppressive drugs used post-surgery, and potentially cause a life threatening interaction. This dumbass killed himself because he couldn't follow the doctor's orders to not toke up for a few months.

these.

>bro I got pneuomonia
>*friend takes long drag off of a blunt*
>2 minutes of spastic coughing
>bro, take a hit of this shit
>it cures lung illnesses and shit bro
>i saw a documentary on it
>i heard a joe rogan podcast on it
>i read a science journal on it bro
>bro
>fucking blaze this shit bro
>2 weeks later
>dies
>people on a taiwanese glass blowing message board laughing at you

BLAZE IT FAGGOT

It never said he smoked afterwards
I'm sorry but where is proofs

DIdn't know pneumonia can fuckk your lungs up that bad - I had the worst flu/bronchitis of my life a couple weeks ago and worried about pneumonia throughout

Marijuana smokers are denied transplants due to a mold commonly found in the plant, but I guess that doesn't fit the dude weed narrative.

And?

would you give a liver to someone who wont stop drinking? Why give lungs to someone who will not stop smoking!?

Fuck these addicts.

there's different types of pneumonia. I was taking antiobiotics but thy weren't working. It turned out I had a fungal lung disease and I had half s lung removed. I smoke maryjane every day and it doesnt affect my lungs one bit. Put me 500 feet within a lit cigarette, household chemicals, or gasoline and I instantly stop breathing. I'm guessing the real story is he didn't have good insurance like I did. Then again I didn't require a transplant. Doctors pretend like they know everything but most are qualified idiots.

Guess he didnt get the memo

youtube.com/watch?v=bM2AOaFS2wI

fuck you nigger

Why is Sup Forums so edgy?

>but died due to complications
so he would have died anyways???

Why are you such a degenerate?

Holy shit, I did a small report on this kid while he was alive in one of my healthcare classes for a current event. Apparently it was his first time smoking pot, before he was hospitalized. Shame.

I don't even do drugs, you retard.

why should degenerate pot smokers receive valuable organ donations which could otherwise save a productive persons life?

No new lungs for smokers. Sorry, you had your chance and blew it!

Considering how it's merely detected through fat and hair and there are numerous ways to healthily ingest cannabis so that a potential mold would never be at play it doesn't fit the medical narrative at all. If only big pharma had drugs that worked as well as cannabis for as cheap as it is with little to no side effects and a variety of ways to use it... If only there could be sanctioned scientific studies to finally prove that a single plant isn't as dangerous as people believe due to propaganda being spread by corrupt politicians and representatives of corporations who are afraid of losing their market shares that rely on bullshit and lies toy peddle what amounts to homeopathic remedies with little no positive effect with many negatives.

Close one, almost wasted a good lung

>TFW when you buy into the bs

you dont catch pneuomonia from others dumbass

>due to a mold commonly found in the plant
provide literally any source for this

It's because smoking pot can lead to a very serious fungal infection in people taking medications to weaken their immune system for a transplant. After you get a transplant you have to chew these anti-fungal tablets and take anti-fungal medication for a few months afterward to make sure it doesn't destroy your transplant and kill you as you're recovering.

DUDE WEED BRB DYING LMAO

It is a difficult decision for doctors to make, who gets organs They must make the decision SOLELY on who has the best chance of success with the transplanted organs. They can't do muh feels (because everyone has a sob story.) and the recipient has to go through strict regimens with their new organs to ensure success.

If you aren't 100% compliant with the doctor's checklists, you don't get the organs, the person who is 100% compliant does.

Smokers do not get the organs, since that decreases chance of success. Recreational drug users or addicts do not get the organs, since their use decreases chance of success. A transplant recipient is on an incredible amount of highly specific drugs and other drugs that are not prescribed can not be taken with them.

too bad, so sad, the next person on the list who achieves compliance will get the lungs because THEY HAVE THE BETTER CHANCE OF SUCCESS. Organs are RARE and they aren't just 'given away' to someone who wont take care of them 100% according to medical instructions.

Oh will, nil nisi bonhom I suppose,

Still. The rules are there for a reason and a drug user being taken off transplant lists is ultimately fair, as the lungs would go to someone else who needs them but hasn't done drugs.

>Organs are RARE
What if I told you that you're full of organs?

The kids from Park City, a liberal hell hole in Utah. Comparable to Portland.

Good riddance.

>doctors don't like giving valuable organs to people who can't follow their rules

after watching my aunt go through 3 kidneys before the hospital finally said "fuck your money" i can understand where their policy comes from.

kek

Source nigger

Wtf I thought weed was harmless an shieeeeeeeeeeeeet. And it cures shieeeeeeeeeeeeet

Pneumonia is one of the biggest killers in sick and old people. Once your system is depressed from being sick for awhile or on an immune suppressor like chemo, it'll fuck your shit up right quick. It doesn't mean much for a healthy person, but stack on an underlying condition and you've set yourself up for a much higher chance of death. A lot of people might die from say "cancer" when they die from pneumonia. Directly it's the pneumonia that kills them, but they never would have gotten to that point without cancer bringing them there in the first place.

It is and it does but I don't think any of us know what the impact would be on a transplanted lung,

THIS IS NOT A MEDICAL SYSTEM! FIRST DO NO HARM! DO THEY SURRENDER FATTIES AND STD PEOPLE AND VIOLENT MURDEROUS DRUNKARDS? A MAFIA?

acsh.org/news/2017/02/10/‘medical-marijuana’-riddled-mold-bacteria-—-especially-bad-sick-10855

Cannabinoids are in breast milk. Refuse tit jobs because weed. Everything doctors say now about nicotine and "black lung" is a lie. Your precious fiat lungs won't die because we all suck on burning dinosaurs in our cars

grow your own. Maybe medical users could not do this. But even FOOD is recalled. That is offical weed. Doest mean like the Daily BM says that all weed has fungus on it. They love alcohol in that rag. And all vaginas have fungus but does anybody care about that? No

How hard is it to seriously not so drugs? I'm being dead serious. I realize this world is all kinds of fucked up and I'm not rich or extremely well off or anything and I find plenty else to do. Is it just that damn hard or do you get some kind of fucking super powers I've never heard of?

You're drugged on (you)s guy

you forgot overpaid

p sad desu

>mfw addicts say that weed isn't dangerous

>He underwent surgery on March 31, but died due to complications

Ever wonder why they tell you to not eat anything before some surgeries? To minimize the risk. Idiot decided to smoke even though I bet his doctor told him to no consume anything. Pot heads are idiots.

Really sad to see this. I lost someone in my family because they were waiting for a double lung and heart transplant and didn't get one in time. We can't save everyone but we can save more of people were organ donors. Sign up to be one!

the implication is that the pot smokers are stupid enough to believe that smoking pot actually cures illness like that

Good news, that retard won't be able to breed!

Now if only ever other addict would be removed from this planet.

>grow your own.
Even more risk to not only getting mold on it but mites and other shit. That's why legit pot shops put buds under a 300x microscope to check before they buy. Even then they can't check every surface of every bud.

newfag.

that's fucking shit

f

LOLBERTARIANS eternally BTFOed

Fuck organ donation. I raised and took proper care of my organs. I don't drink, nor smoke and I exercise multiple times a week.

If I die, I'm taking them with me. The only exception would be donation to one of my children.

Shame? He got what he deserved.

>NO ONE HAS EVER DIED SMOKING WEED

Kek

>ruin liver with alcohol
>denied liver transplant

>ruin lungs by smoking
>denied lung transplant

I don't see the problem

Another dead pot smoker

youtube.com/watch?v=Gyu82WG_edM

He's a honkey, let it die.

Smokers don't deserve help for things they do to themselves

Agree. There have been cases where hospitals let organ donors die unnecessarily to harvest organs.

Even if you are on list and clean you'll probably not get the call. Most people over 30 arent getting the call.

Does anyone here know about the famous case where they denied some nigger a heart transplant because he was such an obvious nigger he was just going to get killed regardless?

(((Media))) got involved because OMG they literally couldnt even. Eventually hospital caves and gives the nigger a heart.

Then he does nigger shit and ends up dying almost right away maybe beinn chased by cops from a robbery or something?

Somebody must know that story it was like Sup Forums was directly accessing reality warping powers and willing that shitavious tier shit into existence

weed didn't do that to his lungs though

>he fell for the herbal Jew

how hard is it to search google? i found a source with four words, how many did you type?

cnn.com/2015/04/01/us/anthony-stokes-heart-transplant-death/

get fucked degenerate

>get pneumonia
>need a double lung transplant

So he was destined to die, why feel bad?

If he got it once, he'd get it again.

If his body can't fight it this time, why would it next time?

I think you are talking about this:

ktla.com/2015/04/02/atlanta-teen-who-received-controversial-heart-transplant-dies-after-carjacking-pursuit-police/

If he cared he wouldnt have done this to himself.

Smoke da weed pay the deed

Dumbass should have told them he got the THC from edibles instead.

Wrong. He actually needed brain transplant.

There's already not enough sympathy in this world to go around for people who experience bullshit to no fault of their own.

Why should we give a fuck about druggie fucks who do it to themselves and are thus completely at fault for their shit situation?

He got what he deserved.

organ recipients, especially of a double lung transplant, need to fulfil very specific criteria. People are refused transplants all the time for a variety of reasons, many of which seem unfair *if you don't know anything about this* (OP). Marijuana use is associated with a higher incidence of various fungal infections and after a lung transplant, patients are immunocompromised and more likely to get fungal lung infections. There is a good reason for the strict criteria that recipients have to fulfill. Stop talking about shit you know nothing about just because it's a trendy topic, you fucks.

I employ leaf slaves to do all my work for me, as you can see

Good work senpai, you can continue to inhabit north america for another year

Do something about trudeau if you want to stay any longer though

Is that the one where the reporter tweets a picture of him and btfos some nigress asking why the photo was so unflattering

He didn't deserve it honestly.

Looks like I chose the right day to quit smoking weed. Been blazing 3+times a day for 12 years

Topkek

His body was too weak to handle pneumonia.

He isn't elderly, he isn't a baby.

His immune system already determined his fate.

I don't know, but it could be.

LEAF, LEAF!

Use the google machine to answer this gentlemans question, won't you?

>degenerate dies because he's a degenerate
Guess you should reconsider that reefer, user.

This is what happens when you are so fucking stoned all the time you don't clean the cats' box. Happened to a friend of mine who was an alcoholic. Got a lung infection from the ammonia. He was just to drunk all the time to clean the house.

Wait... so you're saying when I kill my liver from alcoholism they won't give me a new one?
Dangit

Nice reading comprehension. The article doesn't say he smoked weed before undergoing surgery. The hospital denied him a spot on the transplant list because he failed a drug test. Two months later when a hospital across the country agreed to do it it was too late.

>letting cats inside
>letting them shit inside
He deserved it.

t. degenerate pot smoker

No, that's not implied at all by his post. Try again, retard.

fb tier meme bruh

420 freedom bro!

First time, yeah... suuuuuure....
That lie a big sign that the doctor made the right choice.

POT CLAIMS ITS FIRST VICTIM

FUCK OFF HIPPIES

>first
lmao

Stop subconsciously whittling down my empathy.

Nevermind I just need to leave this place.

degenerates do not get transplants