This is not a shitpost

This is not a shitpost.

It seems a lot of you honestly don't think that gender exists on a spectrum. I would like to have an actual discussion on this (memes to a minimum) with properly formed, rational arguments - if you can present them.

I will lay out 2 things I would like;
1. Define gender
2. Explain why gender does NOT exist on a spectrum

Attached image not related.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XXYY_syndrome,
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Money
etymonline.com/index.php?term=gender
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender
youtu.be/mjuLYy3iEF0?t=11s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sex is the scientific term relating to the two identifiable sexes

Gender is a sociological term that is stretched and conformed to whatever a mentally ill person sees fit

How about No.

'Gender' was invented by a Jewish pedophile who made two people commit suicide as a consequence of his Semitic experiments

That is a pretty meme definition, Charles.

You can't defend your standpoint?

0/10 shitposting, you bring shame to your flag
diagnose: kill yourself immediately

pin the gender on the spectrum

Can you cite any sources on this?

Also this seems like a genetic fallacy.

No, you can't attack you wannabe smartass failure.

You haven't presented an argument.

This. John Money will likely burn in hell for what he's done.

not a single sane normal person wants to debate or even have a fucking discussion about it. There are only 2 genders you perverted kike.

>1. Define gender
You start.

>I will lay out 2 things
1. Gender is the polite word for "sexuality", which arose when "sex" and "sexuality" became conflated. Sexuality is defined as a person's sexual orientation or preference.
2. Our options in reproduction are Male or Female. This is binary, which by definition is not a spectrum.

gr8 b8 sage in options

>I can identify with any gender I want

Ok, sort of, not really. Your thoughts come from hormones, your hormones come from your body. If you fuck with the hormones your body becomes trash, can't reproduce, gets depressed, is shitty. If you fuck with the body then idk what you are but you aren't a biological woman or man.

For "Gender" to exist on a spectrum, these agender and transgender mutts would have to be as legitimate a gender as man and woman. But they're not, they're temporary, they're kept functional by surgery and drug use. That or they're just appearances, ways of dressing for mentally ill people.

I don't care what you do. But getting hormone therapy doesn't make gender a spectrum. You're born with one gender, you can choose to fuck it up but that's it You'll never reproduce the other way, you'll never produce the right hormones. Sage.

Gender and Sex are the same fucking thing. There are only two of them. End of story.

When a leftist asks you to define gender then you're merely falling into their trap since their mind is already made up. You can't define something that the other guy has already decided is fluid and intangible. Leftists know that they're screwed when it comes to science and reality so they make up a secondary subjective definition that differs depending on the individual. It's the only way the can win an argument, by controlling the language, and when there is no true right or wrong things get so much easier to manipulate in their favour. It's simply Newspeak.

Gender is defined by the individual's conformity with social archetypes that have been around for millennia. It's not a coincidence that the overwhelming majority of people identify with their biological sex.

Statistically speaking, those that don't wish to identify with their biological sex aren't present enough in large enough numbers to propose the 'gender is a spectrum' hypothesis- you just aren't statistically significant.

By all means, wear, dress, act however the fuck you want - but it's not rational to expect everyone on the planet to drop a core social construct because a very very small, and very very vocal minority disagree with it. Anomalies happen. Be happy with being an anomaly and leave it at that.

Thanks for once again proving that trannies are about an endless need for external validation. You don't care if there is a 'spectrum' or not, you only care about making everyone else tell you that a spectrum exists.

The only reason for needing external validation is because you yourself don't believe the spectrum to be true. You need endless people telling you it is true and no one saying it is false to even believe it yourself.

Are spectrums binary? X or Y chromosome. The other rare anomolies (xxx, xxy, xyy etc) are mutations like whem you see a snake with two heads - its a biological mistake not its own category

Sex is not gender.

I define gender in the traditional, in that it is a classification of language based on the masculine and feminine.

>the concept of gender is only 50 years old
RIP u tried gg no re

>I can identify with any gender I want
Literally a strawman, I never said that was the case.

Not a meme definition. This is correct. Sage and hide, there are a bunch of threads on this for some reason.

Fuck off nigger

Okay lets say you can be any gender you want.
But it has to be legitimate. What does that mean?
It means when you have to tell other people what you are (if it's not self evident) that it's not legitimate, because you can't pull it off.
If you can pull it off, you own it, you can be what you think you want to be. If you don't pull it off you have no right to it, and you just go around trying to force people to accept you for something that you clearly are not.

Many see sex and gender as the same thing seeing as how gender originated as an alternative for saying sex (imagine gettimg asked for sex at every webpage). So in a way all you faggots have done is change the definition of a word to make you feel like special snowflakes. When in reality you are nothing but assholes that are sticklers for definitions you unknowingly created.

Tldr gender was an alternative for asking for sex the definiton was changed so people didnt feel weird asking for it in a professional enviroment. And guys took that definition to make yourselves feel like special snowflakes

Sex, as previously stated in this thread, is a binary in most mammalian systems based upon primary sexual characteristics.

Dicks and Pussies.

Gender is a thing that the mentally ill spend all day and night focused on, sacrificing their productivity, getting all fucking bent out of shape over... And then eventually kill themselves over.

Stop focusing on gender. Sex IS a binary. Do you, op. Just be your fucking self... And if that fits the fucking definition of some gender, fuck it.

If you want a discussion you'll have to do your own 1 & 2.

Gender and sex are the same.
Those who think otherwise just want to comfort the mentally ill.

It's a strawman, congratulations on beating a strawman. You're the same type of faggot who will complain about Bill Nye denying science all day but you can't even articulate your thoughts beyond "fuk u degen", quite frankly it's sad to see this so prevalent on nupol.

Go post about how awesome your kike puppet master is you useless cuck, at least you won't have to think.

>for some reason
It's cause of Bill Nye the memes guy.

>Also this seems like a genetic fallacy.

>making someone cut off their dick
>genetic fallacy

It's actually not a strawman at all.
I'm starting to think you don't even know what that word means.
I mean of course you're gonna google it here in a second, but that's cool. We all have to learn some time.

>Explain why gender does NOT exist on a spectrum

You can view it as such, so what? Everything in the end is a social construct, but without social constructs you would not exist, so don't take it as derogatory.

The important part is that we, Christians, have determined that for our nations it is most beneficial to have strictly defined genders and heterosexual marriages, and that is what matters. You can watch numerous of Dr. Peterson's lectures on why exactly.

We expect every man and woman to do their duty, else the Jews win.

1. Male or female, defined by the 23rd chromosomal pair in your genome
2. At best you could consider yourself something else if you suffer from something like en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XXYY_syndrome, but otherwise you're an autistic glue-sniffing special snowflake faggot

Okay senpai whether gender and sex are the same is not my thing. However if you identify as xysexual or xyzgender you are mentally ill, sorry.
And furthermore, if you expect me to give a single shit about your pronouns you are very fucking wrong. Fuck yourself.

It isn't a meme to classify anyone who "identifies" as something other than what they are as mentally ill. If I told you I don't need to go to work today because I identify as a bowl of ice cream and ice cream doesn't have jobs, you would not think I was mentally stable. What's the difference between that and saying I identify as a girl today and girls get to use the girls bathroom

It's unreasonable to view sexuality as a "spectrum" when the vast, vast majority of people are heterosexual and anything else on your "spectrum" is not representative of the population at large.

I define gender in the traditional, in that it is a classification of language based on the masculine and feminine.

It should be self evident that traits exist on a spectrum and as they can be overlaid onto humans, gender therefor exists on a spectrum.

This is not to say that you can be any gender you like as sex and gender are intrinsically linked by definition, but they are not the same as has been constantly stated in this thread.

It's a strawman because you're defining your argument on something you yourself have constructed i.e, "gender is a made up word so i dont have 2 argue xD"

What most of us are arguing is sex and gender are the same thing and that anything else is a minority and therfor a mental disorder

I never said sexuality, I said gender, though incidentally women are generally more what we'd consider bisexual than heterosexual.

Did you know that 'gender' was a 1955 social-sciences term coined by John Money (see here en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Money ) defined as the state of being male of female based on social and cultural diffrences rather than biological ones. Gender is ''not your biological sex'' but what you think your sex is, but couldnt we argue that our brain is just as biological as the rest of us as a whole?
John Money thought diffrently, he thought that if a boy were brought up like a girl, that boy would fundamentally identify with being a girl, he thought that there were no actual diffrences between males and females (CONTRARTY TO THE ENTIRE FIELD OF BIOLOGY).
John Money was unable to prove his thesis until David Reimer came along. David Reimer lost his penis during childbirth so John Money found the perfect opportunity to get in on some testing action. He replaced the remains of David's penis with an artificial vagina and told his parents to upbring him as a girl while undergoing hormone treatments (he also had David preform sex acts with his brother to normalize his submissive sexuality).
Dose't sound fucked up yet? Lets continue.
David would express his visits with John as 'traumatic' and while never actually identifying as a woman, he later on in life commited suicide by pointing a shotgun to his head, and his brother overdosed on antidepressants.
Nowadays there isnt a single shred on evidence that relates gender to biological sex in humans, or even in the animal kingdom for that matter.

So remember, whenever you use the term gender, you're using the term made up by a mad homosexual pedophillic scientist who happily tortured a pair of boys and drove them to suicide, and got away with it!

Ok provide a source for that claim if we can't move past it, I refute it, sex is not gender and I have no idea why you'd think two etymologically different words have the exact same meaning.

None of that refutes gender as a concept. Gender wasn't "coined" in 1955 and you honestly need to stop using Sup Forums as a primary source if you think it is.

Tomboys aren't men.

Just because a man might act feminine to some degree doesn't mean he is a woman either. He's just an effette man.

I never said they were.

Fuck off to plebbit you massive raging nigger faggot.

>have a question "Is gender real?"
>have a experiment to prove it
>it fails

>this doesn't refute gender as a concept

That's how the scientific method works, unfortunately.

In that case, it depends on the definition you use for gender. Historically, gender and sex were synonyms and only recently has gender been given a new meaning.

Sure, you can call gender a social construct and say it exists on a spectrum if you change the definition of the word. I'm not sure what the point of that is, though.

>spectrum

What's at each end of the spectrum?

fortunately for the world, you are a nobody and your opinion doesn't mean shit
go find a job today

If we're not doing memes, and talk serious, here's a rational argument:

-Male is a gender
-Female is a gender
- "is in transition/has transitioned" from a gender to another. So trans-male, and trans-female

Still 2 biological sexes / 2 genders, and you do not have the right to define nature, even if you cut your dick off and get breast implants, the fact that you are trans doens't mean you created a new genetic code.

Your biological sex is male, and identity gender is female. I have no problem if you try and register as female.

But stop the Fucking bullshit of "gender spectrum"

You're not a fucking ray of light, you don't fucking refract when passing through water, you're not a fucking photon.

Nature decided on 2 genders, and society thinks its acceptable to transition between both. Okay great, I won't stop you, it's your personal freedom to do what you please with your body. now leave biology alone now.

K thanks byyyyyeee

Here you go source: etymonline.com/index.php?term=gender

The whole thing refutes gender as a concept shill, show me how gender can be defended as a concept

Protip: you can't

this, they're all preachers of science until it comes to their backwards leftist nonsense

Thing is, gender is such a broad term by these people that it literally means absolutely nothing. Everyone is "transgender" because people don't fit into boxes all the time of "masculine" or "feminine" because, believe it or not, people are unique and different. There's nothing good to come out of the term and it contributes -nothing- to any scientific discussion.

It does exist on a spectrum and it is different from sex -from what they've made the word "gender"- but it doesn't fucking matter. The people who think they're the same were probably brought up when the colloquial uses of both words were similar. But gender means absolutely nothing except to people who are insecure in how they perceive themselves.

It's about as pointless as astrology signs.

The experiment has nothing to do with gender as a concept, as I have stated gender is a much older concept than 50 years.

Sexuality is not a synonym for gender, sex is not a synonym for gender - YOU ARE PREACHING FEMINIST THEORY

You are so angry at the world you don't even know what side you're on lmao

Gender is the categorization of nouns into female, male of neuter.

Hang on mate, you said define gender. Well here you go: gender is sex. Now shut up.

relatively rare extremes like a bell curve

>This is not a shitpost.
oh here we go

Also dumb nigger, gender WAS coined in 1955 by John Money (see: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender )
>Sexologist John Money introduced the terminological distinction between biological sex and gender as a role in 1955.

Can you demonstrate any etymological history for your definition of "gender" prior to WW2? The definition of the word has changed, and into something with no real utility.

you just made your bait too obvious

OP when did you start sucking cock and taking it in the rear? Before or after your parents sold you to arabs for sodomy?

But now your argument falls apart as per this :Cmon you cant make it that easy for us

>classification of language based on the masculine and feminine
>traits exist on a spectrum
what did he mean by this

Is this like there's black and white and we have words for the things in between (dark/light grey)?
Then we have masculine/feminine. There are androgynous people but unlike a colour spectrum they're almost always non-spectral binary male or female.
There are XXYs and ambiguous genital intersex conditions so I'm happy for them to be other/intersex.
But basically gender=sex. If you're a male with womanly mannerisms and delusions of womanhood and a hormonal disorder we describe that condition as
>a male with womanly mannerisms and delusions of womanhood and a hormonal disorder
not as
>gender=female

OP's a giant Faggot.

>Presents rational argument
>SO MEME

Just go.

What's at each of the two extremes?

because gender as opposed to strictly biological sex is a myth created by a fruitcake whose faggot experiments for the purpose of trying to prove this myth as truth led to the suicides of 2 people.

youtu.be/mjuLYy3iEF0?t=11s

There is only biological sex. if you do not strictly ID as that biological sex, you have a mental disorder.

What argument exactly? I defined a word.

> "kind, sort, class, a class or kind of persons or things sharing certain traits,"
wow you sure proved sex=gender

Yes I agree it is completely useless as it has now that feminist theory has brainwashed you into sex=gender (this is a pre argument to more FEMINIST THEORY, namely that if your gender is female then you are a female), which is why I have explicitly stated my definition in the classical sense which goes back literally thousands of years.

Nothing in my post had an angry tone, unlike yours.

The fact of the matter is, historically sex and gender were synonyms. Can you demonstrate any usage of your proposed definition of gender prior to the second world war?

Protip: You can't because your concept of gender is a postmodernist construction. Prove me wrong if you can.

Gender is sex. Sex is binary except for muties. Wow that was so difficult.

Hurr durr "sex and gender are not the same thing".

There is no spectrum between XX and XY. Now fuck off.

Sorry aus bro tired me thought you were op

>Australia
>THIS IS NOT A SHITPOST
>shitposts
Kek

>Protip: You can't because your concept of gender is a postmodernist construction. Prove me wrong if you can.

The word was still widely attested, however, in the specific sense of grammatical gender (the assignment of nouns to categories such as masculine, feminine and neuter). According to Aristotle, this concept was introduced by the Greek philosopher Protagoras.[12]

I love memes just like anyone else, and while y'all have meme'd into existence the idea that gender is a spectrum, like autism, let's actually realize that also like autism, gender dysphoria is a mental disorder that is diagnosed. There are actual criteria that individuals have to be suffering from in order to be approved for these hormones, sex change surgeries, etc. It's not the same as being gay/lesbian. I'd also like to see studies about the neuropsychological differences between someone diagnosed with gender dysphoria and a healthy control in regards to emotional processing, cognitive tasks, etc.

I get it, snowflakes want to feel good just like everyone else in the world, we all want the same stuff and the end of the day. Some girls want to have benis, some guys want a vagina. Cool, whatever.

But for the SJWs to promote this whole "scientifically based," idea of gender being on a spectrum while also claiming gender is a social construct is just a whole level of fuckery that they're implanting into children.

Honestly, the libs need to calm the fuck down with all this.

The dictionary says that gender is a synonym of the word sex which refers to state of being male or female based on biology.

Sex is determined by chromosomes. Anything other than XX or XY is a defect.

Because If it was it would the social institution of gender would be completely useless.

Gender is a game we play as humans.
It has rules that govern out interactions.
These rules have been agreed upon through the interactions of hundreds of generations of humans. If gender were a spectrum we would have to interact differently to everyone in the world and desu if you think your a fucking wolf ur an idoiot, and I refuse to pretend I agree with you. If I really thought you were a wolf I would pull out a shotgun and blow your brains out before you had the chance to go eat some babies.

The whole reason this exists is because postmodernists are lazy. Basically, the more we learn about the detail of the world, the complicated the models of understanding we have to develop to describe the world. What the postmodernists do Is rather than deal with issues discretely (yes and no, true or false) they say everything a spectrum.

Yes there are issues with the gender binary, but tiny exceptions do not justify completely giving up and saying
>my gender is self-defined
>muh spectrum

Could you tell me what gender my dog is? I'm afraid to assume his.

Gender is a social construct, specifically a linguistic construct, dogs can't talk.

Gender is a social construct
But it's still binary so suck a cock

So it only affects humans? Dolphins communicate better with each other than humans. Does it affect them too? Or did we put a monopoly on more than two genders for humans only?

i already answered that: the extremes
those are endpoints

That... proves my point...

>This is not a shitpost.

disagreememe.jpg

I'm asking for a rough description of what is at EACH extreme.

Ask a dolphin, I don't speak dolphin. They may have specific sounds for male and female, it might be through another sense, I don't know, I don't speak dolphin.

What exactly does it refute? I have been stating that is the case this entire time.

You can only distinguish gender from sex because of your language. If you were to speak German or Danish, you wouldn't even have the distinction between sex and gender. So throw it out the window.
No one wanted to be trans until this century. The rate at which people become trans as opposed to historical records of people who wanted to be the opposite gender are hugely out of proportion. Again, going back to language, we lacked the linguistic basis to even express gender dysphoria until the last century. This is a good indicator that it was not part of the common man's life.
In fact, no one still wants to be trans. The suicide rates for trans people, especially post-op, are disproportionately higher. This could be because of societal norms and the failure of current medicine, but anyone else who says they are something literally impossible to fully become are called delusional.
To summarize:
>sex and gender are not two separate concepts
>gender dysphoria is a trend
>changing genders is not possible

Hello op.

The spainard you replied to sourced wikipedia. Not Sup Forums propaganda. You do yourself a disservice by writing off what he says simoly because you are jot comfortable with it.

He provided a link for you.
What he says is well known the way.

So the term "gender" was brought into existence by a madman who insisted its legitimacy. He goes on trying to prove it real with a life long experiment on a little boy who lost his penis. Based on his studies and his insistence on "gender", giving the little boy a vagina and raising him as female should have worked.

It did not.
It ended horribly.
For everyone involved.

This alone completely obliterates your the very origins of "gender" as a concept.

Even so. What if gender was a legitimate concept. The definition would be as follow,

Sex is a sfientific valid concept in which male, female exist.

Gender is a "feeling" not based in any sort of science whatsoever and nobody besides gender studies professors who with a degree in arts believes it to be a scientific truth.

With that being said, sure! Gender exists on a spectrum. After all, a male believing hes a female or a worm is nothing more than a mental illness and the level of illness does infact exist on a spectrum of "very ill" to "slightly ill"

The sexes are male. Female. And physical/genetic deformity at birth, albeit rare.

The gender (feelings) of mentally ill people go up to infinite possibilities. From animals. To inanimate objects. To mythical freatures. To demi/pan/fluid/nuetral/oppitise day/blue light special/ etc

That is all.

The argument is feminism created the word gender as we know it today in the 1970s and then now you are causing problems with a word you created its like inventing hitler and then arguing its definition when you were the ones who invented it so who cares its just a made up word with little to no power and therfor i should be able to adress you by any pronouns i want

SAAAAAAAAAAAGEEEEEEEEE

It's up to you to present a claim and defend it, faggot.

Gender is one of {female, male}

Female is a person whose 23rd chromosome pair is XX
Male is not Female.

Happy?

there are three genders:

1. Male
2. Female
3. Faggot