Donald Trump forces NASA to get to Mars during his first term!

We (((humanity))) are going to Mars!

Hip hip hooray!

Other urls found in this thread:

mars.nasa.gov/news/celebrating-women-in-science
women.nasa.gov/
youtube.com/watch?v=PUx1SURbb3g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

space muslims when

Hopefully they will actually get a proper budget instead of the pocket change they were dealing with under Obama

>DAAAAADDDYYYYYYY MARS IS LIKE, SOOOO BORING! CAN'T WE USE THAT MONEY TO HOUSE MORE REFUGEES INSTEAD??

unironically less interesting than going to Europa.

God did not mean for us to go to Mars.

Can't wait when he fucks it up again, now in another planet

we havent been to the fucking moon and you expect us to be on mars? you people need to get educated, nasa is a fucking scam.. they syphon your tax dollars into bullshit projects like staging flights, and creating cgi planets and fucking satellites. im not saying earth is flat but we sure as fuck have never been further than low orbit. fuck you fuck you all reality is fake the world is a stage, the game is rigged, the players are stacked. just focus on improving yourself you worthless cunts

Can some nerd answer something I was thinking about regarding Mars?

Say you somehow made the lowest parts of Hellas Planitia much deeper. How deep would you have to make it in order to have an atmospheric pressure comparable to, say, the Andes highlands? Would that theoretically work to create a sort of "safe zone" where humans could survive without a suit (a breather mask), and perhaps plants could survive?

plants still need oxygen.

yes, photosynthesis turns CO2 into O2, but during the night cycle plants still need O2 for cellular respiration.

There would need to be a source of oxygen as well

net contribution if O2 is still positive. you'd need an auxiliary supply during development, and somehow ensure the oxygen stays in the atmosphere. once they're self-sustaining you can just forget about them

What does going to Mars provide me?

Reminder that mars has a giant lightning bolt scar across it's face that makes the grand canyon look like a crack in the pavement

>Donald Trump forces NASA to get to Mars during his first term!
Well that's not going to happen.
Thanks to Obama we don't even have a manned space flight program.
We get rides to the ISS on Russian rockets (thank you Russia bros).
FUCK OBAMA for that, FUCK LEFTISTS.

>lightning bolt scar

electric universe/saturn death cult theorist detected

more illegal alioens

What is it then?

I don't know

But it sure as hell isn't a fucking lightning bolt scar.

Nope, there's just not enough air in the atmosphere.

Bottom of hellas is enough pressure to have liquid water at least, so canyons and deep craters are good candidates for colonies despite the problem of getting in/out.

If a person were to be decompressed slowly they could probably survive, but I doubt they'd be conscious and they definitely wouldn't be able to breathe even from a mask.

Thanks i'm convinced I am wrong now

>God did not mean for us to go to Mars.
Yea, he didn't mean for us to leave caves and build sky scrapers, ships, trains, planes, and to develop good health care.
Yea, better to keep 100% of our species on this planet, waiting for an extinction level event.
That's what God wanted for sure.
kys

All i want is a space empire

Your sarcasm displeases me.

WE GREAT CRUSADE NOW!

If we could crank up a magnetic field for Mars, that would go a long way toward bringing some life back to it.

Basically you need an ocean seeded with algae, amirite?

A platform for asteroid mining, vast real-estate, space empire

this is a common misconception. When mars lost its magnetic field, it lost its atmosphere, but that was over geological time; millions of years.

If we were to reintroduce an atmosphere on mars thick enough to survive (let's say we have nuclear plants going around the clock melting ice and crushing rocks to release CO2) and we can make it a livable atmosphere in hundreds of years or less, then we can have a sustainable atmosphere.

Underrated post. Ivanka's looks are not covering for the fact shes gone full tard lately

TRUMP SAVES THE SPECIES

At first I wouldn't worry about an atmosphere. Just having a magnetic field would help protect people on the surface of Mars from solar radiation...am i correct in assuming that?

>republitards slash nasas budget
>hurr space exploration is pointless
>trump wants to go to mars
>omg nasa #1 why didn't we do this sooner xD?

Sure it would help a little bit, probably about as well as some thick clothing when you're in direct sunlight.

Difference between creating an atmosphere and creating a magnetic field for a planet is that one is possible and one is stupid

Just uhhh, release a powerful electric current into the planet's core to melt it, how hard can it be?

since it has such a weak magnetic field, wont the solar winds just scatter whatever atmosphere you try to put up?

Jupiters moons are the only planetoids we'll be able to truly inhabit anytime soon besides Luna - as in beyond initial small colonization.
Temperatures on both Ganymede and Europa are Arctic. Both have oxygen heavy atmospheres (little Nitrogen or CO2) and Ganymede has a Magnetosphere. Both have strong evidence of subsurface water.

Mars has more agreeable temperatures, but Mars' atmoshere is 95% CO2, there is little evidence of any water.
Mars will be useful for mining research and discovery, even some large colonies with good hydroponics, but it will take hundreds years plus to terraform even some of it, while on Europa you could walk outside without a pressure suit and with a respirator/o2 scrummer (will still need extreme cold weather clothing though)

In the meantime we need a better method of thrust to get out there. Nuclear Rockets perhaps?

69' was staged but there is overwhelming evidence that at least one of the later Apollo landings in the 70's was on the moon

It was literally obama you revisionist fuck. Shoulda voted Newt we would've been on mars already

>while on Europa you could walk outside without a pressure suit and with a respirator

hey retard, that was Obama.
Bush actually had the Constellation project started, then the community organizer came in and canceled it.
Look it up.

Right on the Equator too.
Surface temps near the Martian equator are around 20C/70F, I wonder how hot it is in that crater though

>Tells NASA to get to mars by 2020
>Starts a war with Korea today
What did he mean by this?

>implying humans were on the moon
>implying the moon landings weren't filmed by Stanley Kubrick

Who will film the Mars landings? JJ Abrahams? Refn?

War drives innovation

>release a powerful electric current into the planet's core to melt it, how hard can it be?
Or drop a critical nuke core into it. Just hope it's not enough to reactivate the volcanoes again.

GWB himself said he wanted to be alive when we got to mars

this would take more energy than we've ever produced on Earth to date and probably for the forseeable future

when somebody figures out using them for experiments in surviving in space is the absolute best way deal with the refugee crisis.

eddie bravo pls go

Wasn't Trump told there is no space and the world is flat?

Modern science in a nutshell.

>Or drop a critical nuke core into it.
I'm taking about a Fukashima or Chernobyl.
But yea, drilling down that deep would be hell.

I meant w/o a pressure suit but with a respirator/o2 scrubber. Still need extreme cold weather clothing.

An o2 rich atmosphere gives us alot more to work with than an atmosphere that's 95% CO2.
Even better yet for Ganymede and Europa is that Nitrogen, the shit we need for breathable open air atmosphere, is literally right next door on the Gas Giant known as Jupiter

Ah, I get it, you're merely pretending to be retarded.

>north american education

9/11 was also an inside job, right? :^)

I hate Obama as much as the next guy, but George Bush was who ordered the end of the shuttle. Besides, the shuttle was used to build the station and only exchanged crews a couple times. Nonetheless though, I don't disagree that it's embarrassing that we don't have the capability to get our own astronauts up there. Hopefully everything continues to go on track for Commercial Crew.

Not war with Korea, we'll curbstomp those chinks, no technology required

That's inaccurate, unless your definition of ''world'' is limited to the earth.

The cosmos (greek word for world) involves much more than just a planet.

I like you, there are not many truly redpilled people left on Sup Forums.

>yfw all the liberal "IFuckingLoveScience" types lambast him anyway for "wasting" money on an impossible dream that could go to refugees or lesbian folk art or to homeless people to burn for warmth

>That intense radiation environment around Jupiter.

>what is radiation from Jupiter

>NASA during first term

That won't happen any time soon because the current personnel of NASA is not capable of doing such a thing, regardless of budget.
>pic related

kek, the only one working and not engaging in the group selfie faggotry is a nigger @bottom left.

Maybe we've been wrong about them all along.

I hate this photo with the greatest possible ferocity. So many boys grew up working hard and dreaming they might some day work for NASA. The pursued this dream from the onset only to be snuffed by some broad who got recruited at a booth for "Equality in Stem" at some shitty public university. This right here is why we will never get to Europa.

God is gay and sucks cocks in hell

>In honor of the first-ever International Day of Women and Girls in Science -- designated by the United Nations to take place each February 11 -- more than 150 women working in science, technology, engineering and mathematics at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory posed for a photo in mission control.

mars.nasa.gov/news/celebrating-women-in-science

women.nasa.gov/

At least if they have to fake it this time, the CGI animation will look better

not a single white male i wonder if they are all working.

Do they have sex?

We could build a colony and put all the Somalis there. That would dramatically improve Earth.

Do you have any comprehension of how much energy it would take to liquify the core enough to accomplish what you are proposing?

I've never seen any proposition for restarting the Martian field that sounded even semi possible. Even if you assumed perfected cold fusion, and other future tech that may or may not happen.

It makes infinitely more sense to create an atmosphere. Still insanely expensive in terms of energy expenditure, but even without a field, a properly sized atmosphere would take millions of years to dissipate, and if we can't be bothered to maintain it over those time scales, we probably can't make that new atmosphere at all.

Something you're not going to circumvent with any space suit nor radsuit.

Too close to it, too much of it, and everyone's dead of cancer of the eyes.

>This right here is why we will never get to Europa.
fuck off, we're full

I heard the trillions we give to NASA for so called outer space exploration has been used to build huge underground bunker cities which will protect thousands of the elite from wars and pestilance THEY create towards their great purge of humanity. Many reports on this-but censored in the MSM and probably will be deleted here. But, wake up-do your homework.

Trump learned that so much of it was faked, he is calling their bullshit. He don't like this fake news world.
Sometime in the 60's we shifted to living in a fake world, not literally. But the geopolitics and events have all been agreed to and planed out in advance. Everything is fabricated and done purposely now. Except some of the wildcard people who go postal.
youtube.com/watch?v=PUx1SURbb3g

This is the real redpill

they're white and related of course they have sex

Then why did he put it within our reach?

>while on Europa you could walk outside without a pressure suit and with a respirator/o2 scrummer (will still need extreme cold weather clothing though)

Landing on europe would require getting uncomfortably close to this thing. And its far, far away.

Also the aliens told us to stay away from there.

Only since moving to the white house, and only in the oval office.

a lot of energy

like driving a potato shaped moon into mars

might take thousands of years but we just bombard the surface with icy comits and astroids for a long enough time we can make it earth esque and if the core doesnt get churning by then, we can make a giant magnet at the north and south pole

Yes but it will take millions of years

God isnt real you fucking retard

What?
Europa has an atmospheric pressure of 0.1

Are you thinking of Titan? Saturn`s moon?

Conspiracy retards like this are stupid

The better argument would be, why go to a dead barren completely uninhabitable planet? There is fuck all to do there but die a horrible death alone.

>George Bush was who ordered the end of the shuttle.
This is true.
I am talking about the Constellation project which was supposed to start us on a path to have a heavy lifter for trips back to the moon and beyond.
imho the Shuttle was a death trap, no way to eject from the vehicle during launch.

None of them look like they'd survive a paper cut, let along getting us to Mars.

You're a self-absorbed child, like many your age. The point is to preserve our intelligence, our ability to observe. All our eggs are in one basket here. Until we know for sure there are aleins, we have a duty to see as much of the universe as we can, because somebody's gotta look at it.

So when is Mars inhabitant going to be a gender?

>we havent been to the fucking moon and you expect us to be on mars?
If you really think the moon landings were fake, why wouldn't you assume the mars mission is as fake as Trump's complexion?

we 'got to' mars orbit in 1965 and landed on 1972 . there's literally not one orbital\land experiment that wouldn't be done better cheaper and faster with a probe\lander\satellite then a retarded attempt at a pointless manned mission .

if drumpf really want to dump money at nasa it would be much better spent on a permenant moonbase roughly the size\manpower of the ISS experimenting with growing plants in low gravity,low gravity habitats ,moon mining and an oxygen factory for baking moon soil.
in the long term they could even build a mass driver and launch simple. 3dprinted probes on multistage pressurized gas rockets for next to nothing from there.

Filthy Protestant detected.

>Thinking Europa means your shitty ass continent

Lets name the first colony after Trump

>Do you have any comprehension of how much energy it would take to liquify the core enough to accomplish what you are proposing?
Nope, no idea.
Just a wild thought of dropping a big nuke power core down there and let it melt down.
We have two runaway cores here on earth they say will be hot (China syndrome?) for some 3,000 years.

Can you imagine having sex with that pig?

I mean at least Trump got's the rump.

u wot m8, its a canyon formed by tectonic activity. may have been submerged under the ocean at some point IIRC but we dont know for sure.

I wanna shove my face against it and just inhale

>God isnt real you fucking retard
There is something there bro.
Personal experience.

Of course you believe the earth is flat too.

>flag