Is that

A ramp?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nTOIB0rAD00
youtube.com/watch?v=QYdFICvDKjo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_001A_aircraft_carrier
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Real carriers have ramps. AMERICA BTFO!

How else did you think the chinks were gonna do tricks off of it?

>Not having a ramp
>Wasting more energy

>they dont skijump off the carrier
why muricans are so pleb?

what's the deal with ramp? can someone unironically explain?

WTF i love China now

Are you still in a time share with France, borrowing their aircraft carrier 2 weeks a year?

As you know, planes have to get lift before they leave the carrier, by accelerating to a high speed. American carriers are long enough to get a plane in the air by it's own acceleration.
Countries that aren't us don't have carriers as long as we do, so they use ramps to compensate for their inadequate size.

So China BTFOs america, once again?

>even America's carriers are circumcised

It makes takeoffs more simple but as a result the jets launched don't have as much firepower or payload as carriers using at slingshot method

Nice ramp Chyna

you guys have catapults for launch, are you really this fucking stupid?

It's the Poo-in-loos who are BTFO, they're down to 1 shitty carrier converted from an old Soviet helicopter cruiser.

Also, they do not have the capabilities of steam power catapults to reach the high speed

The whole point of a ramp is to get a plane into the air faster and more efficiently but americucks believe that they look retarded.

Our planes can carry a higher payload and can launch faster.

>Let's waste resources by making our ships way bigger than they need to be.

But I will agree that the flat ones look better.
It's just kind of dumb when those resources being used to make other things.

>being this triggered

It's ok Angus, one day you'll get to the big leagues; that is if you aren't conquered by Chinks first.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>A FUCKING RAMP

>A

>FUCKING

is this the KIEV?

Its not just that, using a ramo means your planes have to carey less bombs so they are lighter. Or some shit like that.

RAMP

Probably, but at least we don't use ramps.

If it's nuclear powered, you have no excuse to drop the catapult.

yeah because you have catapults not because you're carriers and long

Probably a copy of it. Lets hope they copied it exactly like the old one kek

Why not just put the jets into a giant revolver and shoot them out?

>Ramp

>military sophistication
>A
>FUCKING
>RAMP

You can't carry as many bombs with ramp-launched aircraft.

americans trying too hard.

Face it, the chinks managed to be more efficient, all you have is literally, LITERALLY, muh length.

Pathetic water niggers.

Shit countries literally have ramps because they don't have super carriers.

This must be a joke right?

youtube.com/watch?v=nTOIB0rAD00

Proof that the Battlefield series > all other games

Normal planes use ramps

American planes need a steam catapult, cause theres an american inside them!

We still have more than enough.

>t. country with no aircraft carrier

by the way the chink carrier isnt as long as a U.S. carrier. dipshit.

Nice Navy you have, Singapoor.

>Anglo in denial.

it's gonna break down within a month

I am absolutely sure the armchair engineers of Sup Forums from both sides understand every facet of aircraft carrier design better than the those that built them. I'm sure people on a Cambodian insect-catching bulletin can BTFO hundreds of trained proffessionals in a few lines of text.

Didn't the chinks have to BUY their first carrier from another country? what fags, get cucked chinks.

Nice non-existant Healthcare you have there, murifat

Actually yes. Wonderful thing about anonymous. You don't know who we are.

The US only has half its fleet in service at any one time, right? Wouldn't that mean half the time other nation's carriers would be in dock, too?

Our aircraft carriers use slingshots to assist the plane.

China has a history of well over 3000 years. They're patient.

Americans already peaked in their 3rd century. Sure, they're the most powerful empire thus far, but so was almost every other empire before it faded and was replaced.

>you're carriers and long

>by the way the chink carrier isnt as long as a U.S. carrier. dipshit.
>literally "muh length" even when trying not to muh length

Confused nigger.

actually, there is many reasons not to use catapults, chief among which is the fact they break constantly, and need replaced every few years.
hence why nobody fucking uses them except you idiots who have more money than sense.

Updated list of carriers by country.

>its about length
lol no... do you even know where planes on carriers with ramps launch from?
You see in pic related where the blast shields on the carrier are located? its right behind the ramp.

For the main purpose its not about the length at all. Its about the ideal ratio of thrust, fuel consumption, weight, limitations of your planes frame and uplift added by the slope. The catapult is the only reasonable effective alternative when your don't have the technology or funds to use steam cats or EMALS

Also the Chinese and Russian carriers are almost as long as U.S. supercarriers and bigger than French and Britbong flattop carriers anyways, so that point has not even any basis in reality in first place.

More carrier equals more space for planes, food, fuel, men, guns, payloads, ect.

I know that they tried to repair the old one they bought and it stop working and black smoke was spewing from it and that this one is a copy of the old one, which is already way too old. I really dont have much trust in chinese built machines.

Do you guys have a secret carrier we dont know about?

Yes they did, they purchased an old decommissioned Soviet era carrier

>not using a catapult

>not taking advantage of gas expansion for cheap power

Bought it with the plans. When the Chins get into their grove and are force projecting with 8 more of these bitches in the South China Sea, as well as all that aircraft built out of that sweet stolin US R&D, people won't be laughing so much.

>no ramp
>you preserve momentum on take off

>ramp
>you lose momentum when you meet the ramp thanks to the increase in angle

its simple

>not having 2 nuclear reactors on your ship for unlimited energy

jesus that thing uses liquid fuel too? the fuck???

It's so adorable how small your navy is. Not capable of satisfying a war goddess, but I'm sure somebody in your country is proud of it.

not gonna shitpost, but am gonna point it out:

a ramp limits the load you can take off with, as well as the shape of the aircraft. It is why Russians and English dont have big AWACs on their carriers, and instead need helicopters.

If you country does not do an expeditionary navy, and can do combined arms to patrol the coast, its great. Fuck it, go low cost high interoperability and compliment the skillset with coastal bases and a carrier for early interdiction.

However, China is not a defensive force. They are attempting parity with the US. So this is not so useful. However... This carrier is likely a learning tool that was not too expensive for them, and is based off the Russian one. It trains the pilots for what they need to know and serves as a nice supplement.

back to what you said though: you waste more mission effectiveness by not having cats and a flat deck, which is worse than the comparatively small energy loss of the carriers cat system when compared to additional fuel costs, maintenance from the ramp fucking your gear every time, etc.

The ski-ramp alone means you can only launch light fighters. Your new one will have a catapult. The UK doesn't have a full size carrier right now.

What, the stealth aircraft that are only invisible from the front? The stealth that the Americans have already cracked?

GTFO pussy

>Aircraft Carrier
>'Made in China'
kek

>The US only has half its fleet in service at any one time, right?
Less. Last year you only had one carrier that wasn't alongside.
That's the problem with traps and catapults, they break a lot, and need serviced frequently. The only form of redundancy for traps is to have many fucking carriers.

>le ramp

neck yourself you ameripig

>However, China is not a defensive force.
what the fuck are you on about m8

It's so adorable how small your foreskin is. Not capable of peeling back at all , but I'm sure somebody in your country is proud of it.

>>Aircraft Carrier
>>'Made in China'
>kek

I never understood this meme

I dont know much about military hardware, so please explain to me whats wrong with having a ramp

They rarely break, they are serviced often though. We have four per boat and usually only two in service so even if one is down we're still launching planes.

I have free health insurance though, which allows me to use the best hospitals and medical facilities in the world.

Curved dick doesn't beat big dick

3000 years of collapsing on itself, and guess what is happening in China now? CCP infighting and the rich chinks are stashing their cash offshore in record numbers. I wouldnt be surpirsed if an attempted coup happens soon.

>copying old soviet tech
>military sophistication

It's not because those harriers still don't create enough lift at the end of yours?

I have to say, being an American and all, I need more than a slow ass harrier flying the skies.

Ramps are for cripples!!

Several limitations with having a ramp. Like less bombs to carry on takeoff, and only able to launch smaller aircraft. And it also means theyre too poor to afford a bigger carrier.

>When your country can literally print money and you can buy only the very best

Get bent you silly chav

why does it looks like a chineese restaurant with a ramp ?

Kek

>ameritard education

oh really ?

Bets on the thing disintegrating from first storm at sea? Probably made from recycled garbage we sent over there.

I'm sure all those grounded fighters will put up a great defense. It'll be like the Spanish American war, but the the US on the receiving end this time

Why are there so many angry, butthurt manlet chinks in Canada?

>i have free healthcare
>thus, so does everyone around me!

I'll take "Newtons First and Third Laws" for $500 Alex"
>What is frequently crushing the landing gear on take-off.

t. Waterski jumper

They serve #15 Beef and Broccoli in the galley

>Wasting energy
>When we can get 4 planes launched at once
>When they can land from the front or the back

With a ramp, you're limited to one plane at one time, and they can only land in from the back, for obvious reasons. A nimitz class carrier can launch 64 planes in 15mins. How long would it take you to launch 20?

>Waste
>Nuclear reactor

It's about speed of deployment of aircraft. The US can fire off aircraft with our cable system like a damn machine gun and have the whole feet up before the Chinese or Russians can have a couple up.

youtube.com/watch?v=QYdFICvDKjo

There are more Chinks, gooks, spics, mongrels, mongoloid, niggers, jews, paki subhuman in Burgerland than in Canada

Gas yourself

No. It's an improved Kuznetsov-class.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_001A_aircraft_carrier