Is youtube trying to end itself?

Youtube have once again outdone themselves with their bullshit.
First there was the whole fiasco with pewdiepie and the WSJ and now there's this huge ad boycott.
So youtube decides to start censoring anything that might be deemeed not ad friendly or family friendly, taking ads off of such videos without letting youtubers know anything about the whole situation and just throwing them under the bus.
I fear that soon enough there will be no more place on youtube for someone like filthy frank or idubbbz,
They've give advertisers options to brand any video containing profanity, political or religious topics, etc. as non ad friendly.
Why is adult content ok on tv but so bad on youtube.
Why are they trying to censor what we watch and brainwash us into this politically correct attitude.
Has youtube gone too far?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SUr8cLO2vzQ
adage.com/article/digital/eric-feinberg-man-google-youtube-brand-safety-crisis/308435/
nasdaq.com/symbol/goog/institutional-holdings
nasdaq.com/symbol/dis/institutional-holdings
nasdaq.com/symbol/cmcsa/institutional-holdings
nasdaq.com/symbol/foxa/institutional-holdings
pcgamer.com/more-people-watch-gaming-videos-and-streams-than-hbo-netflix-espn-and-hulu-combined/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i sure hope so.

youtube 'celebrities' are the worst thing that has ever happened in the history of earth

They know that with enough free speech, everyone starts naming the Jew.

That's why free speech is always going out of style in (((Big Money))) enterprises.

This is so unironically true it hurts. I didn't want to take this redpill.

What does Sup Forums believe will be the alternative to the now failing Youtube?

liveleak

Pewdiepie, h3h3, and the other famous YouTubers will either move to Twitch or make their own platform.

Youtube's been dead to me for years

Good. If youtube dies, it will open space for new and better platforms.

It's manufactured outrage stemming from older forms of media like tv because they want a sweet sweet piece of that ad revenue pie from Google and YouTube, this is the year that the Internet takes over tv as the main source of people's entertainment, tv is in its death throes, average age of a tv viewer in 2017 is 55.

How is it that there is not an independent censorship free video streaming site with channel features like YouTube yet? You could integrate merchandising, paid content subscription, and donations like patreon all into one site so independent media personalities could make a living without relying on advertisers. Forget YouTube and build something better and leave YouTube to dumb cat videos and big media movie trailers and music videos

There was one. It was called YouTube.

Then the shekels started coming in.

Same thing will happen to any website like it. Money changes people.

YouTube is a loss leader. Google looses money on YouTube but it brings in other business and serves (((ulterior motives))).

Naw, youtubes not gonna die. Instead they should just stand strong, go back to what they were originally doing and not worry about all the mud that MSM is throwing in their direction and let them cry themselves to sleep as they continue to decline and loose ad revenue and viewership. The Internet as people's main source of entertainment isn't going away anytime soon.

>going back to the wild west days of youtube

This should be every oldfags wet dream. no more mega channels with adds and people will now be spreading a message for the sake of the message instead of $$$. This is literally a great time.

At this point I would much rather if somebody just made a completely new website with the same features as youtube but it has similar options to twitch where you can pay to subcribe to gain extra perks and also donate.
>pic related is new advertiser options

You are right. It has brought out the dumbest of stupidity and negatively effected all who watch.
Youtube is going to implode at one point as demands on all sides are not met. It appears their teams have lost that special quality of reason that drive companies forward. It might be a prelude to google if that's the case.

>Why is adult content ok on tv but so bad on youtube.

The FCC can't regulate youtube

As much as it sucks to see people making content on youtube and losing revenue, google is the shittiest company on earth and never ever do any sort of business with them. If you do, just spam spam spam and bleed them dry.

PROTIP: Google makes 99% of their money with the adsense product. They would nuke youtube and gmail off the planet if they suspected it could harm adsense.

That's all this is about/ Google doesnt care about your speech or your videos or your money or you content or anything. They care about the safety of adsense.

I can't wait for what's next.

Youtube died around 2011 or so.

i'm sure this won't surprise anyone here, but the jews are behind it

youtube.com/watch?v=SUr8cLO2vzQ

I hope it ends. Youtube is fucking cancer.

Meh, millennials seem to not realize youtube hasn't been around forever. I remember when it was just one of many competing video sites and I preferred others. Then youtube offered the best service for creators and users and so it became the dominant site. Much like myspace and facebook, if something better comes along the dominant site will die as people go to the new one. I'll go to vid.me or whatever takes over. Youtube doesn't own video streaming. Youtube wants to kill themselves that's kind of perfectly fine, there are alternatives.

except for styx

sorry, i forgot i was on Sup Forums. you fags don't have the attention span for an eleven minute video. here:

adage.com/article/digital/eric-feinberg-man-google-youtube-brand-safety-crisis/308435/

the jew is named eric feinberg

Yeah theres an ad boycott...

Its totally not Hillarys advisor Schmidt at google shlonging everyone who trash talked the lady who called in the special forces at Waco.

No shit. Talking about meaningful things and anything that actually matters is strictly forbidden. The only shit that you can talk about and advertise is senseless entertainment and useless topics that serve only to distract the masses. What else is new? Hopefully someday we'll have an alternative to such sites & live streaming, instead of this cucked monopoly.

If you're going to be paid through ad revenue, YOU FUCKING MAKE CONENT THAT THEY APPRIVE OF.

You don't go to work and call your boss a nigger and expect to keep your job. YouTube isn't infringing on free speech, you can still make whatever content you want but if you want to be paid you can't a retard, like any other job.

I used local tubes just up until 2008 with Youtube being a weird foreign service. One of the most popular services, yes, but something i could live without and visit once a week.

I am just waiting for an alternative site where the content I watch is uploaded but so far YT has no real competition and we are kinda stuck on YT, like it or not.

Probably, the elite wants you to only have MSM to listen to. How else can they control/brainwash you.

I don't care if gaming niggers get demonetized because they say fuck too much

I do have a beef with channel like joerg sprave's getting strikes because some daily mail reporters say he's training terrorists to defeat body armor

>Youtube

But it's not. It's the political pressure behind the scenes. Youtube was content to do fucking nothing as usual.

This time they were pressured by economic interests. And don't give me the SJW scapegoat shit either, because they profiled the guy who's leading this charge, the guy who collected the screenshots and seeded the articles to his stooges in WSJ, to go after Youtube.

Cui bono?

Obviously old media, which is still a powerhouse, and their marketing lackeys. There's 6 major groups that own nearly every single thing published, printed or shown on a screen. These media powerhouses are all losing market share to some random idiots with a webcam.

Of course this was unacceptable. People with billion dollar industries aren't going to sit idly by, it just took them a long time to realize these upstarts online were a pest.

Youtube will be back, but corporation friendly. Everyone else now gets ad revenue cut for the slightest boundary overstep. It's literally a corporation safe space. Bland entertainment only, but that gives you the big bucks still. Lowest common denominator.

EXCEPT, of course, for media companies who want to push their shit on Youtube. They're pre-approved content wise. And thus they used lobbying to create a regulation that only applied to the competition.

>they used lobbying to create a regulation that only applied to the competition

Let that sink in because it's a lesson you should know by heart.

They can use youtube to do it. Google is much more globalist than the left wing media.

>companies shouldn't look for their own interests

I don't know about you guys, but I will never go back to regular TV, it was barley tolerable 10 years ago and that's when I had enough and stopped watching all together and I am certain it hasn't gotten better, given the fact that shows like this Bill Nye shit exist. There is a million things better to spend your time on, same goes for paying for some cucked online newspaper, I can only wish them good luck with that strategy, surely there are lot's of people willing to pay good money to read that 4 page article about why white people suck and how empowering headscarves are. Nah mate, I am done with that shit, I have plenty of books on my to read list, a few non-shit video games in my backlog, I work out a lot, I can shitpost here or some other chans, but I ain't going back to that lazy brainwashing apparatus, which serves no purpose other than stopping me from doing something that's actually fun. Fuck TV, fuck everyone working in it and especially fuck the mongoloids who spend every waking hour in front of it. DEATH TO TV

youtube, twitter and facebook need to go, time to end the era and start something new

'
I rarely even see an ad on YT anymore due to my content. It's like I'm getting free YT red.

/k/ here, also for those you don't know, jewtube has dropped ads from all firearms/weapons related channels under the context of political related content.

No, it's a reaction of established media against new media.

WSJ and them took down PewDiePie. Why? Because he's the biggest youtuber. Message: "Doesn't matter how big you are, we can destroy you in literally a day. Doesn't matter if the charges are true or not. We can make stuff up and people will believe it."

Established media interests are owned by the same large pools of capital as google is.

alphabet institutional investors
nasdaq.com/symbol/goog/institutional-holdings

disney institutional investors
nasdaq.com/symbol/dis/institutional-holdings

comcast institutional investors
nasdaq.com/symbol/cmcsa/institutional-holdings

21st century fox institutional investors
nasdaq.com/symbol/foxa/institutional-holdings

scroll down on each page and take a look at the institutional investors.

now, for the real kicker: do this for health insurance, car insurance, food, and every other company americans spend money on.

Americans exist to make payments to large pools of capital in the northeast.

Totally user funded content. Not controlled by ads. If you want to support your favorite YouTube star donate a buck on patreon.

What was the average age of the general population?

The real question is, why hasn't a competitor popped up?

Why can't someone else make another youtube? Don't give me a "capital" bullshit, there's plenty of that to go around.

It basically became a weapon against them, and (((they))) know this

No, there isn't enough capital to go around. That's the point. Large pools of capital can create monopolies simply because they have more than anybody else. Vanguard and BlackRock between them have 10 trillion dollars in assets under management.

Capital is necessary for growth. If all the people who own capital have already created a monopoly (which they have, in virtually every industry) it would be completely against their interests to seed the creation of a competitor to their monopoly.

And you need capital to grow a business. Otherwise everything you buy has to come from the money you make. Which will not be a lot.

This.

All the good channels are already being funded by their own respective communities.
Even the entertainment ones, and a lot of informative ones.

Only the huge shitty channels will die off.
Could not care less.

Sadly the ones still making money are catering to children with fucking bizarre videos that makes the Weird Side of Youtube look like the Bible.

Styxhexenhammer666 is probably laughing right now since he came out against adsense years ago for this reason.

I don't get why more YouTubers don't just shill for Patreon.

>I fear that soon enough there will be no more place on youtube for someone like filthy frank or idubbbz,

>youtube 'celebrities' are the worst thing that has ever happened in the history of earth

Most are indeed terrible, but they are still better than Jew-manufactured TV celebrities.

So as I understand this, it's not actually censorship, but rather Youtube not paying "content creators(any idiot with a camera or capture device) ad revenue if they make PC-unfriendly videos.

So, I'm supposed to be mad that you can't earn a living from your online video channel? That you might actually have to get a job?

the thing is their online video creating is entertainment, same like comedians, talk shows, all that stuff.
they're entertaining millions of people, even if it might seem like not much of a job i'd still rather watch that shit than anything on tv.
youtube is the reason that i havent turned on tv except for some sports in years.
the only thing youtube doesnt give me is tv shows which i can get online as well so i dont need tv for that either.
also theres some people that have really high quality production thats put into their videos and not just randomly sitting in front of a camera and talking, so youtube has definitely gone beyond online video channels.

don't bother rationalizing with him, people like him don't get the appeal of independent content creators who aren't beholden to (((them))). He probably still has cable.

this is what happens when you put women in charge of a successful company. dont think the jew is involved this time. think it just comes down to how bad feminism is in capitalist societies

I would not be surprised if Google was trying to kill youtube. It is a net loss for them and it has made it easier to spread the redpills.
They probably view it as a total net loss now and only see it getting worse as it slowly becomes a platform they can't control and can't use to spread (((their))) message how they want.

Youtube is owned by google user.

Pls no
>new movie/game/music comes out
>try to find trailer/gameplay
>every result on the first 2 search pages is either fake or a rick roll
>;__;

......? I know.

I've always been of the opinion that a matriarchy is a far more scary precedent than any sort of Jewish plot, as women have no souls.

this is the future
feminism was the best weapon

Vid.me is like that, but the video player sucks ass and (((hate speech))) is against the ToS.

Nobody wants their ads associated with white nationalists.

This. The rest of you are way too reactionary and resorting to conspiracy theories about (((them))).

Vimeo, daily motion, other side nobody cares about

>independent content

>vimeo
>dailymotion
>censorship free

lol

>matriachy in the US
>women own 100% of reproductive rights, even over a man's progeny
>women raise the children (85% of custodial parents are women)
>women educate the children (80% of all teachers are female)
>studies show women make the big financial decisions in families (what house/car/furniture to buy, where to bank, where to shop and handle the family budget
>studies show women make the social decisions in families (who to interact with, what recreational events to go to, who the families friends are, and who the children can play with

We might have an economic patriarchy, but our society is 100% matriarchal now. and its the reason its going to hell

Freedomtube.com!

(fuck yeahs internally)

lot of them are worse than you average tv memes, BUT there are some good shit out there

There are countless copies of Youtube tho. None are as famous.

pcgamer.com/more-people-watch-gaming-videos-and-streams-than-hbo-netflix-espn-and-hulu-combined/

>According to SuperData, there's now a bigger audience for gaming video than the combined audiences of HBO, Netflix, ESPN, and Hulu. For reference, Netflix's subscriber count is somewhere near 100 million, while Hulu maintains about 12 million. For better or for worse, PewDiePie alone has over 54 million YouTube subscribers.

The reason they are doing this is because they realized all the most popular/newest up and coming Youtubers within the last 2 years or so are all edgy comedians with Conservative view points. They are trying to put a stop to it before they influence generation Z into not embracing SJW bullshit.

Except for Jim

pdp and h3h3 already moved to twitch. Some others have already too.

There's already a name behind all this. Eric Fostein. He caused all this hysteria so Google would use his patent to give advertisers more control. Look him up.

>Fostein
I'm a fucking retard.

Youtube was like that and then "google" bought it and now here we are.

Can't happen soon enough. Death to all non-image-based websites.

>being a (((content))) consumer

To counter this we need an alternative media source. With Pewdiepie as the face.

Either that or we only support small companies and boycott the products of ads we see.

We need a platform to voice which companies we will be boycotting so that they can see we are angry.

Its on descriptions. Titles, Thumbnails. Basically everything. Something as simple as the word: "Battle", will get your video flagged. Comments flag and many other things are age gated. Theres also rumors of entire accounts being age gated to: kid, teen, and adult as a separate filtering on top of the restricted flags.

I have about 1200 videos of mine all flagged.
20 videos out of 90 that aren't blocked are good.
With a grand total of 30,000 views not flagged.
So only 30,000 of my 4,500,000 views are in the search engine.

Bill Nye is on Netflix.

vimeo doesnt even allow videogames on it much less actual censorship.

google eric feinberg, follow the golden thread, find the thruth; its not that hard you troglodytes.

Youtube is owned by Google, Google is notoriously left wing.

YouTube was basically responsible for a lot of younger people becoming right wing. Like or dislike them, people like Sargon have helped push young people to the right. Molyneux and PJW as well. The left wing famously gets BTFO on YouTube.

It's not a huge stretch to think that was part of the reason Google wants to stifle content creation, it was becoming too right wing.

Molyneuxs interviews on race realism have hundreds of thousands of views.

How do you know this?
How do you find out?

Just go to any youtube page and toggle restricted mode on. You can always turn it on and off. This is how any user not logged in or over 18 sees the channel and the search engine results.

So the only way to know if youve been blocked is to upload a video, then make it public, and turning on restricted mode manually and checking.