Nuclear Power

There are people who unironically think nuclear power is clean and a good idea lmao

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/environment/2009/apr/09/shipping-pollution
youtube.com/watch?v=568iDYn8pjc
nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/vapor_warming.html
pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/reaction/interviews/till.html
youtube.com/watch?v=xDQDyt0B-1E
youtube.com/watch?v=axtfB7QPTiw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Isn't that water vapor?

Those cooling towers are filled with water.

1/10 Wyatt

>steam
OMG THATS RADIATION

0/10, user does not understand what steam is

That's water vapor mein duden.

It is clean and it is a good idea. Probably another troll thread...

If that's the case, we need to get rid of clouds.

NUBLEAR POWERB FUGG XDDD

But seriously, there are people out there that think the water vapor coming out of a nuclear reactors cooling towers are pollution and or radioactive. This is nothing new of course, liberals tend to have no knowledge of the things they try to ban (see gun laws in blue states for another example).

>ITT: normies/newfags filter

That's probably a coal plant. Coal plants use heat engines and also need cooling towers.

But water is a neutron moderator. It does not become "radioactive" because it absorbed heat.

>people on Sup Forums seriously believe venting radioactive clouds to the air is a good idea
wind farms are the future. accept it already

>so stupid doesnt know that water vapor holds more heat than CO2 and thus heating up the earth even more
Good job supporting climatechange drimpftards

> Fukushima
Because the world needs this to happen again

Only the international Jew wouldn't believe in nuclear power!

There are people who are unironically as stupid as OP

filename related

>It's just water vapor bro
literally the vaping of alternative energy

but real talk nuclear is the only viable option besides fossil fuels

Ban assault vapors now! No one needs Cirrostratus clouds.

Good picture. A nuclear reactor is just a steam engine.

We ran out of things to progress a century ago.

Thorium is the ultimate red pill. Explosion proof, cheaper than coal, almost no waste.

What kind of sick meme is this?

Are you the same kind of people that retweet news headlines without actually reading the article?

Or are you just causing controversy so we can have a good ol' fashioned nuclear thread?

Unlike CO2, water vapor actually precipitate at 1 atm

it is literally just water

theguardian.com/environment/2009/apr/09/shipping-pollution
>Confidential data from maritime industry insiders based on engine size and the quality of fuel typically used by ships and cars shows that just 15 of the world's biggest ships may now emit as much pollution as all the world's 760m cars.
Reminder that 15 nuclear power plants would prevent more pollution than literally waving a magic wand and making every car in the world electric.

>water vapor doesn't condenstate into rain

Waiting for the "I was only pretending to be retarded" reply.

That's called water vapor.

Almost no waste? Do you not understand how nuclear decay works? There is always waste. In fact, the waste from thorium is far more deadly and long-lived than the waste from uranium.

youtube.com/watch?v=568iDYn8pjc

Not sure if bait or OP is retarded

That's steam you autistic baiter.

This.

As for the OP... Yes, water steam can indeed amplify the greenhouse effect. However, not at that scale, you stupid brainlet.

It's just water. Explain the process by which water becomes radioactive.

You win the "dumbest post" award for the month

Next time, do some research

There's a lot less of it, it has a SHORTER half-life, and you are obviously shilling on behalf of Jew Oil.

>There are people who unironically think nuclear power is clean and a good idea lmao
There are also people who know what "irony" is.
You aren't one of them.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU LIBERALS CNN TOLD ME IT WAS LITERALLY CANCER RAIN CLOUDS

Vapor.... So toxic......

>Irrational fear of steam from reactors but not the radon in their homes

Sadly, there are lots of americans this retarded

>You win the "dumbest post" award for the month
>Next time, do some research
Manmade climate change is a stupid hoax supported by brainlets. The fact steam contributes to it however, is not.

nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/vapor_warming.html

As a resident of the area surrounding ORNL, coal fired power plants put off more pollution and more radiation into the environment than nuclear power.

I'm sure this is bait, but I have a great image in my head of a genderless otherkin wringing their hands cackling thinking "I've really got them now! This is hard proof of the dangers of nuclear energy! The fascists will surely cry themselves to sleep tonight and recognize the error of their wicked ways!".

Please tell me that describes you well, that would just make my day.

is this the next "flat earth" type meme on pol?
desu i'm pretty sick of this shit

Are there any other ways of generating electricity other than turning kinetic energy into electrical? The only one I can think of is solar.

>troll thread getting its own replies
>everyone except hippies know it's steam

>people this dumb actually exist

Pull the thorium out of the coal, make coal better, make cheap thorium power.

I'd rather take what can be put into a cask, sealed for millennia, and deposited safely into a reserve site rather than continue to burn coal and oil and give my countrymen black lung

>water vapour
>coming out of a nuclear plant
THEY'RE TURNING THE FROGS GAY

No nuclear power plants = no nuclear power plants melting down and causing world wide havok. It's pretty simple desu. Do you even know what happened in Fukushima and how it affects you if you live on the west coast or if you eat seafood?

heres your (You) bill nye the jewish guy

>Netherlands

Whew lad. Thats some solid islamic science going on there.

How is it the world's fault that the Japanese are fucking idiots with their nuclear power plants??

>Do you even know what happened when a 40 year old reactor withstood pretty well an earthquake and tsunami it was never designed to and how it affects you if you live on the west coast or if you eat seafood?
It doesn't.

Reminder that Bill Clinton cancelled the Integral Fast Reactor which could have saved us from fossil fuel dependence in the long run and prevented involvement in the middle east for (((oil)))

pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/reaction/interviews/till.html

Nuclear is the true redpill, and not a meme like Solar or Wind

>nuclear power is clean

That's water vapor, not pollution you idiot.

Zero deaths.

What about cold fusion?
No idea about its emissions

It's at worst equivalent to eating a banana or two a day. You like bananas, don't you?

Nuclear power is best power.

Have the (you). Gave me a decent chuckle.

Oh no, an old nuclear reactor designed using outdated science located on the edge of a myriad of tectonic plates went kaput!
Thorium in a sensible location will fix whatever stupid gripes you might have with nuclear reactors, including waste disposal.

That's steam, you retard.
Nuclear is the cleanest safest cheapest most abundant energy source and it is the only viable long term energy source.

So let's just have no way of producing power because it kills people regardless

Let's destory all the dams because of the small chance they could break and kill thousands of people like they do in China

Let's stop producing PV solar panels because technicians get cancer from the radioactive materials necessary to create them

Let's stop drilling oil because a poorly maintained rig can blow up, kill all the rig operators, and flood the entirety of the Gulf of Mexico with oil

Oh wait, I like power and being able to contain the waste without putting the whole of society in retrograde as best and in impending collapse at worst.

Fuck you, nigga. Take your intermittent power sources somewhere else

that is stupid it does not work
you will die the moment you are near it

>Nuclear is the true redpill, and not a meme like Solar or Wind
This. Fission is great - Th based fission is much more efficient than U - but fusion is the future.

you would know

Things that don't exist on earth can't have any emissions.

>There's a lot less of it,
No there's more of it because thorium is less energy dense than uranium so you need more of it to output the same amount of energy.

>it has a SHORTER half-life,
Primary decay product is Thorium 232 with a half-life of fourteen billion years.

It should also be noted that inhalation of a unit of radioactivity of thorium-232 or thorium-228 (which is also present as a decay product of thorium-232) produces a far higher dose, especially to certain organs, than the inhalation of uranium containing the same amount of radioactivity. For instance, the bone surface dose from breathing an amount (mass) of insoluble thorium is about 200 times that of breathing the same mass of uranium.

Some people believe that liquid fluoride thorium reactors, which would use a high-temperature liquid fuel made of molten salt, would be significantly safer than current-generation reactors. However, such reactors have major flaws. There are serious safety issues associated with the retention of fission products in the fuel, and it is not clear these problems can be effectively resolved. Such reactors also present proliferation and nuclear terrorism risks because they involve the continuous separation, or "reprocessing," of the fuel to remove fission products and to efficiently produce U-233, which is a nuclear weapon-usable material. Moreover, disposal of the used fuel has turned out to be a major challenge. Stabilization and disposal of the remains of the very small "Molten Salt Reactor Experiment" that operated at Oak Ridge National Laboratory in the 1960s has turned into the most technically challenging cleanup problem that Oak Ridge has faced, and the site has still not been cleaned up.

The Jews want people to believe that they can consume forever, so they're the ones who benefit from the renewable energy myth.

>1 post by this ID
stop replying to these threads you fucking mongoloids

You mean it doesn't exist in practice or it's emissions "doesn't exist"?

There sure isn't. Solar is a net energy loss, because the manufacturing and procurement and processing of the raw materials consumes more energy than the panel outputs in its lifetime.

Again, the notion that the economy can grow limitlessly is Jewish in origin.

thats what you get for nuking hiroshima

Tell us more, swami. I never get a straight answer from the thorium dick riders about the difficulty in keeping the reaction going and long term maintenance of liquid breeders.

>It doesn't exist.
>It is a fact that this thing that 100% for sure exists contributes to something that doesn't exist.
Am I having a fucking stroke?

yeah, without an apostrophe.

(((mechanical engineer))) here, for what its worth: Carbon dioxide sublimes from a solid directly to as gas at approximately -78.5 celcilus when it is in a solid form it is what we refer to as "dry ice" to liquify carbon dioxide is extremely hard and requires a substantial amount of energy. hence, this is why carbon dioxide stays in the atmosphere and is nearly impossible to get rid of

i'd also like to add, that the heat capacity of carbon dioxide is much less than the heat capacity of water. in other words, it will give off heat more than water will thus warming the earth at a faster rate than water vapor.

There is no cask that can keep the contents fresh for fourteen billion years. It will contaminate the groundwater eventually. Yucca mountain was canceled. We have nowhere to store nuclear waste, it's all just sitting on-site where it was made. That's the only reason Fukushima was bad, the spent fuel pools caught fire.

That is a coal plant...awkward

haha wow Blumphf BTFO

when the radiation touches the water it makes the water radioactive and then is set out to the atmosphere

>mfw

youtube.com/watch?v=xDQDyt0B-1E

>Am I having a fucking stroke?
Keyword being manmade. So yes, you might be.

Nuclear plants are a money, time, and resource sink, as well as being exceedingly unsafe to all around it in the event of a disaster.

Now this is shitposting here your (you)

That's steam dumbass. Instead of showing stupid pictures show numbers and metrics. Such as nuclear power generates the following pollutants per GJ of generated power, at a cost of X$ per GJ.

This is a pretty clever shitpost. You actually have to be pretty smart to shitpost this well.

>Nuclear plants are a money, time, and resource sink, as well as being exceedingly unsafe to all around it in the event of a disaster.
More niggerwatts to deaths ratio than any other form of energy.
Fuck off leftard.

TRUTH BOMB:
Coal plants emit much, MUCH, MUUUUCH more radiation than nuclear power plants.

How is the waste transported safely?

Also, what would work as a reserve site? You'd probably need something isolated and not prone to change. Something like the desert?

wtf i hate nuclear power now

Steam from a nuclear reactor would be a man-made contributor though

>ITS JUST WATER VAPOR BRO

youtube.com/watch?v=axtfB7QPTiw

That's water vapor, OP. Nuclear power is basically an advanced steam engine. *Technically* it is cleaner, in that it does not contribute greenhouse gasses in the process of boiling water into high pressure steam. But it's still radioactive, which has its own slew of problems, obviously.

The only truly clean and safe energy sources are solar, wind, and hydroelectric.

If we could reprocess waste, it would theoretically be zero. It's banned for some godforsaken reason, though.

>Steam from a nuclear reactor would be a man-made contributor though
It's nowhere near enough to make a measurable difference, which is why """scientists""" have yet to produce a climate model that accurately predicts it and backs their """"""""""""""theory""""""""""""".