Can Sioux Falls Schools close its teacher diversity gap?

twitter.com/argusleader/status/857569058912423937

>Over the next five years, the district aims to increase teacher diversity by 5 percent, hiring around 80 new teachers of color. "This is not just something that would be nice to do," Maher said. "This is something that we have to do."

>The district is responding to a rapidly diversifying student population and decades of research showing students benefit from having teachers of color. Students of color score higher on tests when they have teachers who look like them, and all students benefit from exposure to more diverse cultural perspectives.

>The need is illustrated by students like Tsakani Khambule, a senior at Washington High School who sometimes worries her white teachers won't understand her South African accent. "You don't speak," Khambule said. "You don't talk because you're afraid."

>Students of color make up more than a third of the district's enrollment, but its teacher workforce is 98 percent white, a number that's hardly changed in decades. Maher made narrowing that gap a priority in his first strategic plan as superintendent.

>Teachers nationwide lack diversity, according to the U.S. Department of Education, but Sioux Falls lags even the marginal national increases in teacher diversity seen in the last three decades.

>Hitting the teacher diversity goal will mean making sure about 1 in 10 new hires over the next decade are nonwhite. And Khambule could be part of the solution.

But race is a social construct. How can being around teachers that look like them (minority students) possibly increase their proficiency if we are all the same?

>Students of color score higher on tests when they have teachers who look like them
So they admit that teachers 'of color' grade based on race rather than on academic achievement.

That or they have inadvertently shown proof that segregation is positive for all races.

Do they want more chugs or something?

What percentage of non-white teachers do they want reached?

>superintendent Brian (((Maher)))

Isn't SD pretty much completely composed of white people and a few indians?

>The district is responding to a rapidly diversifying student population and decades of research showing students benefit from having teachers of color.

If this is true then the minorities should be doing better than the white students right? and how can the statement that follows be true?

>sometimes worries her white teachers won't understand her South African accent.
Black American teachers aren't going to understand your South African accent either.

Don't send your kids to public schools.

>hiring based on race

how is that legal?

>"Khambule could be part of the solution."

>Immigrant from country that went from 1st world with segregation to 3rd world with black rule in 20 years.
>Employs reverse racism making companies have black owners and you need like 10 black hirees for every 1 employee.
>First gen post apartheid SA blacks dont want to live in SA.

Why are we fucking listening to those people?

86.8% Europeans, rest minority are of Africans. NA virtually gone as in less than 2%.

Because Superintendent Brian (((Maher)))

>Students of color score higher on tests when they have teachers who look like them
So MLK is pure bullshit and segregation is the future?

Grew up in a small town in SD, the state is massively white except for a few refugee resettlement programs and the reservations. My hometown was 98.4 white or something, basically hadn't changed racial demographics since the time my great great grandfather was plowing the fields out there.

But this article is a little misleading, Sioux Falls only has one high school with a remotely sizable non white population, and it's near a mostly refugee area. Totally doesn't seem like a big deal to have more teachers of color there and, as far as I know, there's no push for other schools to do the same. So, seems kind of like just a normal thing to do, giving displaced populations the chance to be taught by their own people. Honestly, SD refugee populations are pretty based too, there's not nearly as much crime in their community as stats generally tend to suggest their would be, and their neighborhoods are honestly pretty indistinguishable for the rest of the city (i.e. they're pretty nice, but maybe a few more ethnically inspired restaurants). The extreme cold seems to have a mollifying effect on pretty much everyone, to be honest. When you can die by going outside for fifteen minutes without a coat for half the year, you're stuck inside and you don't really have a choice but to form stable bonds with the people around you.

i's be yo teacha fo today

>reverse racism

What county your're in?

Fuck the refugees! They are only here temporarily. They should know they are going back to their country.

We need more black teachers to fuck our white students.
Studies show white girls love their teachers bbc

Sioux Falls faggot here.
>SD refugee populations are pretty based too
No the muzzers are shit. They're here to shit it up and work warehouse jobs while trying to dress like big shots. Typical dindu behavior.
And don't think the congo mother fuckers are timid. Hell last year I drew down on a group of 10+ of those mother fuckers at 2am in the parking lot of a gas station on Minnesota.
There was a good 30 of them all together in like 5 cars just talking shit to people going in and out of the parking lot. And a pack of hecklers actually verbally confronting people (the ones I drew on)
The refugees are shit and even the natives fucking hate them.
I revealed my power level on a coworker over that shit because his wife is part of a church that resettles and traffics those shits in. Brought up the part where he's going to regret it when his kids go to school as well.

Good news is ICE is making rounds here and there clearing illegals out. I've seen several midnight raids over the last month.

>white teachers won't understand her South African accent. "You don't speak," Khambule said. "You don't talk because you're afraid."
yeah cause ShaNaeNae McJohnson is going to be able to speak Afrikaans
FUCK

>Over the next five years, the district aims to increase teacher diversity by 5 percent

>1/3 of students are muds

In South Dakota? Jesus Christ can't whitey have anything anymore?

I'm Arab. Where can I apply so I can give the students a red pill history on ww2 and how Hitler did nothing wrong.

In a CITY.

Is this an argument for segregation