Transhumanism General: China Rising

China has already begun human gene editing, the next technological race has begun.
>Where does your country stand on human gene editing?
>Will Asia's lack of squeamishness about human testing secure them the future of humanity?
>How long do other countries have to get started and catch up before the progress gap is in run away?
>Will governments make gene editing at birth mandatory in order to not fall behind?

Other fun topics for discussion:
>Artificial Wombs
>Augmentation
>CRISPR
>Stem Cell Treatments
>AR/VR
>A.I.
>Waifus
>Automation
>3D Printing
>Molecular Manufacturing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nkcKaNqfykg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Also, will whites have to breed with Chinese to have the best children?

When will I be able to download my conciousness in to a small computer enclosed into a box that allowed me to live my ideal life complete with realistic/idealised AI versions of people?

When i'll be able to print a gf ?
Only way i can get one

Not soon enough, but we might make enough medical advances for you to live to see that day.

Aren't half the women in Brazil all booty bouncing sloppy whores while the other half literally have dicks?

You mean to tell me you can't find one to sit on your face?

Transhumanism is willfully wanting autism, you want to be less human and more computer.

dont forget to have the box be powered by some unlimited energy source and blast the box into space

That depends on if you want a bio-waifu or a robo-waifu.

I did read something about the rise of "bio hackers". People doing genetic engineering in their own home. You can already buy kits for it. Make bacteria glow that kind of stuff. But as lab equipment becomes cheaper, you'll see people doing all sorts of crazy shit

If you "downloaded" yourself into something, it wouldn't be you because your "self" is inseparable from your brain, at least until death. It would just be a simulation of a guy almost exactly like you living his ideal life.

Short answer: never.

I'm going to need a quick rundown

I want bioluminescent tree lined streets.

-human genes bow to Chinese
-Stem cells from aliens
-Editing in psychic-like abilities
-Control Africa with an iron but fair fist
-Own minerals & real estate globally
-Direct descendants of the ancient royal blood line
-Will design the first colonists on Mars (New Beijing will be be the first city)
-Own 99% of DNA editing research facilities on Earth
-First designer babies will in all likelihood be Chinese babies
-Edited Chinese said to have 215+ IQ, such intelligence on Earth has only existed deep in Tibetan monasteries & Area 51
-Ancient Indian scriptures tell of Genetic Biologists who will descend upon Earth and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with them
-They own CRISPR R&D labs around the world
-You likely have Chinese Stem Cells inside you right now
-The Chinese are in regular communication with the sub-dimensional Jesters, forwarding the sacred drugs to top podcasters. Who do you think set up the meeting between Alex Jones & the Eddie Bravo (First meeting between the two conspiracy masterminds in over 1000 episodes) and arranged Alex Jone’s first trip to the outer plains of reality in history literally a few days later to the edge of the flat earth?
-Edited babies will learn fluent French in under a week
-Nation states entrust their gold reserves with the Chinese. There’s no gold in Ft. Knox, only Ft. Beijing
-The accelerated aging Chinese super babies are about 7 decades old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by our society
-In reality, they are timeless beings existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe. We don’t know their ultimate plans yet. We hope they’re benevolent beings.

Bio Hackers are kinda gimmicky. They don't really do anything of any use so far. They do mostly DIY cosmetic implants of magnets or rfid chips then claim to have given themselves extra superhuman senses.

That's been proven untrue by neuroplasticity research.

To make that claim, you would have to be considered a different person from one moment to the next, as brain cells change and are replaced, or are affected by external factors.

Believe what you want, but you do technically gradually become a new person as time progresses.

>but you do technically gradually become a new person as time progresses
Right. So if you had brain prosthesis, you'd be a new person with elements of the old. Just like normal.

I find that many people talking about this topic just want to phrase it in negative terms, like "it won't be you". But by that argument, a drunk or sleeping guy "isn't the same person". It really depends on what's changing, and whether it's an improvement.

If you want to get down to it, there is only one (You) in existence. If you were to put yourself onto a computer and still be living and doing your daily life, it's obvious that you and the computer are separate entities; not the same. If you were to do it and terminate consciousness in the brain it would be a suicide and clone. No matter what you say, humans are biological, and robots aren't.

Supose you slowly replace you brain with artificial parts over time. At what point are you no longer you? 10%? 51%? 99%?

Objectively, and difference means the beings aren't the same. Unless you want to look at the cells in the body and see that most of them are the same after short periods. Majority shared cells could be a way to look at if two beings ade the same person in a before and after way.

>tfw all fronts & factions trying to get rid of the huWhite Race will get BTFO because the Chinese with their genetic-tech breakthoughs, they will become 7ft tall Aryans and conquer & enslave the world
Kek

Friend, are you feeling ok? None of that made any sense. I think you should maybe have a glass of cold water and lay down for a bit.

I saw. I just want you to know that and have to live with that.

desu I haven't had a good night's rest in a month and it's hitting me particularly hard. My point was that looking at it objectively is hard to do unless you consider a person not the same after any changes whatsoever.

It is a tricky subject that until now has been in the realm of philosophy, but it is about to move into the realm of biology. We don't know the answer, but we are about to find out. Interesting times.

Kek.
A spelling error.
The instead of they.
(You)
Take it to grave!

God damnit, do we have to add another bathroom now?

Quite the opposite. Gene editing means no one will ever be trans again. you will always have the "correct" body. You might even be able to convince people to get retro virus gene therapy to fix all the current trannies.

> China Rising
NO
SINK IT

SINK
THE
CHINKS

Sink it how? They are ahead in the race to create the next level of human. They are already making edits. meanwhile we in the US are still trying to recover and catch up from the stupid ban on stem cell research.

>Who do you think set up the meeting between Alex Jones & the Eddie Bravo

Joe Rogan?

I can't here you from the beach of the Paracels.

america has been doing gene altering since the seventies via food, dont worry we have this on lock down

>China has already begun human gene editing

Implying that multinationals haven't been doing this since the 70's

That seems like a lot of sharp metal parts for something that is marketed for me to stick my penis into....

Not nearly the same thing.
But I'm not worried, I'll be getting a head start on my VR waifu soon enough.
youtube.com/watch?v=nkcKaNqfykg

Do you love your waifu or not?

>color your kid blue
>name him sonic
You know some autistic couple are going to do it Sup Forums

Yes let's become the borg or some AI's slave!

Transhumanism is evil.

That probably happened already.

Ship of theseus question with the mind. Interesting to think about. I wonder if there is a discreet part of the mind that holds the instance of conciseness that you see and feel. In that you could upgrade all the parts around it and still be (You).

"Ship of Theseus"

What we are really looking for here is a solution that satisfies all parties involved. I will call it the NEET of Thesus.

Initially all parts of the brain not needed for thought and memory would be replaced or rendered obsolete. There is already tech underway that can be used to store/ recall memories for rats. lets do the logical advancement for the sake of argument. We run that in raid with the brain, and create a backup, while in the process stop new memories from being loaded into the old wetware. Now thats obsolete. Is it still "you"? Sure. There was no break in the process of being you, plus the memory section is not the personality section, which we are going to start replacing in bits and pieces.

though...what is to stop you from now making copies of you?

>what is to stop you from now making copies of you?
You could run a bunch of instances of yourself then sync them all up. You could populate a virtual world with yourself. To keep things interesting, you could make variations of yourself, like female yous, left handed yous, Now you could also unsync the instances awareness of each other, so you could do things like play yourself at cards without knowing all the hands at the table. You could go one step further and unsync them from reciving any data from the network, it is a one way upload now that each instance is unaware that it is making as it makes its way in the world. So you are left with a world full of variations of yourself that are unaware of each other and of the network as a whole. That leaves just one question.

How am I doing over there?

good thread

>Do you love your waifu or not?

I'd rather her not mutilate my penis.

Based China.

Who else is fucking learning Mandarin?

> gay people can now have children without pesky women

So the world will have a race of hyper intelligent humans soon.

Gay people will want good looking smart blondes.

4th Reich inevitable.

Kek

I prefer a soft waifu