Be me

>Be me
>Dad is exec for Exxon
>Wonder about how ethical my inheritance is

Do you think profit should trump environment and human health Sup Forums?

It's interesting that our country is ran by a business man when business only has one goal, and that's not help the people.

I find it fascinating that some people on this planet would rather make money than attempt to preserve or even destroy it. Human greed is a fascinating thing, as not only does it progress us, but destroys us at the same time.

What are your thoughts?

**Please don't ask specifics about me, tor browser with java disabled, bitcoin bought vpn, at a coffee shop.**

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KQ0uDYdpHfs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosneft#Arctic_shelf_deals_with_BP_and_ExxonMobil
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

China does far worse for the world climate than the US does

OH I completely agree, straw-mans and finger-pointing are great when debate is cumbersome, but I think this is an easily debatable issue on American business ethics.

I definitely recognized that china has some major ethical issues when it comes to its people and environment. India as well. But I consider the US to be a world leader and above this.

No oil, no industrial civilisation. There is no substitute for oil, especially petrochemicals. Also fertilisers are made with hydrocarbons, so no oil, no food.

Don't feel guilty and enjoy comfy lifestyle your dad pays for with his executive salary.

If you can't get over the guilt, study physics and chemical engineering and maybe you can invent an alternative.

The alternative offered by the tree huggers is everyone living in a mud hut and eating cockroaches.

Again, don't let the regressive left cuck you into feeling guilty about your life. It's your life, not theirs, so they should all BTFO and not tell you how to live.

How about any sort of proof at all? You god damned LARPing nigger.

This is a great argument on the subject. I've heard great alternatives have been found but are bought out and locked up by monopolies.. Although, maybe that isn't true (its super hush hush).

I do know for a fact that the data on climate change is known by oil companies and that fossil emissions do add to its effect, but maybe you're right, I shouldn't let it worry me as much as it does. I don't necessarily lean to either side of the political spectrum. I'm more of a fan of right and wrong than left and right. The whole left right think reminds me of a divide and conquer tactic. Also, maybe I'm too young to understand it completely.

>We are destroying the EARTH!!
prove it

>muh cybersecurity
>muh coherent sentences
Get a load of this newfag.

It's ok if you don't believe me, it's a simple question, I just wanted to know other peoples point of views were. If yours is that there is no proof, than I take that as your expert educated opinion.

We could go carbon negative, completely destroying western society in the process, and it still wouldn't matter. If you honestly believe in this science you should just kill yourself.

>If yours is that there is no proof, than I take that as your expert educated opinion.
you don't need to be a chef to know the stew is rotten, buddy.

your dad is a traitor to human race

I find it fascinating you don't know humans have the power to pollute their own environment..

Defnitely new to Sup Forums, we all can't be ancient lol.

I find it fascinating that you can pretend that's a sufficient answer to someone asking you to back up the claims you no doubt adopted from somebody else.

>Dad is an exec at Exxon
It was a half decent effort. In your attempt to garner attention to the issue by making a shocking claim, you over shot the mark by making too bold a lie. It ultimately draws focus away from your topic and turns the subject of the thread to being about the lie instead.

I don't know if your a troll trying to stir up controversy, or if you actually have a passing interest in the environment, but logically there's no point to having money if in persuing it you end up destroying the only planet you have to spend it on as a result.

Wrong.
The american meat industry is destroying the world
Pic related

No, but it's fascinating that everyone thinks they are a chef with no expertise in the field whats so ever. Then again we do live in the age of internet experts.

Hmm carbon negative, I don't think we can do that super fast with to our current dependencies that have developed from 2 centuries worth of fossil fuel.

Thanks bro

>Asking somebody to prove a claim is now "thinking you're an expert"

My belief is that climates change naturally and that people do have an effect on the environment, but to a minor extent. I mean, if we're supposed to limit CO2, that is a literal impossibility, we exhale it. If there really is a difference to be made, it's with other countries, US companies are already neutered by the regulation, if anyone's doing damage, it's not us. Stop feeling so much guilt, anyways, live a little. If anyone should be worried about climate in this thread, it's me, I'm a Floridafag, my state is supposed to be underwater by now according to Al Gore. I believe that yes, we have done an effect to the environment, but nowhere near doomsday level.

>no doubt adopted from somebody else.
So you're saying your claims are from yourself? I had no idea you were a phd in earth sciences and had 30+ years experience. Everyone adopts something form someone else, this is a dumb argument

You cant claim you're not harming the environment if you eat meat

>So you're saying your claims are from yourself?
I didn't make any claims shithead, I asked you to back up the ones you made. Are you going to or not you mental tape recorder?

Everyone who shills for this cause either uses 8 billion metric tons of jet fuel monthly or owns a gazillion houses and has a carbon footprint the size of Godzilla. Every one of them is a hypocrite and therefore the "cause" is bullshit. When Al Gore goes to live in a thatched hut, then I MIGHT start giving a fuck.

You are not a fucking son of an Exxon exec. You are a fucking shit head Larper asking basic lame questions that your father or Ivy league/prep school/Connections would have been discussed to death by now. The fact that you can't even provide a time stamp with shitty Exxon stationary just shows how much these idiots will eat your shit up. Fuck off!

So you don't believe humans are capable of changing their climate or environment?

you've already made a flawed assumption.
>and that's not help the people
businesses seek for profit. How do they make profit? by selling a good that the consumer wants.

as for your environmental question, you need to ask: at what cost?

This actually puts things into perspective for me more than any other post....

I'm a first year in college, haven't learned all that yet. Just asking a question, you don't have to get mad.

No, the evidence presented to me has not been sufficient, so I'm asking you if you can provide anything that demonstrates the veracity of the claim.
So far you've done nothing but beat around the bush and try to pretend I'm just committing wrong-think.
I predict you'll either pretend that my lack of belief is a claim that it isn't real, continue to not provide any evidence, or a combination of both.

shut the fuck up and eat a steak, your fucking climate heroes are here enjoying some chicken, live a little you pathetic leaf.

I'm mad cuz you're a fucking liar.

I a relative that used to work for Chevron, they give out shit you can only get from the company often. The fact you can't even produce a god damned key chain with a time stamp shows that you are a liar!

nothing bad could ever happen to the environment. it's a fact.

This is what I was looking for, thank you.

Meat is murder, only uneducated retards consume meat, just look at niggers.

NA is fine. Mining operations and most industry was moved over to Asia. Timber industry was moved to SA. Total Forested Acres grew 1% in the US over the last 3 decades. As an American I just want to thank the rest of the world for throwing their children under the bus so we don't have to.

youtube.com/watch?v=KQ0uDYdpHfs

how much ETH do you have? u might wanna hop on that

>you can't destroy the earth..it will eventually destroy us...guaranteed.

our country is run by lawyers... We just elected a businessman for the first time in like a century and everyone's losing their mind. fuck off and sage

>be me
>e
>m
>e
Who else would you be?

Not taking responsibility for BRs and Chinamen mismanaging their own resources.

The water crisis is largely California fucking up their own reservoirs. Which were replenished this year anyway.

Excrement is a product by the way. You'd think vegans would know whats in the manure bags sold in garden centers.

If you don't consume resources, build an army and defend your nation, someone else will just come over and do it for you.

Just ask the Natives how being "environmentally friendly" turned out.

If we are killing the Earth, the Earth will just find a nice meteor or spew carbon dioxide and kill us all off. It's not a big deal, happens every few million years anyway.

You don't even have to be employed to get those things, though, just know somebody. A friend of my dad would sometimes get neat things that my would like so he'd ask him to see if they'd give him another to give out. They honestly don't care who gets them so long as they don't ask for stupid amounts like 10 to give to every family member.

>Water being a resource that needs "saving"
let me introduce you to a little something called the water cycle

That is the dumbest shit I've ever seen.
A cow is not some magical closed system that you pump 1300 gallons of water into, for it to then vanish from the universe.

ExxonMobil is a damn good company.

Nothing wrong with the oil biz, especially now that the USA is #1 in production again.

>replace cows with plants because they consume too much water
>no more dairy products because DUDE PLANTS LMAO
>massive reduction in manure available which fertilizes said plants

KYS

Than use daddy's money and connections to get into politics and make a change. How can it fucking be legal to find these alternatives and lock them away. If you know about something expose it! Be an influence in the world instead of one of these trust fund niggers

>be liberal
>could solve global warming by approving fast-tracks for new nuclear power plants
>whine about muh chernobyl because you can't stop thinking about communism for five minutes
>dump millions of government subsidies into wind and solar

The Haber-Bosch process is responsible for the overwhelming majority of N fertilizer in developed countries.

We aren't destroying erath. Even if we would nuke the place completely earth would sruvive. We are the only ones along with 95% of all species who are threatenend. Earth will always survive until the sun takes it.

Depends on how you view the world and people. I'm pretty sociopathic when it comes to life, so I'd choose profit over people. A lot of people like me are successful because they are driven to satisfy ego. Thus a lot of people like me are in control. This probably isn't good for the species as a whole, but for the time being, get yours before someone else does. I don't think humanity has evolved enough to be peaceful or work together with out conflict or greed to progress us. Maybe ai or aliens can change this, but the path were going down is quite bleak.

Pretty sure he means a human life sustaining environment, not the actual earth as a rock in space lol.

Actually water isn't the issue but the bodies of water that we do need to preserve. Streams, rivers, lakes; all of them are often neglected or polluted. My city's river dried out for a decade before the faggots managing the dams finally got their act together and cleaned debris, fixed damn, paid land owners, etc. Still I guess it's more up to the local governments to solve these issues.

But believing a cow can do irreparable damage to our supply is the dumbest shit ever conceived.

Isn't it just human nature to do what's good for you personally? Money brings nice things, and nice things make your life better. I can't see anything wrong with this.
Also, fuck off with your shitty larp.

you are a fucking slave, you will lose your wealth and fuck up your children any way, go fuck yourself.

>What are your thoughts?
My thoughts are that America's economic elites need to reflect on this in the coming years.
Trump is accurately agreed to be a Molotov cocktail that the disenfranchised have chucked at the white house. Trump is learning fast that he is going to have to make concessions to the neocons, and the more concessions he has to make, the angrier people are going to be.
>Exxon
>oil company
Odd that we're getting ready to go to war (on questionable evidence, mind) with a country that we want to build a pipeline in, isn't it?
Escalating the Syrian conflict will be the biggest mistake oil companies can make, and not because of anything the sand niggers are going to do.

What really gets me, is that because of our size, public transport really isn't an option like in Europe. Public transport is the foundation of getting off the petrolJew. Europe should really take the lead on this, they have the infrastructure and more plausible ways to make this actually happen. While yes we need to do our part (check flag), it just isn't sensible for us to lead this fight. Our dependency on oil is too thick, while Europoors have more tangible ways to get this movement started in a direction that is from the bottom up, rather than just nonsensical-backpatting feel good policy.

Do your fucking job Europoors. For fucks sakes, isn't your gas like 7bucks a gallon...?

>But I consider the US to be a world leader and above this

There is your problem. You are trying to take the moral high ground on a planet with 7billion people on it. It's a competitive world if you try to do this u gonna lose bigly

Sure that may be all true but can you make a steak out of leaves?
Check m8 atheists.

the morality of a child. a stupid one.

>Darren W. Woods - Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer
>Andrew P. Swiger - Principal Financial Officer & Senior VP
>William M. Colton - Vice President-Strategic Planning
>Mark W. Albers - Senior Vice President
>Stephen M. Greenlee - Vice President
>James M. Spellings - Vice President & General Tax Counsel
>Jack P. Williams - Senior Vice President
>Dennis G. Wascom - Vice President
>Michael James Dolan - Senior Vice President
>Robert Stuart Franklin - Vice President
>Neil A. Chapman - Vice President
>Robert N. Schleckser - Treasurer & Vice President
>David S. Rosenthal - Vice President & Controller
>Jeffrey J. Woodbury - Secretary & Vice President-Investor Relations
>Malcolm A. Farrant - Vice President-Human Resources
>Randall Ebner - Vice President & General Counsel
>Kenneth C. Frazier - Independent Director
>Douglas R. Oberhelman - Independent Director
>Michael J. Boskin - Independent Director
>Peter Brabeck-Letmathe - Independent Director
>Samuel J. Palmisano - Independent Director
>William C. Weldon -Independent Director
>Larry R. Faulkner - Independent Director
>Steven S. Reinemund - Independent Director

which one is your dad OP? There's a few kike names here

In 2014, Tillerson, who had made business deals on behalf of Exxon with Russian President Vladimir Putin, opposed the sanctions against Russia. He has previously been the director of the joint US-Russian oil company Exxon Neftegas.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosneft#Arctic_shelf_deals_with_BP_and_ExxonMobil

>try to make me feel bad for insects going extinct
>show a stinkbug

try harder

Civilisation is inherently destructive.
If you want civilisation(remember that without it you wouldn't have a computer), there will be destruction.
Our universe is entropic

is tor even viable anymore

>Do you think profit should trump environment and human health Sup Forums?
No, but it's unavoidable in a capitalistic system, especially with the "muh crony capitalistic system" that has arisen with the bloodsuckers that have been in office.

>It's interesting that our country is ran by a business man when business only has one goal, and that's not help the people.
Not really, business is a competitive field. These people aren't necessarily ruthless, just the best competitors and getting the job done. They are literally doing their job, so I guess you have to approach the question from the perspective of the morality doing your job, and 99% of jobs are fucking people over in some way.

>What are your thoughts?
Shit's fucked up man, I believe people on the whole are generally good. The world has forced "us" into acting in a way that isn't out of necessity.

>Be me
How to spot a redditor 101: They always start their shitty greentexts with this phrase.

how to spot a redditor
They misidentify 9fags as redditors

First of all, you assume you're getting an inheritance.

Anyway, if your dad isn't doing anything illegal, then don't worry. Things change, we learn as we move along. The laws will change to make fossil fuels cleaner or at least less detrimental.

Now, if you're dad is doing something that he knows is wrong and does it anyway, then you're going to go to hell in the same sled as he.

Naaa, I'm just kidding. You're the best.

>Defnitely new to Sup Forums, we all can't be ancient lol.
you talk like a faggot and you need to kill yourself then leave

how to spot a newfriend
they don't realize 9gag is where all the oldfags go to get away from them

>Only thing on the board is "WE ARE DESTROYING THE EARTH" with nothing to back it's claim

OP is this you?

If this is OP then he's an only child, so he's likely getting it, his dad earns approx 2.5mil a year with a 9mil bonus