THE PHILOSOPHERS STONE IS REAL

>Meet Calico
>an anti aging company, funded by Google
>worth 1.5 billion$ and possibly more
>The company is super secretive, no media announcements or anything at all aside from [very]few research papers

Thats it folks, Google has finally solved immortality! They are just not telling the public since they don't want the world population to spike above 10 billion.

vox.com/science-and-health/2017/4/27/15409672/google-calico-secretive-aging-mortality-research

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fXMB3HJUt6Y
idraintheswamp.com/home/the-international-center-for-missing-exploited-children/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ok

>They are just not telling the public since they don't want the world population to spike above 10 billion.
Golly how responsible of them, putting ethics above money-making. You don't see that kind of charitable attitude very often from megacorps these days.

they're probably vampires

Ever seen the movie Renaissance?

I don't get people who say "I don't want to live forever."

If I could healthily live forever, I would totally do it in a heartbeat. All those fags saying otherwise are just trying to be poetic about death.

people who are happy fear death

your mind would degrade, you'd suffer from numerous mental illnesses and would probably develop alzheimers and become extremely dissociated.

thats why he said healthily, idiot.

>implying nikolas flamel haven't already created the stone

wew

Sounds bogus. Same smell as MMS treatments claiming to cure cancer. Psudo science is a judo giant. Chlorite vs chlorides

Same
Or at least I would like to be frozen and awoken for a few months every decade so I can see how mankind evolve

Just another news about an age old topic. They were trying to solve this for hundreds of years and billionaires spend lots of money, but eventually they died. Why do American women age like milk then? Anglos are the most bad aging group on planet.

another company to add to the list

the "future charlie hebdos" list

Physical health =/= mental health or spiritual health, fucking idiot.

People need a conclusion to the ark of their life. Death is a release. Society would break down if a significant portion of the population were medically immortal. Imagine being stuck at the same wage cuck job for ten centuries. 300 year mortgages? 150 year student loan debt?

Nuh uh. People want to eventually shrivel up and fall asleep forever.

>willingly imprisoning yourself in this earthly hell.

yeepp..look up Aubrey de Grey. that guy says that the first person to live a 1000 years was born today:)

You would end up like the Brunnen G:

>do nothing all day out of fear of accidentally dying.
>live a boring life
>eventually forget who your relatives are
>end up fucking your mom or daughter after hundreds of years
>develop extreme apathy towards everything, planet lacks weapons because of "muh danger"
>His divine shadow wipes out your planet

HOLY FUCK THAT PICTURE

They're making CRISPR X-men babies to counter the Chinese CRISPR X-men babies.

Imagine entering your bedroom and see this, at night, alone.

desu i would but it gets tricky since the planet/stars/universe aren't going to live forever

its eventually gonna get REALLY fucking boring

damn, I didn't jump or anything, but that sent chills straight through me. shit son. how have I never seen that garbage before?

More like devolve if we keep going the way we are going.

Imaging the % of people that will be LGBTQABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ in the next 100 years

People live 100+ years and don't lose mental healt. You're full of shit.

*whip out my cock*
>hours later
*wipe the ash, soot, and charred hair from my penis/urethra*

So there's people 100+ with good memory?

I prefer LGBTWTFBBQ

Pretty much this when I see black people.

No

When I die I die, I don't want to live any longer than god intended for me.

Boredom is just a chemical reaction in the brain. There is no reason why we couldn't modify the brain somehow to get rid of boredom.

HOLY FUCK I'VE BEEN TRYING TO REMEMBER WHAT SHOW THAT DUMB ASS SONG WAS FROM FOR YEARS! THANKS 6 GORILLION!

Also this gave me the preliminary understanding that autism is mostly self-inflicted creating a hatred of life-choice autists far preceeding this place.

>I don't get people who say "I don't want to live forever."

They are the same people who say that they absolutely need a job to be happy.
They just don't know what to do with their time and the prospect of potentially unlimited time frightens them.

I sure as fuck know I'd be entertained for quite a while. I have to ditch hobbies I actually still enjoy every now and then just because I picked up new ones that I like even more and my day sadly only has 24 hours.

Also, by the time you'd be done with experiencing everything you enjoy (so a couple centuries) you'd already have centuries worth of new things to try out.

And if you really don't wanna life anymore, just pull the plug.

yes
i recently read somewhere that alzheimers for example isn't caused by protein plaques in brain cells. something prevents brain cells from using glucose so your brain just stops working. whoever experimented with this solved the problem by making patients go on a ketogenic diet because somehow the brain is fine with ketones instead of glucose

increasing lifespan by just 30 years would already cause a rapid advancement in technology. how old are scientists nowadays when they actually know enough in all the required fields to do real work? 40? then they work for 20 years and have to retire. what a waste

Considering we are talking about anti-aging, it wouldn't be true immortality anyway, rather just not dying from old age.

>do nothing all day out of fear of accidentally dying.
Quite a stupid argument since people are already afraid of dying nowadays and yet still do dangerous things, even needlessly dangerous ones.

I'm always fairly certain that the stories depicting immortality as a purely negative thing are heavily influenced by sour grapes. They knew that death within a century at most was inevitable for them, so they tried to come up with reasons why having a life longer than that is totally not a good thing anyway.

Welcome back, user
youtube.com/watch?v=fXMB3HJUt6Y

When do people think we will find a cure for age related death?

idraintheswamp.com/home/the-international-center-for-missing-exploited-children/

im here with you , 1000% percent

>jews will get to live forever while goyim get to keep dying for greater israel
truly the future is a wonderful place

Predicting scientific advancement past the next 3-4 years is very difficult.
Technically we already know most of the problems that would have to be solved (at least for the current knowledge level we have about how these things work), the next step is to find ways to solve them without any severe side effects.

And personally I think the biggest factor in how fast we'll get that stuff figured out are the legal hurdles that have to be taken. Developing a new drug for example is not all that time intensive. Takes ~2 years.
Getting it through all the studies takes multiple times that amount and consumes huge amounts of money because of how tight security measures are. Any failure at all if basically a death sentence for your drug. You could find something that cures Alzheimer, if it also kills ~10% of the patients in the process that project is dead.

who cares.
what kind of degenerate wants to live forever in this cancer?

Depressed 24 yo neet virgin detected

>>we lived in paradise but made the hell out of it.

Would be interesting how company's like this works.
Would also be interesting how many facilities they have in 3rd world country's to avoid human rights

>tfw having cancer right before biological immortality is solved

I want to end up in the Reign of God, not staying on a mortal land indefinitely

Thought it was gonna be a cute doggo.

Wasn't a cute doggo.

"I don't want to live forever" just means "I want to live as long as I want and then stop living when i'm ready to die", which is exactly what you're saying.

>worth 1.5 billion$ and possibly more

How do we know this isn't another bunch of overvalued whack-a-loon bullshit like the juicer?

I take peptides currently, that's probably the closest we have not to actual anti ageing shit...not that I take them for that, but it's a nice side effect I guess.

These people mean it in the context of not prolonging their natural life though. I know multiple people who oppose any kind of rejuvenation related research with that exact argument.
You can point out that it wouldn't be literally forever, but that doesn't change anything about their stance on it.

>the stories depicting immortality as a purely negative thing are heavily influenced by sour grapes

This, it is sour grapes and religious cuckery to the maximum extent.

Fuck that, give me a thousand years. Human civilization would evolve so much if intelligent people could pursue science and politics for centuries.

So instead of career politician scum living to be 90, they'll live to be 1,000.... Great. Real great plan.

With longer lives the populace would logically become more politically minded and influence the power of the political class a whole lot.

I don't want to live forever as a coward or slave. I think that is the meaning it is supposed to convey.

Do you mean
The Elixir of Life?

>flag
>vox.com
> these replies

Jfc

It depends on a lot of things but somewhere between 10 to 30 years if it's possible at all.

FUCKING NEVER

OUR UNDERSTANDING OF THE BRAIN IS EXTREMELY PRIMITIVE

THERE IS THAT PICTURE AGAIN!

>I don't get people who say "I don't want to live forever."
They are bad losers

Interesting

Is this the one that moves? Can't be fucked waiting for it

>hire friends and family to "non-profit" research company tax shelter
>pour in 1.5billion
>The company is super secretive, no media announcements or anything at all aside from [very]few research papers
The philosophers stone is real!