/naturepol/ thread

How hard is it for a white male who's checked out of society to buy some land and start a self sustaining farm hundreds of miles away from niggers and Jews?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebra-semoir.fr/-SJ-21-22-The-manual-seed-drill-for-.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Extremely hard, farming is an industry. You'd have an easier time hunting and living mad simple like Dick Proenneke.

>/[insertshill]/

Got more?

what kind of stuff you want m8? i've got a folder.

Everything, I've been trying to make a folder.
Media upload the files?

Why can't this work?

i might as well just dump the rest of the best ones here.

But it can. It's called aquaponics. I have a setup in my backyard.

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

no prob. You going to set something up out there in Canada?

Land is so expensive here :(

Not very hard, if you have the finances.
You need cash to buy the land, tools, a tractor, seed, fencing, ect. And a house. And food until the first crops come in, and good storage for winter months. So throw in canning supplies.
Then you'll need a way to pay taxes, and most places require you to be on the electrical grid. Investment income could do this, but you'd need 6 figures to really make a safety net.
It's a lot of work. Get up at sunrise, work all day, go to bed at sundown. There's always something that needs doing on a farm.
If you have livestock, then you'll need cash reserves for vets, and feed.
It's do-able, but you'll probably want to spend a while researching it. Buying a working farm is a better idea, especially one that has an income from selling produce or eggs or milk locally.

Homesteading is a thing, you know, there's plenty of good resources about it online but it's not easy, you need a lot of startup capital.

Have a Bump for good content and make an informative OP next time. No need for memes if your content is good

Yeah, or down in the US. I'm beginning to really dislike new laws and regulations being passed here. Also wait times for ER is shiet.

why are people so obsessed with collecting rainwater and turning it into drinking water. drill a fucking well. The ground does the rest

I believe Japan does this to grow a large amount of food in a small space efficiently.

The biggest hurdle is the seed money, land is fiarly expensive and an actual farm large enough to sustain yourself and turn a profit isn't going to come cheap, it's also hard work. I'd recommend just getting enough space to sustain yourself and maybe a couple other people, chickens and goats are good animals to keep and relatively low maintenance, bees are also nice to have as a source of honey to replace processed sugar. I'd also get a small mill for turning trees into planks, wood takes awhile to cure so it will be awhile until you can startvusing it but a small tree removal service can provide you with materials to work with while also bringing in a profit, if you get good at wood working local furniture outlets often offer good commissions for handcrafted goods. Simple things like cutting boards can also bring in a tiny bit of money at farmers markets type places and you can boost that income by adding a little bit of extra effort like staining them and monogramming them with a wood burner. You'd do best somewhere on the outskirts of a city rather than the middle of nowhere so you can profit off the hipster crowd looking for "rustic" handcrafted goods.

What is this?

vertical garden pyramid tower if you don't have much space to grow.

This seems like the right place to ask for advice.

Let's just say, hypothetically, that a bunch of Sup Forumsacks want to start over, establish a colony of sorts that must be entirely self sufficient, and they have the land and privacy and money and resources to do anything, how would you recommend they take care of the food situation in an area where conventional farming is just not possible due to soil quality?

Any ideas welcome

Excellent charts
thanks user

I live in a rural area and some years ago my dream was to go to a metropole, today I don't want to leave here.

Importing soil or Hydro culture. Still hard if you Kek Niggers go for Sahel, a deserted Island or the arctic

I live in a city and have never seen a Jew or a nigger.

Best president

Currently we will hypothetically set up aquaponics systems, but that's not viable for all the crops we would like.

Hypothetically it's about the same climate as Sahel, more rain but dry ground, few grasses and tough scrub, very rocky ground too generally. Usually used for goats and lambs.

Farming is hard fucking work, it is not for everyone.

good post

They should make a white farmers in Africa farming simulator.

source the cheapest fertilizer you can as close to where you are improving the soil as possible.
Guano from a local chicken factory, fish guts from a local fishery, ash if you are planting crops that grow in alaki soils, composting all food/bio waste on site and collecting leaves and woodchips from local forests...

Not hard.

Depends on where you go, but you could easily sustain yourself with a couple acres.

It's easy to grow vegetables - corn, potatoes, radishes, cucumbers, squash

If you live in a rural area where deer roam, you can get a hunting license and support yourself that way. Most states limit the number of deers you can kill per season, but if you butcher all the meat from one large deer and freeze it you should have enough food for half the year at least.

Especially if you make jerky from it.

Also canning your vegetables will make them last longer.

It isn't hard to support yourself, but you also have to have some income

This is some good stuff

If you learned to butcher a deer well, to get all the cuts of meat from it and not waste hardly any..this could be your income.

People pay about $150 to have a deer processed.

In the hunting season you could do this for income.

yep food preservation techniques are essential.
I'd advise any anons interested to look into canning, dehydration, vacuum packing etc. Unfortunately I don't have any infographics on this sorry.

More rain is good.
>Aquaponics
With how you discribe the climate zone there seems no other way. Either go big or go individual.
>but that's not viable for all the crops we would like.
If you plan on farming potatoes in a Sahel climate thats not gone happen.

How about adapting and instead of farming breed goats

My friend build a large garden like this, though he didn't use the irrigation shown here. It's very successful and he has a wide range of vegetables and tomato and strawberries as well

With greenhouses we can require almost no operational additions of water to the aquaponics so that's ideal

As for using the soil, there are a lot of options that are better than nothing, and in any other situation would be considered ideal, but not for us

Kek William you will see us rise, and fuck those kekistan faggots, they're all redditors and normies

Frankly I find the obsession with wind turbines much more retarded.

Wind turbines are about the stupidest, most inefficient, problematic and unreliable means of power generation known to man.
And these fucktards are all falling for them hook line and sinker.

Just use some fucking solar panels, people.
If you want a backup for when the sun is out, build a small wood powered steam or stirling generator.

It largely depends on the crops you use and how many you like to feed. But sure, with enough water reserves, good equipment, nutritions and knowledge on how to use and maintain it, there is nothing that stops you.
Would love to see it happen. Maybe will command a drone strike against you one day.

A ridiculously inefficient way to build a home.

>takes up a fuckton of lumber
>will ALWAYS have drafts going through it when there's strong wind
>will take a fuckton of wood to heat up relative to surface area
>is very labor intensive to build properly, and if you half ass it the logs will inevitably warp and dramatically worsen the draft and heat loss problem

Just build a double walled brick house with fiberglass insulation in between.
Bricks and mortar are cheap and so is fiberglass.
It's easy to build, it'll last literally forever and will require no maintenance (except the roof).

>Nature
>Farm
Pick one, moron. A farm is literally the destruction of nature.

>Beets add minerals to the soil!
Literally impossible. That's not how chemistry works.

might be to do with the root/rhizome/fungi interaction. I haven't double checked everything in these infographs.

I would be so happy to never have to deal with humanity. Id like a few neighbors to drink and laugh with. Sons and daughters create new life without dealing with this fucked up World. Amish are beautiful

Most "tips" in anything are nothing but urban legends. Companion planting is to a large degree the same. Legumes do add Nitrogen to the soil, but it doesn't matter if you plant them with other plants, because it only actually works in crop rotation because the plant has to die and rot back into the soil to release any significant degree of the Nitrogen it fixed. And there is basically no such thing as organic pest control outside of near laboratory conditions like covering all soil with fabric like some small growers do.

>Tractor

He's not playing farming tycoon 2.
You don't need a fucking tractor to grow some food for yourself for God's sake.

tractor might be a bit ott but a push tiller/rotavator and a seed drill would save your back.

ebra-semoir.fr/-SJ-21-22-The-manual-seed-drill-for-.html

By the way, why do none of these infographics include nuts?

Nuts are extremely caloric, good for you, and take up very little space.

I've got literally tens of walnut trees growing all over the place on my property and I don't even want them. They're pretty infestant.
Chestnuts are a bit more fragile but once they get going they're unstoppable too.
In my experience a single large adult walnut or chestnut can produce up to 50kg of nuts.

That's more than you could possibly ever eat, enough to trade with neighbours. And they require virtually no maintenance. Just make sure no ivy grows on them.

Infestants should also be taken into account.
For example blackberries are EXTREMELY infestant here in Italy. You literally can't get rid of them, they just never fucking die whatever you do to them.
When they're in season (2-3 months a year) you have significant amounts of easily harvested fruit that again requires no maintenance at all.

Have nature work for you, if you can.

great post guys, looking to drop off the grid myself

you're right they should have included nuts in some of them.
I'm pretty much out of them now though.
I wasn't collecting them obessively just sporadically.
Will look out for some nut info.
Also hedging young trees can help with production/collection of nuts too I believe.

Well sure, but a tiller like that goes for 5-600€, not the thousands a 40 years old tractor would go for or the tens of thousands for a new one.

Realistically you'd also want a motorized wheelbarrow to carry firewood and such around.
I'm clearing a pretty large patch of forest from storm damage by hand and just getting the fucking wood out to the road below (10-20m) is grueling work.
I'd certainly never want to carry firewood by hand more than 50m.

>pic related is most of the work I did last time

shit man that's tough work.
You thought about splitting the logs on site using maul and wedges?

>Also hedging young trees can help with production/collection of nuts too I believe.

Sure, but why bother? You're not gonna eat them all anyway, and if you are, you can just plant another one.
Again, you're not playing for maximum yield, you're playing for maximum comfort.

In my opinion, it's much better to spend a little more upfront and buy slightly oversized land so you can get away with things like these.
You don't want to make your dream into a hard job, that's how dreams are broken.

>and this is what it looks like where I haven't already done some work

I'm cutting them this long and leaving them whole because I'd like to make some benches and other things with them.

I'm probably gonna cut the rest of the trees up into smaller pieces though, because doing them this big is really hard.

I don't want to split them on site because while that makes them lighter, it also makes transport more of a hassle (more pieces to move = more trips to and from the car)

So, basically a bog-standard zombie survival game?

don't try to run a farm yourself, join a community that;s already set up or is in the process of setting up

choose one who is based around beliefs similar to your own. you'd be surprised how many there are

This infographic is always annoying to see because the amount of food required to keep your animals fed is nearly 4 acres per cow

10 acres is about the minimum. If you try to farm constantly on 1-2 acres you will destroy the soil. And gathering your own wood for fuel and fencing will deplete things rather quickly.

4 acres is A LOT of land.
If you plant corn on it it'd yield around 12 metric tons of corn per year.
I refuse to believe that a cow eats 33kg of corn per day.

Unless you're talking about grass feeding of course.

Well, if he's really going to do everything himself then a tractor would be very useful.

It is unlikely anyone with basic gardening experience could feed themselves for a year using only hand tools. Most gardeners are hobbyists and the amount of work required to grow a whole year's supply of food is immense.

This is aside from cutting trees, caring for animals, and building your home/outbuildings. Is he going to be in snow country? Well, there a tractor is incredibly useful. Moving snow, manure, or wood would mean a four hour job becomes a 1 hour job.

It's romantic to think you can just go live off the land, but very few people have the skills, let alone the physical endurance, to pull it off. So it's best to have some help and a fallback plan if you can't ease your way into it.

This. Farming these days requires you to have millions of dollars tied up in land and equipment.

You hear tales about opportunity in the USA through some kind of farming programs and such. In general it's very, very hard though because the number of farmers constantly goes down, so you'll generally compete with people that have done this for generations in a shrinking market.

that's racist

>it isn't possible to do what our ancestors did for thousands of years anymore
>only debt-based industrial farming is possible

What is this? Kosherposting?