13 Reasons Why - Elementary students Forbidden to discuss series at school

>"Increasing number of schools issue warnings about popular show '13 Reasons Why'"

>"New Zealand kids not allowed to watch ‘13 Reasons Why’ unless parents present"

>"‘13 Reasons Why’: Canadian Schools Ban All Talk, Issue Warnings About Netflix Series"

>"13 Reasons Why: School superintendent warns parents of danger"

Here is a synopsis is a letter sent to the parents of sixth graders in Alberta:
>“The discussion that is unfolding at school is troubling. This series is rated Mature and the theme is the suicide of a high school student. This show includes graphic violence (rape) and gore, profanity, alcohol/drugs/smoking, and frightening/intense scenes,” read the letter. “The purpose of this email is to provide you with this information. Please let your child know that discussion of ’13 Reasons Why’ is not permitted at school due to the disturbing subject matter.”

This is the first I've heard of the series. According to wikipedia: Based on a novel, the show revolves around a student who kills herself after a series of culminating failures, brought on by select individuals within their school.

Why does the topic of suicide elicit such mass hysteria? It is so taboo that kids are forbidden to talk about it, and the schools are emailing the parents, warning them not to allow their children to watch. Do they have the right to tell parents what their kids should and should not watch?

>a show about a main character that commits suicide
sounds dumb

Bad guy is straight white rich male, the feminized boys get the girls, the clean cut affluent males are bad, safe space posters on the walls, so many undertones in this shit

They should have cast a Black actor for the role of the suicidal student.

Because kids today are complete fucking morons. Look up Blue Whale.

Is this a fucking Leaf Show?

This sounds like what Degrassi turned in to, all LGBQT and Whatnot.

>show's main goal is to raise awareness about depression and suicide among young people
>gets banned by schools

Hannah is so painfully beautiful. I wish I could have loved her.

I research suicide. This is a bad show. The show posits that there are "reasons" why we commit suicide that originate from the actions of others. The entire basis for the book and show carry incredibly dangerous assumptions and discourage agency of suicidal teens. No one MAKES you commit suicide. You fucking decide it yourself

VERY degenerate show. She fucks a nigger too

The main goal of the show coincidentally promotes and romanticized suicide. The main character uses her suicide to get back at ppl who hurt her and send powerful messages she wouldn't be able to make otherwise

>why does the issue of suicide elicit mass hysteria
Children are sheep and this show is the latest flavor of the month

>a play about a guy that fucks his mom and then gouges out his eyes

sounds dumb

Forgot pic.

hmmm crackers committing suicide, play this more leaf, chicken coming home to roost.

It's on Netflix what do you expect

Why don't we promote this? If everyone who was so petty and vain that they'd do something like that actually did it then their genes wouldn't live on and the human race would be free of that type of pathological emotionally manipulative behavior in a few generations

it's another "white jocks are evil rapists" kike flick anyway

Anything more than "blue whale"?

Anyone who looks that up is just gonna get information on blue whales.

Good point

Mark my words the suicide rate will go way up after this show. It will become fashionable to attempt and commit

this. it's pure jewery.

It is an awful fucking show. I actually sat and watched the whole thing with my brother on his recommendation.

I wish I could have that time back to shitpost instead, it was that bad.

It is a dumb story. Who the fuck gouges out their eyes because they put their dick in a no no place?
Makes no sense.

This is spot on

Yep, and someday we will finally be free of whites.

So it's basically An Hero: The Movie?

Even if it is, why is it being banned?
I haven't watched it, so I cannot attest to its' level of shit. Also, I may be biased because my best friend hung himself when we were teens... but It doesn't make sense that the schools feel they have a right to tell parents and students what they should or should not watch - OUT of school

Guess I should have started a little more entry level for you pleb

There is a suicide epidemic in high schools, just in Colorado Springs alone where I live 18 fucking high schoolers have died this year from it. Schools need to talk about this, not ban any mention of something even related to it.

The entire school my mother works at is going crazy for the show. So much so that its discussion is interferring with classroom education.
It's a predominantly black city school so I'm not sure what the social outcome will be.

>Mark my words the suicide rate will go way up after this show.

Yes, this. We've known that suicides tend to produce imitators or copycats, including fictional suicides ("Young Werther Effect").

The show has some SJW bullshit in it but I award it for actually showing her suicide. A lot of time shows beat around that part. Not this. It flat out showed you her slitting her wrists.

I'll agree with you here, the show made suicidal out to be a heroic action.

No, it's Ann Hero

Forgot to say: not worth the watch.

watched the whole series. Its pretty much chads and stacies doing what chad and stacies do, and the main bitch takes it too personal and kills herself..

I wouldn't let my kids watch kike shit either.

it's extremely pozzed, maybe they're banning it to make it cool

The black community would be up in arms. I think suicide is even MORE stigmatized in non-caucasian culture

Would this not then, serve as the perfect opportunity for teachers to properly educate kids on suicide? Reasons, Preventions.. etc. Rates of depression and suicide have been on the rise. The outright ban of discussion is concerning. If teachers are concerned about the messages in this very popular show, why not engage with the kids instead of leaving them in the dark?

This, suicide is almost never as obvious as the show makes it out to be.

teacher here

my district sent home a warning about it

still not gonna watch it

Didn't realize, sorry.

It's a vile challenge game invented by some Russian degenerate. It became increasingly popular among edgy teens and dumb school kids, at least in several Europoor countries. Thing is that the kids who want to play Blue Whale (and quite a lot of them want to for reasons which elude me) go online and contact a "guide" who will give them instructions. They will receive a new challenge every day, for 50 days, and have to provide photographic proof of its achievement. At first they have to watch horror movies, stay up late or wake up at specific hours, go hang around at night in bizarre locations, but the challenges get more extreme by the day - self mutilation, carving a whale or certain texts in your flesh, banging your head against a wall....eventually, to "beat" the game and "win" you have to commit suicide. I don't understand how kids became so retarded or impressionable, to play such a game... there have been well over 100 Blue Whale suicides so far.

May God pray unto our souls...

That woman is so pretty.

>cunt kills herself
>blames everyone for her shitty mistakes
>most people are guilty of literally nothing
>only legit thing she could cry about was being raped
>by a guy who raped her friend in front of her in the past
>and against who she did fuck all even knowing he was a criminal who raped her friend and kept walking free around town without anyone knowing he was a criminal
>then she went to his party in his house and got in her undies in his jacuzzi
>literal retard
>makes tapes blaming others for it
>sends it to them
>LMAO yu killed me faggots now kys' too

Great example for the kids

because its well documented and studied that 1 suicide has a huge influential impact on other young people who may be pre maturely considering suicide for trivial reasons. its why theres a suppression on news over new suicides, because it influences copycats. this happens everywhere and for good reason. there is likely a higher suicide rate near you than you imagine, because the government asks news not to report. they want to quell copycat suicides.

You know, it's funny. I just happened to have started watching tbe firat episode when I saw this thread.

Now Im deterred to off myself because it portrays it as a pussay faggot drama queen shit

the series is also absolute sjw bullshit and literally everyone acts as if sjw faggotry being thaught in schools is normal and good

gudguy literally shames someone for fatshaming

In what way are they discussing it?

This show used the word, cuck, and gave a phony definition equating it to asshole/dickhead. The ban is a ban on cuck

My gf just put this show on last night. Was dumb.

It's a really good show. You should watch it.

I don't get why the world is sperging out about suicide though. The show is mostly about why and how various kids at school are involved in the "thirteen reasons why" she kills herself.

This world is fucking stupid for disliking it because it's a good show and this negative attention negatively effects adventurous stories like that. Let art be considered as art.

At least most people peddling sjw bullshit are asshole little fucks who deserve no sympathy

Small redpill

Sounds like a typical Lifetime or Family Channel bullshit movie.

That's not an Australian Flag...

Read - Silent Weapons For Quiet Wars ;
Disintegration of the family unit in favor of State controlled child care centers to be the norm.
*** Inoculation of behavioral DRUGS ( Ritalin , SSRI 's ) is essential.
Reprinted in - Behold A Pale Horse , by William Cooper ( C 1991 )

it legit sounds like a chick show so I don't know why it would be good.

Teachers aren't in a position to articulate any of that. Very few people understand suicide enough to talk to others about it. You need to study it or have been there yourself

Not only is suicide a sin, it is the sin. It is the ultimate and absolute evil, the refusal to take an interest in existence; the refusal to take the oath of loyalty to life. The man who kills a man, kills a man. The man who kills himself, kills all men; as far as he is concerned he wipes out the world. His act is worse (symbolically considered) than any rape or dynamite outrage. For it destroys all buildings: it insults all women. The thief is satisfied with diamonds; but the suicide is not: that is his crime. He cannot be bribed, even by the blazing stones of the Celestial City. The thief compliments the things he steals, if not the owner of them. But the suicide insults everything on earth by not stealing it. He defiles every flower by refusing to live for its sake. There is not a tiny creature in the cosmos at whom his death is not a sneer. When a man hangs himself on a tree, the leaves might fall off in anger and the birds fly away in fury: for each has received a personal affront. Of course there may be pathetic emotional excuses for the act. There often are for rape, and there almost always are for dynamite. But if it comes to clear ideas and the intelligent meaning of things, then there is much more rational and philosophic truth in the burial at the cross-roads and the stake driven through the body, than in Mr. Archer's suicidal automatic machines. There is a meaning in burying the suicide apart. The man's crime is different from other crimes -- for it makes even crimes impossible.

-G.K. Chesterton

>she fucks a nigger
No, she just goes out with him and it shows him as a total muh dik jackass

>pic related
Does anyone else feel it's odd to say this show would have a bad influence on youth when it doesn't even use young actors? Hell, one of the Asians on the show has to say he's 17, but the actor is 27. Clay, the lead male, is in his 20s. None of them come off as kids. The villain, Bryce, beats up Clay in the most methodical bullshit professional way. Not at all like teen fights.

I agree. If the show is popular and romanticizing suicide, and if teachers ACTUALLY care about students being encouraged to commit suicide.. they need to educate the kids and inoculate them from garbage. What good will come out of abstinence? You know for a fact, especially in ethnically diverse populations, suicide will not be discussed at home. It's just so taboo.

In ontario:
>The Ontario Ministry of Education is warning teachers not to use Netflix’s new series 13 Reasons Why as a classroom tool because it is “graphic and potentially triggering for vulnerable young people.”

>Small redpill
Too small.

what she fucks no nigger

But it promotes really really negative ideas about suicide... like you said. That others are the "reason" and others have control over your decision, that people who hurt you can make you hurt so much you die

That's a super fucked up message to feed to kids

This.

Is this a child pussy discussion? If so, then yes.

18? Jesus Colorado Springs isn't that populated I didn't think. I haven't heard anything about this in Nashville, although maybe I wouldn't even if it were happening. When I watched the show I thought, yea, it kinda glamorizes suicide so kids will be more likely to do it.

Also definitely this. I'm sick of knowing in every show or series the clean cut tall white dude is gonna be a rapist or murderer or some shit, when in real life they're the least likely (among males at least).

Suicide is actually a communicable disease. I'm not shitting you. CDC determined young/teenagers, when exposed to news of suicides, were more likely to kill themselves.

This is why reports of suicides (especially teen suicides) are normally brief and leave out the details of how.

This show is doing the exact opposite.

It's even not true to the book. In the book he just fingers her, so they added in an actual rape for dramatic effect

It's got some teenage angst in it, but it's not Twilight-tier.

It has a well done dual timeline setup: there's the present when the main character Clay listens to the 13 reasons why she kills herself, and the past where he reconstructs the events based on his recollection and the tapes.

He also has a special role in the story which I won't spoil, but it's a good twist to the whole story.

Its not good

Probably banned because they'd rather not deal with the problems the series portrays so lets just silence all discussion about it.

A lack of morals, perspective, and respect for their own lives.
It's really bad, I don't know a single person who hasn't been effected by this.

Pretty much all popular entertainment is onboard with this stuff now... it happened very quickly.

It almost seems co-ordinated...

I'm more concerned with it showing little help for those who are suicidal. It made it seem like suicide was a good idea and that she didn't have options, and that everyone else was to blame.

I think the violent suicide would've acted as a deterrent if it wasn't for everything else.

>I research suicide
Elaborate with this? I've never seen the show can anyone give me a rundown

TEENAGE SUICIDE

>DON'T DO IT

Teaching tool???

They have time to watch Netflix at school now?

What happened to math?

That's the most autistic statement on morality I've ever read.

neutral i suppose, just sharing their thoughts and experiences.
apparently, this week, there was a student screaming about committing suicide and lashing out at people.
her and i are going to have a long discussion tomorrow about what we could do to prevent any harm.
it is apparently all the way from first to eighth grade talking about this show.

As quoted by famous asswipe GK Chesterton whose frame of reference includes no understanding of what some people experience

>When exposed to news of suicides, were more likely to kill themselves.
>when people are exposed to something depressing they're more likely to kill themselves

This doesn't make it a communicable disease mongoloid.

My point is that real parents should be raising kids correctly, and not be raising kids so easily swayed to suicide by such casual influences.

Suicide is a serious concern, but when normal kids trivialize it for real, then who cares? I get that people think the show trivializes it, but I see it as that but simultaneously have empathy for people who are really suicidal.

I have a family member who is suicidal too who I think about and try to include them in my life as often as I can.

>Why does the topic of suicide elicit such mass hysteria? It is so taboo that kids are forbidden to talk about it, and the schools are emailing the parents, warning them not to allow their children to watch. Do they have the right to tell parents what their kids should and should not watch?

Suicide is contagious. Suicide is a meme. MSM is not supposed to talk about it either.

>do they have the right to tell parents something?
yes... they have the right to tell the parents whatever the hell they want
they don't have the right to tell anyone they're not allowed to watch something at home though
and they can't force the parents to do anything

when i was about 15 my parents were considering me sending me to a christian school that was notoriously strict
they kicked out kids if they found out they listened to the
>evil rock and roll
even if it was in the privacy of their own home
this was like in 2009 btw
im guessing they were even more strict on things like public displays of affection or underage sex
i used to think that was a really stupid school and I was glad I never went
im starting to think they were pretty based now though
i bet a lot of the girls that went there grew up to be wife material

Fascinating. How is she dealing with the discussion? Have the higher ups given her any direction?

It's typical Netflix SJW-propaganda, redpilled my gf on a few things about Netflix though.

This is just a meme my dude
A good one

Suicide!!! My body my choice!!!!

You sound like you have tits

From what I'm hearing, the story is basically Cyberbu//y, except she actually gets the cap off this time.

>the show revolves around a student who kills herself after a series of culminating failures, brought on by select individuals within their school.
>a student who kills herself after a series of culminating failures, brought on by select individuals within their school
>brought on by select individuals within their school
>brought on by select individuals
Nope.
Suicide is on no one but the person who makes the choice to kill themselves.
You can't blame other people for what you choose to do. But these people hate responsibility, so they always do.

>he never watched the greatest story never told

Right, but they can talk about anal sex and multiple genders? Ontario just had its sex ed curriculum chanced. They teach kids about anal sex in like 3rd grade and trans people.

Look, even if the teachers ARE unqualified, every school in the area I grew up in has at least one school psychologist, and a psychiatrist in the books. They could get someone who is a mental health professional to come in and talk to the kids. Heck, if its so popular, have an assembly with the health professional. It's really not that hard.
I did a degree in Biomedical science with a minor in psychology, with an emphasis on psychopathology. Health workers were ALWAYS available to come in and talk to the students. They also discussed how hard it was to get into high schools and lower levels of education because of the bureaucracy involved. How "parents don't want their children learning about the crazies". It's just sad
I should mention, that the area I live in is home to one of the largest research hospitals for mental health. It's somewhat sad that they aren't utilizing these professionals where it could be useful

Leftards don't realize that though, which is where the whole "he dindunuffin, he a gud boi" comes from as well, criminals aren't responsible for their actions in the eyes of leftards, it's society who's to blame because it forces criminals to commit crime for socioeconomic reasons etc, completly ignoring the fact that the vast majority of poor people do NOT choose to commit crimes.

This hasn't left the family dinner table. As far as I'm aware the teachers and administration have no clue what they've got on their hands.
Teachers/parents are watching it with their kids.
She'll probably bring it up to the principal soon after the weekend.
We'll watch an episode together and see if we can work toward a brighter solution.
Any discussion here will help moving forward.

The show is a good lesson for male feminists. Women would rather get "raped" by an alpha and kill themselves than fuck a beta orbiter loser.

G. K. Chesterton is an outstanding thinker. Just because you can't appreciate the point he's making doesn't make it autistic. There's a certain evilness in turning your back on everything on offer in the world. Suicide is in this way a worse sin than say theft, where you just want something this world offers too badly.

On a related note I watched some of the CBC election night coverage of Trump's win recently and realized that your country is just pure dogshit, which helps explain your post.

They mean to use it as an example, to build on what is wrong with the show. Probably for one of those mandatory sociology classes... or whatever it is called. It's actually not a bad idea, since its a "hip" show, it would keep kids engaged within the class they are already forced to take. They do not mean "go home and watch this show, we will discuss tomorrow"

It is boring and the characters are annoying and unrealistic. You burgers get easily impressed by anything

Good tbqh. My sister has borderline, depression, and crippling schizophrenia. She survived a suicide attempt in high school. She watched this show and during the last episode of the show she had a schizophrenic attack and I had to restrain her physically from harming herself.

Would not recommend this show 0/10

I think the main character was realistic but other than that yeah pretty fictional people.