I need God, Sup Forums

I want to join a conservative Christian denomination.
Which denomination should I join?

Other urls found in this thread:

wallbuilders.com/founding-fathers-jesus-christianity-bible/
youtu.be/OTAz7XIUy_0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroaster
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shameless self-bump. Need advice.

hah, that chart's pretty accurate

i don't have any advice, but i will tell you this task was excruciatingly difficult for me
a lot of different schools of thoughts/denominations have great arguments and are internally consistent

good luck
t. southern baptist

Here we go again...

>presbyterian
>anglican
>that far right
I don't believe it. Those are two of the most leftist churches here.

Go catholic. The other denominations will die out in a hundred years, and they have survived over a thousand.

I haven't met a single liberal Anglican in the U.S. They might vary depending on which area you reside in.

Aren't Southern Baptists not allowed to drink alcohol? What else does the SB church restrict?

you dont want God.
you want your preconceived idea of God.
this is why few really find him despite their "testimony."

Doesn't the Anglican church ordain gays and women as clergy? Isn't that against the Bible?

I want to go to a church that doesn't conform to social pressures of popular culture.

I'm guessing that latino third of catholics skews them left

You don't have to believe it. The date is sourced.
Also, American Anglicans have a major split over the gay priests stuff a few years back. Most people who actually go to Church, and associate with a religious community skew conservative.

Just talk to God, you don't need a church to guide you.

you don't join a belief nigger. Analyze it and determine if it is true. If you determine yes, you are one of them.

visit catholic and orthodox churches and chose by yourself. i subjectively prefer orthodox theology more, but catholic might fit you better depending on your character.

why a church and not a temple, mosque, or synagogue? because you want to find the God you think or expect to find. this is why you havent found him yet.

Do WELS Lutheran. It's where ELCA non Lutheran is but more right. Also ELCA are literally liberals and forsake all aspects of Lutheranism. WELS synod of Lutheranism is the only based one left.

Depends on the sect. I also know that some denominations believe women are allowed to be pastors, as they believe excluding people from doing certain things (such as preaching) is contradicting to what Jesus criticised the pharisees for doing. I'm only aware of two portions in the bible that ever reference homosexuality (indirectly), which I believe one scripture states that men cannot have anal sex, and I cannot recall the other one at the moment.

Based on my personal experience, many churches have the mindset that simply because 'x' person sins, this should not prevent that person from sharing the gospel, as the pastors usually say that they are no better than the people whom they are preaching towards (basically that everyone sins and judging is what hypocrites do, and is not our jobs as humans).

anal sex with each other*

Because religion isn't just a belief. It's tied into your culture, history, family, language, morality... everything. I'm a white Christian. Becoming a Hindu is just as easy as becoming and Indian.

the individual churches within the convention are largely autonomous, some of them teach things that others don't.
there has been a big debate about calvinism vs whatever raging for years for example.
it doesn't matter what southern baptists say you can and can't do, at least as long as you're not thinking of getting into the leadership of it, what matters is what scripture says you can and cannot do.
moderate use of alcohol is fine.
try sitting in on a sunday service at your nearest one and ask them your questions.

How about you just be a secular atheist in a Protestant cultural context? You can be a loyal Westerner without taking on a voluntary mental disease.

>It's tied into your culture, history, family, language, morality... everything.
Very well said. Let me ask: what is your connection to the Jewish people and their culture?

The social and moral laws that Christianity teaches discourage people from degeneration and secular-ness; I want to rid myself of those things.

Also, I firmly believe that humans evolved/were created to worship something. When you don't worship a god, you will always find something else to fill that gap. That's why atheists & agnostics worship multiculturalism, or the free market, or material possessions, etc

Idk. I guess not much.

you should've asked about his connection to american culture and its people

(heiled)
So why limit your understanding of God, the afterlife, creation and all these things to the Jewish context? I think I may have an idea, because I used to do this.

If you admit monotheism and God is a Jewish invention, and that you have nothing connecting you to the Jewish people or their concept of Divinity, then you're a Christian out of convenience sake, or perhaps you just fear Hell. And if you admit all of this, what do you have left? You'd have no concept of god at all. You'd lose all the mental safety you feel when you believe someone bigger than you (God) is on your side. Like falling into an abyss.

If this is somewhat close, let me know and I'll stop the fall and give you something even better to replace the lies you gave up: the Truth. If not, good luck in your search, user.

do you know the history of "one nation under god" or are you larping senpai?

>Also, I firmly believe that humans evolved/were created to worship something.
There must have been a selective pressure for that kind of belief, but I do not know what the nature of this pressure is

>When you don't worship a god, you will always find something else to fill that gap.
Most de-faithed people do, and I am disturbed by that. Leftist politics really seems to be a religious phenomenon: it demands beliefs held on faith; and the choice to adopt those beliefs is about fitting in, instead of what might be the factual truth about reality. But not every unbeliever does this.

>That's why atheists & agnostics worship multiculturalism, or the free market, or material possessions, etc
That's a sweeping generalization, and a poor one imo.

Some of the best aspects of the West crystallized in the French & Scottish enlightenments, and they weren't very theistic/

yeah, it was added to let subversive judeo-atheist communists know they are not welcome here.
do you know the history of america and its deep ties to Christianity?

wallbuilders.com/founding-fathers-jesus-christianity-bible/

All the nigger churches want government programs more than the rest. You can't make this shit up.

The best advice you will ever get is that religions are scams designed to wield control over you and to separate you from your cash. Your god does not exist and your priest is a liar.

So you don't know, do you? And your interest in your God and religion goes about as far as a meme on Sup Forums. Do some research and come back, friend.

I don't think monotheism is purely a Jewish invention. I believe the churches & denominations created by Europeans are more European than they are Jewish, but I see your point. What is "the Truth"?

>I don't think monotheism is purely a Jewish invention.
And you are wrong.

Catholic
The one true church

>So you don't know, do you?
i told you, reread my post
>and your interest in your God and religion goes about as far as a meme on Sup Forums.
oh wow you know me so well

>That's a sweeping generalization, and a poor one imo.
Didn't you just admit that in the statement above? Either way, "worship" doesn't mean literally getting on your knees and waving your hands in hysteria. It means to have great passion for, work very hard for, and have great conviction for.

>There must have been a selective pressure for that kind of belief, but I do not know what the nature of this pressure is
I think religion is a social technology. It keep the tribe together. Without religion (as you see in the west), fellow kinsmen have opposing morality and it just causes division and endless infighting.

the fact that there is one God wasn't invented, it was discovered, revealed.

Just get a job at a Synagogue as a janitor and cut out the middle jew.

>Didn't you just admit that in the statement above?
Not about myself. But I do see it in others. You are right about it being a dangerous phenomenon

>fact
Take your meds

Monotheism -- the belief there is only one God and all other gods are either false or harmful spirits, was invented not by Jews but Aryans in Iran, or ancient Persia. There was an Aryan mystic and the first Aryan prophet who conceived of a single all-good God, who was wise and compassionate. The Aryan was called Zoroaster, his God was called Ahura Mazda. Zoroaster also invented the concept of "dualism" meaning there is also an all-evil entity who fights against the God and mankind. Sound familiar? It should ;) His name in Greek was Zoroaster, and his religion is called Zoroastrianism, and it was created roughly 500 years before the Jews stopped worshiping clay idols. The ancient Aryans spread this religion throughout the Middle East and the Jews learned about it while in Babylonian captivity. The early Semites who would become the first Jewish priests took the religion of Zoroaster and twisted it to benefit only the Jewish people. Even the concept of Globalism was invented by Zoroaster and was originally a very good political system. The Jew has twisted everything and claimed it all for himself. He has deceived you by saying that the Jew first conceived of one God, and as a result, you only know a perverted form of the one God.

Want more or nah?

You don't think you worship something? That's what all atheists and agnostics think, but I've yet to see one of them live up to that. I think you do have a "religion", but you don't think of it in that way.

are you in the green or red on political compasses?

Spend minimum one year reading the Bible on your own and studying the history of Christianity, the canon, and the church before committing yourself to joining a church lest you get falsely hooked by the feel-good major chord heavy praise music and cherry-picked bible verses padded with 60 minutes of a pastor's personal opinions.

Catholic, find a traditional parish, even if not capital T traditional.

I'm actually quite familiar with Zoroastrianism, but it's a virtually extinct religion. I'm also familiar with it's parallels to Christianity.
Are you a Persian-American by chance?

Faith is a about a personal relationship with God. Ask him your qeustion, within a week I think he will bring the answer to you in a way you do not expect.

Do you value truth and honesty?

If yes then im sorry, you should not join any.

Do you not value truth and honesty?
become a muslim and play the minority card every chance you get, also become a sjw.

>I'm actually quite familiar with Zoroastrianism,
why are you stuck in the jewish box regarding religion then?
>Are you a Persian-American by chance?
no. not trying to shill zoroastrianism either. aryanism instead

>aryanism
omfg

>Christians don't value truth and honesty
you are a liar

Fuck no

Find a conservative Catholic parish and study St. Thomas Aquinas. God bless you.

Interesting how you try to assume many things in order to get your point across.

The concept of monotheism isn't solely Jewish, as anyone who believed in other theistic ideals may have eventually shifted their idea of gods, to one higher being. This is just your pathetic attempt at cornering the other for this argument's sake.

There are plenty of individuals who aren't Christians because they "fear hell." Even some denominations believe "hell" is when a person that rejects God is under the presence of eternal love (Hence the suffering part).

>mental safety you fell when you believe someone bigger than you (God) is on your side.

This is just an assumption on my behalf, against I haven't read any other of your responses, so excuse me if I missed smething, but I'm sure I've seen that point regurgitated by anti-theists. Basically stating that God appeals to emotion, and this is somehow one of the very few reasons for God to exist. This wouldn't be consistent with against all Christianity, as not all Christians believe hell is a "lake of fire" like Protestants.

I have a strong feeling that lack religious fluency and you rely on implying/assuming things in order to ironically validate your position.

First of all, you have a misguided notion on monotheism. Then you proceed by what seems to be decontructing God through emotional appeal, which I already stated wouldn't be consistent with other interpretations of hell.

"The truth," is a mouthful. If you are secular, that would be contradicting to scientific inquiry, arena if you are some other type of theist, your arguments would contradict your in position.

Independent Fundamental Baptists is what I like.
youtu.be/OTAz7XIUy_0

The truth is that something cannot come from nothing. Matter can neither be created or destroyed, nor can the infinite number of natural laws that run the universe, biology, physics, etc. Atheism is a reddit-tier-spoonfed-by-billnye-propaganda belief.

they dont value them enough.

How do i know this? Easy, if they did they would not be christians.

>he concept of monotheism isn't solely Jewish, as anyone who believed in other theistic ideals may have eventually shifted their idea of gods, to one higher being.
Monotheism literally didn't exist until an Aryan created it.
>"The truth," is a mouthful. If you are secular, that would be contradicting to scientific inquiry, arena if you are some other type of theist, your arguments would contradict your in position.
lots of "ifs" there. why not discuss or debate religion with me and find out so you dont have to type so many ifs?

or maybe, Christianity is the truth
is this not a possibility?

Do you have a source that proves Zoroaster was not Persian or Jewish?

Anglican, or called Episcopal where I live.

auto-correct is very inconsistent... it keeps changing some of my words to others

Zoroaster was Iranian. He was not Jewish.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroaster

>JW
Don't join that cult, user. They fucked up my family they'll fuck up your too. Plus they're anti-government, if they weren't full of overweight latino/ asian women they would've taken up armed resistance long ago.

>Jehovah's witnesses
Damn, they really are unstable.

Get ready to love niggas

>The truth is that something cannot come from nothing.
Where did god came from?

> Atheism is a reddit-tier-spoonfed-by-billnye-propaganda belief.
you dont even know what atheism is, lmao.
>yes i do
No, you dont, its not a belief

Sure, but we dont have a good enough reason to warrant belief, those who think they do, dont value truth and honesty enough.
Maybe hinduism or scientology is true?
i would assume you would say the same exact thing about those.

Catholic.

Want the Truth about Jesus too?

>this one belief held solely on faith and social conformity is the truth and every other belief held solely on faith and social conformity is wicked and wrong
Occam's razor says they are all wrong

He lived in eastern Iran. He probably spoke a language similar to the recorded Avestan language

Episcopalianism is a leftist religion that bears little resemblance to Biblical teachings. I don't mean to offend, but next time you're at church, ask one of your female pastors about 1 Corinthians 14:34-14:35.

>why a church and not a temple, mosque, or synagogue?
Because kikes are on the longest larp in history since the 2nd temple was rased, and practice Babylonian mysticism. They don't pracrice the religion of the biblical Hebrews at all. That's impossible today.

Islam is apostate Christianity mixed with Babylonian mysticism.

Buddhism/Hinduism is very similar to Babylonian religion and a mishmash of pseudo intellectual word salad thay makes the reprobates who buy into that mess feel smart.

You seriously have to be stupid to read into the world religions and not discover that the only unique religion is Christianity. Because it's the only truth.

Gas yourself, gaslighting kike.

LCMS for me

I would love to debate you but you are terrible at it. Your previous arguements against the other person, consisted of making assumptions, and was also not consistent with all Christianity. Again, you made a poor attempt to appeal towards emotion via decontructing the idea of God with said thing.

You also seem to lack religious fluency, as your notion about Christians being said religion due to fear would not be consistent with the religion as a whole (I elaborated on my previous post).

When you said "the truth," I've only seen this stated by either a religious zealot, or the opposite of said thing, which is what I'm assuming what you are. Of course I may be wrong, but I do not want to waste my time on a useless discussion with someone who is both inconsistent, and fails to address things that would go aginst their idea of a religion.

>Irish
Leave, shill.

Mormons are probably the most conservative of the bunch.

the origin of a belief in a single God is an Aryan, not a Jew. so why embrace the jewish interpretation (christianity) of an Aryan concept?

Explain.

To be fairthe question about "where did God come from" would be irrelevant, as whatever created god would still be god according to many. Basically that "god" is infinite.

>Sure, but we dont have a good enough reason to warrant belief
opinion noted, but i disagree
>i would assume you would say the same exact thing about those.
yes, because if Christianity is true, all other religions are false
>Occam's razor says they are all wrong
the razor of willam of ockham (who was theist btw) doesn't falsify, you don't know what you're talking about
>this one belief held solely on faith
there is evidence of its veracity, people don't hold to it just as a whim

This goy is a fucking idiot.

Stormfags are the worst. Odin sucked cocks and ate cum, in addition to being fake & gay.

When Jesus Christ casts you into Hell, remember this post you fucking creep.

>Where did god came from?
I don't know. All I'm told is that He is the alpha and omega. He's always existed. I don't have to answer that question because my belief doesn't dictate me to.
You, on the other hand do have to answer my point because atheism claims that there is objectively no God because science gives us the answers to the creation of the universe.
So, please address my point.

>watch Going Clear
>watch The Young Pope
>watch Jonestown

Pick whichever feels will keep you on a balanced path in life after you watch those.

The only other church I know to go to is the Mormon church. But my family doesn't want me to be associated with them.

You believe Jesus is based off of Zoroaster.

that dude is a clown

>opinion noted, but i disagree
do present a good enough reason.

>yes, because if Christianity is true, all other religions are false
and you know this because...?

If you can say god is infinite why not just say the universe is infinite or the multiverse is infinite or even that the omniverse is infinite.
Where is the justification for a god?

Im not preaching Paganism.
Try harder.

Roman catholic.
You cant deus vult as a heretic, also are ways of thinking have been around for 2000 years whilst other heretic religions are less aged.

Not exactly. Do you remember who the first people were to acknowledge Jesus as the Messiah?

I really do like the LCMS for a lot of reasons. Did you choose it or were you born into it?

They got strong community, uncompromised family values, hate degeneracy. They're theology's really interesting too if you don't mind the whole planets thing. They don't allow any recreational drugs, but those are degenerate so who cares anyway. They didn't even allow blacks into the church until the 70s cause of pr.

Can't see why all of us aren't mormons by now

Christianity isn't Jewish. Judeo-Christianity is practically non-existent, and there's a reason why Christianity isn't merely a sect of Judaism.

Also, at the time of Judeo-Christianity, Judaism was hardly close to what it is now (reformation, more schools of thought including secular Judaism, etc.).

Since Christianity isn't part of Judaism, and goes against the religion (both are incompatible), it's a bit ironic that you suggest it's Jewish even though it rejects many principles in Judaism along with having Christ as the messiah/savior.

Because Christianity is the only trie religion.

In your opening post...
>you dont want God.
>you want your preconceived idea of God.
>this is why few really find him despite their "testimony."

This is projection on a fundamental level. You hate Jews so you refuse to entertain let alone beleive that Jesus could possibly be God. So you look at ancient pagan trash as am alternative because "muh culture and heritage".

You are a fucking clown, and you're trying to lead Anons to Hell with you.