Martin Heidegger thread

Martin Heidegger thread
I'm preparing an exam on Heidegger and I have to read Being and Time.
You guys have any suggestions for good commentaries?
Also, do I actually have to read the whole thing or can I skip through paragraphs once I get the point like I usually do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_os-ysZJM_I
youtube.com/watch?v=Mu-oOu5Nvik
youtube.com/watch?v=vjVXunGMGY8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Have a bump

Probably a thread more suited for /his/.

here's a Bowden talk on heidegger

youtube.com/watch?v=_os-ysZJM_I

not sure if it addresses your problem

I don't like shrimp...they remind me of baby dicks.

lol at skimming Heidegger and thinking you get it.

Look at Jordan B Peterson's videos which mention Heidegger.
Too lazy to look it up for you now...

/lit/

R-really?

the best intro I have heard on Heidegger was in Italian (and I've heard like 10)

just hold a sec so that I can resummon it from the bowels of YT and I'll paste the link

Look up what Dasein means. Learn a few other Heideggerian terminology words such as being towards death, write an obscurantist and insanely long essay that looks as pretentious and wordy as possible without necessarily having much content.

>I have to read Being and Time
Yikes. Tough. What are you studying? Philosophy?

Lel this. It's what Heidegger and that smug Hegel would have done.

Also, Heidegger and Paul De Man are top notch nazi philosophers.
Nazi Paul De Man cucked jewish Jack Derrida.

Thanks tthat'd be great
Yea philosophy, I actively chose to have this exam on Heidegger though, I asked the professor.
I did because 80% of philosophy is left-oriented and I wanted something different
>Paul De Man
I'll check him out

here:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mu-oOu5Nvik

Of course it is no substitute to reading Sein und Zeit, but I still recommend to hear the talk before you enterprise the book

and this one is also worthwhile:

youtube.com/watch?v=vjVXunGMGY8

after those two I don't think you'll be lost with the book once you begin with it

Many thanks hermano

No need to check out De Man. He's a deconstructionist and Heidegger is more related in phenomenology, so it probably wont benefit you in this case.
Cool you're picking Heidegger though and smart you're choosing not to read Time and Being, it is said to be the hardest along with Spirit of Phenemenology and É Grammatologia. I have read neither myself, I've always chosen to use secondary literature. I'm going to use Herder and Joseph Cambells Hero with a thousand Faces for my bachelor this spring.

>smart you're choosing not to read Time and Being
T-that's what I'm reading

>thinging things thing
d r o p p e d. faggot can fuck off with that retarded shit.

Bump. I am also having an exam on Heidegger (and Sarte too) shortly. And my history and philosophy professor is a priest

>studies philo
>doesn't know how to approach text
what the fuck luigi