Is gender on a spectrum?

Is gender on a spectrum?

what do people mean when they say this?

lots of people have different opinions on this subject but i don't think the vast majority have any idea what they're talking about and are just spouting their probably worthless opinions.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersex
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

XX
XY
in rare cases XXY or XYY

This. Anything with a Y is male.

(((They))) say gender is on a spectrum simply because some people have characteristics of the opposite gender. For example, I can't grow facial or chest hair for some reason. It's an attempt to justify appearance defining gender rather than biology to further their agenda.

Ask them yourself.

Oh. You think the science is on your side?
You merely adopted the labcoat.
I was born in it. Molded by it.
By the time I saw an episode of Bill Nye I was already a theoretical physicist, and it was nothing to me but SHILLING!

There are genetic and biological issues but they apply to a SMALL percentage of people and a MINORITY of those conditions actually result in ambiguity. They are trying to use these legitimate EXTREMELY RARE cases to argue that anyone can claim to be any gender even if they don't suffer from a condition. Bullshit artist!

Now, we do have limited knowledge about how the brain functions so there IS a POSSIBILITY that there my be something biologically wrong with them there.

My bottom line is that, no matter the cause, there is something WRONG with ALL of these people. It may not always be their fault, but they are still retarded. Because it might be in their brain I'm willing to go as far as calling them by one of the TWO legitimate pronouns and I'm not even happy about that. Better yet, I will just avoid them.

Masculinity and femininity are on two sides of a spectrum. Not necessarily related to biological gender.

Gender is a lie created by old white guys. We are here, we are queer and we will not be beaten. The gender revolution is happening and you white men will not be able to stop it.

There are three genders:
men
women
retards

some people unironically believe that gender is how they looked like

It's on a spectrum is a nice trick to make normies imagine a normal distribution from male to female, inplying a majority of people are trans. When in reality, it's two spikes on either ends with an insignificant dabble of mentally ill or physically deformed freaks in the middle.

They pulled the same tricks in the 90's when they said homosexuality is a spectrum, that nobody is 100% straight or gay. Again, this makes normies imagine a normal distribution implying most people are bi.

Nice digits. Anyway, there are 2 genders, unless you have a genetic defect. I don't care which one you are, but anything besides male or female is not right.

There are more genders than there are people in the world.

>tfw too smart to comprehend this

There are more people in your mother on an average saturday night than there are genders.

The thing about the gender debate you need to realize is that people are arguing different things.

Gender Identity: An emotional state of being [spectrum]

The group that says there are 2 genders is referring to the biological sex of an organism.
While the retarded million gender group is referring to their Fee-Fees.

Nope, binary. Stop starting threads.

It means that gender had nothing to do with specific elements of sexual duality until the 1950s when a sexologist wrote a bullshit book and started using the term that up until that point had been used exclusively in reference to grammar. Gender is made up so it doesn't have to fit into a scientific box. The SJWs conflate gender and sex and argue against normal people who assume also that they are essentially the same, and either the SJWs are retarded or being intellectually dishonest. Likely both.

No. The left just hijacked the word "gender" and started pretending it was different than biological sex, despite the fact that they have always been synonymous

It means they're going to get gassed.

>and either the SJWs are retarded or being intellectually dishonest
bingo
and not just on this topic. academics, life choices, spirituality, current events, etc
no saving most of them, as SJW mentality is the new religion

That's sex, desu. BUt it's true.

There are at least 4 sexes, and at least 4 genders it's scientific truth.

So sex is basically your genes and your reproductive organs. And gender is our current cultures ideas and beliefs that are centred about how people of certain sex should behave.

Also we can all agree that gender is always linked with sexuality. So even by the most conservative and traditional standards four genders:
Man
Woman
Boy
Girl

Because our culture looks at men and boy differently, sure boy are expected to grow up into men, but regarding sexuality and their social roles, boys are seen in different light than sexually developed men.

The spectrum just adds more to this four roles. You probably noticed how some gays are effeminate, well that's a gender performance as well, and some lesbians are "butch", that's a gender performance as well. And so on.

>if men behave like a woman then he is a woman
back in my times that was called a sophism

picrelated: you make simple things sounds complicated.

How is it any more complicated than saying they're a man. What makes man manly? And what makes woman feminine?
Those definitions change through time and from culture to culture.
West Papuan tribes believe that boys ingesting adult males sperm is the only way for them to become real men, because you know what's more manly than sperm, and by ingesting it, the manly powers are transferred from man to boy, who becomes a man.
So I'm pretty sure that occam's razor goes into my direction not yours.

People asking this dont know what people mean by Gender. They dont mean sex. Sex is being born a man or a woman. Having a dick or a vagina. What people mean by gender is your identity. Its basically you personality. Its what you do. Like if you enjoy wearing lipstick and high heels. That is you personality. Which means you can make a word your personality since nobody is the same. Everyone is an individual which means that there is one gender for each person as long as you are willing to specify your exact personality as a gender. This is why I dont understand why people care about Gender. It not relevant in any situation unless you are talking to a close friend, and then there would still be no need for a word to describe your friends clothes, sexual preference etc. Sex is relevant when you go to the doctor and he needs to know weather you have a uterus or not. Background: I have taken gender studies classes, Minor in Liberal arts. Gender is irrelevant in politics and Sjw are retarded

They are resorting to semantics to justify their anger that they don't get the respect they think they deserve. Typical behavior from low-class uggos with monster fupas and blue hair.

>"Hurp a durp durp hurp"

Go away degenerate.

I completely agree, and normally I would just ignore or grin but the problem is that they are allowed to make it into legislation. This is were I start to get annoyed since this shit actually starts affecting normal people

If you whip your dog every time it pisses on your carpet it will soon cease pissing on your carpet. People will eventually understand this and take action.

I get that some people have really extreme cases, so I can understand having a "both" and "neither" option, but that's about it. No one cares enough to pick their gender from a scale with 60 middle options.

Bro you can argue all day about how gender and sex are different things but what is always the end goal for people who claim to be not the gender they were born as? Genital surgery. This final step is what shits on their whole argument. If gender & sex weren't the same thing, sex change operations wouldn't exist.

There has and always will 2 genders/sexes - Male and Female. Eventually this bullshit will pass when people get tired of celebrating mental illness.

There's intersex as well.
There were even intersex people competing in the Olympics... (mostly as women)

>Gender is irrelevant in politics
Oh yeah that's why the motto of third wave feminism is private is political. Gender is important part of politics, sure it's not all, but it does play some role.

^ this cis gender binary fluid faggot gets it.

>gender was created by old white guys
you're probably actually serious. you poor bastards.
yes, the third gender is on the spectrum of body dysplasia. these people literally have a mental illness.

>these people literally have a mental illness.
Yeah no.
Gender should be seen as discourse first, where it's a "discussion" between the individual and the society at large, on seeing what is considered manly and womanly.
You know how many interviews with MTF I've read, where they all say the same thing: as a young boy they had more interest in mom's clothes and shoes and stuff than playing with soldiers/ball whatever else is considered manly for boys.
So both the parents and the person themselves have come to conclusion that their gender isn't boy that will become man, but girl that will become woman.
It has everything to do with roles.

>there are 4 genders

NO
there are two
male, and female

there are varying degrees of masculinity and femininity expressed in people though, but that does not change the amount of genders which are two. those are not to be conflated.

That's completely wrong. There aren't even two sexes.
Because you have intersex, and you can claim for them to be genetic degeneration, but given the fact that intersex women competed and won on highest athletic competitions, it proves there's nothing wrong with them, other than odd number of sex-related chromosomes.

go back o Russia Ivan

You're a fucking idiot.

Nice retort you have there m8s.

>That's completely wrong
4 sexes isn't even an accepted scientific opinion and by definition gender is either male or female.

>but given the fact that intersex women competed and won on highest athletic competitions

>women with
what is woman? that's correct, it's a sex.

It's retarded SJW bullshit. There are only two genders, everything else is a mental illness. And everyone claiming otherwise is not only factually incorrect, but also extremely stupid.

That doesn't mean there is another gender any more than a downs kid is a different species of human. It's just a deformity.

woman can have baby's men cannot

this is all a ploy to feed the hungry betas lest a large portion of men will become detached and nihilistic towards society, thank you 6'2'' meme and white knights

Woman is gender, Female is sex.
And because intersex people weren't for most of the history considered as their own sex, they were lumped with other two genders, that they looked most like. That's why you have intersex people that look like women identified as women. and vice versa.

Once someone with the downs, can a) be considered normal and b) compete at the highest athletic competitions and win, then sure.
You're thinking of sex there, buddy not gender.

>woman is gender, female is sex

topkek no, female is gender, woman is biological sex sex, you got your definitions mixed up.

which cause of intersex are you referring to, genetic or other ones?

gender is a load of toss, you'd only defend it if

a = did gender studies and need to defend your worthless degree

b = a trap who wants to brainwash kids into becoming your fuckthings when you are creepy old degenerates with a lot of acceptance working on shame, assuming you dont kill yourself earlier

sorry but a woman dressing up with suspenders and a bowtie with thick rimmed glasses(you know, the "gender fluid" uniform) does not suddenly make the female a male gender.

Good fucking lord. You can dress like a man all you want but the second you have to do what is expected of men, you back out. That is how these people are. Entertain that thought user. It's all retarded. Men wanting to be women and women wanting to be men. It's all a ruse.

It's about as a spectrum as a light switch.
It's either one state or the other, and sometimes a defective switch may be manufactured.