What is it with women and statues?

dailyillini.com/news/2017/04/28/statue-engineering-quad-brings-representation-diversity/

>“She represents a multi-racial female, a young professional woman at work… always thinking, on the move.”

First fearless girl, now this. Who's pushing this propaganda? What can we do about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZKie_34cpJI?t=1m30s
youtube.com/watch?v=oXWgJSpvbic
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They look nice and accomplish nothing

I guess ignore it

Cant even tell that's a woman. They gave the statue no tits lol.

vultures who are in the art world making shit for public commissions. they call themselves artists but only take beautification commissions and it's usually just fluff or flavor of the month shit. they probably made tens of thousands of dollars. there is very little intent behind it besides just scamming shit for free municipal/institution money

look at what she is on.
an hexagon...
Jee, I wonder who is behind that...

Before you know it they will move this next to the fearless girl statue in NYC and make them a lesbian couple.

Tomb of the Unknown Woman Engineer

Yeah I wonder who

TOP KEK!

What the fuck have women contributed to in the past 20 years? HR jobs?

>And here we can see the ever illusive female engineer in her natural habitat - fiction.

"pioneering", "innovative", words that describe 0.001% women. I guess that's why the need a statue to commemorate it. Men just call that "going to fucking work".

It's like building a statue for a nigger that learned how to dress properly. It's monumental for them, but just kind of 'meh' to us.

top kek

"We must secure the existence of female engineers and a future for female engineers"

they don't anything in reality, so they must plaster their unreal achievements and non existent power in fantasies for the world to look at them

>He who must shout "I am the king" so that the country knows that he is the king, is certainly not a king"

I think, and this is just my retard speculation, they are trying to paint over Humanity's collective ideas about Men and their historical achievements. They will put up more and more of these until you'll see every statue of a woman being about how they are fearless and engineers and scientists and all that, and all you'll see of men are war memorials and war statues.

tl;dr they want to paint women as benevolent scienctists and paragons of human advancement, and men as war mongering pigs.

Shieet

The fuck is up with the book-leg? The design of this statue is so lazy. It's not even proportioned correctly.

you forgot all our oversea island.
fucking inbred retard

Also, I'll point out that it looks like she's working on the double slit experiment, or some kind of interference pattern involving waves. Both of which are phenomena discovered and documented by men. So... So much for pioneering, or innovative.

Maybe it's a metaphor for 'standing on the shoulders of giants'? Seems a bit contradictory to the words used in the pedestal. Maybe that's the metaphor though? She's standing on the 'innovative' and 'pioneering' achievements of others?

This. Male statues are earned by real individuals. These statues are superficial. Find a real woman with a real legacy.

Sorry for samefagging, but also, can someone explain the symbolism of this? It would make more sense if she was standing ON the books, making her shin out of the books just seems to be an idea gone astray

women or statues?

But then she would be standing on the books, not animorphing from them.

She standing on that knowledge, boi.

Is she posting Selfies on Instagram?

That and destroying enterprises.

You put a woman in charge of an enterprise when you want it to fail or it's already failing and you've decided it's not worth trying to save.

Women usually make it to the CEO's desk five minutes before a firm files for bankruptcy. Any men at all qualified for the job will already have refused to be the fall guy.

Just a continuation of the whole

>grrrl power
>grrls can be engineers and scientists too
>fuck yeah science hurr durr

pop science meme that's plaguing the world today

Yes

I have a theory that there's some pro-female group that's trying to take over the world like in South Korea
I don't really have any proof but my gut is telling me not to fall for this shit.

underrated

>standing on three hexagons
>inscribed with "Inspirational", "Innovative", "Pioneering", and "Confident"
oh shit

Looks like a clipping error, probably an error in her CAD model because women are shitty engineers

a little girl is definitely going to see that and want to become an engineer now!

>Inspirational
true, women have inspired a lot of great men to accomplish things
>Innovative
Citation needed.
>Pioneering
true, this is a new area for women to explore but it's also a hostile area for women to explore, I think most women are going to end up wanting to go back to being housewives once they start playing with science. They'll realize the dangers quickly enough.
>Confident
as if that's somehow of note in science and engineering.

>uses 3d printer to make the statue
>still fucks it up
JUST

The statue was made by a woman, and woman are into the hobby of trying to express themselves as subtle, when they are really the least subtle creatures there are. That compounded with the fact that they base worldviews and actions almost entirely on emotion leads the "artist" to allow no room for interpretation because you might interpret wrong.

The Lesbians of the 7th Circle

Basically Cristina Kirchner, Bachelet, Dilma and Clinton and other females in America have lesbian orgies every 5th of September in an undisclosed island in Central America were they discuss world domination and eat severed penises of political enemies

>The statue was made by a woman

Sorry for my mysogny, but im 99.99% sure the woman made a 3d model on her mac pro and then some greasy latino (male) made the statue

What to do about it? Its called knock it the fuck down! Not rocket science son!

>statues depicting fictional women accomplishing unspecified tasks

These cunts are putting the cart before the horse.
Why not make a statue of an actual accomplished woman?
Oh, wait...

>multiracial

her father was half book.

>multiracial = minorities are disproportionately accepted to uni and are now representative of the typical student body.
>Female = also disproportionately accepted to uni and representative of the typical student body.
>Career Oriented = Not pregnant, why have families when we can import the 3rd world to replace us?
>Standing on desirable qualities = Standing on the works of others.
>On the move = Jumping job to job for more money because fuck community and life and families.
>Bootleg = "Her foundation is knowledge" She accepts whatever school taught her, fuck critical thinking, logic, and data driven analysis.

Seems about right.

>both of those women only accomplished such a task because of men

WEW
E
W

LAD
A
D

We don't need to do anything about this, women just have to jerk each other off with this kind of stuff to feel like they're important, but no one really cares.

White knight lefty losers say they care, but they probably even don't for the most part.

Man I miss Michael Jackson. Nice of them to make a statue of him

>it's always fictional

Why don't feminist shill Marie Curie nowadays instead of fictional characters?

lol

simply get Thermite and melt it. Jesus how hard can it be.

or ignore it.

Bitch about to fall face first down a flight of stairs because she's too stupid to watch where she's walking.

Really makes you think

This

you're a legend

Most of those women are not even pure STEM if not all of them(judging by title/job desc).

The west wants to display it's suicide proudly. Why stop them? These monuments will be a lesson to future generations

>There is no way this could go wrong
Some male engineers are going to vandalize the fuck out of that when they get drunk one weekend.

As if fucking up godiva's hymn wasn't enough.

more info on SK group pls

That's not a woman. That's Quicksilver from the newer X-men films.

Hermione literally did nothing to stand against Voldemort.

>statues of men
>historical memorials to great generals and intellectuals
>kings and leaders
>people who contributed massively to society
>monuments to the honored dead
>generally people who did something great to earn their status

>statues of women
>fictional people who are supposed to embody their asinine values because there aren't any important figures who actually do due to those ideals being self-destructive and demonstrable failures

What next, are they going to start giving our Purple Hearts to feminist activists and giving the Medal of Honor to women who express a desire to pass a college course?

This. If they'd put up a statue of Madam Curie outside the science department, no one would bat an eyelid because she really made great contributions of science. This statue though? It's just tacky.

(((They))) know women aren't competent. It's about destabilizing the cultute and lowering birth rates.

youtu.be/ZKie_34cpJI?t=1m30s

Female engineer getting BTFO

Yep.

Damn I miss Nationalism

what a self-defeating argument.

the deathstar is fucking sick

>Matt Steinaway
>Stein away
I wish

What will it take to cease the encroachment of cultural Marxism?

Inb4 muh rope day

>What next, are they going to start giving our Purple Hearts to feminist activists and giving the Medal of Honor to women who express a desire to pass a college course?
I honestly wouldn't even be surprised.

no tits

youtube.com/watch?v=oXWgJSpvbic

>art so powerful that you have to L I T E R A L L Y spell out its meaning in big white letters on the base

>woman
>pioneering
>innovative

The oxymoron statue