How do you look back on the early 2000s?

How do you look back on the early 2000s?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CMX2lPum_pg
youtube.com/watch?v=oXWgJSpvbic
youtube.com/watch?v=apV2Ifp7woA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Remember Guidos being a fad in the early 2000's? Those were the days...

It was a comfy time in my life, cringy decade overall but still comfy

Pre-9/11: Good
Post-9/11: Shitty

I liked all them slutty emo girls showing their sweet little titties on the Internet. I spent a lot of time jerking it to them

Happy times. I was in elementary school, but I enjoyed life much, much more.

Last remnants of a semi-functioning economy and post-WWII prosperity. After 2006 ended, it was all downhill. 2007-now just feels like one long year.

This
Post Iraq war being even worse

Wasted opportunities for kebab removal

Completely shit culture, devoid of any real artistry.

Boring politics:
>muh war
>muh gas prices
>idiotic boomer politicians arguing about who was more tough in Vietnam

Millennials having their formative experiences which shaped them into the whiny SJW faggots they are today.

0/10, worst decade in a long time. Probably even worse than the 70s. At least the 70s had Scorsese at his prime.

It's the same as it is now we are living in the same era

Post 90's/ 9/11 aftermath

However cultural things thend to shift on like a ~20 year basis so we probably have 3 or 4 more years until we shift into a new cultural epoch

>Its the same as it is now

Strongly disagree
No smartphones, social media wasn't a norm, SJWs weren't everywhere, economy was still good,

It honestly felt like the late 90s just with a war going on

Technology always changes but the overall culture isn't drastically different

I will say though we are shifting out of the 00 "turn of the century" culture as we are at the end of it. So it is now giving way to whatever the next two decades of culture will will be, the transitionis always a little squishy.

Don't get caught up in the small details look at the culture from a 50k foot level

If you go back to say July or 2001 we live in a different universe

But go back to July of 2003 (2 years later) and we are actually or far off from current

>However cultural things thend to shift on like a ~20 year basis so we probably have 3 or 4 more years until we shift into a new cultural epoch

I would say we're already there.

Politically, for example, we're definitely completely distinct from the 2000s. Boomer politicians are mostly fading away, and the chief remaining one (Trump) is radically different in worldview from the ones in the 2000s.

Millennials are fracturing pretty rapidly into competing right and left wing extremist groups, even going so far as street battles Weimar style, perhaps signaling a coming civil conflict of some sort.

Obviously the internet has completely transformed the way we interact with one another and our economy.

A calamity.

I aalways look back on my life with regret.

Even though it was edgy hot topic shit, at least it was straightforward. All you had to do was do your hair a certain way and then bullshit everything else. Nowadays, it's like fighting a cuck war against a Jew who keeps dumping cash on his soldiers while you're left with outdated tactics.

In my moms stomach xD

absolute degeneracy.

I blame Hollywood for it too.

youtu.be/CMX2lPum_pg

Yeah but you gotta inderstand that those formative experiences included being taken advantage of... sexually. The early 2000s were such a slutty time

>MTV pushing slutty cultures on girls and retarded guys trying to be the next star for Jackass
>Thizz face
>Bathroom group pictures
>"You spin me right round."
>lolz
>A bunch of idiots thinking they're Irish for some reason
>Every person into CKY was an asshole.
>Drunkenness and statutory rape cases everywhere

Thanks Hollywood.

>tfw people ended up wasting their time and becoming another casualty of society

Bill Nye Saves the World as well as the anti-Trump shit on Sup Forums makes me think we might revert back to the SJW days but then again Berkley battlefields prove that a civil conflict within the United States might break out
Lets see how it plays out

I don't

I wasn't born until the 2010's!

Late 90s/Early 2000s were a pretty dope time.

Then 9/11 happened.

>Sup Forums

Shit meant to say TV
sorry had a few beers

>The early 2000s were such a slutty time

Maybe, but it can't match up to now. Virtually any problem you can name from the early 2000s is amplified in the 2010s.

Being a punker during the pop-punk/emo bullshit craze was pretty awful to bear. And those fucking screamo/hardcore kids...god don't get me started

>makes me think we might revert back to the SJW days

Were in those days. The backlash is finally happening, though, but we're still in SJW waters.

>2007-now just feels like one long year
That is a good way to summarize the last decade. Literally nothing has happened or changed.

>

Better times, but those years were tainted by the accelerating decline of the United States in virtually every respect. Starting with 9/11.

He's partially right, but the thing is, back then it was more of a "Girls Gone Wild" DVD experience and a bit more obnoxious. I'll agree it's been amplified, but it's a bit more casual in a sense. It's been sprinkled with pseudo-intellectualism and depression.

Fun fact: All those people are either dead or are terminally ill with cancer.

Youtube Poops

2016 was the year the population realized just how mentally ill the left was and decided to vote for Trump to spite them. After all there is Gen Z who might be the conservative generation depending on whether Trump gets re-elected or not

I saw in a recent poll that 45% of people in College towns approve of Trump's presidency so they might be losing the culture war

youtube.com/watch?v=oXWgJSpvbic

The 2000s were probably the worst decade in history followed closely by the 2010s.

At least the 30s had streamliners and Art Deco.

>How do you look back on the early 2000s?
It just felt more "colorful" than now. The pre-recession 2000's were pretty great. We had things like

- DDR
- Morrowind, Oblivion
- Emo fashion
- Malls still had people in them
- Reading manga in Borders bookstore was fun
- Playing fighting game vidya in the arcade.
- Yu-Gi-Oh cards
- Weaboos

The last girlfriend I had was in 2006. I miss the pre-recession 2000's. It just felt so much simpler, people didn't have their face in their phone all the time. People seemed happier and more social back then. Japanese culture was bigger back then than it is now.

>new cultural epoch
>We're already repeating the 1920's all over again.
Es ist Zeit!
youtube.com/watch?v=apV2Ifp7woA

The early 2000s.

>3rd Rock From the Sun
>Friends
>Our faps included C Aguilera, Britney Spears, Jojo, Mandy Moore, Avril Lavigne, Hillary Duff and WWF Divas like Stacy Keibler
>Gameboy
>MSN Messenger
>Free internet via AOL discs
>Diablo 2 and Starcraft
>SJWs weren't a thing or were rarely noticed
>College wasn't a bunch of whiny snowflake liberals but mostly lazy drunks

I miss it.

The 2010s are worse by every metric.

Very comfy until like 2007 when everything started to feel wrong a weird and then went to shit. I'm 2012 and forward everything at to worse shit.

>Japanese culture was bigger back then than it is now.

Are you kidding? Geek became chic about 5 years ago and it still is. The only difference is that it's less Second Life-esque and slightly less nightcore on YouTube.

Early 2000's was bread and circus in the most literal sense.

Oh and I forgot. Fanny packs were the most retarded thing of the early 2000s. Now, we have selfie-sticks and iPhones.

Ringtones cost $3 just to download and use. I also remember communicating with random people via walkie talkies at our local fair. Met a few fuckbuddies that way.

Good times. Simpler times.

The political correctness though is really the only reason I miss the simpler times. The political correctness and SJW shit has gotten so fucking out of hand. It's everywhere and only getting worse.

The liberals will probably try and start another Civil War by 2020 with Trump in office.

Whether it's just a repeat of the Spartacist Uprising and quickly gets put down by the Army (perhaps with the help of some right-wing militias) or turns into a genocidal apocalypse remains to be seen.

You'll be saying that 2010s were awesome soon enough, complaining about how shit the 2020s are.

Don't miss arm bands, necklaces, dyed hair tips, etc. all fucking gay and degenerate.

This is such a retarded theory, if only because the US/Israel didn't need a pretext. Terrorism was already a huge problem.

The USS Cole attack alone would have been sufficient.

Lucky Larry theory holds more water than this.

I feel like Weaboos and Geek chic are a completely different breed to one another. I'm a fan of anime and manga but I loathe American comic books, I just feel bored reading them.

>early 2000s
>no internet

>How do you look back on the early 2000s?
I don't know, I wasn't born yet.

The 2010s are a symptom of the 2000s. The 2000s were worse BECAUSE they caused the 2010s.

Same tbqh

I'm just hoping for another Civil War at this point so I can kill some Federals/Leftists (or at least martyr myself for a glorious cause). The only way to reverse our decline is to tear down the whole rotten foundation first.

No, the 2010s are garbage. The only redeeming factor it might have is that it isn't as bad as the 2020s will inevitably be.

The first half of 2000 was fine, even i have the best memories from then, the other half was a preface of all the degenerate stuff that's happening today

In my country "Reggaeton" music started to spread out like a disease and in my early teenage years i could see all my generation rotting in degeneration listening to that crap, and starting their sexual life at 13 yrs old and having a long list of boyfriends/girlfriends at age 16.

Pic fucking related, then these species evolved to actual day normies and shit-tier thugs, some got redpilled to be just.

NEVER LOOK BACK.

This about sums it up. The internet was more fun back then because there were less rules almost everywhere.

it instilled enough fear into the population to make them forget vietnam enough so the government can spend trillions on two wars that both have lasted longer than vietnam

>korn slipknot and pale emo chicks on my dick
>world of warcraft, diablo 2 other pearls
>opposing wars and everyone agreeing instead of "muh dictators killing beautiful babies!"
>no sjw feminist cancer
>it was warmer
>it was less refugees
>cartoons that didnt give a fuck
>limewire and kazaa
>schools were easy and no one gave a fuck about grades as opposed to todays high nosed youth
>emo stuff to go through teenage angst
>no youtube and cams were too shitty so I didn't get to film my autism back then so I missed being a cringe thread star

In tears as I will never get to re-experience those easy times. Thanks for the feels OP

Funny you should make this thread, I was thinking about earlier how it feels like we've come full circle to the Bush era again. The way the culture shifts will be the most interesting to see, but I'm already feeling a totally different atmosphere than when Obama was president.

Don't remeber I was 6 when 9/11 happened

I've repressed childhood memories.

I can't tell you.

Scary how little I remember.

My memories of the early 2000s were great, spent them in Germany. My memories of Germany were pre Merkelcucking which is great. Only people people you worried about back then were the occasional Turk... even then I hardly saw them in Bavaria where I was.

The 2020s will either be liberal faggotry reaching it's apex and perverting Western Civilization beyond redemption or it will be a bloodbath as Europe and the United States tear themselves apart in the throes of bloody civil war.

I've been saying for the past six months, Donald Trump will either be one of the greatest Presidents in American history or he will be among the last Presidents in American history.

'Greater Israel' is the entire motivation for the funding, arming, and training of 'terrorist' groups like ISIS.

I would say that anime and manga are less popular today than it was in the pre-recession 2000s. Manga was so popular back then that they even had an "Amerimanga" craze, where manga drawn by Americans popped up all over the place. With the closing of Borders also came the downfall of Tokyopop, which was one of the biggest publishers of manga in the US. Borders closing as well as dried up mall traffic really did spell a demise to anime and manga in the US.

Today's geek-chic is very different from the weaboo culture in the mid 2000s. Today the popular things are MLP, Pokemon Go, apps, self-narcissim, Homestuck, Undertale, and colorful flash cartoons.

Its like the difference between Teen Titans and Teen Titans Go. Teen Titans represented the culture of the 2000s- its very anime-ish, its hand-drawn, full of pop music, nightclubs, Starfire is kawaii, Raven is emo-gothy, Robin is a shonen hero.

TTG represents the culture of the 2010's. Its animated cheaply in flash, its wacky and random, its autistic, it has an Adventure Time feel, nothing really makes much sense. The TTG formula is for impatient kids.

they were all over the sherdog forums

You fail to realize how many good goyim Christians there are in the United States.

Remembah ze 6 gorillion you filthy goy animal.

with a time machine

People weren't constantly on their phones because smartphones were uncommon. The Iraq war was a big deal and people flipped their shit over international opposition to it. Bush was a clown but at least was competent as a politician, unlike Trump. I remember a lot of different things politically back then, like looking on maps and still seeing Yugoslavia and a unified Sudan. Back then TVs still had three dimensions, and the internet was different because it had fewer rules, though access was not as widespread; my family owned one computer for recreation and school stuff.

>The 2020s will either be liberal faggotry reaching it's apex and perverting Western Civilization beyond redemption or it will be a bloodbath as Europe and the United States tear themselves apart in the throes of bloody civil war.

You're right. Neither of those options are good, and both will ensure that the 2020s will be even worse than now.

What was your reason? Mine was divorced parents+slide into poverty. I just "woke up" about a year and a half ago in texas with a ruined liver.

Parentel shit? It always starts there.

Israel has trouble just holding onto Palestinian territory, how are they supposed to effectively govern an area 10 times their current land mass? They'd have to literally depopulate that entire region (and I don't mean a few million refugees, I mean depopulate it on the scale the Spanish did South America).

I just want easy days like back then to come back just for a little while but I know things are going to get very ugly in the near future.

it was great, 2007 was the last true great year. things went downhill after that

thats why they are about to reinstate the draft. gotta thin the heard of free thinkers

Trump's election has single handedly averted that, friend. Just his strengthening of the 2nd Amendment will do keep us from joining Europe's fate as future Islamic nations.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=knhg-iiyLEQ

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJIy1ok494s

Joke's on them, I'm already enlisted.

Nigga hes done fuck all for the 2nd

Banned for underage

1990-2001 great

2001-2007 still good

2007-2012 worse but tolerable

2012- shitty as hell

Question to those who were in their 20s in the 2000s: Was it easier to get laid back then? Were girls cool and not bitches? Nowadays it seems like simply talking to a girl is considered rape.

They were years of Not total degeneracy

What he have now is Total degeneracy.

remember when emmassacre's tits were the first result on google images?

I think she was 13 at the time

They were still bitches they just weren't all wearing super tight pants where you an see their ass

>Just his strengthening of the 2nd Amendment will do keep us from joining Europe's fate as future Islamic nations.

It ain't the Muslims I'm talking about (there's barely any of them here and they for the most part, behave and stay out of the way). It's the liberals, whose minds have been completely infected with neo-Marxism I'm talking about. There's tens of millions of them and their desire to cut our throats grows by the day.

I think he's imagining both left and right wing groups becoming more violent.

With Gorsuch, the 2nd Amendment is safe. This presents a few problems along with it, though, as we'll probably see armed left-wing groups emerge over the next decade.

This could be very dangerous given who our rivals are, Russia and China, who have more or less stated their willingness to fund American fringe groups.

We are probably living in some of the most dangerous times in history, when you take into account our bleak economic outlook, as more and more jobs disappear and it becomes impossible to lead a middle class lifestyle for the majority of people, plus the erasure of political consensus in this country and how far both sides are pushing to extremes. And add onto all that the willingness of figures like Soros et al willing to use their fortune to destabilize whole countries, even the United States, not even to speak of foreign countries doing such.

It's hard indeed to see how we can avert the end of the United States as such. It may actually be Happening.

THIS times a million. It's time to stock up. It will come in waves. Peace, violence, tension filled peace, an explosion of violence, a return to a semblance of peace, then all out anarchy.

I finally came out of my shell after a rough childhood 2005-2009. Recession and several family tragedies in 2010 almost ended me with stress.

2012 I got back on my feet. 2016 things fell apart. I'm on my way back to normal now

>as we'll probably see armed left-wing groups emerge over the next decade.
Those fuccbois will get wrecked, it won't be quick or easy but they will lose. Remember to castrate the males and eliminate the females along with the children. Extinguish their lineages forever.

Elderly fucker here.

I grew up in the 80s and 90s.

I went to war in 2002 and missed almost the entire 2000s. I have a ten year gap in my knowledge of pop culture. I can't tell you shit about that decade other than some random cartoons and movies I watched.

I came back for good around 2009. It was like coming to a foreign country. 2009-2015 really sucked. Everything was alien. Nigs and fags everywhere and all kinds of weird shit was happening. Didn't understand it. Economy sucked for most of it. I didn't belong.

Then in 2015 things started to get interesting. I noticed the culture start to shift. People started saying and doing things they wouldn't have in 2009. It started to feel like home again.

Tbqh, I'm more worried about fracturing along right wing lines.

Imagine a libertarian vs. fascist civil war, with leftist groups being a footnote. This is a very real possibility, as the present "alliance" of these two groups has allowed them both to grow at an unprecedented rate, but it is a tenuous alliance at best, as they are fundamentally opposed in worldview.

Although I don't see such a thing happening over the next 10 years, almost certainly over the next 30-40.

The one thing I can't help but notice is that there are almost no moderate millennials: they all seem to be either extreme leftists, extreme libertarians, or extreme fascists. There is no consensus in this generation, and that's a horrible symptom when combined with economic decline.

Makes me glad I opted to get out early in 2001

Stop giving Schlomo ideas retard. Delete your post