Log in to indeed job search site every day usually at 10:30am, then every hour refresh

>Log in to indeed job search site every day usually at 10:30am, then every hour refresh
>Look for part time job
>Apply to maybe 1-2 a day that are applicable to my skills
>Literally no calls

What the fuck is going on, seriously. I've had 2 interviews in 4 months.

welcome to the world, idk how many response that said "we were impressed with your skills but are going to go with a different person"

Put down transgender and lie about your race.

me too senpai

Networking is a million times more important than sending out millions of cold resumes

>Log in to indeed job search site every day usually at 10:30am
Well theres your problem, try starting at normal work hours like 7 or 8am.
>Apply to maybe 1-2 a day that are applicable to my skills
1 or 2 a day? So thats like a solid 30 minutes of effort on your part to apply for a job?
>Literally no calls
Minimal effort on your behalf gets minimal returns.

If you're unemployed looking for work, that is your full-time job. You should be putting in at LEAST a full 40 hours a week looking for work. Thats 8+ hours a day applying, calling, and researching jobs. You can do it; very little else is taking up your energy.

Strange I've never seen this on Sup Forums before but I started doing the same thing 2 days ago

Got one email back and the job is 1 hour and 25 mins away

>applicable to my skills
Spread the search a little. You can be picky once you have a job. Also indeed is really a crapshoot. You need to apply to every single job that seems peripherally related. Good luck user

>maybe 1 - 2 a day

really?

1-2 a day?

call me this time next year after you've put out 100-200 per week.

btw - this is a shit topic and does not belong here

Protip from a business owner: I'm 100% serious BTW...

Lie on your resume. Literally everyone does it. In fact, it's so standard that your potential employer will think you're a dummy if you don't do it.

Seriously m8. Lie. Customize your experience to whatever job you're applying for. Listen to me, leaf. I know what I'm talking about in this one area of life. Lie early and lie often.

Do it cunt. I promise you

And also like user said, you have to network. Never hand in a resume to a regular worker, because they'll throw it in the bin because they don't want their job being at risk. Insist on speaking to the manager and if you can, find out their name before going so it looks like you know them. Don't ask for "manager", ask for them by name. Do your homework. Don't be a fag and take my advice and you'll have a job in a fortnight.

>be OP
>don't be a fag

absurd

The reality of the world today is that its all about who you know.

So stop being an autist and start "knowing a guy", so to speak. That is networking, and its how anybody gets employed anywhere (usually.)

>How to get a job
>tell lies
>know people

>Not in person
>Not networking
>Not making impressions
>Lazily sending a few cold resumes here and there

Millennial failure detected. I run a decently sized business. I throw cold resumes out before even glancing at them. If you don't have the ethic to show up and make an impression, no one will want you. Your resume is a peice of paper, it tells nothing of who you are and what kind of worker you are. Actions speak louder than words.

This, a resume isn't a legal binding document, you can say whatever the fuck you want to, just up the employer to dig into it.

I tried to do this for awhile, going in person to hand them my application and resume, literally everyone just sent me away to apply online. I've never found it hard to get a job, but of course not good ones.

Any non-white should just start their own business and stop begging the white man to hand them employment.

>indeed.com

Going to that site was your first mistake.

I'm applying to be an EMT and they can see that I got certified 2 months ago, they want a year of expirence

pretty much I am fucked and am going to drive for uber and take up drinking

maybe i will do this in 4 months and say i've been working on an ambulance, but still life is shit and every day i wait for DOTR

>
kidr vjrdoymh

>>
HOLY SHIT

GO TO CRAIGSLIST, YO

I GOT A JOB ON THERE IN 4 DAYS

You can probably lie on shitty jobs, but with good jobs, you can't lie. Even if you somehow magically get through the interview and get hired, it won't take long for your lies fall through, and they'll fire you in a heartbeat.

For things to happen you have to get off your arse you hoser

It feels like being productive firing off a bunch of online job applications online, but it isn't

Knowing people is what counts. Being in the mix is what counts. Being out there, not in your house

This doesn't always work though. I'm a developer anything I put on my resume they will harass me about. I knew SQL queries so I put knowledge of sql and they were asking me shit I didn't know like sql versions I'm familiar with and dba admin questions.

I wish I was told this long ago, I'm never going to get a job without nepotism or muh connection

They know you browse Sup Forums

No one cares autist

Then how the fuck are autists like us supposed to get jobs?

Get swole and roof.

online applications usually go straight into the trash

I'm hogging numerals.

>go to employment agency meetings every month
>I have to apply for 20 jobs in a month, not too much trouble
>as I get closer to the deadline I realize there isn't really enough jobs out there that I can really qualify for.
>If I don't have 20 jobs by the deadline I get kicked off and the government gets to see "a drop in unemployment" because it's less people on welfare
>last minute apply for some jobs that are above my skill level adding that I would be willing to train up and learn (who knows?)
>go too meeting
>"user why are you applying for all these jobs that are above your skill level?"
>"There really isn't alot out there that I can really qualify for"
> "THERE ARE LOADS OF JOBS OUT THERE user LOOK 64 MYSTERY SHOPPER JOBS YOU COULD DO"

how did you not know this retard.
you don't. you die a miserable pathetic death because you're a genetic failure

america even has fraternities. college going anons have zero excuse for not being able to network. frats are like a retard proof way of forming a large social network

And paper applications get sent straight to the recycling. The only people that make it through are the fags that know a guy who knows a guy who's friends with a manager at the place you want to work.

This guy has the right of it. When I was briefly unemployed I went through the job search sites and put out dozens of applications. Even things you don't completely qualify for, like that demand more schooling or experience than you have. Lots of the time these things have on the job training and any prior experience was pointless.

Also, go buy a paper and check the wanted adds. Go to your busy part of town and drive / walk around looking for help wanted. You might only find shitty part time or minimum wage work, but you'll have an income while you keep looking for something better.

>apply to work for google
>get interview
>do well on all 3 interviews
>recruiter confident I got the job
>no answer from them
>recruiter swears they liked me and said I was definitely a good fit
>fast forward a year
>at bar
>meet a dude who works for google
>tell him about the interview and my skills
>he is shocked I didn't get a job
>he asks me what email I used on my resume
>I said gmail
>he asked if I visited any controversial sites
>I thought of this place but said uh not sure
>he says it's not confirmed but he heard from people that they track your browsing habits for months and if certain sites or stuff you goggle for raises a flag they drop you

This place cost me a job at google fuck you all.

Every job I've had was a "cold call".
Try this:
Go on google maps and search for businesses that you could potentially work at. Find their email address(es), find their fax number, whatever. Send them a CV. Repeat.

Imagine you run a company, or even just a department, and you're looking at your deadlines and know that you're already spreading your employees thin. Maybe you know that so and so is about to have a child and will need to take time off work for a few months. Maybe someone just got a concussion and their efficiency isn't going to be as high as it was until it heals up. Suddenly, some random person's CV just falls into your lap like manna from heaven. You arrive like a saviour.

THAT, my friends, is how to get a job.

No shit. Good jobs are rare. People that want good jobs are many. Thus, the good jobs go to the people who know the people who are offering the jobs. It's common sense.

I've never signed off on hiring anyone that wasn't part of, or known by someone, who was a member of the clubs I was in in university, especially alpinism club. It's just good business to know the quality of the person you're hiring

Got a better alternative? CareerBuilders is just pyramid schemes.

I'll give you $50 for boipucci if you're in Calgary.
Maybe more next time. I got a whole week off thanks to winter chan so I'm broke(ish). If you're cute I'll make you feel pretty ;)

>This place cost me a job at google fuck you all.
Google is a pretty shitty place to work for. You dodged a bullet.

This is the single worst idea I've ever heard.

Have you looked into getting your forklift license

>Wake up around 8am, check my work schedule
>Lay around and play dark souls 3 until 10-11am (or until i get a call)
>Sort my office space, send a few mails
>Stop working around 1-2pm

Such is life of the self employed. Currently on my 16th day of vacation, not even kidding.

Funny enough that seems to be big as well as a Truck license

>Cold calls are bad
Sure, if you don't like the idea of being literally the only person they look at. Cold calls fucking work, man.

>they track your browsing habits for months
They pulled browser history what you had synced in chrome?

Easy targets for automation. Not a bad skill to have by any means, but not a guarantee, especially in the long term.

No one wants to roof :(
Just show up with work boots and they'll hire you. Gotta be a hard cunt or know how to be a hard cunt though. Don't expect to get rich. Op's are faggots.

Try lying about your ethnicity, got me 3x as many callbacks

This is how I got my warehouse job as a certified forklift operator

Exactly. Cash in on it woke you can bud. Before the robots take over

Get it while you can

If you are white they wont hire you at the welfare jobs like Starbucks or McDonalds. You need toget marketable skills.

What job can I get with no experience, no skills, and no education? I can meagerly program in Python

This is 100% true. I have accidentally gotten jobs I was way unqualified for just by embellishing my resume. When I was 21 I had been selling cars for a couple years and I wanted to move up in the industry, so on my application I said that I had been the Internet Advertising/PR Manager (I made an instagram and Facebook for a couple dealerships). I had all these phony stats like "we saw 50% more foot traffic just from advertising through social media" and shit I knew they couldn't fact check. I got an interview with the biggest chevy dealer in my state to run their internet sales department, a job that would have paid me 80k a year or more (I was 21 years old and didn't even have a high school diploma, lied about that too)

Anyway I showed up to the interview and asked if they had a room with a projector. They seemed kind of confused but we ended up having the interview in their conference room. After the sales manager saw my bullshit ass PowerPoint presentation I made in 15 minutes on my MacBook he brought in the GM of the dealership and she watched the presentation and hired me on the spot. They hadn't even finished all the interviews and I know at least 30 people were applying for that job.

Anyway I knew that job was way out of my league so I joined the military instead. Probably the worst decision of my life.

I browse Sup Forums and got a job m8

I'm an Engineering Technician. Fork lift would be a downgrade for me.

Go into carpentry or general construction. Custodial work isn't bad cus you can work autism hours, you get paid well, and no one gives a fuck about you, just as long as you aren't a bitch about plunging a toilet.
Otherwise you can have fun working retail and standing behind a cash register all day.

i've literally only ever obtained one job (night shift at a gas station in some shit-hole CO mountain town) with a cold resume. Every other job has been got by someone, family or friend, already working and providing a recommendation. In such cases, the application was merely a formality.

>apply for job on Indeed
>have relevant experience
>called back the same day
>interviewed the next day
>working within a week

you guys suck

Dude, go study HVAC, machining, welding, drafting or something. Electricians and plumbers are making money hand over fist. Odds are, you can get a super cheap (or even "free") education in your situation, too.

thats bullshit they wouldnt know your browser history

>roleplaying on a mongolian throat singing board

Worse comes to worse, add to the national debt and work for the government like I am.

:/ I just assumed it was standard "degree and resume". Fuck me

Work is work user. I know it sucks as I'm in the same boat but I'll take anything over working for the dole.

what a poor fucking lead. actually wants to work, but can't find a job. now you got thousands of fucking Mexicans heading up North, and you tens of thousands of refugees collecting gibs and 80% don't want to work

that's some fucked shit.

1). Wrong board faggot
2). Indeed.com is shit. It's essentially putting your resume into a black box.

You need to network to find jobs these days. Cold call. Cold email. Do what it takes. Don't be a faggot. Stop applying online

How could you have assumed this? Have you never watched a group of people interact? This isn't the first thread an user has given me this same response and I can't even fathom the upbringing necessary to be this naive about the world

Just learn Javascript and SQL and you are golden. Also any fancy new js framework will do too. Write on your resume that you worked for several startups. Apply to startups. Email directly the CEO because they are usually much more accessible than CEOS of big companies

I don't have to work for the dole for about 8 months now.

I don't want to do it either, I would prefer to fucking work.

>Job elitism
Drop it, there is no such thing as a bad job unless you aren't getting paid enough to cover your bills. Try to get a job that is around $11-$17 per hour so you can a start.

Besides, if you have a hard time getting a job you might have to drop your degree from your resume in order to not get rejected for being too qualified.

You stupid little cunt. I can't even believe they don't teach you this in school. I thought our education was shit. I will teach you. FILL OUT A FUCKING APPLICATION. I know it's online now, even easier. FILL OUT ANOTHER ONE. Repeat about six to fifteen times. Three days later go and VISIT EVERY PLACE YOU APPLIED TO TO MEET A MANAGER. Tuck in your shirt. Wear a fucking tie. Shake their hand. MAKE EYE CONTACT. Say this: "Hi, I'm sorry to bug you, I now you are busy. I put in for work with your company recently and wanted to put a face to my application. My name is Francois Fuckstain. It Is very nice to meet you" THEY WILL CALL YOU BACK. Do this until you get an interview where you think it will work. It isn't them just shopping for an employee, you also, are shopping for and employer. FUCK your parents are useless.

What field you are in m8

What r your areas of exp? What r you looking for? Seriously. I'd hire a Sup Forums guy over anyone. Idiot Savants.

Not an issue for me. I came in this thread mostly to give people who can't get a job helpful advice.

Fellow leaf here. The only jobs open to white English-speakers in Canada are in the drug trade.

Vancouver: if you're not a chink, the position has been filled.
Alberta: hire you? We just let twenty go.
Toronto: if you're not a chink, a pooinloo or a sandnigger, the position has been filled.
Ottawa/Montreal: if you're not French, the position has been filled.
Anywhere else: what positions?

I was under the impression this was a indonesian underwater basket weaving board. But no I am not kidding, not going to lie it was hard getting to this point and I am not rich. The secret is keeping your overheads as low as possible and only accepting a 75% deposit and the rest on completion.
>Trust no one

While you are right, networking ONLINE is the way to go nowadays like on LinkedIn
I get cold called sometimes by headhunters

let's read your application user

Guys what should I put in my contact with them so I can move forward towards getting a job?

set up your own businesses faggots, what makes you want to work for another man?
own hours, and you truly get paid for what you deserve.
feels good.

>transgender
This is extremely unlikely to land you a job outside of artsy fartsy "jobs" in states like CA and NY. Most companies would rather not deal with the inevitable drama.

do u realized wat happens if everyone send 150 applications every week?

Hey I wanna get self-employed too. Any advice for me m8? What exactly are you doing and how did you start bro.

What r your areas of experience/expertise? Serious inquiry-I'd hire a Sup Forums over anyone. Sheeple

I know that feel.

Applied for an entry-level position last week. Got an e-mail this weekend saying they were looking for someone with more experience.

>mfw

Damn user.

80k? And you left it? You fucked up.

You definitely could have bullshitted your way through that job until you knew what you were doing.

Linkedin is pretty funny. You can tell exactly when someone is sick of their job when they start updating their linkedin.

>Guy starts adding everyone he works with
>Keeps giving everyone endorsements, expecting to be endorsed in return

Any advice please on how to start a own business fingolian

>quit a secure and well-paid job because fed up of bullshit
>take care of stuff I've let fall into disrepair for some months
>money gets tight, loans won't pay off themselves
>send a couple of e-mails with indifference
>get two interviews within a week, accepted for both jobs
All I ask for is hard work.

Well now you can say you have military experience AND lie about your credentials and you'll be golden at a lot of companies

Where are you? Basic EMT jobs are a dime a dozen right now. Literally a generation at the top (firefighters and paramedics) are retiring. This is making the ladder up move. In the PNW fire departments paying 6 figure salaries for Paramedics can't find any, private ambulances are fucking running 100s of hours of overtime a week because they are losing moderately skilled 2-5 year medics to hospital districts and fire departments.

Anyone with a pulse and a cert can get an entry level job with AMR in seattle driving the bandaid wagon.

Get off the internet grandpa.

When you hire someone to do work on an important project to you, would you hire a random nobody?

Seriously even niggers on the street can grasp this concept, ie who can 'vouch' for you. Otherwise you're just a nobody and a liability.

Actually I was a bit isolated being brought up, parents barely let me go out with friends. Anyway, I over reached with my career prospect, I could've gone down the labour path, but since I did well in school I thought going for the education and getting a "good job" was a good idea

Sorry for the blog

I am considering some of these, but I hate how dead end they seem, just a means to an end.
>Javascript
I know there's a career to be made in webdev, but I'd rather not. Too many aspects of js are simply absolutely disgusting