A lot of the Silicon Valley elite are doing extreme experiments on their bodies in hopes of prolonging their lives and...

>A lot of the Silicon Valley elite are doing extreme experiments on their bodies in hopes of prolonging their lives and improving their health. The latest fad among this set is sticking to a so-called 'ketogenic' diet that's exceptionally high in fat and low in carbs and is considered an experimental treatment for diabetes. Think Atkins, but way more extreme.
Looks like Zukerberg is going to stay with us a while longer.
cnbc.com/2017/04/28/ketogenic-diets-silicon-valley-investors-body-hack-for-better-health.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>they discovered keto just now

"elites", lol

Ketosis works

Keto diet is fucking AIDS.

I you jews live forever--eternally hated and attacked.

Are you writing this to trick the goyim or is approved sacred jew knowledge?

Ahhh!

Keto requires extreme discipline. Why not just cut calories? it would be easier

lol what's more important than that is that it doesn't fuck work and it's extremely unhealty. Fat is used very efficiently by the body and the rest is stored as fat rather than glycogen with protein or carbs. Not to mention half of these people think eating a pound of bacon a day is healthy because of this bullshit.

been on a keto diet for a few weeks now. it works wonders

There's literally no proof to back your claim. Show me evidence that dietary cholesterol affects serum cholesterol. I do agree that calorie restriction is a better idea long-term.

all energy that isn't used is stored as fat. even protein breaks down into glucose and is turned into fat by insulin

keto is hard AF

but these cunts are rich enough to have personal chefs so yeah easy for them

carb-lite is my preference, need some carb for dat bulk season ;)

Ketosis is very easy to get into, just 0 carbs and pure protein and fat

The hunger pangs for carbs will become intolerable but if you can stick through it you will enter a near-death state called ketosis, where your body's metabolism adjusts to process only meat and fat (a cavemen diet).

The problem is you will have 0 energy for days, and I mean 0 energy. Think a stage 4 cancer patient dying, less energy than that. You will try to get off the floor but be unable to. You will try to lift an arm, but won't have the energy. You will lie there a lifeless corpse, with your friends, family members and dog even concerned that you're literally dead.

That's what it was for me anyways. I eventually gave up and managed to crawl to the kitchen and ate 2 loafs of bread and 3 boxes of cereal and within 24h my energy returned and I came back from the dead.

I did lose 10 lbs in 3 days though, but likely because I was dying.

ketogenic is actually mind expanding if you can get past the first month of feeling like you have cancer

after that you start getting a ton of energy and your mind becomes incredibly clear and focused

I bike a fuckton and am hungry skellington and I can't ride more than 20 miles on it so I stopped

but if I wasn't such a bikefaggot I'd do it

taking shits sucks though, gotta find some ways of getting fiber
eating nothing but meat, cheese, porkrinds gets old fast
the difference is your body running on ketones instead of glycogen, where ketones clean up all kinds of garbage in your system like plaques on neurons in the brain and plaques in arteries. Without glycogen in your system and a constant stream of insulin, your body doesn't store fat and it becomes extremely good at using fat for energy

People are all fat now not because they eat too much fat, its because their bodies are very bad at using fat for energy

Top end of aerobic (lipid) metabolism for most people (even very fit people that eat a lot of carbs) can be as low as 100 bpm, usually no higher than 135bpm (if your max HR is around 190bpm). Thats basically brisk walking pace. On keto, top end of aerobic metabolism goes way up to like 165-170bpm which is when you are starting to huff and puff- brisk jogging/light running.

A section of people with the healthiest cardiovascular systems are actually innuit people (sample would be normal people who don't smoke/drink). They continue to have incredibly elastic arteries/cardiovascular system until death and their diet is almost completely devoid of carbohydrates.

Carbohydrates convert to muscle glycogen- whos purpose is to provide energy for very brief and very intense bouts of power. Your body running on glycogen for just normal activity is very bad.

you're absolutely retarded.
bodybuilders have been doing keto for years before the shows in order to dehydrate and make the muscles look their best.
go ask /fit/
Jesus christ leaf

>carbs are bad

No. To many calories are bad. End of story. You can do whatever unsustainable fad diet you want but in the end if you're losing weight it's because you're eating less food.

>15% decline in sweetener
>therefor 15% decline in burger consumption

retarded graph

that's my point though. they're eating the same food. taking sugar out didn't change shit

No, sweetener has carbs. Bread has carbs as well. They're just eating another source of carbs, but carbs still

Bread should be banned

Explain why Asians eat 5 rice meals a day and are skinny.

I have a cousin with epilepsy who does keto, she says it's a pain to keep with but it gets the job done- her seizures are less common than ever and she's in good health. It really isn't terribly 'experimental,' just different.

Even eating less won't solve it. Compared to the 50s, we're eating about 500-1000 less calories on average per day, yet obesity is skyrocketing. People are just far too sedentary now.

Energy use is as important as energy input, if not more.

>No. To many calories are bad. End of story. You can do whatever unsustainable fad diet you want but in the end if you're losing weight it's because you're eating less food.

What you said is not wrong. But the truth that the same amount of calories of sugar vs fat will make the body do different things. The sugar when taken all at once will result in a insulin response and will convert whats not needed to fat. Eating fat will not do the same thing, and so will not have the same bad side effects.

The goal is to not eat more calories then you need. Also to not eat more carbs then you need, moderate your protein intake because to much protein is bad too, and the remaining about of calories should be from fat. The end result should be you eat more fat then sugar.

500g of rice has ~140 carbs. Rice is usually eaten with protein stuff like meat around it. I highly doubt that anyone can eat more than 0.5kg of rice per day because even less of that keeps you full.

On the other hand, bread has 50g carbs per 100g bread. When I was fat I would go through an entire bread per day (which was equal to ~250g carbs). That's almost twice as much as rice and I'm not even adding the sodas or anything sweet. Remove bread consumption and sugar consumption becomes irrelevant

The body processes glucose quicker but it doesn't matter over a day because the calorie surplus or defecit is the same. So you might create fat at 7am and burn it by 7pm regardless of how quickly it was processed. Also fat has more calories per gram than sugar so any assumed benefit in terms of digestive resources is negated.

Keto is a fad. It's Atkins in steroids.

> Explain why Asians eat 5 rice meals a day and are skinny.

Rice has less calories then grains and potato based starchs.

Compare rice based noodles vs wheat flour based noodles - countries in asia that eat wheat based noodles are fatter on average.

>Rice has less calories

exactly

That can't possibly be right. Many dieters cut carbs out as their first strategy. And protein would give your muscles energy. I guarantee living off cheese and ham portable protein packs would give you higher energy and satisfaction than eating hamburger buns and bread, as long as you stay hydrated.

Again what your saying is true but your missing a fact.

After insulin has stored that unused glucose as fat, your glucose levels will crash and make your hungry. This will train you to eat again - snack between meals. Thus over time leading to overeating if you don't understand what is going on.

People who eat more fat / less carbs who then have a more steady level of blood glucose don't have the same cycle of intense hunger between meals thus leading them to not over eat.

Your body undergoes a huge transformation, goes from using carbs to fat as primary fuel

The lack of energy/fatigue is worse than cancer, read up on it, it feels like you're dead

>an entire bread per day

and that comes back to discipline. You're comparing the discipline of choosing and planning what you eat very carefully to avoid even the smallest amount of cards to just not snacking if you don't need to. I would much rather go with the latter

>not doing LBAD
never gonna make it

This discipline you speak of is in short supply among humans. If you take the same calories and get them from sugar you will be hungry most of the day and are more likely to cave in and snack.

A fat satiated diet means not being hungry all day on the same amount of calories, and your mood improves because of it.

A more practical attitude is to understand that your more likely to succeed in not over eating if you eat a diet that doesn't make you hungry when eating only the amount of calories you need - you literally need to over eat to feel not hungry.

It differs for people since everyones body is different but for me the "keto flu" only lasts a week.

After that I feel fucking amazing. It's like the world becomes higher definition or something

For the entire month of april ive been on a super high fat high protein diet like this. It's awesome. i blow 2x as big nuts and i can run much further.
the pain in my jaw finally went away too which i can only explain as a reduction in chronic inflammation

Lel enjoy your massive constipation

Did he died?

youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs

Relevant documentary, acts as sort of a rebuttal to Supersize Me. Keeping this thread Sup Forums-worthy, it seems like many of the anti-fat people over history are mostly (((vegetarians))) trying to push an agenda. Taking the fat pill gradually myself and I'll hopefully rid myself of the carb Jew.
>implying you can't eat veggies

> It differs for people since everyones body is different

For people that find a Keto diet to restrictive you can accomplish most of the effects by doing intermittant fasting. Most people who do this eat within a 6 hour window - say noon to 6pm. That means all night you are in Keto and stay that way till noon. If you go further and try to keep your sugar intake mainly to dinner, then you can eat lunch but stay in keto for longer.

> reduction in chronic inflammation

Yes this is the other chronic issue people don't understand. Most increases in diseases come for this. Increased sugar intake in diets in some countries is the reason for an increase in heart disease and diabetes.

Also for anyone that cares about how they look, a keto diet will make you look flat and sunken. Your muscles need glycogen, which is made by the body from carbs, to look full. Most of the magic keto claims have not been scientifically demonstrated, it's all anecdotal.